Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

~Recuriting~ Revival of Lao Shan Lung ~A Monster Hunter RP~

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

~Recuriting~ Revival of Lao Shan Lung ~A Monster Hunter RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:58 pm

'K, so here's the deal. I wanted to write a story about Monster Hunter, titled the same as this RP, but it just ain't working out. So I decided, "Hey, let's make it an RP!". So that's what I'm doing here today.

"A long time ago, the legendary dragon, Lao Shan Lung, was awaken from a deep slumber. Lao Shan Lung was the mightiest of all mighty dragons. Larger than even the guild's main outpost, he seemed unstoppable. Armies rose up to combat the Lao Shan Lung, every last member of every last army failed. Miserably. Than one hero rose up, wielding the legendary weapon, the Epitaph Blade. He alone saved the world from the terror of Lao Shan Lung. Soon thereafter, the hero disappeared. No one knows who he was, where he came from, or the origins of his blade."

Hundreds of years have passed, and new breeds of dragons are surfacing in previously uncharted areas. One of which is the Amethos - A Purple and Golden Dragon - and the Psychios, whose origins and powers are still unknown, for none have faced this dragon and lived to tell the tale. The story begins as we follow the path of Ryu Saiashi, an aspiring hunter climbing through the guild's ranks.

Explanation of a few things:

The basic Mechanics of Monster Hunter games:
Basically, the flow of Monster Hunter is capture or kill monsters, collect materials from them, make new weapons and armor, face stronger monsters, make better weapons and monsters, hunt stronger monsters . . .
BUT, we're actually going to make a STORY. The end of the story will be fighting the legendary -revived- Lao Shan Lung.

Differences Between the Games and This RP:
1.) There will be an actual story
2.) When we kill things, we have the choice to take them to the village or carve them ourselves.
3.) Monsters are not as specific to area as they are in the games. If a Wyvern sees us, it WILL hunt us down,

Profile Skeleton:
Name:
Personality: (Optional)
Bio: (Optional)
Hunter Class: (HR / Blademaster or Gunner)
Weapon(s): (Class(es) and Weapon Name(s) NOTE: WILL CHANGE THROUGHOUT RP)
Armor: (Monster Type that Made it NOTE: WILL CHANGE THROUGHOUT RP)

My Character:
Name: Ryu Saiashi
Appearance: Ryu's skin has a dark tone, and he has black, medium-length hair and brown eyes.
Personality: To be revealed
Bio: To be revealed
Hunter Class: HR 1 Blade Master
Weapons: Great Sword: Red Stripe and Gunlance: Hellsting
Armor: Bullfango Mask, Hermitaur Mail, Hermitaur Greaves, Ratalos Tasset, Giaprey Greaves.
Well, I hope this is enough to get something started . . .

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: ~Recuriting~ Revival of Lao Shan Lung ~A Monster Hunter RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:42 pm

I've never played this game so go easy, 'kay? ^^;;

[center]Name: Lala Xhang
Appearance: Female. Cropped, naturally blonde hair with a side parting and lots of layers. Grey eyes with small pupils. Pale skin and lips, a pixie face. A small frame, hardly any curve on her, but very fast and quite strong, though not very good at defense. Not Asian, but adopted when she found in a basket by a river and raised as one.
Personality: Kind-hearted, consider, caring, animal/child loving, friendly, polite, shy, quiet, intelligent, good at scouting/navigating, likes to read and gain more knowledge,
Bio: Found in a basket as a baby on a river bank and was riased by an Asian family. Her village suffered from many monster attacks and many of the men had travelled to the bigger towns to get better paid jobs. Lala pretended to be a boy and learnt to be a Gunner from an old master, who was shocked but accepting when he found out his apprentice was a girl. Lala defends her village with good tatics and usally from a longer range then most warriors.
Hunter Class: HR 1 (?) Gunner
Weapon(s): Twin Handguns: Dragonfly Sisters (Made them up, no idea if they exist ^^;;)
Armor: Note;; Can I use a link to a picutre instead? Like I said, I'm not familar with the games so... ^^;; Here is the link anyway. Link;; http://lone-momo.deviantart.com/art/Lazuli-111626258 Lets call it the 'Desert Nymph Collection' ^^;;
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

ReiRyuusei wrote:I've never played this game so go easy, 'kay? ^^;;

[center]Name: Lala Xhang
Appearance: Female. Cropped, naturally blonde hair with a side parting and lots of layers. Grey eyes with small pupils. Pale skin and lips, a pixie face. A small frame, hardly any curve on her, but very fast and quite strong, though not very good at defense. Not Asian, but adopted when she found in a basket by a river and raised as one.
Personality: Kind-hearted, consider, caring, animal/child loving, friendly, polite, shy, quiet, intelligent, good at scouting/navigating, likes to read and gain more knowledge,
Bio: Found in a basket as a baby on a river bank and was riased by an Asian family. Her village suffered from many monster attacks and many of the men had travelled to the bigger towns to get better paid jobs. Lala pretended to be a boy and learnt to be a Gunner from an old master, who was shocked but accepting when he found out his apprentice was a girl. Lala defends her village with good tatics and usally from a longer range then most warriors.
Hunter Class: HR 1 (?) Gunner
Weapon(s): Twin Handguns: Dragonfly Sisters (Made them up, no idea if they exist ^^;;)
Armor: Note;; Can I use a link to a picutre instead? Like I said, I'm not familar with the games so... ^^;; Here is the link anyway. Link;; http://lone-momo.deviantart.com/art/Lazuli-111626258 Lets call it the 'Desert Nymph Collection' ^^;;

A little improvisation never hurt :)

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:56 pm

^^;; I'm glad it's okay with you *thumbs up*

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Now we just need more people to join ;3

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Name: Kylan Morrow
Appearance: http://castersage.deviantart.com/art/moon2-112820394
Personality comes out in story.
Bio: comes out in story
Hunter Class: Healer, caster(wind light)
Weapon(s): http://www.magickrose.co.uk/images/NOW0 ... 20book.jpg (simple spell book)
Armor: http://castersage.deviantart.com/art/Moon-112820305 (i made this =])

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!