Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Hotsy Totsy Twenties

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Hotsy Totsy Twenties

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Fiona was silent for a moment, then lightly wrapped her arms around Remy, allowing him to lean against her and stroking his hair. She inhaled deeply, then emit a soft sigh. "I'm sure that..."

She took another moment to consider what to say, then placed a light kiss on his brow. "You beat him five times to next Sunday! And how. After that, I'd hate to see what would happen to the bear if you ever did go chasing after one. I'll bet that if Fiona were here...she'd be mighty grateful for you standing up for her. But if you're not careful...folks are going to start thinking you were...in love with her, or something...and that could be mighty dangerous, for your career and all..."

And she cleared her throat softly. She felt her heartbeat quicken, and a slight blush rise in her cheeks. She continued. "Still...if Fiona had been in there, she probably would have torn that piker to pieces, and then maybe set him on fire, or something. Cheating in a fight like that...what a blue nosed putz. What are the requirements for being a cop, these days? A name and the ability to pee straight? Tch..."

The cab was approaching the exit of the city, the Big Apple of Fiona's eye. She watched as the last building came closer and closer. What would happen after this? She felt her free hand lift to lightly touch at the scar above her eye, one of the remnants from her near-death adventure. She would have to think of a good cover story for it. Maybe she got it when she was a kid, playing full contact kick-the-can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:33 pm

"I don't care if it endangers moi or not... I practically entered da lions den as it is... it can't hurt to say I loved her." Remy held his mignonette proudly, leaning on her, and trying not to get blood in her hair. " I'll hav' ta face quite som' charges for dis one... I t'ink da judge will let moi off with a small fine, or medical bill payment... somet'in' like dat.." Finally feeling the full damage of his blow to the head, he laid down, resting his head on her stomach. He rubbed his own head and grinned. "Remind moi ta throw away all da paper weights in da office..." His eyes closed, and he littled to the hum of the engine as the car kept driving.

It had been a long two weeks in New York, but Remy was happy that he was going back to the country side, southern or not... although a trip back home would have been nice, mostly for his families brewing recipes. .. I should hav' taken one with moi when I left home..
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Fiona's cheeks warmed slightly, and her mouth curved into a slow smile. She held Remy's head, lightly rubbing at his back as they left her home and headed into completely unchartered territory. For her, anyway. Keeping her eyes on the cabbie, being sure he wasn't looking or listening, she leaned down and whispered in the Cajun's ear as they sped up into the highway in her regular Irish accent, "I love you, too, you crazy dick."

The drive lasted for a few reasonably pleasant hours. Fiona had once spent a few days hiding up in a locker, waiting for the fuzz to settle down after one of her ballsier capers. So it took quite a lot to make her uncomfortable. But as the cab slowed down, she looked around at their new surroundings. The air tasted strange, the sky was ridiculously open with no buildings or smoke to block it, and the sun seemed so much brighter. Very different from the city. She almost didn't want to get out of the car...but reluctantly did so, and entered the rather awkward openness that Rachel Weathersby was supposed to originate from. She rubbed her arm as she gazed around at the wide spaces surrounding them...trees, grass, dirt, all manner of things that she simply wasn't used to seeing in this quantity. But since she was fleeing for her life, or something like that, she really shouldn't be complaining.

"This...this is nice..." She said half-heartedly as she continued to look around like a penguin tossed into the desert.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Remy pulled the last of their supplies out of the cab, paid the man, and sent him on his way. "I know, isn't it great." He was ready to go find a lake or a pond to swim in, something he hadn't done since he came to New England. "I know it's not much Rach, but it's better dan gettin' shot in da head... an' if you don't like dis, you're gonna hate visitin' ma familie..." Picking up the food and her suit case, Remy began hauling things into the cabin he had rented out. " At least we're not usin' tents..."

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:06 am

Fiona's mouth pulled into a light smile as she imagined the rabble that could have raised a son like Remy. Probably drunk, each and every one of them. Rowdy, too, in every way imaginable. And, as Cajun as Remy was in the midst of the city, his parents were probably more Cajun than you could shake a stick at. Which you wouldn't want to do in the first place, of course, because they'd probably sick an alligator on you for you insolence. In short, Fiona's kind of people. She would enjoy meeting the elder Bruyeres. Even if the smotheringly clean air she met them in was disturbing. Chuckling, she hurried to catch up with Remy, getting the door open for him (since he might have been insulted at her taking back her suitcase).

"Well, when you put it like that...all this nature stuff is rather ducky. And actually, I think that meeting your fam-damly would be the cat's pajamas. At least...a lot more fun for me than it would be for you to meet my Da. Or any of my other relatives, for that matter. Besides, then we could tell them about our plans for June." It was strange, thinking that she was going to be staying in a place that you didn't have to crank your neck back to see the top of. She had stayed in far worse places overnight, but it was still strange.

As she entered the cabin, she tugged absent-mindedly at a strange of blond hair, her eyes roving about the modest contents of the place with a sort of cautious approval. "Well, it's...it's not the Ritz, but it ain't half bad, Remy. Especially with us not being shot in the head and all."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabry on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55 pm

((I was wondering if you guys had room for a new character. I've been looking for some 1920's era RP and I'd like to join you guys if possible. :) )

Sabry
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:05 pm

(YEs.... WE NEED PLAYERS.... but to take care of you, talk to Jadeling_Hawkins about joining... she'll set you up.)

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:22 pm

((yes, you can join, and your character is accepted ^^ But just so you know, we DO have an OOC thread where I would prefer you and everyone else to put their OOC posts))

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm

"I'm sure dat a Bruyere family reunion would be fun for you, but I see some t'in's dat might be a little much ta take in at once..." Remy thought about his brothers and sisters all together again, all drinking on the porch. His mind switched to a fight between one of his sisters and Fiona... which he knew would happen if they ever met. And of course the family would all gather around to laugh and possibly bet. "Yep.. da fun times.."

Remy drooped all he was carrying in the center of the cabin, from there it could all be sorted out. " Yeah, I'll take dis over six feet under any day. It's not da only place to be around here. The woods are full on beautiful sights, an' da river isn't too far away.." He grinned a laid down on the couch in the room to relax a while.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Fiona's mouth slipped into a light smile, and she made a valiant effort to ease the tension in her shoulders that always came when she was uncomfortable with something. Usually when she was doing something new. Stepping over to the couch, she lifted Remy's feet and sat down, allowing his feet to rest on her lap and leaning back as she attempted to adjust herself to the situation. Lightly drumming her fingers on the arm of the couch, she shot Remy a sidelong look.

"So...how many are in your family, anyhow? I've got a slew of cousins, but I've run plum out of siblings and my direct family is down to me and Da. It's very boring. Cajuns always have big families, right? Are you...oldest? Youngest? No...you strike me as someone somewhere in the middle." She grinned, imagining a young Remy, flask in his hand, with six siblings on either side of him in some family portrait out in the sticks.

"I was the youngest," She added as an after thought. It seemed rude to ask and not to offer a little information herself. "One brother, one sister."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

"Well, I hav' Pa, Ma, three brothers, an' five sisters... an' I'm the oldest boy... keepin' da rest outta trouble... well, I use to... my sister has taken my place as sibling protector... you might like her da most out o' da group... an'
my Ma will most likely constrict you in a blanket of love..." Things like this were nice to think about in Remy's opinion. He reached into his pocket, pulling out his normal flask. He sipped from it... or gulped.. and tossed ot to Fiona. "In a short time, we'll be down dere eventually... eatin' grits an' gator..." He had his normal grin, and he was relaxed enough to just stay there and sleep. "*yawn*... it's great to be back in a cabin instead of dat damp, messy room..."

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Fiona grinned to herself, imagining the slew of Bruyere children gnawing on a roasted 'gator.' Then, she imagined her actually meeting them all. Still grinning, she shifted position, settling down next to Remy and closing her eyes as she relaxed. It really wasn't that bad out here. Given enough time, she could probably even grow to enjoy it as much as Remy did. Maybe.

"So, is that how many kids you want from me, then?" She asked, voice teasing and eyes still closed. "And...just so you know...I don't know how to cook, much less catch, 'gators.' So your Ma will probably have to learn me in the proper gator preparing technique."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:43 pm

" I'll take as many kids as you're willin' birth... an' it's okay if you can't cook, I'm good enough at it to cook for you.." Remy put his around his mignonette, enjoying the short time that this vacation was. " Plus, I'd say after a day of watchin' after little Bruyeres an' Muirenns, you'd need a break..." Thinking of how he acted as a child, and imagining how a young Fiona acted, he had a mixture of a grin and a twitching eyebrow. These kids would be a hand full from the second they were born.

"Well, I t'ink dat I'm gonna take a nap, it's just too comfortable to get up... later on, I'll go cut the firewood fro da stove."

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:30 pm

"Hm...a whole slew of Remy Juniors and Mini Fionas...let's hope to God that they take after their Da." Though she didn't normally imagine such things, Fiona flashed a rather wicked grin as she considered the kind children that she would rear. Daughters that beat the stuffing out of boys and sons that were habitual skirt chasers, and each and every one of them with a constant blood-alcohol rating of seventy five percent. Remy would never get a solid night's sleep again. But speaking of sleep...

"Sounds like a great idea. Wake me up when we actually need to accomplish something, will you, love?" She adjusted her head's position into the crook of his neck, closed her eyes...and was almost instantly asleep. Part of her job was being able to run on a highly irregular sleep schedule. So she had somehow learned to fall asleep nearly at will.

When she woke up, Fiona lifted her head and yawned softly, bringing one hand up to rub at her face until the sleep was gone from it. Fast asleep, fast awake. She allowed herself a moment to admire Remy's sleeping features, a slow smile spreading across her face as she gingerly touched his. That highly unusual warm feeling spread through her chest, and as she eased to her feet she moved carefully in an effort not to wake him. It wasn't quite dark yet, but there were all sorts of strange...noises. Chirps and whistles and creaks that came from the great outdoors and were entirely different from the sirens and honks and wails that she was used to.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm

" *Hugh loud yawn* " When it was getting close to dark, and the familiar sounds of animals having a party entered the cabin, Remy woke from his nap. He stretched out his entire body, sending his arms and legs in the air. " *bigger yawn* Dat was a good rest... nice, warm, an' renewing. Well, as I promised, I'll go get da wood, Cherie." Remy jumped off of the couch, stood straight, stretched once more, and began searching for his ax.

Out he went, picking the closest/ smallest trees near by, taking them down with two to four swings at them with his ax. When on the ground, he began to cut them to the size of the stove, and stripping them of twigs and unneeded branches. However, he wasn't quite as careful as he thought throughout this process. When he sent his ax into the bottom of the next tree, it fell towards him, and landed on his shoulder. "YEOWW.." He let out a scream that could have penetrated the forest, even though it wasn't that big of a tree. It was more the feeling of a sharpened twig piercing his shoulder. "Sonofabitch!"

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 am

When Remy had gone off to chop wood, Fiona had set up pulling together their belongings and setting them around as best she could to make things 'homier.' She nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Remy's shout. In a flash, she had the gun strapped to her leg in her hand and she bolted out the door, standing at the ready with gun raised and eyes narrowed as she scanned the area for any danger. Seeing none, she frowned and looked to Remy. Her eyes popped open when she saw his predicament, and she raced over to assist him. 'Race,' of course, might have been a bit of an unnecessary embellishment to her speed...she wasn't used to running on anything other than cement and pavement. But she made it to his side, and then really was unsure what to do. She dropped to her knees next to him, biting her lip as she hesitantly placed her hands on the tree. Her gun lay on the ground next to her.

"Hold on, cherie, I'm going to pull this up," She said with some obvious nerves, bracing herself for the pull. Gritting her teeth slightly, she heaved upwards, grimacing as she felt a slight tug from where something had apparently caught in his shoulder. She shifted a few steps away, dropped the thing back on the ground and then returning to a crouch next to him. "Remy? Remy? Are you alright?!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:11 pm

"Ow.... Yeah, I'm alright... I've jus' never seen anyt'in' like dis happen." Remy put his hand over his shoulder. Indeed it was something rare to happen to him, especially when he thought he had seen everything. "I t'ink I got enough wood to cook for da night..." With a wince of pain, he pushed himself of the ground with his currently bad right arm. He even tried to go on like nothing happened.

"It'll be fine soon enough... What're ya cravin' for,I'll hav' it made as soon as I get dis stack i-ow.. " Remy tried to grab a bundle of the wood, which he got some of them, but the rest fell out of his arms. He grinned and gave up up on trying to tough. " Haha... Maybe I'll need a little help... an' som' cash for a painkiller..."

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Fiona sighed, brushing bits of wood from her knees as she watched Remy attempt to play off his obviously uncomfortable...bloody...injury. She moved over to him, taking his hand off the spot and frowning as she examined his wound. "Maybe you should stop doing favors for me. Seems like every time you do something with me involved, you get hurt in some way." She said with her voice laced with sarcasm. And she led him back towards the cabin, thinking about what she had in her baggage to clean and wrap a puncture wound. Then, thinking on her previous words, she shot him a cheeky wink. "Horsefeathers, I bet that come June you'll trip down the aisle and break your collar bone. Or get your nose broken in a fist fight with a drunken guest."

Setting him on the couch to rest, she started going through her belongings to find a wrap, or a patch, or something. She spoke to him while she went about her work. "So...there are really nine Bruyeres in your generation? I can't even imagine the kind of woman your Mam must be, raising all those crazy little ones. And your Da, he must be a regular moonshiner." She grinned at him as she sat on her knees in front of him, unwrapping the patch she had found with her teeth and nodding to his shoulder. "I'm going to need to see that, chou chou."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Remy was helped in by his love, and moved to the couch after he dropped his load of wood. "Merci ma Cherie..." He laid down on the sofa, listening to what she was saying about his family. She was mostly right about his father, but he figured only seeing him could describe who he was. She finally came over, asking him to reveal his wound. He unbuttoned his shirt, whipped the blood with it, and tossed it to the floor. "I'm sure you'll hav' a lot o' fun with ma mere... an' she can teach you how to discipline Bruyere children..."

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:28 am

Fiona nodded, smiling at Remy's words as she examined his wound. In one swift move, she grasped his flask and flicked a bit of his own alcohol on the bloody spot. Then, she placed the patch firmly over it. "I'd be grateful for the tips...though really, of the two of us...aren't you the one that makes a living out of discipline?" She shot him a teasing grin, then kissed him quickly. What an odd pair they made, really...a mobster and a detective. Troublemaker and rule enforcer. The slew of Cajun children they would have would surely be hell raisers. Ruffling his hair, she stood and moved to shove a few pieces of wood into the fireplace.

"What would you like for dinner, mon cher?" She asked as the fire flicked into life. "You go ahead and rest, I'll fix everything up."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!