Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What should I do when my RP-partner ran away ?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What should I do when my RP-partner ran away ?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shattered*Heart on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 am

Okay. So I had a RP partner. What I meant by "RP-partner" is his character and my character were in love (that's how the plot going) and our characters used to ran together because idiot plot said so.
(Keep on mind that this is PG-13).
He was the one who chose me as his partner in the first place when he could choose someone else to play this character.
Me and him used to talk on pm talked about how our characters would do in the RP. because of that, someone thought there was "something" between us.
I dunno how bout him but myself felt a little feeling at him. I don't mean I LOVE him coz internet love isn't my life, but it was very nice to talk to him and we used to talk everyday. I liked to talk to him, that's all.

Too bad, then somehow our characters separated from each others in the RP, and there was no way to back for a moment.
He PM'ed me for few days and acted so nice, seemed like he didn't want his character to be apart from mine, and on PM's he tried to give a way for my character to back to his, but I realized the way didn't fit the RP.
If I made my character go on his way, it would ruin the RP, and I would seem like god-modding or whatever it's name. It didn't mean I don't want my character to back to his, but I want to do it slowly to fit the plot in the RP.
Maybe I said things wrong to him or he got it wrong.
Maybe I explained things wrong to my friend; like I said I like him (but actually "like" as I like to talk to him, not as I "want an internet bf"), and my friends said it back to him.
My friend also doesn’t let me to fall for him, because she really cares about me and she said she doesn’t wanna see me hurt.
But then my RP-partner suddenly ran away, suddenly ignored my PM's and suddenly "taking a break" from the RP. And also with the friend who I mentioned above.
What I meant by "taking a break" is he still come around (sometimes) but he never look at into our RP again.

I feel left. He seemed either fed up with me or fed up with other friends.
And I don’t wanna PM him coz if I PM him he'd think I "love" him or chasing him.
And then the GM told me that he's going to replace my RP-partner's position, and the GM asked me WHO I will choose to replace him.
I know, for the sake of our RP, I should let someone else take his role. But I can't.
I feel like I'm betraying him if I do, remembering that he choose me when he had a chance to chose someone else.
Also I feel like I'm betraying him if I post again in the RP since he left.
So what should I do now ? Shall I let the GM takes his role ? But the GM already got another role who was close with my character too.
The GM is my best friend too but I really feel like I'm betraying my RP-partner if I let someone else role his part.
Shall I stop posting and wait until he's back ? Maybe someday he'll be back when he feels ready ?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shattered*Heart
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Re: What should I do when my RP-partner ran away ?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

LOL I'm sorry, but this is just too funny not to laugh at. However, you should consider the fact that you were 'betrayed' and 'lied' to. The male left on his own accord and sounds like from nothing of your own fault. He abandoned you, not the other way around; especially given that he wanted you specifically. Personally, forget the egg-head and progress with the RP by any means necessary. At this point, his feelings shouldn't matter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:33 am

Why the fuck do I feel like I just logged into Dawson's Creek instead of RolePlayGateway?

If your RP-partner leaves you, just kill the mo'fo and move on (this includes killing him irl if you get the chance) and carrying on. Unless of course, the character he played was like... detrimental to the RP, in which case... LOL YOU'RE PRETTY FUCKED!

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Ari~ on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:27 am

I know how you feel, that's why I avoid character relationships anymore as best as possible, one reason is the person doesn't want to continue the RP, and takes the idiot way out and ignores it, instead of just saying I don't want to continue this RP anymore, or the person was just another arse using someone to help build up his over sized ego, I probably don't know the person so I shouldn't say that, also it might be that they are having some hardships on the sight with the recent IC troll problem which sadly no on can do nothing about, I would just say move on with you're life, if you like you're character allot, give them some time, like a week or so, then edit the char to the point where it was like they never met so you can continue to enjoy rping as that said char ^^

~Ari~
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!