Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Petshop of Horrors

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Seeing the door finally opening he watched as D smiled at him with the same smile he always did. Clearing his throat and lowering the bag he pushed it towards D's hands.

"They're Chocolate, Cinnamon, Apricot, and Rasberry Rugelach from the Bakery 'Delicacies'... Here."

He continued to hold out the bag, not adding the fact that he waited on line for over an hour just to get them, knowing that D would like them, knowing it would be a fool proof way to get inside.

"Tea.. Right.. So I can come in then... I have a few things to ask you about."

Moving past D into the pet shop he walked over to the usual couch and sat down, pulling his hand from his pocket to find a lint covered toothpick just to put it back again and remove his hand without it. He waited for D to finally come over and sit before speaking.

*Detective Leon Orcot*

[Rugelach or Rugalah, is a Jewish sweet rolled pastry, that are pretty good, the Chocolate are my favorite, in case you didn't know ^__^]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:01 pm

Count D took his time slowly cutting up the pstreys and bringing them over to the table. He served Leon his tea, then made himself comfortable on the couch.
"What might I be able to help you with Detective?," He said with a smile.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Bringing the cup to his lips he drank the tea and put it down. He looked over at D. He felt it would be best to straight to the point, so he started to talk.

"A family was last seen visiting your shop. Mr and Mrs. Stevenson, and their son Jacob. The boy was known for torturing animals in his neighborhood, I don't even see why anyone would want to buy a pet for the brat... anyway... getting off topic..." Leon rubbed his face trying to get his mind back on track.

"Well it was said that they bought a pet from you, a gerbil, cat, rabbit, something small in size like that, but the neighbors said it had to be much larger then an animal of that size, the cage they saw being pushed into the house would have been able to fit maybe a medium sized dog.." Scratching his head he leaned back on the couch and crossed his leg.
"What did you sell them? the kids in the hospital, both of his hand were chewed off, he and his parent are in too much shock to say anything and the animal is nowhere to be seen, but the EMTs say they found the kid in the basement crying and rolling around on the floor, blood everywhere, the cage the neighbors mentioned about was even missing. I'm not saying the kid didn't deserve some sort of punishment for enjoying causing pain for others, but it could have been handled another way. I know you're behind this, in someway."

He watched D for any reaction and waited for him to speak.

*Detective Leon Orcot*
Last edited by Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:20 pm

"Why yes, I sold them a Rabbit. But unfortunetly they broke the contract.," He said holding up a peice of paper. "Anything that happened after that is no longer the responsibility of this petshop."
He gave a slight sigh.
"It's a real shame. But at least I know I can trust the last girl I sold a pet to. I know she'll take good care of him."

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

"A Rabbit?! A rabbit doesn't... nothing... never mind..." He sighed putting his fingers through his hair

"The contract.. right.." He took the paper looking it over.

"Rule one.. Never feed it other then veggies and water... that sounds familiar..
Rule two.. Do not harm the animal in any way.. Well that's a red light right there.. and rule three.. do not show the rabbit to anyone." Tossing the paper down to the table, he closed his eyes and rubbed his face.
"So the kid hurts the rabbit, bunny goes from soft and cuddly to man eating machine... and I can't prove a thing.. wait.." Leon sat up realizing something D had said.

"You just sold another one? To who..where and what kind? Am I going to find another mauled dead body?"

*Detective Leon Orcot*
Last edited by Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:57 am

Zatani smiled and hugged him back. "So, you like movies like this? Don't you get scared?" She asked covering her eyes as a greusome part comes up.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:30 pm

"Iiya," He said shaking his head and cuddling her. He didnt get scared easily.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:50 pm

Taking the paper he raised his eyebrow "Dog.. eh? well let's hope no one becomes puppy chow..." Reading over the contract, he turned it over looking for an address or any information other then the woman's name and the rules she had to follow.

"So.. This Zatani buys a dog.. Just that? None of that mumbo jumbo incense?" Placing the paper down he couldn't help but think that he should make a stop to this Zatani while on his way back to the precinct. "Thanks for the Tea. I should get going, need to find that killer rabbit, or any other murderous animals you may have given out. I still think that penguin you gave the mayor is going to eat him one day." Leon scoffed and stood up, looking over at D for a moment he shook his head and headed for the door. "Oh.. Chris will most likely be coming here after school, I'll pick him up after work."

------------------------------------------

Leaving the shop he headed to a pay phone, he needed to contact Jill to find out the location of Zatani.

"Hey Jill, It's Orcot.. Listen I need the address for this woman... No I'm not stalking her. Ha. Ha very funny... just give me the address." He listened as Jill went on on the phone until she finally gave him the address. "Yeah.. I'll be sure to remember that.. Yes I'm writing it down.. sheesh Jill, get off my back.. I'll see you at the station.. " Jotting it down on a piece of paper he found in his pocket, he hung up the phone and headed to Zatani's house.

"Finally.. it would be the last house I would look for.. " Walking up to the door he scratched his head a bit unsure what he would say, before deciding to knock and wait for someone to answer.

*Detective Leon Orcot*

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:11 pm

It took a few moments for someone to answer. Hikaru opened the door, looking over Leon then giving him a slight glare. At the moment, Zatani was in the shower.
"Hai?," He asked, forgetting that Leon wasnt Japanese.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:49 pm

Leon stood there waiting, when the door finally opened, he couldn't help but step back a bit when he saw at the door, the dog standing there almost glaring at him and barked something that almost sounding like Hai.

"So, You're the dog that D sold.. huh?... uh.. Where's your master little buddy?" Looking around what he could see from the doorway, and then back down at the dog he called out. "Hello? Anyone here?" He was unsure how the dog learned to open the door but he wasn't asking any questions. Kneeling down he studied the dog. "You don't seem evil, though you don't seem to really like me either.." He stuck his hand out allowing the dog to catch his scent, making sure to wait to touch him to show him he meant no harm. He spoke out once again. "Hello? I don't want to seem like I barged in here, your dog opened the door, I'm a detective here to ask you a few questions"

Leon didn't see what everyone else did, for some reason Leon was unable to see anything but an animal standing there. It was something that even stumped D.

*Detective Leon Orcot*

[For some reason Leon can't see the human forms to the animals D gives out. He only sees the animal itself. I believe that's all he sees until around the last Manga... and one special situation before that]

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Hikaru sniffed his hand, but stepped back slightly, still not trusting him. He looked back into the house. Zatani was still in the shower. He could hear the water running. Untill she came out, Hikaru decided to keep Leon out of the house. He pushed him out, closing the doow behind him, then sitting in front of it stubornly.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 pm

Leon shook his head after being nudged out by the dog. Scratching his head he stood back up just as the door was shut in his face.

"Alright.. guess I'll be waiting out here.. "

Leaning on the side of the door he checked though his pockets, looking for anything to keep himself busy with. He found a few things, even a small cake that D seemed to have slipped in there when he wasn't looking.

"Listen.. If your master's in could you just tell her that I'm here, I dunno, nudge her or something bark and come to the door I would appreciate it, you seem smart enough.." Leon sighed and smacked his forehead.

"I can't believe I'm talking to a dog..."

*Detective Leon Orcot*
Last edited by Sonja_Blue on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Hikaru cocked his head slightly. He then nodded and walked back into the apartment. He didnt quite like the looks of this stranger.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:31 am

Placing his hands at his sides he watched as the dog actually went back inside as if he knew what he was talking about. Shaking his head he watched the street as if to get his mind off of what just happened.

"Come one Orcot, pull yourself together. You're talking to Dogs now for god's sake... That D is doing something to you.. The dog couldn't know what I'm saying.. "

Rubbing his face roughly he put his hand through his hair and fixed his jacket, looking over at the door he sighed and turned his head watching the passing cars. Waiting for someone human to answer the door.

*Detective Leon Orcot*

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:41 am

Zatani got out of the shower and into the living room to see what Hikaru was doing before she started to blow dry her hair but before she could she saw Hikaru come in from outside. This made her panick a little as she walked up to him. She thought while she was waiting in the shower she heard someone else. "Hikaru? Is someone here? Why were you outside?" She asked as she walked to the door and looked out seeing a man. She didn't recognize him but she opened the door to greet him. She was wearing a small summer dress that she had decided to wear cause she was planning on exploring the city with Hikaru more. "Hello there. Are you here to speak with me?" She asked. She figured that Hikaru made the guy stay outside and since he stayed so long it looked, he must be there for her.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:09 am

Hikaru looked over her shoulder, making sure nothing bad wuld happen.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:47 am

Leon jumped slightly as the door was open, he must have been falling asleep and didn't even realize it. He hair was slightly amiss and he wasn't wearing a suit but one of his odd t-shirts, a jacket over it and his jeans with sneakers

"Oh.. Sorry.. The name is Leon Orcot I'm a detective with the San Fransisco Police Department. I'm just here to ask you a few questions, would it be alright if I came in?" Unzipping his jacket slightly he reached in and pulled out his badge to show her. "I won't be here long... Though I think I should at least be able to come in for something to drink, your dog has been keeping me out here for about an hour or so. I called out before but no one answered, I heared someone was home, meaning you.. so I decided to wait."

*Detective Leon Orcot*

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Zatani's eyes widened when she heard he was a detective and she quickly looked over to Hikaru then back at the detective. "Oh, I am sorry for making you wait. I can't believe he kept you out here so long. He is very protective I guess you could say." She said giving him a smile and turned around walking into the house. She came into the kitchen and poured them both a glass of water then came in setting the detectives glass on a small table in front of where she was about to tell him he could sit. "My name is Zatani Ori. You can have a seat on the couch if you wish." She said as she sat down on a chair that was on the other side of the couch facing it slightly as she held the glass of water nervously in her hands. "Listen...Detective. My husband...ex-husband. He was drinking and he must have forgotten that he isn't aloud to come within fifty feet of the house nor me. I mean that is what happens when you get drunk. Is forget things." She said quickly hoping that she wouldn't get neither of them in trouble. She had no clue why he was here, the only thing she could think of was that her husband had called the police about Hikaru beating him up.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonja_Blue on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:19 pm

"Please.. Ms. Ori.. Calm down... I'm not here for that reason.. Though you should report that your husband broke the restraining order, if you want, I could tell someone at the station." He stopped to listen to the excuses she was making for her Ex.
"That's no excuse Ms. Ori.. being drunk is never an excuse for anything.." He looked over at her studying her a bit and then over at her dog.
"I'm actually here because of him.. Is that the dog you purchased from a Count D?" He watched the dog struggling with the glass in the kitchen as it jumped up with its front paws and started to lick the side trying to get the water.
"Uh.. First I would advise giving him a bowl.. he seems to be having a bit of trouble.. and I'm sure you don't want that glass broken." He looked back over at Zatani.

*Detective Leon Orcot*
[He who sees the Animals for what they are. hehehe]

Sonja_Blue
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mana Sayuri on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Hikaru glared over at Leon. He could drink perfectly well on his own. He gave a slight growl, still not trusting the stranger.
"Baka," He said.

Mana Sayuri
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!