Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aliens & UFO's: Fact or Fiction

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Aliens & UFO's: Fact or Fiction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:00 am

I'm not going to speculate on anything. I'm just going to post some pictures... Instead, you tell me what you see, and then tell me why you believe in aliens, or why you do not.

Temple Murals on ceiling in Abydos (El-Balyana, Egypt) built by Seti-I completed by his son Ramses-II, c. 1000 BC

Temple Murals in Egypt depicting Sun with nineteen rays (planets?), cone-shaped hats, babies with elongated heads

Tanzania, Africa c. 27,000 BC cave painting depicts strange beings surrounding woman & being in legged box

Wooden Model of flying bird or airplane discovered in Saqquare, Egypt c. 200 BC

Sumerian reptillian god-like angel creature called Anunnaki - "those who from heaven to earth came"

Sumerian stone engraving shown with artist's reconstructive pencil drawing of head and glass dome

Image Image
Medieval Mural depicting Jesus on the cross while two manned comets soar above

Babylonian Mural depicting a Bird-Man creature, while the giant Enki sits on a throne between Tigris & Euphrates

Jesus ascending into Heaven

Madonna Painting in Medieval gallery shows man looking up at a strange object in the sky

Tiamat looking back at Ninurta in Sumerian Mural

Rainbow Squid changing several radiant colors in front of an Underwater Camera [still framed photo]

Egyptian Mural c. 2000-1000 BC

Image Image
Real or Hoax? Are these skulls the remnants of some human abnormality, or something greater?

Medieval Painting depicting floating objects in the background

Jesus Christ getting baptized by John the Baptist depicted in this Painting

Medieval Painting depicting a strange glowing object in the sky

Sumerian Mural depicting the Sun and Moon, a fish-like deity, and some strange hovering object, c. 3000 BC

Hindu Painting on Paper showing goddess and her followers

Egyptian Painting depicting two beings, male and female, with round bellies and elongated heads

Ancient Map showing lost continents of Atlantis and Lemuria

Now in Val Camonica, Italy there are large shapes on the ground depicting beings in suits which resemble astronauts dating to about 10,000 BC which can only be seen from sky view... In the Himalayan mountains in Tibet there are gold monoatomic discs which seem to levitate by themselves, dating to 500 BC... and in Iraq there are ancient Babylonian clay pot batteries which still contain the electrodes from around 2,500 BC... What do all these things mean? Where do they come from? As far as any modern researcher knows, the first flying saucers were Kongming Lanturns (hot-air balloons) created by the Chinese inventor Zhuge Liang in 200 AD... Or were they? I'd like to hear what all of you think.
DIONYSUS THE TWICE BORNE
THE HUMAN BEING WHO DIED TO BECOME THE IMMORTAL GOD
VETERAN ROLEPLAYER AND GUARDIAN OF TEXTUAL COMBAT SINCE 1998

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dionysus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Aliens & UFO's: Fact or Fiction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:14 am

I believe in alien forms. I am positive they exist somewhere, though maybe not as we think of them. I am not as sure that they have interaction with Earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valintine on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 am

I do find it hard to beleive that only on one planet of the many, in one of the solar systems of many that there is life forms. As whether they make contact with the earth now I'm still a little skechy on but if they have in the times way back when, I don't know. It would be cool if there was substaintal evidence of thier existence.
"It's sad how many people strive for perfection when its their imperfections that make them perfect"--(me)

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"--(Oscar Wilde)

Valintine
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 am

I've got a funny feeling many of that stuff is fake, and the stuff that happened in the Bible has never been proved, but the odds of Earth being the only planet to support life...

I'm screaming I love you so

But my thoughts you can't decode.

TFairy
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CAPSIZED.cages on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:47 am

I believe in life on other planets, but UFOs are pretty ridiculous.

CAPSIZED.cages
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ultimate523 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:37 am

Aliens exist. We have discovered small bacteria and germs on other planets and I also believe there are larger forms of life in the universe but I don't think any stories we hear are true about aliens.
Last edited by ultimate523 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want."
Zig Ziglar

ultimate523
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 am

Long sentence is long.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:22 pm

I think aliens would have to be almost be exactly like us. If there is aliens, we're aliens to them...

TFairy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

That was the stupidest thing I have heard yet. Obviously we would be aliens to those we consider aliens, but why the hell does that mean they have to be anything like us, let alone almost exactly like us? There is no logic in your statement.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm

I highly doubt that what I just said is the most stupid thing you ever heard.
Maybe aliens are like us, maybe they aren't. I think they are like us, not the same, but similar. They mightn't be as evolved as us either.

TFairy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:That was the stupidest thing I have heard yet. Obviously we would be aliens to those we consider aliens, but why the hell does that mean they have to be anything like us, let alone almost exactly like us? There is no logic in your statement.

Didn't say ever, I said yet, as in this discussion. But you are making a strong case for you being the stupidest person I have met on these forums.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Official-lightbulb on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Do you have some sort of debilitating brain function?
Because you sure seem to know alot about stupid people...

UFO's are a bit much for me to believe, but aliens? Absolutely. We're a pimple on the universe's ass. it's selfish to believe that we're the only ones out there.

Official-lightbulb
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mobpeace on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I agree with a handful of the people here; I don't believe the stories I've heard about people being abducted, but I do think it's a bit incredulous to assume Earth is the only planet with life on it.

Also. I don't understand why people are saying they don't believe in UFO's. A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, no? So if I throw a ball into the sky, and you don't know what it is, it's a UFO. Not all that hard to grasp.

I'll assume that the people saying they don't believe in UFO's are talking about flying saucers and whatnot, in which case, I agree.

Aliens helping to build the pyramids and so on has always seemed like a cool idea to me. But as something to try and actually piece together, and evaluate as a possible reality? Meh.

Mobpeace
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Official-lightbulb wrote:Do you have some sort of debilitating brain function?

UFO's are a bit much for me to believe, but aliens? Absolutely. We're a pimple on the universe's ass. it's selfish to believe that we're the only ones out there.

Not selfish. Self centered. Theres a difference. And to your first comment, how the fuck did that make any sense? Oh thats right, it didn't.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Official-lightbulb on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:
Official-lightbulb wrote:Do you have some sort of debilitating brain function?

Not selfish. Self centered. Theres a difference. And to your first comment, how the fuck did that make any sense? Oh thats right, it didn't.

Then learn sarcasm, and the problem will be fixed. 8)

It's the same mental function. And we're still a pimple on the universe's ass.

Official-lightbulb
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

1.) Sarcasm is hard to portray over the internet, don't rely on it.
2.) I realized that you were trying to be sarcastic, but you failed, and I'm not sure what being sarcastic would have done for you exactly. You just came off as stupid, not witty.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Official-lightbulb on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:1.) Sarcasm is hard to portray over the internet, don't rely on it.
2.) I realized that you were trying to be sarcastic, but you failed, and I'm not sure what being sarcastic would have done for you exactly. You just came off as stupid, not witty.

You're butthurt. Simple as that.

Official-lightbulb
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:52 pm

You're an idiot. Simple as that.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Heheh... Gabriel, must you insult people in every one of my threads? If you don't like what people have to say, don't read it. Simple as that, don't just reply with "you're stupid" or "you're an idiot" or whatever other insults you have... I assure you, you're the only one who is living up to your words, at this point... Try opening your mind, and looking inward rather than outward... I have been very nice to you up until this point, but know this... I could have your posts removed from my threads at any time, if I so choose... which I do not, so please don't provoke me to anger, or I will cast my judgement on you... I am a very nice person, so please, be nice, and absorb the good energy that I have. But don't be a leech, because you will punish yourself with bad karma.

Dionysus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Official-lightbulb on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Look who's talking, gabby. If you were really as smart and as tough as you acted, this wouldn't have happened.

And I agree, dionysus. You're post kinda reminds me of the john lennon song.^_^

And another thing I'll add is:

Crop circles are kind of sketchy to me. They are, at times, vastly complicated artistic wonders. But not made by aliens. Why would they pick farmers fields? It's like drying up the oceans for kicks. I don't understand it. >-<

Official-lightbulb
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!