Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Adopt a What-If!

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Adopt a What-If!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm

I...I have no idea where this topic goes. It's kind of related to RP, but it's sort of like a game, and these aren't RP ideas to sign up for...so I just shoved it here. If one of you sexy mods think this topic belongs somewhere else, then yeah move it and stuff.

Anyways, this topic is based off of a coolio NaNoWriMo topic of the same name. I was reading it over for nostalgia purposes and I thought, hey, couldn't this stuff be useful for RPs?

So, here we are! These what-ifs can help you come up with creative plots, quirky characters, strange situations, and unique locations for your RPs.

If you adopt a what if, be sure to say so! Of course, it's not like we'll eat your face off if you don't. It's just a what-if, right?

...But what if it wasn't?

I'm a little pressed for time, so I'll just copy and paste the what-if's I suggested there on page two (most of which I've already used for my own silly stories by now lol) and add a couple more (and by a couple I mean a lot):

• What if a god or other otherworldly being randomly started texting/chatting with you out of boredom?
  • What if you came home from work/school to find an otherworldly being just chillin' in your house?
  • What if you, a normal citizen of Earth, were an adviser to a god?
  • What if your friends got whisked away to some cool magical dimension full of adventure right in front of you...when that was always your dream come true?
  • What if an alien parked in your driveway and asked to use your phone?
  • What if you turned out to be the imaginary friend of your imaginary friend?
  • What if your imaginary friend was capable of physically interacting with others, but still couldn't be seen, heard, etc. (so kind of like a ghost)?
  • What if you were randomly given magical powers one day...but you couldn't really do anything with them because everyone else was normal and there weren't any bad guys to fight?
  • What if someone arrived at your door and gave proof that they had bought your soul online?
  • What if you got to tour all of the different afterlives after death? What if you were the tour guide?
  • What if everything outside of your house spontaneously stopped existing?
  • What if magical beings are all over the place, but you're the only one who can see them? What if they keep bothering you while you're in the middle of writing your novel RP? ):<
  • What if your most valuable possession became human?
  • What if you had an out-of-body experience...and couldn't get back in?
  • What if everyone left Earth for space...but you got left behind?
  • What if you could talk to insects (or some other physical thing that can't speak), but you were horribly afraid of them?
  • What if you and your reflection switched places?
  • What if you were a villain and your plan to take over the world actually worked? Your plan to destroy it (assuming you were watching from another planet/space)?
  • What if inanimate objects started talking to you about their life problems?
  • What if every little thing you thought became reality, and you couldn't control it?
  • What if you woke up one morning next to a stranger...who wasn't human?
  • What if you woke up one morning and became one of your OCs?
  • What if you woke up one morning and became one of your favorite canon characters?
  • What if mythical creatures had all of their fabled weaknesses, but none of their supposed strengths?
  • What if every day you woke up as a different person?
  • What if every piece of jewelry you owned made people treat you different (wearing a certain necklace makes everyone love you, a certain ring makes them all hate you, a certain bracelet makes them all ignore you, etc.)?
  • What if aliens invaded Earth...but they just wanted to hang out?
  • What if a teenager went off to go save the world...and so did every other teenager in the world?
  • What if the villain offered the hero to join them...and the hero said yes?
  • What if the hero refused the call in the first place?
  • What if the villain succeeded, took over the world, and life was better for everyone?
  • What if food transformed your character into different things?
  • What if you got kidnapped by the you from an alternate dimension?
  • What if God (or some other almighty being of your choosing) proved His existence and gave humanity a week to get their shit straight?
  • What if you could control an element...of the periodic table? (Inspired by someone's sig because yes.)
  • What if people were assigned to be a hero, villain, or 'innocent citizen' at a certain age with complete disregard for personalities and capabilities?
  • What if Milhouse became a meme?
  • What if someone made an RP where memes (Rage Guy comics people, Mudkips, Nyan Cat, Rick Astley, lolcats, Rebecca Black, Scumbag Steve, Advice Dog, Inglip, Philosoraptor, etc.) lived under one roof?
  • ^ someone make that shit happen ^
  • What if this happened?

GO GO GO

My Ballin' RPs:
A Field :: A Field + You + Testing
Lila :: TWEWY + Inception + Higurashi + LOST + Almighty Beings + MAGIC BALLS + Crossovers + LSD
Maple Manor :: Maid Outfits + RPG Rules + Plumbing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Adopt a What-If!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

You asked me to. So I did.

What if a god or other otherworldly being randomly started texting/chatting with you out of boredom? "Sup Jesus?"
What if you came home from work/school to find an otherworldly being just chillin' in your house? "Sup Jesus?"
What if you, a normal citizen of Earth, were an adviser to a god? "You know those tornadoes? Cut that shit out, bro."
What if your friends got whisked away to some cool magical dimension full of adventure right in front of you...when that was always your dream come true? "..Fuck."
What if an alien parked in your driveway and asked to use your phone? "Sure, go ahead. Just don't, you know, go anywhere near my anus."
What if you turned out to be the imaginary friend of your imaginary friend? -explodes-
What if your imaginary friend was capable of physically interacting with others, but still couldn't be seen, heard, etc. (so kind of like a ghost)? There would be tons of people molested by a ghost. Except he isn't a ghost.
What if you were randomly given magical powers one day...but you couldn't really do anything with them because everyone else was normal and there weren't any bad guys to fight? INSTILL FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF THOSE THAT THINK I'M WEAK. Profit.
What if someone arrived at your door and gave proof that they had bought your soul online? Steal their soul.
What if you got to tour all of the different afterlives after death? What if you were the tour guide? "Sup Satan?" and "Okay, children, please don't fall off the boat. There's no returning to Earth once you fall in the River of the Damned."
What if everything outside of your house spontaneously stopped existing? "..Fuck."
What if magical beings are all over the place, but you're the only one who can see them? What if they keep bothering you while you're in the middle of writing your novel RP? People would think I'm crazy. Which they already do so whatevs. "CAN'T YOU SEE I'M WRITING HERE?"
What if your most valuable possession became human? My bass guitar would be a sexy lady, my computer would be a sexy lady, and my hat would be the coolest bro that's ever existed in brodom.
What if you had an out-of-body experience...and couldn't get back in? "..Fuck."
What if everyone left Earth for space...but you got left behind? "..Fuck."
What if you could talk to insects (or some other physical thing that can't speak), but you were horribly afraid of them? Get over my fear and chill with them.
What if you and your reflection switched places? "..Fuck."
What if you were a villain and your plan to take over the world actually worked? Your plan to destroy it (assuming you were watching from another planet/space)? "Aww yeeeeeaaaaaah." and my plan to destroy the planet would be to not to destroy it. But I get them to pay me ransom because they think I will destroy it. Silly normal people.
What if inanimate objects started talking to you about their life problems? "Shut the fuck up, Mr. Bowl."
What if every little thing you thought became reality, and you couldn't control it? You don't even want to know. Seriously, you don't.
What if you woke up one morning next to a stranger...who wasn't human? "Sup?"
What if you woke up one morning and became one of your OCs? That would be cool. As long as it wasn't one of the ones I hated.
What if you woke up one morning and became one of your favorite canon characters? Depending on the character I'd be like, "Aww yeeeeaaaaah" or "..Oh dear god."
What if mythical creatures had all of their fabled weaknesses, but none of their supposed strengths? "Well, that's lame as hell."
What if every day you woke up as a different person? Fuck with people's minds. Profit.
What if every piece of jewelry you owned made people treat you different (wearing a certain necklace makes everyone love you, a certain ring makes them all hate you, a certain bracelet makes them all ignore you, etc.)? Endless amounts of fun.
What if aliens invaded Earth...but they just wanted to hang out? I'd chill with the aliens. Duh.
What if a teenager went off to go save the world...and so did every other teenager in the world? HEROIC TEENAGER ORGY.
What if the villain succeeded, took over the world, and life was better for everyone? Wait, what?
What if food transformed your character into different things? So does that mean if you eat a baby, you'll turn into a baby?
What if you got kidnapped by the you from an alternate dimension? "Sup TCC from an alternate dimension?"
What if God (or some other almighty being of your choosing) proved His existence and gave humanity a week to get their shit straight? Atheists and agnostics alike would be like, "..Fuck."
What if you could control an element...of the periodic table? That would actually be pretty cool. I could kill people with an overdose of specific elements. "I sentence you to death.. BY HELIUM!"
What if people were assigned to be a hero, villain, or 'innocent citizen' at a certain age with complete disregard for personalities and capabilities? There would be a lot of cowardly villains, villanous heroes, and lots of un-innocent innocent citizens.
What if Milhouse became a meme? RALPH IS SO MUCH BETTER, DOOD.
What if someone made an RP where memes (Rage Guy comics people, Mudkips, Nyan Cat, Rick Astley, lolcats, Rebecca Black, Scumbag Steve, Advice Dog, Inglip, Philosoraptor, etc.) lived under one roof? FUCK YEAH. Except if Insanity Wolf was in there too, no one would last long.
What if this happened? Insanity Wolf would kill everyone within a week.

Edit: I added colour just 'cause.
Last edited by TheCreepyCanadian on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCC commands you to make him SPAGHETTI. 'Cause spaghetti is the new sandwich.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Silly TCC, you're supposed to list off more "what if"s for people to enjoy!

Although your answers were pretty enjoyable in the usual terrifying-creepy-canadian manner. ā˛ â€ŋā˛ 

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 pm

ANSWERING THEM IS SO MUCH FUN YOU DON'T EVEN

So yeah.

Be afraid. And I may or may not list more what-ifs because that's kinda laaaaame. It's more fun to answer them. >:D

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm

But there's two topics for that, sillyhead! This topic is to inspire RP/character/etc. ideas via what if questions.

But I feel you. Answering stuff is pretty cool. Image

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 pm

oh derp

But indeed, that does give me ideas.. especially for the INTERNET MEMES meets REALITY TV SHOWS. That's brought tears to my eyes.

Except godmodding would be inevitable.

I'd RP as Insanity Wolf. :3

HE'S A TOTAL BRO, YOU KNOW.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnotherLuluFanGirl on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 am

May I take one of these splendid ideas my good sir, I say!

Saying "Pika-" Before you sneeze.

Chat Fails.

1: Do you like-

2: Shut up

1: Mean much
"I have got a lovely bunch of pokemon!" -Lady from Parramatta

AnotherLuluFanGirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:33 am

AnotherLuluFanGirl wrote:May I take one of these splendid ideas my good sir, I say!

GSG is a sir now...? oh dear god

Unless you were talking to me. Which you shouldn't be. Because I'm just a creepy Canadian with a sweet hat.

Yeah.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:37 am

You most certainly may, Lulu! (:

And here's some more wheeeeee:

• What if your emotions controlled the weather?
  • What if you met a real life Mary Sue and were the only one unaffected by her eeeeevil Mary Sue-ness?
  • What if you woke up one morning in a room with everyone you ever talked to on the internet?
  • What if flying became the norm and the ground was abandoned?
  • What if the pen was literally mightier than the sword? As in, what if writing utensils replaced traditional weapons?

NEEDS MORE PEOPLE POSTING WHAT-IFS

GO GO GO

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:54 pm

• What if you woke up one morning in a strange dimension filled with things designed solely to fuck with your mind?

Except don't use that one. That's mine. My own. My precious.

anyways

• What if your house suddenly got whisked away to a different dimension? blatant wizard of oz rip-off is blatant
  • What if you were suddenly possessing some celebrities body?
  • What if your town turned into the town from Silent Hill, and you and only a small handful of people were normal?
  • What if you were given totally awesome powers, but at that cost of thousands of people's lives?
  • What if you were suddenly a demon and had to go to church still?
  • What if your computer turned into a sexy woman?
  • What if, while playing a video game, you get sucked into the world of the video game? If you wound up as the hero? If you were completely normal?
  • What if the film crew that was filming a horror movie in your town, turned into horror movie villains, hellbent on killing everyone and everything?
  • What if God was actually a giant floating olive with a top hat and a monocle, and spoke in a very stereotypical British accent?
  • What if your favourite OC was suddenly living with you? Your favourite canon character?
  • What if TCC showed up at your door?

So yeah.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aprilmasterson on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:53 pm

What if i tried walking on water? "Ready" falls to bottom of ocean and drowns

aprilmasterson
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!