Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wasteland Records: Trials of Genetic Decay”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Wasteland Records: Trials of Genetic Decay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:16 pm

UHm, for now is it ok if I just submit a character profile? I'm having some trouble finding pictures that I can place in my submission
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Sure go ahead. Pictures are really not a part of the main submission anyway- especially if you are actively looking. And if I read your profile and think I know of a good picture- I'll throw it your way. c:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:06 am

I have submitted Luke for your approval, please excuse any spelling mistakes, or continuity mistakes as I wrote this while in a semi-somnambulistic state, so... Yeah... If you see any problems let me know and I'll fix it in the... *yawn* Morning... G'night... ZZZZzzz...

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I used the tektek Dream Avatar creator to create a very good approximation of what Luke looks like.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm

And you are accepted. I also like the little avatar/doll things. Helps me visualize him a bit better. Anyway due to computers hating me- Tim's profile is going to be a bit slow. I thought I had sent him info on the Raider but apparently I didn't... -_-;

And I also apologize for being slow this week on getting the RP started. It has been really really busy with everything going on. Anyway- I should have it up tonight. It'll be a simple stereotypical meet-and-greet before we head out into the Wastelands and encounter our first- um- encounter. c: So please wait for me to post, and I promise not to dally any longer. Thanks guys!

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:27 pm

No worries, glad to be started!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 pm

well you guys certainly make me feel inadequate, what with your extra long posts...

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 am

Ill be able to post tomorrow, sorry about the wait.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Wow these posts are awesome. c: Loving it so far.

@cha-kun: No pressure to write more honestly. Write what you think is a good amount on getting your point across. Believe me- I'm no stickler for post length just as long as they are good posts. Of course my posts are always going to be on the long side (unless I'm doing a knee-jerk reaction to what your characters do), but that is because I'm controlling the scene and multiple NPCs.

And speaking of NPCs:
I don't care if you create your own NPCs and control them within in the story. Though if they are going to be detrimental to the RP please give me some heads up so we can work out what they say/do. My NPCs are fine to control as well as long as they aren't named fixtures in the RP. I am considering creating an OOC for Important People of the Wastelands- if that'll be helpful. They'll be filled with pictures among just simple bits and bobs you might need to know. It is fair to say if I do this and an NPC shows up in there- that is not at all fair game. But we'll see if we truly get that many side characters to invest in a project like that. c:

ALSO! The Wastelands (the place you've been posting too) now has a map that is color coded. c: Let me know what you think. Also the current topography of the world/climates/etc have changed. So while Glowtown looks like it should be near woodland/swampland- it is pretty much like most of the world in arid desolation. But there are places here and there that will resemble oldworld nature. So just keep that in in mind. c:

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lanaya on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Good to know about the NPC thing! That was a relief. Haha.

I would enjoy seeing a thread documenting all the NPCs, gives us an idea of what we're interacting with in the world. And great work on the map. :)
While I breathe, I hope.

Lanaya
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 pm

WOOH~! Guess who just got his freakin' diploma!! I know, you guys probably don't care about the diploma, part, but I won't be able to post for a few days, and just wanted to let you know why.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 am

@Lanaya: Thanks. I swear I didn't work hard on it. I just know that a lot of landmarks I stated were: northeast and southeast and what not. I felt like I needed to clarify. c: I'll probably start work on it this weekend. But there shouldn't be too many people in there right now. Maybe Reagent Keane. And that is it. I may go ahead and put like notable people that we will run into that certain characters know the faces of: the leader of the Badland Raiders, the leader of the Doombringers, etc. Also if you guys want it open to add your own personal NPCs I can do that as well.

@ cha-kun: Congrats! Seriously that is awesome. Nah that is super cool. c: And now I won't reveal how old I am by discussing when I got my diploma. Back before the dinosaurs walked the Earth...

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:46 am

Congratulations Cha-kun! Thats very awesome.

On a similar note, there is a emergency going on with my family right now and its left me emotionally wrecked and unable to do much more than sit in front of netflix with potato chips. Im writing my post when I feel up to it, but I wanted to warn you that things may go slow.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Sorry I haven't been on all week. My school schedule changed, so I've been a lot busier than before. IDK whether I will actually be able to participate in RPing any longer. I'll let you know once I've come to a definitive decision.

Sorry! At least this didn't happen AFTER I'd actually gotten my character involved in the RP.

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 pm

@Tim: just let me know when you know so I can remove the character/role or give it to someone else that has shown interest.

@Cha-kun: Shall I be getting a post from you soon? Or are you still on school hiatus. Because I'm considering moving the RP forward as it has been 9 days and I don't much want to drag this RP out (I don't want you lovlies to lose interest). So let me know if you can get a post here soon, or I'll also free up your role. Thanks. c:

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:49 pm

I've got no problem going with a small group and a relaxed pace, if these roles aren't totally necessary. I think more than enough time's been given for an intro, school hiatus or no. It really doesn't take that long to get a post up. Just my opinion.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 am

I'll be honest I had thought this rp had died, I'll work on getting a post up by the end of the night

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:58 am

cha-kun wrote:I'll be honest I had thought this rp had died, I'll work on getting a post up by the end of the night

Are you kidding me? We've all been waiting for people to intro. You thought the RP died?

For the sake of being civil, I'm just going to stop there.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm sorry T.T... I'm working on my intro right now I promise~! It probably won't be as long as you guys' but I hope it should be sufficient.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

AugustArria wrote:I've got no problem going with a small group and a relaxed pace, if these roles aren't totally necessary. I think more than enough time's been given for an intro, school hiatus or no. It really doesn't take that long to get a post up. Just my opinion.

I actually have someone that is interested in joining the RP and they are a frequent and talented poster. That being said- I won't fill both roles if they go out, but I wanted to give that person an opening if they cared to join. I don't care to GM massive RPs anyway, because I honestly don't feel like I have time enough to give each person their time in the sun on certain parts of the plot. I like making characters key fixtures in the RP and too many characters equals some getting tossed to the side. But I'm rambling...

cha-kun wrote:I'll be honest I had thought this rp had died, I'll work on getting a post up by the end of the night

No I was trying to be polite and give people time to post. But two weeks is a bit much for me. I've been a bit busy myself but this has tapered off and so I'm more focused on why this hasn't moved. This RP isn't rapid fire but I expect a post a week.

cha-kun wrote:I'm sorry T.T... I'm working on my intro right now I promise~! It probably won't be as long as you guys' but I hope it should be sufficient.

The post isn't up yet- so I'm moving on. I mentioned that the posts don't have to be long- just as long as you see fit for your character and the situation. You don't have to pad your posts. Actually DON'T pad your posts or I'll get bored and annoyed. Anyway. Please don't assume my RPs are dead until I give the dead signal. I WILL carry an RP out until the end- the only reason it stops is because the RPers stop responding. And usually that doesn't happen because I do try to keep things interesting. (Unfortunately this did happen recently for no reason in one RP I worked tirelessly on- everyone poofed, but that is usually not the norm).

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!