Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Age of Gifted is Recruiting!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Age of Gifted is Recruiting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:05 pm

On two city walls, many miles apart, two recruitment posters have been put up.

One, the first, is printed on glossy paper, a black chess-piece, the of a king, into the bottom. It it set on a wall of rustic brick, similar in many ways to the defensive town walls of old Europe:

-----

Do you love your faction?
Do you love your King?
Do you want to be a hero?

Now is the time to join the proud Erubesco Military.
Become a proud Knight, a stoic Acolyte, a studious Alchemist.
Fight for freedom and individuality!

In Liberty, there is no art. No culture. People live only to work and die.
We of Erubesco refuse to debase ourselves thus. We refuse to be held back by the petty notions of small minds.
Trust in Our King and crusade for what is right.
Our decisions may be difficult ones. Sacrifices may have to be made in the name of the cause, but within each Erubescian beats the heart of a hero, and we will never, ever surrender!

Join the Knights, Join the Fight!

-----

The second is set up on a noticeboard on a clean, grey wall in a well-kept square.
It is in greyscale and formatted for complete clarity:

----

Notification of Draft

Notification that all Liberty Citizens of fighting age not assigned to exempt career positions are required to aid in the war effort.All Citizens of our glorious faction must stand together against the degenerate menace of Erubesco. This debauched and decadent monstrosity will soon collapse under the weight of its own greed, and the world will be a place of unity, equality, and uniformity. This is a dream we all share.

Trust in the wisdom of The Council to lead us to victory.

Reminder to all Liberty Citizens: The penalty for draft evasion is immediate detention to re-infer Liberty ideals. All department members must report for their assigned duties.

-Councillor Blue
Liberty Dept of Defence

------

Hi there folks, I'm Vit, recruiting for Age of Gifted on behalf of Miss Echo, the RP's benevolent dictator.

Age of Gifted is HERE <===
I won't repeat all of the plot stuff that's on there, as you can easily go check that out yourself.

AoG has been running for a little over a year or so before its move to Gateway, and since I was the one who suggested it, I'm taking the job of hopefully drawing a few more new faces.

Age of Gifted is a long-running RP set in a big, wide, and bleak world. Rather than one singular story, you can expect a number of sub-plots taking place throughout. There is something for everyone. In-depth character development? We have that. Politicking and scheming? We have that in spades. Bloody, grisly fighting? Plenty of that too.

And we have superpowers. In fact, they're pretty much obligatory.

So, as a quick rundown, this is what AoG has to offer you, as a player
:

-Rich, open world setting with any number of possibilities.

-A bunch of sub-plots, storylines, and events your character can fit into.

-Active, dedicated and helpful RPers.

-OOC events like the questions page, character awards, and other little fun distractions.

-Your chance, over time to weave some of your own lore into the world.

What us at AoG want from players in return
:

-Reliability. Everyone has other responsibilities, and we have no worries about players not posting constantly, however we would prefer players that stick around and do not post then disappear. It holds scenes up and makes planning difficult.

-Maturity. Both in the sense that you can handle dark themes like violence, death, and the general nastiness that comes with future dystopias, and that you are a person who can deal with OOC issues calmly and politely.

-Creativity. There's room for many different characters out there in this world. Be creative!

What roles we're especially looking for at this point in time:

-Erubesco Serfs and Conscripts
-Erubesco Knights
-Erubesco Acolytes
-Erubesco Alchemists
-Liberty Trainees
-Liberty Trainers
-Liberty Espionage Agents

So if this interests you, head on by the board.
Drop a PM to me or Echo, or any of the people on the co-GM if you have some questions or concerns, or post on here! We'd love to have you on board!
Hope to see you there.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Age of Gifted is Recruiting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Posting has commenced!
Still open for applications though!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm sorry to bother you, but I saw this post a few days ago and submitted a character. But how long does it usually take for a character to be approved in this roleplay, or to get some feedback from the GM in the case the character is somehow flawed?

I'm new on the site, and not all that used to this leisure pace. I don't know how long it is supposed to take..., but nevertheless I am feeling somewhat impatient.

I apologize for this bad trait of mine, but would like an answer nevertheless instead of being stuck in this limbo.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi there!

Sorry about that! Just let the GM know and I think she just didn't see there was another submission. You should get a response very soon! =)

**Edit: Yup! Character is accepted! You can go ahead and get started.**

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Just want to bump this board up to say that, yep, we're still looking for new people! We're always looking for new people- don't be intimidated by the number of characters or anything like that, because we'd be more than happy to help out anyone interested in joining. :) Feel free to message any of the GMs if you have any questions or anything like that!
I'm Echo, by the way- the de-facto head of the RP.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon May 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Bumping this board up again. Don't worry about how long the RP's been active or anything like that- it's made to be a fairly open world, so don't be shy!

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!