Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blurry Line [IC]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Blurry Line [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Candy giggled at Savage’s greeting, which was a lot more polite than she had expected. He looked rushed and more than not people chose to be rude to her, what was a whore to them anyways? She gave him a large grin once more and tried to note it in her mind to meet with him one time. She wanted to know more about him, perhaps find out a few different things about him. He did seem rather interesting too in her perspective. “And neither have you, you look just as I remember you.” She added more innuendo in her voice this time, making it sound more appropriate to how she was dressed. “I’ve never understood how some people enjoy Pomegranate juice, I really don’t enjoy it at all. Perhaps an acquired taste or merely just something you’re born with?” She commented as she watched him fold the apron and tuck it under his armpit. She found herself captivated by his hands, there was something in his movements that seemed calculated and quite tidy. She doubted that this man made much mistakes, ever.

She peeked her attention back to Beloved once more, curious about the young woman. What was it about her that made Candy believe that there was something wrong with her? Her notions didn’t carry far because she felt a cold hand close around her wrists. She felt a chill run down her spine and she looked up and saw that it was only Savage. She doubted that it was his real name but it was the one he gave her at the Whorehouse. His hand was smooth and it felt like riverrock. His face leaned in and it was then when she shivered, she had remembered how he had been one of those people that enjoyed the biting. His touch didn’t last too long but when he let go her wrist still felt colder than the rest of her body. But she did agree with his opinion, Beloved looked nothing like a whore, although her name did sound like one. Although another small shock ripped through her system when he mentioned her getting hit by a car, she didn’t look like she got hit by a car. Shock lit up her face but she quickly smoothed it away, everyone was looking too neutral in this room for her liking. She felt the bed of her nails start secreting poison, just in case she would need it.

“Yes Virgil, I don’t really recognize her. Her name makes me think otherwise but no, I’ve never seen her in the Whore industry.” She smirked a little but it didn’t last long as the light flickered for a moment before going out completely. She felt Nerium poison start to secrete from her tongue as well as her lips and she hoped that the others would just put it off as lip gloss if she were lucky. The room looked creepy and she was honestly feeling quite uncomfortable. Candy did not like the darkness and though it was a fact that she did not enjoy to flaunt around, others knew of it simply by the way she acted in it. And she did not like it now even though the windows provided meager lighting. She backed up against the wall and tried to keep a whimper in, not wanting the others to necessarily realize. She felt her heart rate increase and she jumped when she head Virgil’s voice. She paid no attention as he started to tinker with Beloved, instead she tried to keep her eyes on the others, trying to track everyone at ones.

Candy closed her eyes and instead listened, trying to pretend that it wasn’t in the dark. But they flicked opened when she felt a bang and some whining coming from Beloved. She was attacking a water cooler and Candy once more got the notion that the poor girl was hungry, thirsty and did, in fact, need a nice shower to sort her thoughts. So instead of watching the girl try to work the machine she walked up, took one of the small paper cups and filled it with water. She passed the full cup to Beloved before turning her attention back to Virgil, glad the lights where back on once more. “Virgil, you know I love you but this poor girl did get hit by a car. Even though it’s quite a miracle she survived doesn’t she need like some food with sugar or something to make sure she doesn’t go into shock? Or maybe just a meal because she looks really hungry.” She commented before filling Beloved another glass of water and passed it to her. She didn’t know how thirsty the girl was but she filled her up a third and held it in her hand, waiting for Beloved to grab it. “And maybe a nice warm shower? A change of clothes? I dunno, let’s just get this poor girl something, maybe even some sleep. She can go sleep in one of the examination rooms, no?” She asked, feeling concern for the poor girl. She didn’t know her situation but she did know something was up with her.

Candy felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she frowned with irritation. She flipped her cell phone open and peeked at who it was from. She didn’t have to read who it was from, she just saw the familiar length and shape of the word and knew it was from Caramel. She grinned, it was rare she got a text from him. She opened it up and tried to read what was written. But after her previous distress from the darkness and with the girl she was in no mood to decipher the words. She flipped it back in her pocket, telling herself she would read it later, or attempt to at least.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rispetto on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:29 pm

"Know him? Who doesn't?" he replied, frowning at her wound. "You'd think the Doctor himself were the best whore at Yoebe's judging on how many people know him. And I can get you there, a lot faster than it would have taken if I hadn't had showed up. I was heading there anyway, we're going to check out my dad." Conduit stepped back for a moment, observing the area.

"This area has it's own power supply, I don't know how far it will run into town. Our safest bet would be to just travel through the main power lines. It'll be a bitch for you, based upon that wound. It'll be an even bigger bitch because of the way you'll have to travel with me. A hug of sorts, an embrace. It's easier to travel that way, and worth it in the long run." This last bit was, of course, absolute bullshit. But he may as well milk it for his own satisfaction. After that he fell silent, holding his arms out and waiting for her reply.

"Well?"
Last edited by Rispetto on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rispetto
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:21 pm

ImageSavage's carmine eyes lingered on Beloved for a few moments, before locking onto Virgil's. His lips curled softly, upturning into harsh dimples; it might've been a smile but it was always hard to tell with him. He simply shrugged his shoulders. He had no clue whom this Beloved lady was, nor where she'd come from, but her story might prove to be interesting if she could do more than mimic everyone like an austere parrot. And she'd come from the sky—he was positive of that, or else he might've been hallucinating. No, he was in his right mind. Somehow, she'd managed to completely nullify the vehicles momentum with her slender, tapered fingers and then, just as quickly, reverted to the mindset of a child. It was curious. Savage was confident that if anyone knew anything, it would be Virgil. He was a doctor, after all.

From the corners of his peculiar eyes, Savage was watching the clock's hands fall like sinking ships. His fingers drummed against his thigh, then dived deep into his pocket, whilst his free hand still held the stained apron. If anyone questioned the peculiar stains, he'd insist it was some kind of tawdry, irritating fruit stain. Pomegranates or grape juice; something like that would do. Only Virgil understood the severity of his problems. Only Virgil understood his insatiable appetites, and only he would keep his mouth shut. All psychologists had their own set of regulations regarding a patients privacy. Even if Virgil chose to tattle about his misadventures, Savage's abilities allowed him to disappear. Though his innate disgust for anything unclean, Savage wasn't below using the sewer systems to his advantage and if need be, could easily change vantage points if the authorities came sniffing about. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be. It was a necessity that he wasn't willing to give up.

Virgil had already begun to examine Beloved, advancing like a curious man who'd just discovered another race. And then, the building's lights flickered and Savage was left blinking through the darkness. It shifted like a strobe light before abruptly dying out. Thankfully, he didn't particularly mind. Though, he was wondering why Virgil had put it off so long. It was a common conversation whenever they had sessions, oft times where he'd just suggested finding a skilled electrician to fix it. He moved towards the window with calculated steps and pulled on the drawstring, widening the blade's so they faced parallel and allowed the remnants of dusky sunlight to filter into the small room.

When Savage slowly turned around, releasing his grip on the drawstring, he met Beloved's cheery gaze and blinked; once, twice, and then arched an enquiring eyebrow. His fingers rested above his heart for a moment, and then he smirked, riling up his dimples and high cheekbones. “Felix,” He simply stated, thumping his chest lightly and letting his hands fall back to his sides. His name always felt foreign on his tongue, as if it didn't quite belong to him. He'd been Savage for so long, Felix was a mysterious acquaintance that might've died ages ago. It still felt proper to utilize his birth name, given that his self-anointed title was so bestial. He still held the apron tightly, moving it towards his chest before decidedly setting it down on a nearby wooden table.

Savage's ruby gaze regarded Candy's strikingly vibrant hair for a moment. Beloved was definitely not a whore, or else Candy would've recognized her immediately. And it didn't seem like the English language was completely understood, or else she wouldn't be mimicking sentences as if they were suitable responses. Idly standing near the window, Savage slid his tongue over his pearly teeth and cleared his throat in his fist. Looming silhouettes were cast across the walls as the sun slid casually across the sky; the atmosphere and lighting did create an eerie effect, though he couldn't have been bothered to notice. Devoid of horror movies as a child, Savage wasn't fearful of anything in the night. Though, he noticed goose prickles feathering across Candy's arms and smiled softly, clicking his tongue. She'd already backed against the wall, which might've provided a little comfort but not enough to hide the soft whimper that escaped her lips. Savage's hearing was astute, as was his smell. A soft, lingering scent of sweetness caught his nostrils, but he couldn't quite pick out what it was.

“Ah,” Savage began, pressing his fingers to his lips. “Are you planning to adopt, Doctor?”
Last edited by Yonbibuns on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Virgil smiled as Beloved copied his actions it seemed that all she could manage to do was mimic others. Almost as if she is trying to learn the nonverbal language that had formed between humans over time. Then as the lights reappeared she immediately took notice of the water cooler that was within the office and in the blink of an eye she had gone from being in front of Virgil to standing in front of the machine and whining like a small child that didn’t have a quarter for a gumball machine. She seems to be much faster than the average human being. Yet her behaviour and intelligence is that of a child. She can’t even operate a simple lever to get water? Virgil knew that he couldn’t let this girl back out on to the streets alone and then it struck him. The words that Caramel had spoken to him many months ago that seemed to be incoherent nonsense.

“When you meet her, teach her your ways. This continent's survival kinda depends on it."

At the time Virgil had just dismissed the words figuring that Caramel had just been doped up on heroin or some other drug that most whores usually seem to find themselves enthralled with. But Caramel had spoken with the utmost seriousness as if the world actually did depend on this one girl, and Virgil began to wonder if Caramel had in fact not been crazy after all...

And then Candy’s words brought him back from his memories and into the present. ”Yes, yes. She has been displaying a few signs that she hasn’t exactly been keeping well nourished. In fact I think it might be best if she does stay under my care, at least until she learns to speak again and then from there we can see what to do with her.” It seemed like the only option really. Who else would have been equipped to take care of the girl? Candy could have probably done it but that means Beloved would probably end up a whore. Something that I can’t allow to happen. Savage? ... I think I am lucky that he brought her here at all. There is Vermuse but I think he would probably have a heart attack at the prospect of taking care of a girl. With that Virgil left the group and headed into a back room and shortly after he emerged holding a spare lab coat and a brown paper sack. Heading over to the water cooler Virgil draped the lab coat around Beloved. Her clothes had been somewhat torn up but this was the best he could managed for now.

”It’s settled then I will keep an eye on her and make sure that she doesn’t have any kind of permanent brain damage, and I will make sure she keeps well nourished and cared for.” Reaching into the paper sack he withdrew a plastic bag that contained a turkey sandwich with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Opening the plastic bag he withdrew half of the sandwich and offered it to Beloved. Then he took out the other half and began to make motions with the sandwich towards his mouth before he took a few bites and began to chew his food and swallow it as if he was teaching her what to do. ”It is good for you Beloved. Eat it.” He encouraged with a friendly smile and then offered the rest of his part of the sandwich to Beloved. It was originally going to be his dinner, but he had gone without before and it wouldn’t kill him.

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 am

Kat stopped paying attention after Conduit said he knew The Doctor. It was partly because she wasn't interested in hearing him talk at all, and partly because the blood loss was beginning to cloud her mind. Even with it consciously working for her and flowing slow and clotting well around the wound, it was still oozing quite a bit. Without proper care, Kat knew she could very well black out. She scrunched her eyes under her mask and then opened them up wide, trying to clear them. It sort of worked.

The mask itself was a wonder. Though completely covering her head so that a person couldn't see through no matter the lighting or how close they were, Kat could see just fine through the red hearts that covered her eyes. Kat had crafted the material herself in her living room, a type of one-way window threading. Originally she had trouble seeing through it, because it wasn't near perfect, but over a short time due to her power, her eyes had adjusted to being able to see through the material as if nothing were there. Breathing had once been a problem, as well, and she used to have slits cut by the nose to allow for easier breathing. She later changed the threading to a material the could breath better, and soon overcame the problem completely.

When Kat received the injury, adrenaline in her body increased dramatically, and it was starting to take a more serious effect now. Her mind was catching on the smallest differences and following the oddest tangents. Her lines of thought were getting thinner and much faster. At the base of her mask on her neck, she could feel her hair peeking out, just a tad. Should be getting haircut soon. Shouldn't do it myself this time. Want to look nice. For violin girl. Stupid. Why am I thinking this? I'm dying now. She shook her head quickly to jar herself from her thoughts. She caught the tail end of what Conduit was saying.

"...way you'll have to travel with me. A hug of sorts, an embrace. It's easier to travel that way, and worth it in the long run." He looked at her for a moment and held his arms out for an embrace. Only makes sense. Two bodies. Hug makes smaller size. Still. May want to walk... She let out a sigh.

"Don't you own a car. Something? Ugh." With another heavy sigh, she clenched her fists, then slowly released them; clenched her teeth, and kept them locked, moving to put her body to his. When she got close enough, she let off her wound and wrapped her arms around him. Wincing for a second in pain, she pulled him tight, trying to use his torso to keep pressure on her wound. "Just hurry."

Doctor better be awake. Wonder if he does haircuts...
"Peace is the absence lack of war."
"I like to reserve my mouth for kissing, alcohol, and words. Not always in that order, but you get the point."
Blizzard's Music

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rispetto on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Conduit smiled and pulled her tighter against him before the both were enveloped in arcs of electricity. A bright flash shot out before this cloud of static jumped to a nearby power line, zooming along it towards town at amazing speeds. With each pole they reached and jumped across, a transformer blew out, leaving showers of sparks in their wake. It wasn't long before they emerged from an outlet in the very back room that Virgil had just stepped out of. Overall, the trip had taken around fifteen seconds, but to Conduit, it felt like he had just been running nonstop for fifteen hours. He couldn't even imagine how Pulse felt.

The emerging wasn't the stop of their travel, for Conduit made damn well sure Pulse was right there in front of the Doctor before stumbling backward and falling into the back room once again. Too many people here... He thought, looking at the others dazed. He managed a weak nod before slipping through the outlet once more, emerging in his own apartment seconds later. Despite his recent absorbing of most of the city's power, that had taken quite a bit out of him. Especially since he had brought as extra along. The most he could manage to do now was stumble into his room and collapse on his bed, tears beginning to stream down his face.

Rispetto
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Vermuse.
Poor Vermuse.
He was already feeling overwhelmed when he left that sanctuary of a bathroom, now submerged chest deep in the muck of inadequacy. He had no idea the adventure he was about to get himself into, but he had his uncomfortable suspicions at this point.

While Candy answered him, using a tone of voice he had likely never heard in his life, not even in any dream he could recall, his fidgeting stopped. All color drained from his face as he stood in an absolute stupor. He found himself coughing violently into his hand, quick and wet exhalations, suddenly choking something he must have swallowed, perhaps his sense of security. He felt woozy. She wasn't hardly wearing a thing. So he refused to look at her. Was his asthma acting up?

From behind him, he heard the metallic clang and the click of shoes that signified more bodies entering the Doctor's office. Stumbling around more so than turning around (even simple tasks such as this were lost to him), his eyes met yet another beautiful young girl. This one was different from the lady he had been conversing with (Ha! Conversing! If you could call his awkward attempts a conversation) in almost every way. From the strange "whooshes" and whirs in her voice, to her movements, her eyes were definitively different, having no pupils, but the light of wonderment that shone from her face too. Behind her she was dragging a man…a butcher? Savage. Though she released him to study the Candy lady. He really didn't blame her for forgetting about everything when the whirring woman saw the Candy lady--perhaps Candy lady had that effect on everyone.

"Do you have an appointment?"
he chimed, more naturally this time, raising a pudgy index finger in the air to call for attention. This attention was denied, as per usual, and he did not mind being ignored. The couple seemed to have other reasons for coming.

And suddenly, his world melted around him, the sounds of descending lines of glissando of an entire horn section swelling within his ears, his eyes bulging. This Beloved craned her head towards him, locking eyes. And then she moved towards him. Moved very near to him. She was interested in..in…his facial hair.

"Oh yes, I did work on the hair this morning."
He knew it was a good idea. Perhaps his mother was right: People who present themselves well make more friends. His demeanor seemed to brighten as he stroked the rough patch on his chin.

[/i]"You'll get hit by a car."[/i]
Initially the statement confused him, rather taken aback, he mouthed worked at forming silent words as he tried to decipher her words. He'd get hit by a car? Did she want him to get hit by a car? Could she see the future?!?! He scrolled down the list of horrifying options and plucked out one that seemed more agreeable to his disposition. It was just a friendly warning to the reckless.
"Yea, that happens sometimes, like when you don't look both ways or something," he finally confirmed quickly, eyebrows knitted together near where his hairline ought to be as he nodded his head in contemplative verification of her words.

Felix remained in the shadows, whether he was actually in the shadows or if the shadows seemed to follow him, Vermuse didn't know. He was covered in blood and appeared unhappy…nothing new. But ah! It wasn't blood at all! It was pomegranate juice. Of course! His mind was content to believe it, his little mind an alarm went off in his head when he saw the man. But if it was just pomegranate juice…the alarms went down and he relaxed, thoughts continuing in their trivial way. There was no danger here.

As the Doctor moved closer to the girl, his eyes hungrily devouring information and inputting the data into his diagnostic mind program (the Doctor seemed so intelligent to Vermuse that he liked to imagine him as a super computer), the lights were suddenly gone. He had to stifle a squeak as his hands fluttered to his mouth.
"Heh…hiccups," he bashfully tried to explain away to Beloved.

"Vermuse, will you start the generator?"
While Beloved's back was turned, searching for the butcher, he left as quickly as possible, waddling off into the darkness and feeling his way along the walls as his eyes slowly adjusted. His eyes strained to see in these back hallways, and he moved very slowly. If there were any monsters, they would probably be the result of some sort of government experimentation, probably raptors. He didn't want to trigger their acute motion sensory. He wished he could see like a raptor. He moved tensely, deliberately in measure steps, trying to hold his breath as much as he could, body seemed to move in slow motion. He thought he heard something in the back, and he froze, eyes seeking to pierce the darkness desperately. It was a tense few moments before he slowly reached for his phaser, pulling it from deep within his pocket and raising it to eye-level.
"Come out now and turn yourself in. We know you're there. It's better to resolve things peacefully," he declared to the darkness, pistol held remarkably steady, voice as commanding as it could get from the small man. "I've told you once already. This is your second warning. If I have to tell you a third, things will get dirty." Again, silence was the response.
"Alright…even our inactions are choices. And you've chosen the wrong path, my friend."
He paused for a moment, giving his opponent one last chance before barreling into the darkness, shooting at what seemed an army of opponents. He rolled along the wall, ducked, and leapt out of the way of oncoming bullets, shooting his own while little "PEW" noises escaped his lips. He punched a genetically modified raptor, one that could speak in human tongue, right in the face, in the nose. The raptor swore in his last moments of lucidity, "You'll pay for thiissssssssssssss Vermusssssse," before succumbing to unconsciousness. Yes. It was all pretend in the end, as he subdued the last suspect. He was panting now. "You're just lucky I always set my phasers to stun," he gave his best Kirk meets John Wayne impression, head swaying with something he felt might be considered swag, though it probably looked goofy in reality.
Finally, he exhaled all his breathe, shoulders relaxing.
"That was fun," he half declared and half laughed to himself, waddling quickly to the back of the building to make up for the lost time. He enjoyed playing such games. It wasn't often that such a ripe opportunity arose for the man. His fingers probed the wall for the switch, which he then pulled, and the lights flashed back on. Half jogging back to the waiting room, his stupid, childish grin evaporated once he was back in the company of others, back to his concerned and/or confused face, small mouth slightly agape.
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!