Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Portal

Portal

a part of “Portal”, a fictional universe by Naraness.

Based on Portal 2, the game. Three test subjects escape after being awoken from a medically induced coma. As they find themselves in the old sections of Aperture Science Laboratories, they discover that they are not alone.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Portal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Portal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

I. FINALLY. POSTED.

[/gasps]

That took so long.
Sundays are not my best days, apparently.
Hey!
I just met you,
and this is crazy,
but here's my number,
so call me maybe!
(xxx)-xxx-xxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Finally posted. You guys are great describing the scene..and i'm just a beginner..

Anyway that took me a while to make it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Haha, mine took the better half of a day.

And it gets better with practice, just try to describe more instead of just saying what he did.
Show don't tell.

Tons of people told me that when I began Roleplaying and writing, heh~

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Somebody, Please post at the Post Tab! D:

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naraness on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 pm

@Digital Flamer - Oh don't worry 'bout it. Like Dovahkiin said, you get better with time (I like that saying by the way!). Reading what others write, and getting into the habit of writing more often improves writing skills really quickly. You should see what I was writing when I first started Role Playing... I don't wanna think about it. :P
Just do you best, and you best will continue to be better.

I now realize my mistake in making my character a scientist. I'm away from the majority of the characters! It's okay, I'll describe scenes, and challenges.*Rubs hands together maniacally*

Naraness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm not asking that! I want someone to post already on the activity tab or something >.> I want to start writing already!

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:52 pm

@DigitalFlamer -
Haha, I know how you feel, but it's almost midnight here, so I might turn in sooner or later.

@Naraness -
Now that I think about it, how close is everyone anyways? If Lin's out the door already and so is Dave (is he?), would they see each other soon?
And Abigail, would anyone hear her if she couldn't open the door?

Hopefully everyone'll be able to get on tomorrow some time or another. c:

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

@Dovahkiin

My Character isn't still out..He's on his chamber's floor thinking why the chamber have become rusty and old.

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:03 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naraness on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 am

@Digitalflamer - Oh sorry, you posted that just before I posted, so I didn't see it. Well it is getting pretty late, but I'm working on a post right now, though it won't contain my character, it'll just be painting the picture a little more.

@Dovahkiin - I think it's safe to assume that your character will hear the others once they start moving around. And they're very, very close. Since their rooms were right beside each other, they're only a matter of twenty feet or so away from each other.

Naraness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 am

@Naraness - Wait..All of us are next door o_O

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 am

Ah, well good night all, or well, technically good morning, but whatever.

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naraness on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 am

Mmm hmm. Did I not make that clear? Sorry. A section of connected rooms survived, when the rest of the relaxation center was destroyed. Our test subject characters were in these rooms, and are now all waking up just next door to the others. Only now they're in an old test chamber, where the section of relatively undamaged rooms flew, and landed, luckily without smashing itself.
Though the scientists are still far below Aperture, and the two groups won't meet for a little while, just to be clear.
Just posted, too.

Edit: Haha, good night Dovahkiin! I'll see you all in the morning, as I'm gonna call it a night as well.

Naraness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:14 am

My Second Post is up! It's a short one. But i finally got out of the chamber :D

Edit: I just noticed i'm the only Male Character as a Test Subject o_o

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 am

Portal 2 with out some sort of loveable AI core? This is heresy. XD
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tinyartist18 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

For those of you who don't know or didn't realize, Abigail is under her bed. She'll need some coaxing out.

tinyartist18
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm kind of waiting for DigitalFlamer to post, so I can't really talk to Abigail, as Lin's kind of waiting to be noticed.

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 pm

@Tinyartist18 - Oh she's under the bed o.o

@Dova - Oh i didn't notice you xD

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovahkiin on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 pm

@DigitalFlamer -

LOL, I uh... NOTICED.
OmgIshouldjuststalkthisthreadnotpostinit.

Dovahkiin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DigitalFlamer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 pm

@Dova - Btw, call me Digital :P and second I was in Abigal's Chamber looking for her..Ok time to notice you i'm now typing my post.

DigitalFlamer
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!