Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It's alive! It's active!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

It's alive! It's active!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroG on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:10 am

Seriously, why did I waste my time on all those other forums? This place, man... this place.
Oh! And hello to you, members of RPG, (if that's the official shortening ._.) I hope I'll fit in here like a hand does a glove.
Cheerio for now.

And I imagine some helpful member will copy-paste his/her 'help the scrub' post into this thread. Thanks beforehand; cause making my way through an unfamiliar forum has always been a nightmare for me.

Yeah, I guess I could use those links...
You get the hint, right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZeroG
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: It's alive! It's active!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24 am

ZeroG-

Welcome to RPG (that is, indeed, the official shorthand for the place) and let me be the one to spam you with links! I almost wasn't going to do so because you said 'help the scrub' and then a TLC song popped into my head and things went downhill from there....

But now I'm back! And my shortened attention span is all yours. So, without further ado, here is the copy/paste info that you were looking for:

The RPG User Manual will give you some basic info on the site and how to use it and the Rules are short, sweet and to the point.

Once you get familiarized with the place, I'd suggest going to either the Interest Checks thread or the Roleplayers Wanted thread. Interest checks are for people looking to gather people for a roleplay that's in its planning stages and Roleplayers Wanted is a thread looking for people to join a RP that has already been created but simply needs more people!

I have more links for you if you're interested! Just let me know and I will link EVERYTHING in your welcome post! (Everythiiiiiing.)

~Celedia
RPG Global Moderator
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroG on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:33 am

Aha! So it was a copy/paste after all.
Anyway; I'd appreciate the links to, eh, 'everything'... unless I completely missed the sinister tone of your 'Everythiiiiiing'.
I'll be bookmarking this thread so that I have something to refer to. The more information I have, the better... and if I can make a Global Moderator do all the searching for me per offer, then who am I to decline?
Really though, links and whatnot would be appreciated.

ZeroG
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 am

*cracks her knuckles and does a few stretches to get ready*

So, you asked for it. A slightly more intense version of my regular copy pasta but please do remember that the first two links that I gave you are the most useful. Reading up on the User Manual and Rules will save you a lot of time/trouble/drama!

Now, the RPG Community has a ton of different methods in which you can interact. Roleplay, of course, being the largest venue and even that is broken down into a few different sections. You have your Tab RPs, Thread RPs and Chat RP. Tab RPs can be searched if you click on the Roleplay tab at the top of your page which will direct you here. I am in several Tab RPs myself and they are uniquely organized. On the other hand, before Tab RPs were popular there were mainly Thread RPs which can be found here. Thread RPs are divided into categories based on their specific genre.

Now Chat RP is usually based out of The Multiverse but can also be utilized in the Tab RP as well. The OOC Channel in chat is universal so beware! A more comprehensive and helpful guide to chat can be found in The Hitchhiker's Guide to Chat!

Now, you can do more than simply roleplay here at RPG. A lot of people use the forums for other interactions and for these threads I am just going to link them. These other threads are also useful in getting your 10-thread posts which you need to have up before the system will let you send private messages. This is to prevent spam, basically, with a more in depth post here.

So we have Discussion & Debate, the Creative Realm which has writing/artwork and music, and my favorite the Forum Games.

Lastly, if you ever need help with anything you can of course PM a member or moderator or whomever you wish. (Although if you've never met the person before then they might be wary of your randomness!) Or you can reference one of the two links below.

This is guide to which group of people might be able to best help you with a specific problem and the Help thread is where you can place a general post that anyone will be able to respond to!

Hope that helped and if you have any questions, let me know!

~Celedia
RPG Global Moderator

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!