Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

AIMing for a Roleplay Partner! (PLOTLINE INFO inside!)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

AIMing for a Roleplay Partner! (PLOTLINE INFO inside!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Good evening, everyone! ...Or...good afternoon, good morning...whenever you might be happening to reading this, really. ANYWAY, as you can possibly tell I'm looking for a roleplay and a roleplay partner (preferably over AIM but PMs and YIM will do just fine. Sorry for the pun in the title, couldn't resist).

I'm preferably searching for a one-on-one, really, although I can also do a small group.

My rules are fairly straightforward, I'd say...although I am not going to get into them here. At least not in full detail. I'll just keep it down to a small standard...

-No Powerplaying/Godmoding
-No Expecting Me to Double
-No One Liners. Except in cases of Extreme Writer's Block.
-NO YAOI!!! ...Now, Yuri...I might consider. MIGHT being the key term here.
-READ EVERYTHING!!! I will be more than just a little pissed if you "tl;dr" this.

Anyway, onto the Genres! Plotline Information will be listed below.

* Pokèmon :!: :D
* Star Wars :!: :)
* Hogwarts Present :!: :D
* Hogwarts Future :)
* Medieval Fantasy (this also includes Anthro characters and mythical beasts) :!: :)
-- Arranged Marriage
-- Masquerade/Costume Ball
-- Invasion/War :|
-- Master/Servant :?
* Future Fantasy :)
* Super Mario Bros. :!: :D
* Final Fantasy :|
--Individual games vary.

None of the above are listed in any particular order of preference, however the general rating goes as such:

:D Yes Yes Very Yes! I will love you forever and ever and ever.
:) Ok. Sure.
:? Ehhh...Prolly.
:| If I Must.
:evil: no No NO!!
:!: Plotline!

In any case, the plotline information for the various roleplays are listed as follows:

I have PLOTLINES. For your enjoyment and possibly interest, I am posting them all below so that you may browse them at your leisure.

Pokèmon: Basically, the roleplay takes place in a brand new region known as the Vohkan Region. It is far, far directly to the west from Kanto and Johto....about as far as Hoenn would probably be south. Much like Hoenn, it is practically a sub-tropical region. Vokhan is large and expansive, being about the same size that Kanto and Johto together. Thing of the matter is, our general protagonist, Tekno Lajik (yes, another stupid punny name), is not predominantly a Pokemon trainer. He's an inventor, and a technological freak--he can't resist machines, which are his one, true passion. Despite this, however, he is a rather competent battler. However, wishing for a change of pace of his current life, he decides to adopt one....and quickly heads out to travel. The main reason for this is basically to advertise his works around the region, and eventually the world. And collect badges along the way (even though he's not interested in joining the League). Things aren't all that simple, however, as what seems to be a general Pokémon quest quickly deteriorates into yet another adventure involving friends old and new, betrayal, deep secrets....and a legend thought to never have existed.

Star Wars: The roleplay takes place in a time period after Knights of the Old Republic II but before the Phantom Menace (Episode I). Alternatively, it could take place anywhere far before the Jedi Civil War or thousands of years after the most recent events in the timeline (...the one with Cade Skywalker, I don't remember the name).

In any case, my character, Shade Dayclaw, originally a Jedi Hopeful, was taken from his parents as a baby to train at the Temple as a Jedi. However, Shade is, for the general most part, is strangely Force-inept (meaning he can't use any Force powers whatsoever) due to his being a Draygoon (a sentient anthropomorphic dragon like race), but he still lives at the Jedi Temple because the Jedi Council pitied him. The preliminary tests of him as a Jedi hopeful proved wrong about his abilities....

That's not to say he can't truly use the Force--he cannot seem to perform any actual Force abilities, however he IS Force Sensitive to the point of being empathic. The only real "reliable" power he has is Force Sight (and even then it comes and goes and acts more of a Spider-Sense than anything else). In short, he can use it, but he cannot manipulate it. He can feel and sense things...encounter and have visions...but that's about his extent with it goes. However, Shade is damn good with a lightsaber--even to the point where even the Jedi Masters bow to him in respect. Not only that, due to his being a Draygoon, he can also fly with the wings on his back and the ability to breath fire. He also had the power to shapeshift...although due to lack of training and practice with that, he cannot hold it for very long. Regardless, these abilities at least compensate for his lack of proficiency in the Force.

In any case, during his life as he is growing up, he's got his eye on this female Jedi. This female Jedi was in the same ground as Shade when they were hopefuls, and they sort of grew up together and they pretty much know each other as rivals...in pretty much everything ranging from studies to (especially) lightsaber combat. Eventually, though, Shade develops feeling for her....and becomes even more resentful towards the Jedi Order....since everyday there is a constant reminder to him of the life that he should have had, but never given the chance....as well as the fact that the Padawans and Knights/Masters can go to new worlds while Shade's stuck on Coruscant....and eventually that the girl he loves he can never have because it's forbidden by the Order.

However, during one particular mission, this female Jedi gets kidnapped and basically hostage/ransom. Shade, being the ever loving hero dude he is, finally sees this as his one chance to prove himself.....and winds up getting in waaay over his head. That's the basic premise. I'm still trying to hammer stuff out, but that's basically it for Star Wars.

Medieval Fantasy: I have a few plots for this...they're not much, though.

In PLOT A, Drakengarde Nightwing is a full anthropomorphic humanoid dragon and the prince of Draconia. Essentially, the first plot is just a basic Arranged/Forced Royal Marriage w/ Optional Masquerade Ball, being arranged and forced against his will to marry a princess or other high noble of some country. Drake, being the rebellious guy he is (he hates his father, the King Ryu), doesn't want to at first....he sort of warms up to the lady....although eventually he is forced to runaway because he no longer stand his father's domineering ways...

PLOT B takes place after Drake has already ran away and has set up his new home in a cave near the village of Enix. Your character (which could be anybody else, or even royalty if you still want to, doesn't matter to me) meets Drake through...whatever process....and from there a friend of Drake's comes up to tell him that their nearby kingdom of Ninten is being overrun by this demon sorceress called Mortizen....and that he's the only real person that they can turn to, because their own forces are ineffective. Plot B can be an extension of Plot A, but they can also be stand alone plots in their own right. This is basically just a standard action/adventure "We're Gallivanting Off to Save the World (Again)" sort of idea.

PLOT C involves an invasion...and two (or more) countries at war. There are also elements of a Arranged/Forced Marriage, which is not just due to the parents of either party arranging them against their will, but the Prince of Draconia (who, in Plot C, is not Drake but another character by the name of Ekard) actually invading the country of the princess/female noble with the intention of building his empire further, kidnapping her and holding her under house arrest to force her to marry him (which, in a way, could also incorporate elements of Abusive Relationship and/or Master and Slave if so desired, but not at all necessary). Regardless, however, while Ekard does initially treat his newlywed wife rather badly, he does come to truly care for and love her...and she him.

Super Mario Brothers: H'okay, now, this one, in my opinion, is fun. Y'see, the plot for this is that after a long and brutal battle, Mario and Luigi have finally succeeded in defeating King Bowser Koopa and his children for good, and banishing them to the farthest corners of the world, whereupon they never return...

At least, not for about 20 years or so. During this time, Mario and Luigi have married their girlfriends...the Princesses Peach and Daisy respectively. Also during this time, each of them have one child...both of them a son, whom one brother names after the other. For a time, young Marino Mario and his cousin Lucio Mario grow up in peace....visiting each other often, growing and playing together like the best of friends, becoming as close as brothers as their fathers once were.

Eventually, though, King Bowser's eight children return with a massive army during a visit where the families are together...and storm the town, ripping it asunder. Mario and Luigi, while still hailed as heroes, attempt to protect their wives and the town...but its clear and apparent age has caught up with them and they too are kidnapped alongside their beloveds. Despite this, Lucio and Marino escape....and it's suddenly clear that its now time that its now time for a new generation to step up and take the mantle of heroes, as they embark on an epic quest dealing with friendship, love, betrayal, redemption...and a new, true threat none of them are truly aware of.

In any case, however, those are my plotlines! Of course, these are just my ideas....you can very well submit your own, and we can toss or kick around some ideas between the two of us. If you have any of your own, I'd love to hear them! And if you've actually read down this far, kudos to you (like I said before, I'd actually be pretty pissed if you tl;dr this, especially considering the time I took to type this all out)! If you have an idea on what you want to roleplay, then go ahead and give me a shout!

My contact information...is not something I'm really willing to give out here, sorry. *nervous laugh* But if you want to roleplay, then please give me a PM and I'll give you the SNs for the messengers I have. Otherwise, I have no qualms to doing this over PMs or even joining a group...or starting one up. :D

In any case, I look forward to hearing from you all! Later!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: AIMing for a Roleplay Partner! (PLOTLINE INFO inside!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignitedstar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 am

Hey, Drake Nightwing. I'm new to RPG, but definitely not new to roleplaying. I'm here to catch some new insights on other roleplaying communities and I happened to drop by on a rather boring midnight.

Lately, I've been interested in roleplaying in a world based in Pokemon, but none of the RPs that I've seen far have caught my interest. I found it easier to either: 1) Make my own, or 2) find someone else and keep it small. I've discovered by reading other Pokemon RPs that things seem to get out of hand exceedingly fast.

To finally find a companion that isn't so whole heartedly set on joining the Pokemon League is pretty rare. Traveling wouldn't be a bad idea, at all. I'm not big in the fighting scene in Pokemon. If I have to play the game, it's fine. If I have to the RP the world, the rules change and I can insert a few morals here and there that would be comfortable for myself that would also easily fit into a character.

You use the word "adopt" a Pokemon. He didn't initially catch it?

Your current plot would suffice, be.ut I'm curious as to how you want to manage an entirely new continent within the world of Pokemon. If you're interested, you can send me a PM or you can find me on MSN under CheckerNights@live.com or Ignitedstar via Xfire.

Thanks for reading.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ignitedstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey, everyone! I'm still looking for partners (in fact I'm ALWAYS looking for partners), so don't be afraid to give me a shout!

Just thought I'd give this little board a bump...maybe try and garner a little bit of extra attention here.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:55 am

"Tekno Lajik" = Techno Logic by Daft Punk?

Ok, anyway, Medieval Roleplay plots A and B..

The guy runs away from his troubles.. and leaves his Lady heartbroken? What happens to the Princess after?

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 am

lol Good guess, but, no. Close. Tekno Lahjik is simply just a pun off the word. I created the character long before the band EVER came up with the song.

And, well, yeah, he does. Provided she doesn't run away with him (since she could be integrated into Plot B). Alternatively, assuming she WAS ditched, she could hunt him down (with a vengeance. Or not.) if she doesn't move on to some other guy instead.

Really, the plot's just sorta...open like that. :D That's why Plot B can follow up from Plot A, or either one could stand on its own as Drake could always also actually fall in love with her and go through it legitimately of his own free will or simply man up and go through with it for the sake of his people, sacrificing his own happiness in the process.

I guess "baseline" might be a better term than actual "plot" since it can go in so many different directions...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sat May 01, 2010 11:32 am

And once again, I'm looking for a partner.

Although, I'll admit, I'm more or less leaning over towards Star Wars to RP myself right at the moment, BUUUUT that's just me. I can still do anything, but I've been wanting to get away from Med. Fantasy recently. Been doing a little too much of that.

As always, PM me for username info!

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DappleApple on Sat May 01, 2010 11:36 am

You don't happen to splash around in the Katekyo Hitman Reborn pool, do you?

DappleApple
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Once again, bumping for a potential partner.

And, once again I wish to reiterate I am CURRENTLY NOT INTERESTED in doing a Med. Fantasy RP. I'd like to MODIFY my original post to reflect this but unfortunately I can't seem to DO so regarding that.

I also wish to reiterate that if what you ask me to do is NOT posted on my above list, I DO NOT RP it. So, please, make sure you keep that in mind. I'm sorry if I seem or sound rude (that's the problem with text, no vocal infliction) but there are just simply TOO many people who DON'T read what I have listed.

As always, please PM me for IM SN information. I would much rather prefer the RP take place over those as opposed to PMs but I do not feel comfortable giving my SN information out on the boards.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!