Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to the Light

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Welcome to the Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alyssakathleen on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:10 am

There is nothing to discover, nothing to know; the world is perfection with no where to go.

They say it's perfect now, there is nothing to worry about. They know that there is no God, they know the universe began with the Big Bang, they know how love begins and they know how to cure cancer. They have found the biggest prime number, explored the bottom of the ocean, explored the other universes and decided we are the only dimension. They have ruled that life is not linear, like Einstein said, and told us not to worry about time. They told us not to worry about anything because there was nothing they did not know.

They called the years before this the 'Dark Age,' the time that we didn't know anything and were plagued with questions. They said those who still choose to live in the dark, The Resistance, are those who cannot understand the progress of the light. They say now we are 'Enlightened' and that it is okay to no longer worry about anything. They told us to have fun, that they knew everything we needed to know.

Two plus two still equals four, but E does not equal MC squared.

They say they know who is our most suitable match, when we are the most mature, how emotions will work and the best way to look and act. They know how many children we should have: 3 for each pair to sustain the population. They figured out how to be sustainable and how to live with the environment. They decided what was morally acceptable like how they decided that abortions are not okay, but homosexuality was a scientific issue (not a choice). They know what is needed to know and there should be no questions asked because they all have answers.

The world is perfection, they say.

So, then what about those who resist? Who think that perfection is impossible, a fallacy? What then for them? They find the Resistance and they learn again what it is like to think. The Resistance, a secret society based out of the new world. They live in the Dark and are not 'Enlightened.' They spend days balancing chores as well as reading, writing, creating music, writing plays, solving problems as doctors, authors, composers, philosophers and much more. So then, how? How will they return the world to darkness of the truth versus the harshness of the light?

This is just the general idea of the roleplay, but I really want to focus on the resistance. The setting is a city called Artemisia, the City of Lights. The 'they' referred to above is the leaders of those who are Enlightened called the 'Brain Trust' as in a play off of FDR's Brain Trust.

I prefer paragraph posts and the roleplay should be NC-17, so sex is allowed. However, let's follow the rules and make sure it isn't smut. Um, yeah. The ultimate goal is take down the Brain Trust and get rid of the notion that we know everything. So please let me know!

For my character, I was thinking a resistance character who is actually in the Brain Trust.

For your character profile please include:
Name
Role (As in resistance, enlightened or Brain Trust.)
Description (I also prefer non-anime photos. Sorry :/)
Personality
History
Anything else you feel necessary.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

alyssakathleen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Re: Welcome to the Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anything14 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 pm

This sounds wickedly awesome XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

anything14
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!