Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Workings of Infinity

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Workings of Infinity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:46 pm

I'll be putting many of my written works and other prose here, so please feel free to comment on what I have to offer. They're a mixture of poems, short stories, and other just general things I've written over time that I wish to share with the rest of you. Being a lover of the art, I have to say that I love generally sharing what comes from the heart and mind, and so I'd love to hear what you all have to say about what I've shared with you all. Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Infinity
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Sky is Crying—

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Infinity wrote:In a field of unyielding calm, the waves and sea of never ending emeralds and jade danced as the breeze raced over it, the grace of the ever warm sun shined down upon the place, making it almost seemed more enchanting than was really entailed. Utter Serenity. However, cries of old battles, blood split, and many a death tainted the ground, tainted the feel of peace and yet...mixed well for balance. Dismal Destruction. On top it this, there lay the blanket of old and ancient tales that would easily fill the pages of a parchment sown book, many more to come after it. The choices that played out, the very ideals and thoughts still held within. Such rule over a kingdom...such power over they army...such leadership over the people...and still being able to make choices of utmost pleasure to everyone. Pure Wisdom. Three completely different sides to the human being, but also one in the same.

"Without Destruction...there can be no Serenity...without Serenity...there can be no Wisdom."

Words of structure. Words that one could live by if the effort needed is put forth. But, how does one characteristic complete the other? How do they all mix into one being to make up a whole? They compliment each other in the simplest ways...yet...most are too blind in which they do not see these ways of bonding. This why the Wind of Closure does exist. Being the unity of all three. Being the force that uses the Wisdom at times when trials do not require any such form of hate, Serenity in the times when things have been torn asunder, left in the ruins of despair...then...Destruction; arising in the times of brutality...leaving a trail of death behind but still being able to control it...using it whenever it is truly necessary. Closure is the end to all things. The unified power of these three units that flourish brilliantly all their own. The controlled song and dance in which all three Winds combine in one perfect form.

"Those that step within my House of Closure will find the training necessary to bare the burden of Destruction, handle the position of Wisdom, and weave the splendor of Serenity. I shall teach you what you need to know as long as you have the willingness to learn and broaden the catacombs of your mind. You will learn the ways in which to control your Destructive urge, learn to carve your thoughts into those that walk Wisdom's path, and learn what it means to have Serenity in thyself as well as all around you. However, learning is not enough to get you by. Acquired such information and putting it into use are two different stories. I am the Wind of Closure...and I shall be your beginning and end."
Last edited by Infinity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Infinity wrote:To be gone...to just disappear...
From the world...from existence, so dear...
To escape into the unknown....the unseen...
A thought so harmless....yet cruel and mean....
Isolation...peaceful and bliss...
Not here, nor there...nothing to miss...
To vanish away...not leaving a sound...
Bittersweet music....so deeply profound...
A flower stripped of petals....a burden to bear...
The seeds fall down...dead...and wont flourish here...
Drifting on the wind...the last note of a song....
Simply does it vanish....forever gone....

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Infinity wrote:Each word is art.
Each thought is pure.
Where to start?
I'm not sure.
But all I know,
And all I will do...
Is write out the words
To share with you

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:51 am

Infinity wrote:"I am in a cage.
The bars...oh how they press in tight.
Around my neck a leash squeezes, choking out my rage.
Shackles on my wrists bind me down...
No matter how I struggle with will and might.

Freedom. That is all I want, all that I crave.
Is there anyone to help me, anyone so brave?
The soul inside me that holds no peace,
Cries, "open up the door and let me be free!"

Leash made of metal which bites into my skin.
Garnet liquid dripping down my body like tears of sin.
I will never escape. I will never see the world.
My master just laughs, the sound being cruel.

I want to be alive. I want to be free.
My soul wants to sing, but doesn't know the melody.
I wish to be in light instead of the dark.
I wish to hear again the beat of my heart.
Breathe into me. Someone give me life.
Please, someone help me get through this strife.

What have I done that you cannot forgive?
Why can't I have my one chance to live?
All I want is this leash cut away...
These chains to be gone.
The iron bars to just fade...
And to have my chance of freedom.

But, alas, I'm still in this cage...
The bars...oh how they continue to press in tight.
And still around my neck, a leash squeezes, choking out my rage.
Shackles will always bind me,
No matter how I struggle...with all my will and might.
So I watch in envy as the light embraces some,
For I will always be in the dark...
With not one opportunity of freedom."

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 am

Infinity wrote:Like the first snow in winter
Or a blossom in spring
I'm just a memory
But still a magical thing.
Like a thought in your mind
Or something that happened early in time
I'm just a memory
But also a piece of history.
If you forget or if you remember
I'm not just a memory
I'm eternal and forever.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Empirical on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Infinity wrote:
Infinity wrote:In a field of unyielding calm, the waves and sea of never ending emeralds and jade danced as the breeze raced over it, the grace of the ever warm sun shined down upon the place, making it almost seemed more enchanting than was really entailed. Utter Serenity. However, cries of old battles, blood split, and many a death tainted the ground, tainted the feel of peace and yet...mixed well for balance. Dismal Destruction. On top it this, there lay the blanket of old and ancient tales that would easily fill the pages of a parchment sown book, many more to come after it. The choices that played out, the very ideals and thoughts still held within. Such rule over a kingdom...such power over they army...such leadership over the people...and still being able to make choices of utmost pleasure to everyone. Pure Wisdom. Three completely different sides to the human being, but also one in the same.

"Without Destruction...there can be no Serenity...without Serenity...there can be no Wisdom."

Words of structure. Words that one could live by if the effort needed is put forth. But, how does one characteristic complete the other? How do they all mix into one being to make up a whole? They compliment each other in the simplest ways...yet...most are too blind in which they do not see these ways of bonding. This why the Wind of Closure does exist. Being the unity of all three. Being the force that uses the Wisdom at times when trials do not require any such form of hate, Serenity in the times when things have been torn asunder, left in the ruins of despair...then...Destruction; arising in the times of brutality...leaving a trail of death behind but still being able to control it...using it whenever it is truly necessary. Closure is the end to all things. The unified power of these three units that flourish brilliantly all their own. The controlled song and dance in which all three Winds combine in one perfect form.

"Those that step within my House of Closure will find the training necessary to bare the burden of Destruction, handle the position of Wisdom, and weave the splendor of Serenity. I shall teach you what you need to know as long as you have the willingness to learn and broaden the catacombs of your mind. You will learn the ways in which to control your Destructive urge, learn to carve your thoughts into those that walk Wisdom's path, and learn what it means to have Serenity in thyself as well as all around you. However, learning is not enough to get you by. Acquired such information and putting it into use are two different stories. I am the Wind of Closure...and I shall be your beginning and end."

This one best fits my tastes. I like the metaphorical use you chose, it's eloquent.

Empirical
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 am

Empirical wrote:
Infinity wrote:

This one best fits my tastes. I like the metaphorical use you chose, it's eloquent.

Thank you. That was something that came directly from the heart but ended up being a major part of the piece itself. Thanks, much appreciated.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Empirical on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Ah, genuine works are the best kind; masterpieces of the soul. How long have you been writing?

Empirical
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 pm

I've been writing for about seven years, and been roleplaying for about three to four years.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Empirical on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 pm

It's been a little over four years for me writing wise. Roleplay scene spans roughly over five years.

Empirical
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Infinity wrote:Candle of lavender and vanilla, sweet scent, delicious aroma. Soothing thoughts going through the mind for a minute or two, especially if this girl is someone like you. Young girl, age of 19 years, sits near the window on a sunset colored eve, gazing through the frost covered glass out to the snow. Tresses of auburn hair cupping around a sleek, slender face, cascading down her neck, shoulders, and back to end in soft curls. Her eyes were of purple variety, mixes of dark and light, swirling around towards the center, making the beauty stand out much more. Slender body, frame of elegance, hands like gorgeous sculptures, and features that would take away the breath of any man who happened to glance upon such rare, unique beauty. However, on this particular night, there was no man to hold her, no man to cherish her beauty, no one to whisper in her ear causing laughter to bubble, the sound being of chimes or of bells. It was the time of World War II that this girl lived in, her husband being away at war, her fear of his death an everlasting fragment of her heart, throbbing with a bit of pain each time a car pulled up, she not knowing if he was going to come out, the pain instantly dying down when his face came forward, a brilliant smile shaping his lips.

This time, it seemed to be different. The arrival of her husband was taking longer than usual and this only added to the feeling of things going wrong in that day for the power was out, the house darkened with the exception of candlelight littered everywhere. The snow was coming down harder making it difficult to see past the frost that painted the window white, the lonely feeling causing the heart to ache with the need to have him home, to have him comfort that pain away. All that was there to really give this girl some kind of warmth, was the small, flicking flame of a candle. The way it moved, the way it danced reminded her of when they used to dance together, sometimes the dance being slow and other times the movement of there bodies intertwining in time with each other. Memories of the time that was spent apart also seemed to dance within this flame, memories that hadn’t thought in a very long time. With pen still in hand, the tip barely touching the parchment, ink beginning to fall in crystal black drops, breaking on contact with the paper, she simply stared into this candles flame, watching the life that it had, watching how it seemed to enjoy doing its dance. Not really talking any notice as the time went by, this small, luminous, glowing body seemed to grow, stretch, and take on the shape of person, the flames that licked her arms mixing with the length of her hair. So, sitting there, letting her mind wander, she watched the candle, the light getting bright, as it danced…watched as it came alive….

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Empirical on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Exquisite picture it painted, the girl sounds like how I would have described some of my older characters. You just wrote that this evening?

Empirical
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:51 pm

I wrote that awhile back, and happened to have found it on my drive.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Empirical on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Ah. Have you considered having your works published?

Empirical
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:37 pm

"Listen dear traveler, listen carefully.
I am the voice from thy history.
Do not be afraid, come and follow me.
If thy will answer my call, I will set thee free."

These are the words whispered to him, calling to his heart, pulling at the depths of his soul. Where are they coming from? Who is speaking them with such a beautiful voice that draws him closer to hear more? He knows not where to look. "Where are you my angel? Where are you my nymph? Should I look for thee in song or in a book?" With all these questions, he still does not get an answer. he only gets the embrace of the wind that he seems to chase after. Upon the nights visit, his mind passed into dreams. This is where the maiden is then seen. Twirling spinning, her feet stepping lightly on the ground as she moves on her toes. The sound of silk hugging her body draws and captures his attention. Her arms arched gracefully over her head, the breeze lifting the silk about her arms as if the silk were nothing but pieces or wisps of wind themselves. Her eyes glowed like light behind diamonds and her smile would hypnotize any sort of man. Her body seemed to shimmer as she had oils upon her skin while her hair danced around her slender, soft face.

As she danced, he drew near, his face holding fascination. He was awestruck by such beauty and wondered if something like her could really exists. He must have been lost in his thoughts, the paths crisscrossing throughout his mind, for his feet had carried the soul and heart of his body towards her. Looking upon this young male's face, her gaze held nothing but welcome and invitation as she continued to sway to the whistling of the wind.

"Hello dear traveler, how handsome thou are.
My name is Windora and thou has come to me.
My breeze will be your wings. My words, your guide.
All that I ask of thee is to come dance with me."

She said, her voice being gentle and soft. The breeze in turn touched his face, his bronze colored skin, feeling like a soft kiss from a lover. Reaching out his hand, he didn't notice his feet begin to lift from the ground, the wind swirling around him, holding tight yet gently as if the wind was a mother holding her child. She then bent down, her luscious white hair falling about her shoulder, and took his hand in hear. The instant their palms met, the wind swirled up around them in a gentle caress, feeling like the petals of a rose to a girls lips. Their bodies entwined in perfect harmony. Her's, being the lovely sweet notes of a song and his, being the instruments that play the music. They danced until the morning's dawn bathed the land in warmth and light, its shine breaking over the tops of the trees. When the sun hit her skin, she seemed to become transparent. It was her time to go and he could tell as the smile on her face held sadness as well as her eyes. The wind stopped its swirling caress, setting his feet back onto the ground. Without saying a word, she placed a kiss on his cheek and vanished away with the breeze. This is when he seemed to wake up. He opened his eyes, sighing with content, and watch as the wind danced with the leaves.....

......As the wind danced with the leaves, the sunlight made them glitter. They twirled about, the wind saying its goodbye, and sailed to the ground. The moment they touched the light brown soil, he reached out his hand to cradle them to his chest. No words left his soft, light green colored lips. Only a smile and glowing green eyes were the things that seemed to really speak at all. The leaves shivered, feeling his presence. His smile grew and his heart filled with joy of his creation that he didn't sense the human female watching his tender movements. She was amazed at how careful he was, at how someone with so much strength could be so caring and gentle. Wanting to get closer to him, she stepped quietly on the path, moving like a deer towards him. This is when he sensed her and turned his head, catching the scent of lilacs and lavender. As she drew near, he waited patiently, the smile never leaving his kind face.

When she reached him, a gasp escaped her cherry colored lips. It wasn't in fear that made her gasp, but the sight of his almost darkly intimidating, yet handsome features. Seeing the female look upon him so, he held out his hand, palm turned upward. After a few moments his palm started to glow. Another gasp come from her as the stem, holding a sapphire bud, arose slowly. When the flower had fully grown from out of his palm, it revolved around in a slow circle. The bud, oh the precious, sweet sapphire bud, opened to reveal its treasure of beauty. His gaze went to her shocked face then back to the rose. He then held out his hand, the rose shining in the sun, and offered it to her. Not knowing what else to do, she took the gift and held it close to her heart, taking in it's sweet fragrance.

Watching this sight brought warmth to his heart and made his smile grow even more. He stepped closer to her and she to him as if their souls spoke, telling them to do so. He held her near within his embrace, not wanting to let her go. But upon the night's arrival, she slipped away, only to light a candle. She lit the candle, watching the flames dance, the minutes passing her by. She then got up to go back to him, saying the words, "Good night, Kuya" and left as the flames flickered....

....And as the flames flickered in the nights cool air, they stretched, grew, and spread. They formed her face, they formed her body, then her fiery threads. She opened her eyes, took her first breath, and then began to dance. Her flaming hair licked at her arms as they arched over her head. Her hips, they swayed left and right, while her feet stomped out the rhythm. One, two, step. Three, four, sway, oh how she moved her body. The passion, it burned within her eyes as well as her soul and mind. She kept up the pace to the tribal beat, not having a care. The pace then slowed and almost stopped as her gaze fell upon his face. The light from the flames made his skin look fare. However, the look in his eyes is what held her attention. He was in a trance from watching her move, the fire of her body in his eye's reflection. His face was drawn in as if he were deep in thought, his chin resting on his intertwined fingers. His arms, long and slender, rested upon his knees. No words came from his rose colored lips while he sat and watched her danced.

"Is there something you wish to say, young mortal?
For I only have until dawn.
Not many get to see Embrosia's dance.
They only hear of it through song."

The fire elemental's words rang in his mind. He felt as if he were sipping on sweet nectar or maybe red wine. But the meaning of her words were very clear. This was his only chance to see such a sight and he wasn't going to let it slip by. So, getting up, his body stretching, he took up a closer seat. He didn't care for the flames that were nea, with their blistering heat. He wanted to see her dance once again to that tribal beat. One, two, step. Three, four, sway. Oh how she moved her body. Watching her dance drew him deeper into his trance as she moved like a gypsy. The flames from her hair went down to her hands, swirling around her palms. She gripped the strands and bent her body, bowing her head down. Then, swaying back up, she moved her hands around her body, the flames now made into a fiery shawl.

And thus she continued with her dance, her eyes closed as she felt the movements. Her graceful hands touched her skin, traveling up her neck, and into the flaming strands of her hair. Her hips swayed more, teasing and drawing him closer. Opening her eyes, she could see what he wanted...what he most desired. He wanted to touch, he wanted to kiss, wanted to feel her embrace. But, the dawn was soon coming, she could feel the sting on her back. So, with light steps, she danced around him, letting him feel her heat. Stopping in front of him, she bends down ever so slightly and presses her lips to his. She then pulled away and danced towards the stream, leaving him sitting there with the burning sensation of her kiss. Looking up into the wild wood, he didn't see her at all and wondered if he would ever get the chance to again.

But, at the streams body, the sounds of moaning coming from its mouth, she stood at the shore... almost motionless. Then, turning about, she lifted up onto her toes and arched her arms over her head yet again. Her body then began to shrink, waving...swaying...dancing about as she became the candles flame once more. The stream rushed by this candle, feeling its presence at the shore. Without hesitation, it splashed to the side, and put the candles flame out, leaving a trail of sparkling drops.....

....A trail of sparkling drops that glittered, shimmered, and shined. If you were to stare at them long enough, looking through the suns glare, you might mistake them for crystals or jewels. They sat there for a little while, colors shifting inside them. Then the finger tips of a fragile, small hand of a child reached out, touched the small drops with her fingertips. On contact with her skin, they licked at her fingers. As she pulled her hand away the drops stuck to her skin, like sap to a tree, and she giggled. The sound of the giggle weaved its way into the tresses of the stream, through the tiny waves, going to his home. In the water the sound rang like church bells or maybe played like the song of a mocking bird. Maybe, just maybe, it sounded like the soothing sound of chimes in the breeze, he did not know which, but this seemed to awaken his playful spirit.

Sapphire, crystal like orbs opened to glimpse the sunshine swimming through the water...his home. Oh how it shines when the sun hits the surface just right. His thoughts went back to the sound he had heard as the child giggled again. She was now playing in his arms, not having a care in the world. To be so young, to be so free is what he wished for most. As this feeling ran through his heart, his body took its shape. His face, his arms, his hands then came after and with the sunshine beating through his stream, he looked like a ghost. Looking up with those sapphire jewels, he made his way to her. He rushed through the currents and jumped up high, appearing before her eyes. She screamed with fright and then excitement at his entrance, a smile framing upon her tiny lips, her face holding wonder.

Jumping up once again, he shifting into the shape of a dolphin, wanting to please her. She sat there along the shore of the stream, watching him jump and clapped her hands, giggling once more and reached out her hand. Glass like droplets hung from the soft pads of her fingers, falling like rain back into his stream as he went over to her. He raised up his arm, the water shaping into a hand, and held it out to her with his palm facing towards the sky. With child like curiosity, she reached out further to take a hold of it. He wanted her to come play with him in his home, his life, but knew that wouldn't happen. So, there he stayed, doing tricks for her and watched as she laughed. His heart filled with joy at such a sight and his spirit felt light as a feather. He didn't want this to end.

Without realizing how the time went by, the end of the day came upon them suddenly, hugging their shoulders with shadows and warmth. The sky above the pair was littered with colors and the moon looked like a wolf's eye. He didn't want her to leave, but needed to let her go. So, floating over, he whispered good night then sent her on her way. He watched until the night swallowed her up, his hand waving goodbye. And then, sighing with utter happiness, he dove back into the sapphire depths of his stream, ending the dance of the elements.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Bars of iron, cage of coldest steel.
Meant for animals with no free will.
If this be true then why am I
Stuck in this cell, cold as ice?
Sunlight does not touch me here for there are to windows.
No one shall hear my cries no matter how loud I bellow.
May the gods help the one that keeps me locked away.
All hell shall soon break loose, spoiling their day.
I still long to be free from this place.
But the master still holds the key, still laughing in my face.
The master’s life will fade and so too will that smile…
Garnet liquid will stain my hands, laughter sounding all the while.
Freedom will be my gift when the master is gone.
The knife, also stained red, will tell of my tormented song.
People ask if I’m worried about getting caught…
I simply smile to tell them that I’m not.

Bars of iron, cage of coldest steel.
Meant for animals with no free will.
If this be true then stop and see…
This cage no longer cages me.
My master had died from a knife to the heart.
And I just smile…at one with the dark.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Re: Workings of Infinity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Color me blue as deep as the ocean.
Color me blue as light as the sky.
Watch me bloom, what me blossom,
I'll be watching you with dew drop eyes.

Splash me with yellow like the sun.
Splash me with yellow like a daisy.
Let's smile, laugh, and have some fun,
Forget your fears and go crazy.

Paint me pink like blushing cheeks.
Paint me pink like a floral design.
Look to the sky for my special wink.
Sunrise and sunset are my times to shine.

Spray me purple like juicy grapes.
Spray me purple like soft velvet.
Look at the threads turn to satin drapes,
Such a soft fabric to be felt.

Turn me white like clouds overhead.
Turn me white as that of a lily.
Dive into sheets that cover the bed.
Give love and kisses, oh so sweet and silly.

Dye me red like strawberry lips.
Dye me red as an apples skin.
Kiss the petals, soft, like this.
With the kiss of a rose, feel the poison set in.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Dusk to Dawn

The sun seethes brightly with the dawn
To shatter clear the night.
Whilst the moon waits patient to rise long
And perish at sun's light.

The twilight seeps as evening falls
Its skies as dark as dusk.
Before dawn's birth and birds' shrill calls
The skies are empty husks.

Beneath the sun's most wrathful light
We see a murder placed.
There was no struggle, no bloody fight -
We prayed to go with grace.

The moon's light guided - so we saw
A shadow steal and kill.
It slipped in and out, escaped the law
And witnesses were still.

At midday thus the sun burns bold
And sets aflame the world to ash.
At midnight then the moon is cold
Though its light remains steadfast.

Though the sun glows ever bright at dawn
And the moon may light the night,
Even so the world is wronged
When lit by watchful light.

Infinity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Wow, you sure do have a lot of interesting writing! I've been coming back to read portions repeatedly, but I didn't want to comment until I had read it all. You're a beautiful writer. =) It's nice to see time and care put into works, but I must admit that the last is, by far, my favorite of all! =D I truly can't wait to read more of your work. It's an enjoyable read, to say the least.
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!