Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Escape from Respite

Escape from Respite

a part of “Escape from Respite”, a fictional universe by usuno.

You are a resident of Respite, New Mexico. You were rounded up in the middle of the night by the National Guard, and the zombies are fast approaching. Will you escape? ...will you survive? Fast zombies.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Escape from Respite”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Escape from Respite

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Discuss whatever you want about the RP, ask questions, plot out little meta-games, do it all here!

First question. Should I use the "Places" feature for this RP? Do you find that crucial to your roleplay experience?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

usuno
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Escape from Respite

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 am

Granted, none of the RPs I've been on here have lasted very long, but I don't think places is crucial by any means.

Step one is to have our 2 to 3 starting characters up, then we can go from there. I suppose the most important question at this point is:

Fast zombies?
Or shamblers?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 am

Ooh, guess I should include that detail in the intro. Though it might've been a nasty surprise the first time someone tried to outrun a pack of zombies! xD

I'm running with fast zombies, but by no means olympic sprinters. They're just as fast as they were in life, if that person had to hunt for his/her food and didn't tire easily. So some zombies will be waddling along at a jogger's pace, while some will be faster than you. This doesn't necessarily mean they're coordinated though, so for example running upstairs or downhill might trip 'em up.

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchess-Zombie on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:11 am

I've submitted my character :) Hope she's alright. I'm looking forward to a zombie RP. Kind of did one before but it didn't last too long, no one read any one else's posts XD got too confusing.
There isn't a place on earth you can hide

Duchess-Zombie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 am

Looking good so far! I failed to mention this elsewhere, but I plan on approving characters and opening the story proper this coming Friday, in the hopes that people don't work weekends and we can charge right into the plot.

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 am

Submitted the character. Did you want skills mentioned in there? If anything, they can just be explained in character as we go. Let me know if you want anything added to the application.

I'm usually off one day on weekends, though in a few weeks I'm switching to Thurs/Fri off.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 am

Should be fine as is, and I just realised it's Friday @_@ This evening!

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 am

Read both of your characters, good stuff. I can actually see our two characters seeing eye-to-eye and being friends eventually, Usuno.

Duchess, if you want I can crop that photo up for you so you can load it up as a profile pic for Alice. Let me know.

Looking forward to it, nice to see an RP possibly start from the get go and not go through a gigantic prep phase.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zieke on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 am

I have submitted my character aswell now, please check him out and see if he is ok. :)

Zieke
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchess-Zombie on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 am

That would be brilliant if you could ^^ I so suck at it. Looking forward to this RP :D

Duchess-Zombie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Time now, COMMENCE ZOMBIES.

Your characters are approved and we're good to go! First major decision is to figure whether your character wants to stay under the Nat'l Guard's "protection," escape with George Marshall, or try to present a third option. Regardless of the decision the group makes there will be an outcome, and a path forward, so think about how he/she would feel.

ZOMBIES!

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 pm

I was going to do that for you Duchess, but the image you chose is protected by its owner and I'm unable to copy it or upload it to any photo service. So sorry, otherwise I'm all about helping out!

Nice to see so many characters pop up overnight.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Posted. We'll all have to interact as we're in one room, but if anyone wants to collaborate or have prior knowledge of each other in character, shoot me a PM and we can try to work something out.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 am

El_Gringo wrote:
Nice to see so many characters pop up overnight.

Yep, was shooting for 4-6, but woke up and saw seven, so I figured what the heck, toss an extra into the mix. c:

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiteCipher on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:07 am

Hope it's not too late to join this ^^; this sounds really interesting.

Ah, and yes, I do have backstory for why my character's in New Mexico, so don't worry about that.
"There's no coming back from some things this world has to offer."
Click the banner and join us in our descent into madness~

AiteCipher
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zieke on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:19 am

Would be nice if we could post in cycle, so that everyone gets to post before the first one posts again, so that nobody gets left behind and 2-3 ppl are posting all the time. Just a suggestion :)

Zieke
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm not the GM so I can't make that decision Aite, but I don't see a problem with it. It also depends on if the group splits. I think that Usuno was wanting to keep it to a minimum while we are all trapped in the same place so the game progress isn't hindered much.

I agree with you Zieke, but if someone takes more than a week to post, we'll have to start moving on. Inactivity in the beginning stages of a game is never good.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Agreed with gringo, we're gonna be moving along here by the end of the weekend, and the consequences of our decision or lack thereof will be made apparent. If people miss their post, they'll be assumed to have... been in their own thoughts the whole time, or catatonic, or something. xD

usuno
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingdonut23 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Sorry for the short post, i am surrounded by very young children so my attention waas divided

kingdonut23
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usuno on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm

hng, sorry guys, have guests over tonight, plot will move forward tomorrow, til then keep getting to know each other/establishing what y'all wanna do!

usuno
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!