Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chase the rainbows in my mind[Runaway RP]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Chase the rainbows in my mind[Runaway RP]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 am

Violet felt uneasy; as she did when somebody was looking at her. She looked around; but the only people near were the two girls and then a boy on the pavement. He also looked like a runaway. Possibly one of the group that had woken her up last night? She shrugged in thought. Didn't matter anyway. Violet watched him for a few more moments; he seemed to be hesitating about something. Maybe he wanted to talk to the girls on the bench? Maybe he knew one of them. Violet shook her head, smiling ever so slightly. It wasn't doing her brain any good to be asking so many questions so early. She went over to a nearby fountain' splashing her face with some water to wake her up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:34 am

Nikki looked at the girl," Well, I'm running away. Don't tell anybody, I don't want to go back to my dad." She smiled slightly and threw the empty bag of cookies away in a nearby trashcan. "And, can I ask what you are doing?" She nodded twards the girl.
So as long as there is a moon, Flowers will never die, and niether will us wolves. -Wolf's Rain
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:21 am

"Your not the only runaway in this town,"Terra said grinning,"And your not the only one who doesn't wanna go back to their dad."
Yeah I'm different and maybe I am a bitch but at least I'm a real girl who takes no ones bullshit.

I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone!(but it'd be nicer if you were with me)

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:08 pm

Jay's eyes snapped round, focusing in on the movement. The girl from under the tree had moved to the fountain and was splashing her face with water. Catching sight of his grubby hands, he realized that he too could do with a wash, especially as his face must look just as filthy as the skin of his palms which he was now scrutinizing. Much of the dirt seemed to be firmly ingrained, but surely some water would make him look even slightly healthier, and that was better than nothing.

Hesitantly, he approached the fountain.

He and the girl were on opposite sides, but as the fountain was so small, this didn't matter. He splashed some freezing liquid over his face, his body jolting with the shock of the cold. He was used to icy conditions now, though - you had to be when you lived on the streets. Spray from the fountain nipped at his arms and he flinched slightly, but he didn't back away. Instead, he plunged his whole head into the freezing water, growing impatient with the slow progress he was making by just rinsing it with wet hands. That seemed to be achieving nothing but spreading the dirt around. Perhaps this would help.

The shock to his face was such that he involuntarily let most of his oxygen escape immediately as he gasped; this introduced water into his system. Coughing and spluttering, he scrubbed his hands through his hair and emerged from the water, looking slightly cleaner and very cold. He spat a mouthful of water onto the pavement and then shook his head, spraying water everywhere as his droplets flew from his hair.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Violet splashed her face, the cold water sending shivers through her system. Though she really hated the feel of the freezing liquid, it certainly did wake her up. shaking the water off her hands, she turned towards the person who had walked up - she hadn't noticed him till now, which surprised her. Usually she wasn't so easy to sneak up on. Violet raised an eyebrow as he began to cough and splutter, "Hey, are you alright?" she asked in a monotone voice, before getting sprayed in tiny water droplets.

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Jay looked up quickly, icy water running into his eyes and down the back of his neck from his hair. "I'm okay," he replied guardedly. "Sorry about - about the water." He indicated the droplets that he had showered all over her. "I'm Jay," he added slowly.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Violet let out a small grunt, hating the feel of the cold water. "'s alright." she replied, turning her bright eyes on Jay, "Pleasure to meet you Jay. I'm Violet." she spoke very formally and with complete lack of emotion. She offered a hand to shake, despite how dirty Jay's looked. "You're a runaway too?" Violet said bluntly, though it was more of a statement then a question.

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Terra had heard the comossion going on my fountain and had turned to look.Two people a boy and a girl,both looking like a couple more runaways,were there washing in the freezing water.She'd never noticed just how many runaways there were in this city.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Jay took the offered hand and shook it almost warily. "Yes, I'm a runaway too," he replied, his gaze dropping as he said this. "I've been sleeping rough for weeks - months." Suddenly, he stiffened, his acute senses picking up on eyes boring into his back.

"Someone's looking at us," he said quietly, turning his head marginally to see. It was one of girls from the bench. She looked like someone who had been sleeping rough, too. Another runaway?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:01 pm

"I see." was all Violet replied, followed by "I know." as she turned to see the girl on the bench. She was now sideways on, so she could see both the girl and Jay. "Shall we go speak to her?" Violet asked, though didn't wait to see if he wanted to. She walked up to the girl, smiling politely, and sitting down on the armrest of the seat, as there wasn't enough room it seemed for her to sit down on the bench. "There have certainly been alot of us recently, haven't there?" Violet mentioned, to no-one in paticular.

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Terra looked at the girl,"Yeah there has.I already know six,not including myself,"She scanned the girl over,didn't seem dangerouse but it was good to be on her gaurd.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Jay followed half-reluctantly, standing guardedly to the side of the bench. He looked the girls on the bench over quickly; they didn't seem to be an immediate threat. "I'm Jay," he said grudgingly.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Violet snorted. "Yea. A big bunch of them kept me up last night." She gave a slight chuckle at this, looking up at the sky above. "Oh, Don't worry." she said casually, "Me and Jay aren't bad people. What a world we live in; when you can no longer trust a fellow human being." She looked down again, regarding the three runaways, in thought. "But then, I suppose we don't live in the same world as everyone else. At least it certainly doesn't feel like it."

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Hunter looked around, unsure what his next move would be.

OOC: I'm in some bloke's like...house or something? Wait I'm confused someone fill me in.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:00 am

Jay shook his head in agreement. "It doesn't feel like it at all. Seems weird that there are still people who live in nice houses and watch TV and stuff..." His voice broke off; he wasn't used to saying so much and found it odd to continue. Instead, he examined his still-grimy-but-cleaner-than-before hands, the pale skin now visible through the muck.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celestial Pancakes on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 am

OOC: We're all in the park at the moment. The house could be nearby?

Violet nodded slowly. "Ah, I can barely remember the last time I sat lounging on a sofa, flicking through the channels because I couldn't find anything to watch." she gave a nostalgic sigh, reminiscing in more happier memories. "But then again, it is not like we do not have reasons for living like we are. Or, rather, its not like we had a choice, for most of us." Violet stood up, stretching. "I think its time for a free breakfast..." she mumbled to herself abscentmindedly. She turned to look at the group, "how many of you have eaten today?"

Celestial Pancakes
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Estelle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:49 am

ooc: hunter, yeah, you are in a house with brian because he broke into it.
THE GREATEST PLEASURE IN LIFE IS DOING WHAT PEOPLE SAY YOU CANNOT DO.

Estelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:50 am

"I haven't eaten in..." - Jay screwed up his face - "two days now. I had some food the day before that 'cause I nicked it from a shop down east. But I didn't want to risk it again."

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:08 pm

"Ate this morning.If you guys wanna eat I have some food,"Terra said pulling out a couple of sandwiches.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Jay tried to stop himself from tearing the sandwiches out of her hand and cramming them all into his starving mouth; it took a lot of effort. He had eaten that stolen food two days ago, but he hadn't eaten properly in weeks. It had just been bits here and there which were days apart. The last time he had eaten a real meal was a month ago, when out of desperation he had filched a man's wallet and helped himself to some food in a small cafe, sitting in an inconspicuous corner whilst disapproving adults and store proprietors cast him filthy looks for daring to be small, skinny and grimy.

Pushing these thoughts away, he held out a half-trembling hand and said, "yes please" to the offer of the sandwich. He waited to be handed it before biting into it; it tasted like heaven for a mouth and stomach which were used only to stolen sweets, (the easiest things to pick-pocket), or the occasional pieces of fruit.

"Thank you," he said finally, having eaten the sandwich at top speed. It did not entirely fill the gaping, growling hole of clammering hunger in his stomach, but it did take the edge off slightly. He needed a drink now; flecks of water from fountains did not suffice when his mouth tasted bitter and sticky from the lack of proper drinks. He did not complain, however; these people were also homeless and knew what it felt like to be downtrodden, needy and abandoned. Instead, he tentatively sat himself down beside the bench and examined his frayed shoelaces, attempting to carefully retie them without making them snap.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!