Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blades and Flames: The Nethersteel Cog

Blades and Flames: The Nethersteel Cog

a part of “Blades and Flames: The Nethersteel Cog”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

Utareos is a world of magic where the humans are constantly fighting against demons and other dark races for survival. Now a powerful artifact has fallen into the hands on the humans and the demons want it back.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blades and Flames: The Nethersteel Cog”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Blades and Flames: The Nethersteel Cog

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Sure Furry. I think It should be alright to accept up to 2 more characters into the rp, and that will give us a total of 12...I think, something like that, which seems like more than enough. Of course things may change and I may start accepting again later on.

As for the tavern scene, Dynamite, we won't be there for long. I just wanted to make something simple for the beginning to allow everyone to gather together in one place, or in one town anyway. At last count, 7 out of the 10 already accepted players have posted, and I think by the time I get back on tomorrow we should be good to get things started for real so I will do so in my next post.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby L.P.Fairen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I hope my post was ok, I had no idea what I was going to do at first, so I looked gave Kriss her first discovered of minor demon enslavement. As you will later see, she can control minor demon for a short amount of time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

L.P.Fairen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Ok this has officially become a serious investment of my time lol. Its great so far and we have an amazing cast, though Kit is probably my favorite character at the moment. Im big on pre-history and character collaboration so if anyone is interested please let me know. Im going to be editing and "classing up" my CS and would love to have previous history with one or more of you.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:22 am

Don't worry LP, your post was fine, in fact everyone has been making great posts so far, and all of a good length as well. Most of the time in these sort of rps I find people who only post two or three lines with a cookie cutter character, but it seems we got alot of imaginative writers this time.

And Bardok, you're right there is alot to read and this rp has taken up alot of my time as well, but I'm happy about that. As far as playing with your character sheet, go for it. I'd be happy to help make some past connections between the characters.

I'll post soon enough, but first I have to add the Six Demon Lords to the mythology section and make the sheet for my other character. I'll include both of them in my next post, and reveal what the old man has that the demons want. If anyone has any ideas on where the story should go or events that should take place then please feel free to speak up.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 am

Hello again, I'm so sorry that I'm late, but I've been trying to submit my charrie for a while and it keeps logging me out whenever I'm finished. I do honestly want to be a part of this, so I will try again and again until it goes. My main concern is that this RP will be filled before I'm in. If at all possible I would like to reserve one of the last two slots available because I do really want to play here. :P
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

Sorry to hear that Shisho, but sure, I'll reserve a spot for you. And whenever you do manage to get a character submitted we can work on a good way to introduce them if you need help with it.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am

Ahh, excellent. That's a relief. Welp, I'm currently getting started from an actual computer, my stupid laptop can go die! :P I'll be done soon, hopefully.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris33 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am

Hey guys!

Just to let Soul_Alchemist know, because I have "interacted" with the old guy with the artifact, and because I don't know what your ultimate plan for this guy is, I'll wait for you to NPC him. That way I wont get in the way of whatever you're planning for this guy :)

Many thanks!

chris33
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 am

All done! I'll toss up a post as soon as I'm in. If you'd like anything to change I will most certainly do so. I wanted to make him strong with the appearance of weakness, so if he's too OP do let me know. :P

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Hey Paintpoint,

I hope you don't mind that I had Anthea be on the same road as Kit. I also set things up so that maybe Kit could take out the one demon trying to sneak attack Anthea and finish off the stunned one, if you're interested in introducing them to each other in such a fashion. If you'd rather do something else, that's fine-- I'm certainly willing for my character to take a bad hit and all, but hey, what's RP without a little character interaction and some dramatic rescuing, eh?

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Furry Dragon on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Just posting to let you guys know I'm still with you. I should be able to finish my character tonight.
Imagine a Balderdash game where Incredible Initials was rolled. The initials were S.M.A. This was one of the responses:

A movie about the lost soul of a murdered person that is laid to rest when 200 sheriffs impersonate him at once.

That's totally the answer, right?

Furry Dragon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:57 pm

If I miss anyone who said something in here then I'm sorry and will try and respond soon.

Um, chris, thanks for that. I was going to post before work but I ran out of time. I'll have him do something in my next post, sorry to hold you up.

Shishio, you made Tym, yes? I'm bad at remember who has what character. Anyway, he has been accepted, post whenever you can. If I understand it right you made him the son of 2 Plainswalkers from the Magic card game, didn't you? If so, cool, if not, huge coincidence I guess.

I shall be posting soon, then in a bit I'll add those Demon Lords I mentioned earlier If you'd like I can add some more information about the human kingdom, the military, the royal family, all that stuff as well.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xFallenxValkyriex on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm

I apologize if I am moving Dragonmiir fairly quickly, I am trying to get him back to the main land so that he can interact with more NPCs and characters.

xFallenxValkyriex
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 pm

@Soul, yes, Tym was me. I did in fact model him after Jace beleren, and made him the son of Chaamdra and vesnser, also planeswalkers. That was totally exactly what I did... I have no shame. I love Venser, he was one of my all time favorites. The only one I liked more was Sorin Markov, but that's because, in my humble opinion, Innistrad was one of the best sets in all of magic on flavor alone. It was so gritty and twisted, I absolutely loved it. Thanks! I'll toss up a post as soon as I can.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Shishio, where exactly is Tym? I'm confused because you seemed to refer to the barrier over the tavern and then talked about putting up another one but at the inn. They aren't the same place, and if you're meaning them to be in your post then you just skipped over alot of things that happened inside the Tavern.

Just wanting to clear this up.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Oops, sorry, sorry sorry. I meant to say the tavern. I will fix it.

Further, if I have Tym react to literally everything, my post would be pages, multiple laborious pages of boring reading. Whilst I would love to write about all of it, there isn't time for that, not when people are wanting to move on. I can most certainly write about it later, however now isn't the time, so I had him eating and chatting with the tavern's matron until the demon incident happened. At which point, while everyone else was fighting, I had Tym react by being scared and not knowing what to do. Finally, he snapped out of it around the time Fran went berserk and her barrier began to fade and acted as described. I will move him to the tavern so he's not doing what he's doing where no one cares. :P
Last edited by XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby L.P.Fairen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Just to clarify, the tavern is surrounded and the people are filing out through the back. For sticking with the main plot and the other characters, should I to have Kriss try and follow the villgers, or have her stay and fight? I'm asking so I now where the story is going.

By the way, I changed some important details in Kriss's background and other, I hope they're ok, Soul-Alchemist.

L.P.Fairen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Like I said Shishi, I was just trying to make sure of what was going on. And I understand, I just didn't see any mention of anyone else so I wasn't sure. Aside from that the only problem I had was, as LP mentioned, everyone is running out of the tavern by now so Tym will be most likely left alone...

And LP, we will be moving away from the tavern and the town itself, so it would probably be best if you had Kriss go with the others because Vyndran is going to be retreating soon as well, as will most of the other characters I suspect. I'll take a look at your character sheet in just a moment.

EDITED
Took a look and your character change is alright LP.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm

@Soul, I figured it wouldn't be right to have Tym talking with someone when it didn't actually happen. :P. As for the whole, moving out business, well don't I feel foolish. :P. It's ok. It was Tym's natural reaction, and as a child, he wouldn't quite understand saving one's magic until it's truly needed. He idoes still have a child's impulsivity. It can be a learning thing for him. I'll have him leave with Violet and the other's once they've posted. Thanks for the heads up.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:45 pm

No problem, and alright, that makes sense then. Perhaps someone in the group can take Tym under their wing and guide him since we have so many magic users.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!