Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Virtual Tabletop and RPGateway, or "Crossing The Lines"

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Virtual Tabletop and RPGateway, or "Crossing The Lines"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanglier on Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 am

Basically I love the idea of RP Gateway, and I'm looking forward to translating my original campaign/worldbuilding work to this format. I am however, also a major tabletop gaming fan, and am looking to play or DM in a group. As I've no one in my area, I thought I'd put it out there! Here's the gist:

I can potentially take more than one group, but the groups need to be 4-6 available/flexible people. Availability with weekly regularity would be a must, for obvious reasons. I'm interested in a whole host of themes and settings, and I've got quite a bit of experience. Everything from 4th Ed D&D to Pathfinder, from Mutants and Masterminds to World of Darkness or Shadowrun.

You'd need (required):
--> Rulebooks for whatever system we'd be using (ebooks are easily available for most)
--> Skype, Ventrilo, or TeamSpeak (for voice chat, program decided on by the group)
--> Whatever (free) tabletop program we decide upon for rolls/battle-grid
--> A Good Attitude (Respect yo'self! na na na na na na...)
--> A Strong Stomach (if there are vampires, they won't sparkle)
--> Commitment (Be more like Arthur Pendragon, and less like Arthur Fonzarelli)
--> A Sense Of Humour (and yeah, we made up English, it has a "u". Not English, but Humour. You know what I mean.)

I will only be able to take a limited number of people, so if you want to get in on it be sure and tell me! We may even do a campaign in Earthsong, my first RPGateway RP setting (still somewhat under construction) or one of the others I hope to potentially translate into this format.

I can't wait to hear what people think, and I'd love the chance to further get to know y'all. I'm told that you're a pretty nice bunch, and I'm hoping this will be one avenue of such. :)

My Skype ID: dmrannn.harquen
My E-mail: dmrannn@gmail.com
My Opiate: Storytelling

- Nate "Sanglier"

P.S. ...is just silly, because we don't have to hand-craft paper, and we don't write with ink. Therefore, we really don't need post-script notes... It's basically a passive-aggressive non sequitor. Wrap your mind around it. Wrap it! Wrap it I say!

Bwahahaha. You totally wrapped it.
What were we talking about?
Goshdarn my AD...Ooo, shiny.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sanglier
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!