Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rawr!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Rawr!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PumpkinBear on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello everyone!

Just made an account and I'm excited to meet people and start role playing! Writing has always been something I loved to do, but I always procrastinate and put it on the back burner. I'm hoping here I'll be more motivated and will be able to improve. Now, I'm not the most experienced role player; I've role played with friends and have been to LARP events, but besides that I haven't really done too much. I'm a bit of a n00b right now, but bear with me, I'll try to catch on quick :).

I love world-building and creating characters, cultures, ect. I almost like it more than writing and will sit and draw maps for worlds (although I'm not a great artist) more than I will get words down on a page. But I've never started a roleplay on this site so I might just take it slow and join someone else's just to learn the ropes :D. I like role playing in fantasy/scifi settlings most, but I'm open to try out new things 'cause different things are usually fun.

But uh, yeah lol. I'd really like to meet over roleplayers so if you have something you're working on, let me know! Also, don't be a stranger! I'm super friendly, or at least I try to be. Tell me about yo' self. Favorite color? (mine is a tie between pink and green) Favorite animal? (bears :D) Favorite fruit? (I like pears) Favorite band? (probably Soilwork or At the Gates for me) Idk, debate whether sombreros or fez caps are superior hats. Let's chat and get role playing, ya dig?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PumpkinBear
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Rawr!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OhMerrick on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

You sound like you'd be a really great GM/DM!

I'm new as well and you sound fascinating. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your RPGs and maybe interacting with you. My favorite color: purple. Animal: hyena. Band: Sleater-Kinney. I dig.

What's LARPing like? I've never done it but the nerd in me has always wanted to do it. I'm not very expressive when it comes to my body language; I can write myself out of any situation and consider myself a good writer but that communication doesn't always translate in person, you know?
Oh, Merrick!
---
"You know, outside the circus, most people were afraid of me. But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."
Nightcrawler, X2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OhMerrick
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PumpkinBear on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Daww, shucks! I'll have to give it a try then!

Thank you kindly; I actually have a finished map (it's ugly though) and an idea in mind for a roleplay. Maybe I'll post it and see if anyone's interested. Please, by all means, join me! :D

LARPing is super fun and I miss it. It's excited to dress up and forget that your in someone's backyard, but instead a fantasy world. I was always trash at combat, but I enjoyed seeing the story unfold and interact with other characters. The group I did it with were all friends of mine too so I never felt self-conscience or anything. It feels good to let go and get immersed in the game.

I feel you about writing being easier though. When you write, you have more time to plan what you say and do. When LARPing it's all on the spot and sometimes you react too late. If it's in writing, you have all the time in the world to read and understand the plot twist, but in the moment, sometimes you miss it and just have a "GAH HOW DIDN'T I REALIZE THAT" moment after the fact...but, in a way, it makes it all more realistic since the character would probably have that same reaction as well.

PumpkinBear
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:49 am

I'm very with you on wanting to draw maps. I can't draw at all, once upon a time I thought I could draw a pretty boss looking cow and a palm tree but not anymore. I fire up MS Paint and make really horrible maps that I show no-one because I don't want them to make a blog about how crappy my maps are. Anyway, welcome to the site and as a History guy, what kind of cultures interest you?

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PumpkinBear on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 am

The hardest part for me with maps is drawing rivers, mountains, land marks, and such. I can never make them look correct. My knowledge of geography isn't great so a lot of the time my placement of things doesn't always make sense.

All types of cultures interest me: tribal settings, Hindu mythology, but mostly I like making up my own. I'll usually research a bunch of different cultures until I get enough ideas to mix up some stuff together.

PumpkinBear
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!