Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

About Creating Characters

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

About Creating Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 pm

So, I've been trying to navigate this site for the last couple days, and I find myself confused and a little overwhelmed. I still have no clue how to access certain parts of the site, and I don't know what others mean (for instance, what's the difference between The Roleplay Tab and Play-by-Post Roleplay?).

Most importantly, there's a little tab thing designated for my characters, but I have no clue how to create characters so that they will appear them. Do I just submit them to the roleplay, and will they automatically show up when I post them there? I have no idea.

Please help!

-Velvet
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: About Creating Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Lady Velvet wrote:So, I've been trying to navigate this site for the last couple days, and I find myself confused and a little overwhelmed. I still have no clue how to access certain parts of the site, and I don't know what others mean (for instance, what's the difference between The Roleplay Tab and Play-by-Post Roleplay?).

Most importantly, there's a little tab thing designated for my characters, but I have no clue how to create characters so that they will appear them. Do I just submit them to the roleplay, and will they automatically show up when I post them there? I have no idea.

Please help!

-Velvet

Roleplay Tabs work in combination with the chat room the site has. It's a very easy way to get your roleplay noticed and for other roleplayers to find it.

Post-by-Post forum roleplaying is where you manually create the threads for your roleplay. After that you wait (which is generally longer than using the tab system) for people to sign up through the OOC thread you made or through PMs they send you.

To have your characters show up you must submit characters to a Roleplay Tab, such as the Multiverse, in order for your character to even show up. So yes, just submit a character to a roleplay's tab, such as the Multiverse, and once it is approved you will see it in your personal My Characters tab. Do note that some roleplays don't require your character to be approved, like the Multiverse, and allow you to just jump into the thick of roleplaying.

Quick note though about the Multiverse: A lot of the people that roleplay in it use the chat room. So if you want details on how to use the chat room then I suggest you find the link to it at the top of your page and click it (or open a new tab). Ask people in OOC (Out Of Character) how to switch chat channels/rooms and how to go IC (In Character).

Hope I helped.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: About Creating Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:05 am

Thank you very much. That did help a lot. I think the rest of the things I'm confused about will clear up once I start actually roleplaying.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!