Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne

Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne

a part of “Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne”, a fictional universe by Entity of Sin.

The Massacre of the Throne is a roleplay designed to deliver an epic dark medieval experience full of dungeon exploration, rich and rewarding discoveries, epic battlefields, and the mysterious history behind the continent the roleplay takes place on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:33 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm

The Massacre of the Throne is a roleplay set in very dark ancient medieval times where horrific monsters lurk in dungeons, thievery, murder and vile criminal acts are common place. Although the roleplay has a very dark setting that most people wouldn't be able to stomach in real life, the story is centered around a group of adventurers that are in the trade city Vantia (located on the map provided on the RP Tab). It is at this focal point in the beginning of the story that all the characters come together and utilize each of their skill sets to survive the horrors of dungeons, battles against monstrous creatures only thought to be myths, and to discover the glories of treasure and fame of rescuing the innocents.

Roleplayers that are interested in this roleplay must understand that there are restrictions on the amount of special abilities or skills a character will be granted to have. There is absolutely a very strict limit to the amount of magic a character can have because that can easily get out of hand but also because it's a lot more enjoyable to see a character raise in power through other means than magical prowess. So basically no fire balls the size of freight trains blowing up entire cities is going to be allowed in this roleplay. Along with magic being heavily restricted, the abilities of certain monsters, such as a minotaur, should be as realistically portrayed as possible. This is to allow these encounters with monsters to be an extremely high risk and high reward type of thing. We aren't super saiyans that can fly around punching holes through whatever we damn want; which would be amusing as hell. :)

As the roleplay moves forward and story is created, there will be times where I'll need everyone's help to evaluate what has already transpired in the roleplay and to help keep tabs of certain things such as: who received a new weapon, who got new armor, is someone considered to be a hero and now gets extra services in a particular village/town/city. These kind of things will be difficult at times to keep track of and I want to be fair about everyone getting "upgrades" with their characters but I don't want these things to be to common.

So please join me in an adventure of wonder and mystery! Together we can unravel the mysterious of every corner of the kingdom and elevate our characters to glory! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumaria on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 am

Character Construction.

Hello and apologies if I seem too forward but I would like to join in this epic adventure of a roleplay but I would like a little input on character creation. In any sort of mythic setting I usually lend my characters towards hunters or men of medicine and if there are no protests I would like to bring to the table a character with some medical knowledge. That is not to say he would be a doctor so much as perhaps the son of a medicine woman; more comfortable in an apothecary than running about as an actual doctor might. As it stands if the things I have suggested so far are acceptable I would like to clarify that my character would not be helpless, father's leave their marks too and even a man in the market knows how to wield a staff to hurt.

Of course this is a story of growth too so I wanted to ask about tings such as prejudices and class etiquette. Normally even a woman with medical knowledge would be sponsored by a well off family or be accused of having the aid of magic of some sort. I was hoping to ask about the possibly of allotting my character a little bitterness towards the idea of magics of any sort due to having a mother figure that people said used it to supplement her medical work. No full blown hatred but a distaste for it and pride in himself and mother for never having used it.

Once more I would like to apologize if I've been too forward but if I was not I look forward to your input so that I may flesh him out.

Sincerely - Lumaria

Lumaria
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Lumaria wrote:Character Construction.

Hello and apologies if I seem too forward but I would like to join in this epic adventure of a roleplay but I would like a little input on character creation. In any sort of mythic setting I usually lend my characters towards hunters or men of medicine and if there are no protests I would like to bring to the table a character with some medical knowledge. That is not to say he would be a doctor so much as perhaps the son of a medicine woman; more comfortable in an apothecary than running about as an actual doctor might. As it stands if the things I have suggested so far are acceptable I would like to clarify that my character would not be helpless, father's leave their marks too and even a man in the market knows how to wield a staff to hurt.

Of course this is a story of growth too so I wanted to ask about tings such as prejudices and class etiquette. Normally even a woman with medical knowledge would be sponsored by a well off family or be accused of having the aid of magic of some sort. I was hoping to ask about the possibly of allotting my character a little bitterness towards the idea of magics of any sort due to having a mother figure that people said used it to supplement her medical work. No full blown hatred but a distaste for it and pride in himself and mother for never having used it.

Once more I would like to apologize if I've been too forward but if I was not I look forward to your input so that I may flesh him out.

Sincerely - Lumaria

Thanks for the questions and interest in Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne!

An apothecary would be a great idea! I wouldn't worry to much about magic at this point. The kingdom of Riv'nar doesn't exactly view magic as a positive thing and I don't really want to spoil things much more than that. So you're character can hate or dislike magic however much you want.

In Riv'nar, women are treated pretty powerful unless they were born into a noble house, the lowest being a low-born noble family. They literately are viewed as having very little use outside of the kitchen and tending to the needs of children. For the most part this is very acceptable in the kingdom's culture. Also, they are considered to be sexual objects as well and along with that are the obvious implications that I don't need to mention (both favorable and not favorable). I'm just trying to shape the life of a woman in the roleplay for you because it's not pretty paintings and shiny rainbows but rather a pile of horse shit. It isn't like men are much better off either since murder over personal possessions is pretty common and law enforcement hasn't been reestablished yet since all the Riv'narians moved from their old homeland of Catan to the new continent and settled the new region they named after their old homeland: Catan.

Hopefully that helps illustrate some stuff you might have been wondering about and answers your questions.

Let me know if there is something else you were wondering about.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumaria on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Entity of Sin wrote:Thanks for the questions and interest in Varnic: The Massacre of the Throne!

An apothecary would be a great idea! I wouldn't worry to much about magic at this point. The kingdom of Riv'nar doesn't exactly view magic as a positive thing and I don't really want to spoil things much more than that. So you're character can hate or dislike magic however much you want.

In Riv'nar, women are treated pretty powerful unless they were born into a noble house, the lowest being a low-born noble family. They literately are viewed as having very little use outside of the kitchen and tending to the needs of children. For the most part this is very acceptable in the kingdom's culture. Also, they are considered to be sexual objects as well and along with that are the obvious implications that I don't need to mention (both favorable and not favorable). I'm just trying to shape the life of a woman in the roleplay for you because it's not pretty paintings and shiny rainbows but rather a pile of horse shit. It isn't like men are much better off either since murder over personal possessions is pretty common and law enforcement hasn't been reestablished yet since all the Riv'narians moved from their old homeland of Catan to the new continent and settled the new region they named after their old homeland: Catan.

Hopefully that helps illustrate some stuff you might have been wondering about and answers your questions.

Let me know if there is something else you were wondering about.

Thank you for all the help! With the information you've given me I think I can shape my character to fit this story of adventure quite well and as such I will submit a character for approval in due time.I did have a few more questions but these are about the OOC thread and how it will play a role in the actual roleplay. Seeing as how we will use this thread to help build the story and push things along would it be preferable to dive less into our character's heads for reasoning behind their actions and instead expound on them here or is the format of a character dwelling in their own mind in our posts still preferable. Also in the other character profiles I did not see much exposition where their pasts are concerned so I will leave out a good deal of what shaped my own character but do you want such things expanded on and approved here?

Lumaria
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Lumaria wrote:Thank you for all the help! With the information you've given me I think I can shape my character to fit this story of adventure quite well and as such I will submit a character for approval in due time.I did have a few more questions but these are about the OOC thread and how it will play a role in the actual roleplay. Seeing as how we will use this thread to help build the story and push things along would it be preferable to dive less into our character's heads for reasoning behind their actions and instead expound on them here or is the format of a character dwelling in their own mind in our posts still preferable. Also in the other character profiles I did not see much exposition where their pasts are concerned so I will leave out a good deal of what shaped my own character but do you want such things expanded on and approved here?

Character backgrounds aren't necessarily really. I want to focus mostly on the future of the characters rather than the background. You can fill that out as the roleplay takes shape and when other characters discover things about your character. I only really find it then to be note worthy to fill out.

As for explaining a character's actions, their motives, what's on their mind: we can discuss these things here in the thread when those situations come up. Simple is always good and I really don't like complicated things right from the start. Will there be choices characters make that conflict with one another? Hell yeah there will! Like take my character for example, he might get posed the question of handing over one of his traveling companions for a rare valuable treasure that he would love to have his greedy hands on but also be plagued with the fact that if he did he would be losing someone with valuable skills he probably will need in the near and distant future. He's slightly unethical so he might go for the treasure instead and not care what happens to his companion. So if that's the kind of stuff you mean when discussing character actions and motives, then yes we'll definitely be doing that.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mithjon280 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello fellow pursuers of adventure!

I think this roleplay is really well planned out, and will hopefully not end up desecrated and forgotten (as most roleplays sadly do). I am a bit confused on how to create your character, though, mostly concerning the Fire Emblem portraits. I think I understand how to create a basic character profile (from looking at the your character profile) but for the portrait, do we simply choose one and note it at the bottom of our profile or in the OOC? I very much like the look of the first green haired fellow with the purple tunic and blue robes.

Also, I was thinking about creating an explorer/navigator for my character. Perhaps someone attempting to map out the unexplored regions of Riv'nar. If it turns out that things are already mapped out then I guess this would not be a very prolific occupation.

If that doesn't sail, I have always been fond of the clever and greedy merchant character. Maybe one from a distant continent from across the ocean (if possible) or just from a different province/area/etc.

Do not be afraid to kick any of my characters down the well, so to speak, as I appreciate any possible feedback.

Mithjon280
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Mithjon280 wrote:Hello fellow pursuers of adventure!

I think this roleplay is really well planned out, and will hopefully not end up desecrated and forgotten (as most roleplays sadly do). I am a bit confused on how to create your character, though, mostly concerning the Fire Emblem portraits. I think I understand how to create a basic character profile (from looking at the your character profile) but for the portrait, do we simply choose one and note it at the bottom of our profile or in the OOC? I very much like the look of the first green haired fellow with the purple tunic and blue robes.

Also, I was thinking about creating an explorer/navigator for my character. Perhaps someone attempting to map out the unexplored regions of Riv'nar. If it turns out that things are already mapped out then I guess this would not be a very prolific occupation.

If that doesn't sail, I have always been fond of the clever and greedy merchant character. Maybe one from a distant continent from across the ocean (if possible) or just from a different province/area/etc.

Do not be afraid to kick any of my characters down the well, so to speak, as I appreciate any possible feedback.

The character portraits are something that I make on your behalf. It isn't something that you need to worry about. I did link to the original 222 Fire Emblem portraits that I will use to create a customized one.

For the character idea, a navigator is an interesting idea. I'm not sure how good that kind of skill set is going to be if all the characters are going to be underground, in dungeons, and other similar environments that make a navigator's skill sets completely useless. A greedy merchant character might not work so well either since none of the characters are going to be staying in a singular location for very long.

Also keep in mind I'm also waiting to get word from some other people about their characters. We can certain discuss this more if you like. Plus some of those people I've been talking to for the past couple days about the roleplay and if they do really want in then I'm prioritizing them over others I don't know. I'm hoping you can understand this.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mithjon280 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Since technology confuses me I still do not know how to pm, but I'm just here to say that I'm not too upset about it. I understand that it's a lot easier and stable to roleplay with people you know. Well, just make sure to make it a good one.

Regards,

MithJon280

Mithjon280
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SalmaiLeore on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Greetings all!

After coming across this role playing, it brought back great memories! This is exactly how a role play should be organized! I am more than elated to join this group and begin an adventure!

I was thinking about what character I may be able to bring in. Something different from those already accepted. Since it looks as if I am the only female, I am attempting to determine a skill set other than that of warrior. I was thinking perhaps I could be a rogue/thief? She would have a great slight of hand as well as limited combat skills. Nothing like a warrior, but enough to be of use. She would have come from an adventurer guild , I imagine. I am hoping this is still within the realm of your ideals of this role play.

I was also looking at the Fire Emblem rendering of the female with long black hair, red top, and black wings. Of course I woudl prefer her with out the wings, dark blue eyes, and darker black hair then that. That is really all I would change.

Please let me know what you think about my idea on entering this character in. I appreciate all the feed back and suggestions possible.

Lastly, although I am extremely interested in this RP, I must get off the computer in about 15 minutes. I have school I need to leave for. :-)
The desire to write grows with writing.

Salmai

SalmaiLeore
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

SalmaiLeore wrote:
Greetings all!

After coming across this role playing, it brought back great memories! This is exactly how a role play should be organized! I am more than elated to join this group and begin an adventure!

I was thinking about what character I may be able to bring in. Something different from those already accepted. Since it looks as if I am the only female, I am attempting to determine a skill set other than that of warrior. I was thinking perhaps I could be a rogue/thief? She would have a great slight of hand as well as limited combat skills. Nothing like a warrior, but enough to be of use. She would have come from an adventurer guild , I imagine. I am hoping this is still within the realm of your ideals of this role play.

I was also looking at the Fire Emblem rendering of the female with long black hair, red top, and black wings. Of course I woudl prefer her with out the wings, dark blue eyes, and darker black hair then that. That is really all I would change.

Please let me know what you think about my idea on entering this character in. I appreciate all the feed back and suggestions possible.

Lastly, although I am extremely interested in this RP, I must get off the computer in about 15 minutes. I have school I need to leave for. :-)

I'm sorry, but I'm already working with the last two people that are joining the roleplay. After that, I'm not going to be accepting anyone else for a while.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SalmaiLeore on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 am

I understand.
Thank you.

SalmaiLeore
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Okay everyone! Once I get BumbleDrop's character portrait and the Chapter 1 introduction post done, we'll be able to start posting and making story progression! :D

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumaria on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm excited for us to start, considering the gathered party I think this will be quite entertaining.

Lumaria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 am

Everyone can start posting now. :D

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:13 am

Almost forgot this interested me the other day, but I wasn't home to bookmark it. Character submitted!

Celaradith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Well, if you free up a spot let me know - I didn't realise the RP was full ._.

Celaradith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Well people keep submitting characters without reading this thread or talk to me ahead of time. So if people read this thread then know that you're character is going to get rejected on the grounds that the roleplay is currently full. Until I see the need to allow more people in, I will. Don't ask when and don't ask to be informed when that happens.
Last edited by Entity of Sin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaradith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Perhaps you should make it clear on the info page or in the title that the roleplay is full. A lot of people, like myself; read the information, look for any Lore in the non OOC chat thread and are excited about the story.

I feel like I need to apologise for being interested and trying to join in, but I won't; there's no need to. The way you've come across from your last post to me has ensured I won't bother with hoping for a place.
Sure, it's probably frustrating that people keep submitting to your RP, but it also means you've created an interesting story. Anyway, peace and good luck with your story.

Celaradith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Everyone's character right now should be hearing the horn and drums within the next set of posts. Things are about to get slightly busy for the characters. :)

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!