Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The King's Gambit

The King's Gambit

a part of “The King's Gambit”, a fictional universe by Arietta.

Some troubled folks are taken to play a twisted game of chess.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The King's Gambit”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The King's Gambit

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nici-kitty on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Hello! This roleplay sounds intriguing. Are you still accepting characters?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nici-kitty
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:36 pm

@nici-kitty: Yup! The open positions are listed on the main page.

UPDATE: Since we seem to have trouble getting enough characters to start, everyone already accepted is allowed to take one more character. I will not take reservations on these characters: just submit them and I'll pick the ones I like best. First characters are given priority over second characters for the same position, if all else is equal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arietta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liachann on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Must...join...Can I have the White Bishop or Black Pawns? It'll be a guy just to keep the gender ratio equal, but that's already pretty even, yeah?

And I made Vivaldi Veiled, Arietta. Or did you want to do it on Livejournal?

Liachann
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Lia~
You made me a druggie bishop. Thank you.
(Even though I clearly ordered you to. And you still make pretty-boy characters for everything.)

As for Vivaldi, I wanted to LJ it to avoid making so many character profiles. But either way is fine.
PM, please? Sorry, I don't want to bother anyone with extra spam.

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Planter777 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:29 am

Oops, I'm very sorry I haven't posted yet. The post didn't appear as new in the roleplays tab as you just edited the accidental post. I'm posting now. Very sorry.

Planter777
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 pm

@Planter777: No, don't worry about it. I was actually going to leave that post to fester for a few days before PMing all of you, so that I could edit it before getting everyone else involved. But since you found it - thank you - I guess we'll begin now, then.

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Yay! We started!

Also, I'm wondering if maybe my character (Maria) could have known Lori and Deme already? Lori is a gangster type already which means that my character (also in a gang) has probably at least heard of her. Maybe they could be from the same gang...or rival gangs :)

As for Deme, she's not likely to know him well but maybe she's seen him around once or twice, whilst he was buying the drugs from her gang?

Just an idea or two :)

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liachann on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Sparkleshine...you are epic. *stares at post* My new goal is to roleplay that well someday, haha!

I think it would be interesting if we had that kind of acquaintance there already, especially if they don't really know each other. So that's fine with me. :)

Esana~ Can we have a horrible relationship (wow, vague) between our characters? Deme seems like the kind of feminine boy that Ryan could never stand. XDD

Liachann
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Horrible...Lol, like I can't stand you? xD Yeah I can imagine that happening...we'll see what happens....I kinda feel like getting pissed at the Abby cause she poked Ryan. D: (I love you Planter777, but Ryan does not like getting poked...definitely not.)

~ Esa
“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” ~ Voltaire

Esana
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Planter777 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:27 pm

I like the idea of Ryan getting mad at Abby. He probably won't like her too much early on anyway. Besides, in her surprise Abby will probably leap away and knock over all the chairs like dominoes.

Planter777
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 am

Yay!

I thought that Maria waking up with a headache and being grouchy at Ryan would make for a fun dynamic later :D. Out of curiosity, whereabouts on the map are we? I'm kind of guessing we're in the blue parlor, but I'm not 100% certain. Are there any other exits in this room?

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 am

We're in the blue parlor on the first floor. As for exits...I think there are the double doors and there might be a side entrance near the back...Arietta, you wanna confirm?

(And fun ~ I get to get more angry. xD)

~ Esa

Esana
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 pm

...Btw, just wanted to say that the person I'm trying to take revenge against is Matt...not Tom (sorry if I misread that, planter777).

~ Esa

Esana
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Planter777 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I know that, but Tom doesn't. And Rose did tell him to take Matt to see what was happening (which is why Tom is there too), and then when they arrive Ryan throws a chair at them and charges. Tom has no idea what's going on and decides to defend himself and his coworker in the best nonlethal fashion he can think of, hence the attempted tasering. I think that explains it, unless of course I've missed something which is entirely possible.

Planter

Planter777
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Ehh, sorry I took so long to post. I started off waiting for someone else to post and then got dragged off for the weekend. What's happening with this game? Is it still going ahead? It seems to have gotten awfully quiet :(

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I think we're still going. Just so that everyone knows. For the next four days, I might not get on, because I have a LOT to do, so...xD Don't feel like you have to wait for me, and I'll get back to this ASAP

~ Esa

Esana
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!