Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Nascent Shinsengumi

The Nascent Shinsengumi

a part of “The Nascent Shinsengumi”, a fictional universe by Eris.

Under construction to be my Storage, for now.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nascent Shinsengumi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Nascent Shinsengumi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:02 am

Just got done with a six hour drive. Sleeping then finishing Toki.
gomen
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm

When does this roleplay start?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nosyfatguy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Sick as a dog. Have a sinus infection, so I'm trying to sleep it off so I don't miss anymore work. If the deadline is already passed (I believe it was Monday, I think) then I'll have to drop out. Either way, I'll try to finish him off when I wake up. FC would've been Hoozuki from Hoozuki no Reitetsu.

Hiiii, Mari.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm

No worries Yoni!

I'm actually extending the deadline to Wednesday because I started a new position at work today. I don't know how tired I'll be when I get home or when I'll get home for that matter, so, for anyone who wants to edit/add anything to their characters may do so.

I'll see you guys later!

Eris
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:35 am

Alright guys,

I apologize for my lack of appearance; work has been kicking my ass lately and I've been a little tired when I get home. Anyway, I will be sifting through characters this weekend with a possible start date of either Sunday or Monday. So, if you have any last minute changes or edits, now is the time to do so.

As always, any questions or concerns should be directed here or you can PM me; whichever you feel more comfortable doing, I don't care. Thanks guys! And sorry for my lack of appearance!

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Yes. Finished. Hope work isn't bogging you down too much, Eris.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Nah, work can't get me down. I'm actually enjoying my new position a lot more than my old one. It's just different hours, but mostly closing shifts now. Not that I don't mind >>

Ahem.

Anyways, you guys! You'll notice I've updated the front page for some accepted characters already. I'll be doing so periodically with characters that I believe to be a good fit for this roleplay. If you read the rules, you'll know what I mean by this. Anyways, congrats to the first set of characters! I'll be going over the next set and adding an NPC thread as well here in a few hours.

Anywho, this is still giving you all a chance to make some changes (the ones I haven't accepted yet) before I make my final decisions on Sunday!

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Clouds on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:47 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't finished my character yet! I know the deadline was on Wednesday but I had to go out of town. I didn't have access to internet but I shall endeavor to finish her tonight!

Clouds
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:32 am

It wouldn't let me submit as simply Kou so I added -san sorry!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Alright guys!

As you've noticed, I've updated the front page again with characters that have been chosen. I'll be making the final decision tonight when I get home, so don't fret if you don't see your character up, yet. I'm still going through them and making the final decision tonight! If you guys have any questions or concerns, my PM box is always open!

Congrats to
Yonbibuns
>Marionette<
and Taunbon
so far, though!

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:02 pm

As I took a character on, I was under the impression that I would be able to balance my time - both here on site, and in real life - well enough to actually be able to finish said character.

As it turns out, taking one on on top of moving between states, looking for a new job, and operating as a Mod Lead (recently my duties include helping clean up the entire Multiverse, working on other site initiatives for the site rework, and hunting down a new Mod team) is harder than I expected.

Also factoring in that I missed the deadline, I'm going to have to drop this in pursuit of not necessarily better but more important ventures right now. I was looking forward to writing Toki, but oh well.

I'll have to save her story for another time.

Good luck, everybody. (I swear I'll write with you again sometime, Yoni, we haven't since the Blurry Lines days)

- Shu

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Will there be a thread we can put things like fanmixes in? I've got one for Yukina done and ready to go, Kou, Ren, and Matsuo are in the works.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 pm

Oh snap,

I didn't even think of that. Well, there shall definitely be a thread for that now! Thanks Mari! I'll make one here soon for it!

Ahem, also!!!

After much deliberation and scanning characters, I have decided my final cast for the roleplay. I felt that these characters would best fit the scenario I was going for, and will have a lot to add to the story and development. So, without further adieu,

Congratulations to!!
Yonbibuns
Taunbon
and
>Marionette<

Seriously guys, I loved your characters and what they can bring to this roleplay. That isn't, however, to say that the other characters weren't good, because they were. I just felt that these particular characters were the best fit. I'd like to thank everyone who applied. All of your characters were great!

To all accepted characters:
I will be updating the front page with an NPC thread here, soon, as well as a link to the pad where we can all do our collab posts! You know there will be some (and I personally think it helps out better). I'll also create a miscellaneous thread for your fanmixes, Mari! Guys, feel free to PM me about anything you might have concerns about!

I'm thinking a Monday start for this, what say ye all?

Edit: Also, Yonbi, Tau, both of your characters have very similar hex codes... I'm not sure if either of you want to change them or what not... it's up to you two :D

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 am

I can't wait to start!

Pssst: All of our characters should comment on how good Matsuo smells this is clearly a must, I mean what perfume does he use it must be pretty high end/// Coco Channel? Prada? Ralph Lauren?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:32 am

>Marionette< wrote:I can't wait to start!

Pssst: All of our characters should comment on how good Matsuo smells this is clearly a must, I mean what perfume does he use it must be pretty high end/// Coco Channel? Prada? Ralph Lauren?

Trade secret.

Edit: Changed Hexcode to #68228B, well, I am in the process of doing so. Dark Orchid, a type of purple I guess, which is funny cause I can't see purple. Just looks like blue to me, but you know, details.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 pm

No worries Tau. If you want to use a red color for Matsu, you can. I changed Yuki's hex to a green color. Anyways, I'm working on the first post for this so I'll be posting it either tonight, or sometime tomorrow morning before work... depending on whether or not sleep takes me first >>

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:21 am

Matsuo. You smell so nice. Is that Eau de la Tears of Your Enemies?
Trade secret? You mean, something that's been passed down for generations of your family?
I knew it.

Anyhow! Yaaay. I'm excited. Also, Shu. You better keep that promise. I'll be stalking waiting.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:37 am

@Eris: Oh, it is quite alright. I prefer this color, darker and easier to see. If I see you in the pad, I will do my best to lend you moral support as you do battle with the first post, a beast that can be quite difficult to slay.

@Yonbibun: Now, now, my dear friend, it would hardly do well to say my family taught me how to prepare the tears of mine enemies, would it? My, I would say that would suggest my family are rather dour fellows, always assuming I would have an abundance of enemies readily available to harvest from. While, I must admit, I do not always have faith in our society, one could hardly believe a family would raise a child in such a manner in this civilized age.

I do admit to a bit of embellishment on my part. If I were to give away the secrets to my, ahem, scent, I would hardly be special or the source of speculation anymore, and far be it for me to deny my good associates that pleasure.

A man must of a hint of mystery to spruce up one's life, after all, surely you would not begrudge me that little favor?

(Jez, now I have a desire to take part in a Victorian period RP.)

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eris on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:59 am

That's because Victorian RP's are romantic. And they're also very hard to come by >> was totally not originally going to create a roleplay based in 1886 Whitechapel murders of the Ripper chronicles <<

But anyways, yes. I agree that first posts can be a bit of a pain, but I'm like 1/4 of the way finished with the post! Okay maybe a little further than that, but we'll say 1/4 to stay on the good side :D Also, it might just be Matsu's natural b.o. in which case I don't know if I'd be worried or surprised <<

Eris
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:03 am

@Eris: Well, if you do make one, know you have a willing recruit in me. (Never read that series, but I would love to do a Victorian era rp)

:D It isn't, but that is one of those things you will have to get out of the character.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!