Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Awaiting Dawn

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Awaiting Dawn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry I didn't mention this before, but James still retains his English accent, albiet a soft one)

James shook Nate's hand, then Dylans. 'I'm James,' he said, 'James Smythe.' He looked at Nate, feeling mixed emotions -- empathy, shame, and hurt all at once. '...You think I'm a rich brat, don't you?'

There was nothing accusing in his tone. Nothing in his voice or posture said "You a******, why would you think that?!" He simply looked up at Nate innocently, with those same expressions on his face, waiting for an answer.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akishra
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:11 am

Looking to Dylan after she had introduced herself, Nate spoke.

"So you'll stay? That's just great." His voice gave off a tone of sarcasm, this was unintentional.

A little smirk, very slight, though notable nonetheless, crossed Nate's lips. James's accent amused him. The smirk was not only for his accent, but went along with the boy's statement. Could he really be "that" observant? And if he was, then he would probably know why Nate was smirking at the moment. The smirk quickly fell from his face, replaced with a look of perplexity. His eyebrows furrowed, though not angrily, and his head turned to the side some, but Nate was still looking at James.

"Now why would you think that?'
Tell me a story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:42 pm

James' expression couldn't help but fall a little. '...Because everyone does.'

James felt a little envious. It was true -- everyone did think that about him. And he had hoped that the pattern would break here.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:02 pm

Dylan grinned at Nate's statement, "Why yes, I do plan on staying. Sorry to be such an inconvenience to you." she turned to James, ignoring Nate a bit. "And I don't think you're a rich brat. The only thing I know about you is your name...and you lived in England. You can probably tell I'm from England as well."

She knew that living with males would be much more interesting than living with other females. She didn't get along very well with other girls, and tended to become friends with males first and foremost. So, rather than tell the higher-ups about their obvious mistake, she chose to go along with it. Besides, they wouldn't force her to switch rooms, not considering who her father was. She hated using his name to get things, but if it came to that, she would. That's how she was able to get the male uniform, and it was definitely worth it.

Her head remained focused on James, but she shifted it, as if to point in Nate's direction, "Besides, who cares what he thinks?"
Mosh pit.
Well-concealed tazer.
Hours of endless entertainment.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:26 pm

James smiled at Dylan, and bowed his head slighly. '...I'm glad,' he said. 'You're unassuming -- that's a good quality.' He looked at the two of them collectively. 'I may do things that inconvenience you, and I'm sorry for them. One thing you'll have to do is help me in and out of bed every day -- that's why they put me in here. And if I do anything that comes off as brattish, please tell me, and I'll try to stop. Most likely, a good deal of it was my upbringing.' He leaned back in his chair, sighing. 'That being said...' he looked at Dylan. 'Forgive me if it's not my place, but isn't "Dylan" a boy's name?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Dylan nodded when James listed what need be done. "I've got no problems helping you out. I may not look it, but I'm strong enough to lift you up." she flexed her muscles jokingly. "And it won't be no inconvenience either, got it?"

As he sighed and asked of her name, Dylan laughed and patted him on the shoulder. "I like you!" she sat down on the bed nearest to them. "Yes, Dylan is a boy's name; it's also a girl's name. Unisex, I suppose. Though in all my life I've yet to meet another girl named Dylan, but oh well. I might someday. But I did meet a girl named Michael before, she was fun."

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:47 pm

James smiled at her -- he liked this girl. He wondered why she said she was strong; she certainly looked more then capeable of helping him out.

'Alright then,' he said. 'Hm..."Michael" for a girl...That's a new one,' he smiled at her. Not meaning to imply anything, he commented, 'I wonder if she was as fun to talk to as you are...?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 am

Nate looked over to Dylan before responding to James, Oh my, no inconvenience at all. Again, a sarcastic tone stuck in his voice; unintentional as it was, Nate picked up on it this time, but made no move to apologize, just looking back to James.

"Well," Nathan said, a pensive countenance on his face "I guess this can be a learning experience for you."

He assumed Dylan and James were wondering where this was going. A curious smile crept back onto Nate's face after Dylan asked who cared about his thoughts. It took no expert to hear the tinge of derision in her voice as she spoke. Nathan picked up on it, but opted to ignore it for the time being.

What James voiced was probably true, it certainly was in Nate's case, that certainly was his impression of the boy, and as far as he was concerned, he had every reason to think that. He crossed his rather large arms across his bulging chest, enjoying the feeling of superiority it gave him, still looking and smiling down at James.

"I ain't everyone, but you know...I'm glad you -are- assuming. It's fun to deal with." he winked. So if we're all done attacking little ol' Nate, how about we explore this place, while we still have a few moments of grace?

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:08 am

James looked up at Nate. 'I'm not mearly assuming...you're body language and actions, even now, are showing quite clearly. And...Sorry if we're attacking you. I'm not trying to. I just...Don't have a lot of experience with people.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Dylan looked at James as he apologized to Nate, "It's alright, you don't need to apologize. Not everyone was born with the same 'social graces' as Nate." she smirked.

Realizing she still sat on the bed, she hopped up and walked to the door. "So, exploration sounds like a good idea. I'm all for it, how 'bout you two?" She paused, gazing at Nate and furrowing her brow a bit, "Unless you'd rather explore on your own, without us inconveniencing you?"

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:03 pm

James looked at her as she commented about social grace. 'It...was more through how I was raised...' he said, not knowing why it mattered so much that he correct her, but following after her so they could talk easier. He silently agreed to explore with her, which he indicated by stopping beside her, and looking back at Nate.

'Nate...would you like to come?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadowmancer on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm

OOC: I'll post as soon as sherubii posts. If sherubii doesn't post within the next day. I'll go ahead and do some exploring to meet up with the rest of you.
"Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe."

-Winston Churchill

Shadowmancer
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:10 pm

(OOC: Alright then)

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 am

In the silence, Nate gave James a few moments of a blank stare, then looked to Dylan as she walked by him, an expression of utter cluelessness plastered to his face. In the moments of silence that preceded the comments of his two room mates the low buzz of a ventilation system began humming. A light breeze began to blow against his bald head from above. He exhaled a light breath from his nose.

Nate uncrossed his arms and brought his right hand behind his head and scratched it. The clueless expression changing to one of perplexity. He looked at the ground as thoughts raced through his head. It was a difficult decision for the young man, reply or not? Things like this is what caused him to cut his hair in the first place. Gray ones had begun to appear.

Rather than replying, Nate decided to leave the room, cutting off Dylan, so he would leave first.

"Would I like to come..." he said with mock derision in his own voice. He turned his head as far as he could, which was almost sideways, observing the two through his peripherals. Jokingly he resumed "wasn't this -my- idea?" speaking and then turning down the hallways, expecting the duo to follow.

Din
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

James paused in the doorway, not sure how to react. That was only half the reason he stopped, though; by cutting him off, he had nearly wheeled right into Nate. The force of stopping caused the wheelchair to jerk suddenly, and he gripped the wheels, his heart racing. He looked at Dylan, questioningly, wondering what to do.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Dylan sighed, glancing back and forth from Nate to James. Seeing the look on James' face, she replied to Nate's comment. "Yes it was your idea, but you seem...hostile. Like you're really unhappy to have us with you." She was never afraid to stand up for herself, or others, and she felt that Nate was having issues being around people.

Dylan headed out the door, passing Nate to stand before him. She held her arms out to each side, blocking his way, and she stared at him. Knowing she looked insane, she didn't seem to care. Her arms didn't falter, and she knew she could keep them up for as long as she needed. She smiled warmly, in contrast to her current opposing stature. "Nate, I don't know you, you don't know me. We all just met, we're all strangers...but we're gonna need to get along. So before we go on this tour of the school, tell me one honest thing about yourself...just one. We need to get off to a good start. If you tell me that one honest thing, I'll answer any question you have for me."

Pausing for a moment, she thought to herself, He probably doesn't give a crap about me, I doubt he has anything he wants to ask...but he's so anti-social or something.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:04 pm

James thought that sounded like a good idea. "Tell me one honest thing about yourself." It was a really good idea.

He also felt rather pleased as he watched Dylan up there. She could stand up for herself. He couldn't. He wished he could. He really admired her.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Nate cocked his eyebrow at Dylan, who threw herself in front of him, blocking his path. He looked around at the other people in the hallway who looked at her, then turned back to the girl with a slight grin on his face. Was this some kind of joke? Such theatrics would only succeed in making her look stupid. Nate cleared his throat and took a few steps closer to Dylan, standing only about 5 inches from her.

"One truth...okay."

A breath escaped his nostrils. He leaned forward closer to the girl, of course not directly in front of her, he moved his head to the side of hers, so that the sides of their heads were beside each other. "Then truthfully," he paused, his eyes looking about the hallway. "truthfully, I think you should put that hat back on, before people start thinking there's some weird circus freak show going on in our room."

He turned around to face James and motioned for him to come.

"Come on, let's go." He said, impatiently.

Din
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm

James' lips parted slightly in suprise as he heard Nate's reply -- it seemed pretty rude to him. He wasn't sure how Dylan would react, and looked at her, trying to get a clue as to how to react to this.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm

Dylan smirked back at Nate, not even flinching. "Fine, if you choose to be an ass, I choose to no longer try to get to know you. There's no use in being nice to someone who can't seem to take the stick out of his butt."

She gazed around at the other people in the hallway. For as many people who were looking at her, just as many were staring at him; if not more. "And I'd be worried about my own peanut gallery if I were you, they don't seem to be interested in me much."

James seemed at a loss for words, so Dylan spoke to him, "This drama is so uncalled for, don't you think?" she paused, looking out toward the school, "A trip around the school sounds all the more tempting now. Let's go, ok?"

((OOC: Is there any specific reason your character is being so rude to mine? I'm not sure I understand his motivation lol.))

waterychan
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!