Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Trek

The Trek

a part of “The Trek”, a fictional universe by xXMcDumbassXx.

What will you do when you're sentenced to death on a twisted gameshow in which you must travel 50 miles through the wastes of America and battle a strange plague which twists humans in viscous beasts? [5 Characters needed]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Trek”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Trek

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Questions? Reserving spots? Just wanna chat? Do it here...
Last edited by xXMcDumbassXx on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Apocalypsis Urbem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Very Interested indeed! Could you reserve a spot for me until tomorrow? I really have to get some sleep and tomorrow I got school for a couple of hours, but once I'm back I'll make a character If there's still a spot open or if you've reserved one for me. ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Trek

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Sure! I don't generally have a character limit... but I'll reserve a spot anyway :P

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:57 pm

oops... just noticed a bad typo on my rules... i copied and pasted the rules cuz i was too lazy to write them out again :P I'll go fix that...

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frene on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 pm

This seems very interesting
Sincerely,

Frene Arden

Frene
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:17 pm

"Lost Ones" OOC Section coming soon!

Description/medical reports/pictures/details/behavior/history/and everything else you would need to know about the only major predator to human-kind!

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Turnbased combat? Why would you use this in an Rp you called "realistic"? :S

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Compliments for sparking my interest on two of three of your RP's, I'm pretty sure it's a first.
But I agree with Sibrand, Turnbased combat - however fair - isn't 'realistic'.

Also a small suggestion, you say we equip ourselves at the bunker, I think perhaps something like survival rucksacks with a list of equipment everyone has, would be useful.
ie.
a 4 inch knife.
a box of 30 matches,
a small metal pan,
a plastic water bottle and some iodine,
bug spray...
whatever else

It would give us some common ground and also a better chance of surviving - or even give each individual person a list of 10-20 things they got from the bunker. Just as an idea.

Also are you hoping that we'll all play allied characters or not?
Thanks.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Hmm... The "Goodie Bag" Idea is pretty good actually... I think you'll some of that in there... And as for the turnbased combat... I agree. I hated doing it, but I was just gonna try to make it fair... I'll change it to simultaneous combat and we'll figure it out from there... And one other thing, you're all criminals, severe or not, and you've essentially been sentenced to death. And the audience of the show love watching people dying, suffering, etc... Interesting things, ya know? So it's not going to be easy, not by a long shot... But best of luck anyway :P And something else you may not have thought of, is that a secondary plot could start after you make it back to the city alive.... Just a side note :D

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:26 am

I admit my trail of thought was that on return you're welcomed back and showered with riches... but you're still a criminal - they say that if you complete they welcome you back, accpeting that the trek turned you into a good person. But I think it would make you hate them more for putting you through it, you'd be given the means (money and status) to be able to cause havok.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:50 am

Haha well, it's either seen that way, or as a lesson learned. I think I'll make the distance relative to the severity if the crime... Like, theft 10 miles, a murder 50 miles each(murders are serious), rape like... 40 or something... Idk, idk.... I'm glad you're bringing this all up so I can try and perfect the RP before it starts...

And for people who do illegal things with the money just get put through it again. And some good people get themselves put on the show just for the money. Like, if you were poor and you had no other options, you could do something illegal, like steal a car. That would get you like... 15 miles, and my philosophy is that you get $1,000 per mile traveled. So it's a good source of revenue if you're good at it...

But anyways, would you have the balls enough to do something illegal after going through 50 miles of SuperHuman creatures, collapsing buildings, lack of food and water, and watching your newfound friends die? I think it would be pretty efficient. And the fear factor is HUGE! Everybody would be afraid of the consequences of crime (most people anyway). The show also eliminates jails and such, since the criminals are gathered and flown out directly upon conviction...

Either way, it's a role-play, so it's not perfect :P

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 am

I agree, but I feel someone with a frame-of-mind to commit murder, is probably going to be the sort of "VENGEANCE!" person who would try and pay back the creators of the programme, and hey, they'll only end up back on the show for round 2 - if they get caught. If you have money you can hide almost anywhere. Bit of plastic surgery and some fake documents and your good to go.

The miles dictated by the crime thing is good, but there'd have to be more bunkers, and they could perhaps get raided by the ones with more miles to go. I think maybe instead you could have something else to show the severity of the crime.
Like, if you're a murderer you don't get any iodine in your bag to clean the water you find, you're at risk of infection this way. Or you don't get as good weapons/protein packs...
The higher the price of what you stole the less well fitting/comfy/suitable your clothes are and so on.
I think it would be easier and also make for a better programme.
What better way to conquer your rapist than watch him dehydrate slowly to death and have his corpse town apart by the mutated body of your fathers killer? (as an extreme example).

Plus that would mean more of them setting off. More to be picked off.
There's strength in the numbers, but it also means they can to stealthy - the more there are, the less likely it's you that's attacked, but the more likely a lost one will find the group...

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

We need more characters!!! If you have any friends you think would be interested, send them here please! We need more characters before we start and I'd like to start as soon as we have 5 or 6 people...

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Oh, and since whenhave giant multimillion dollar industries have every been nice or fair? This is the alternatIve to a death sentence... They're trying tokill you! Lol they don't want to give you their money... And they don't want you scum bck in their city... They're making millions off of a show that's manipulated to make things interesting

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:24 am

True. So why not make it as evil as possible, and no matter what your crime, you have to go the whole way? Seems more vicious - and likely bring less back into the city, and deter even the smallest crime.

Have you got an OOC for The Lost Ones yet, I'm really interested in...hmm... "getting to know"... them?
Haha. :D

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:00 pm

I noticed that there is quite a pile of submitted characters waiting to be approved. If you got at least some of us approved, we would be much closer to starting.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

@MadHatter

I'm just letting them pile up and I'll approve them when we start... If I can test you all not to post yet, I'll accept your characters

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:30 pm

The lost ones OOC is coming later tonight!!! God bless insomnia :P

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Very well, xXMcDumbassXx, I shall await my character's approval.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMcDumbassXx on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Well... I lost my whole lost ones post... (ironic, right?) I'll start it again tonight.

xXMcDumbassXx
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!