Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hi all!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hi all!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Maiden on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 am

Hello I am Dragon_Maiden ! I'm not new to roleplaying but I like to dip my feet in before I just jump in, and I saw the 10 post thing so since someone was so nice to greet me so early I believe there name was WhiteSwan I wanted to say thanks for the greeting and the link :) I have been rolyplaying for almost a year now well at least on the web but I have immensely enjoyed my time doing it. I am a stay at home wife with a small child so I get bored and this has been my savior. So I like romances, fantasy, fanfiction, a few modern rps so I am pretty much down with anything I am about semi-literate but I really give it my all so here is hoping to rp with some of and have some fun :) if someone wants to throw an rp at me let me know I like 1x1's as well less hectic lol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dragon_Maiden
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hi all!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Greetings Dragon_Maiden,

First of all, I have to say... I.LOVE.YOUR.AVATAR! It's gorrrrrrgeous! Don't worry, you may enter the Hotel Role Play Gateway anyway you like, but you may never leave! Buahahahaha. Oh wow, that was a little to evil for only 10 am. *winks*

You've probably already been looking around RPG and getting the feel for things, but you've probably already noticed that we have a plethora of different genres to dip your feet into! They also range from beginning to advanced! So, here are a few places that I find myself visiting often - hopefully these prove helpful in your navigations~

Here is the Rules and Regulations here at RPG! You may also find a set of rules specific to each role play as well (on the introduction page, at the bottom!)

I'm sure you've already noticed on the tab system at the top of your screen you have a tab labeled Roleplay If you click this tab it will show you pages and pages of Roleplays that you can browse through. You can also pick keywords that will hide certain roleplays or highlight them. (<-- INVALUABLE in my opinion!)

Next, you'll notice the RPG Forum tab. Here you'll find anything and everything! No, really! There's a forum called The Creative Realm that you can post artwork and creations in. There is also a forum called Interest Checks where people talk about what kind of roleplays they would be interested in starting. And, of course, the Roleplayers Wanted forum, where GM's can advertise for their newly started roleplays! There is also a great section called The Role Play Academy. Here you can ask questions, get advice from the Mentors (which I can personally say is one of the best experiences EVER!), read tips and pointers from the pros, etc! You can also tell these wonderful individuals apart by the color of their user names!
Navy Blue = Mentors
Bright Blue = Coders
Green = Mods
Orange = Designers
Yellow = Contributors
Red = Creator/Administrators
Black = Normal folks like you and me!
I.Think.I.Covered.Them.All

And finally, something that you've already found, is the Chat System. There is one large OOC chat, and an individual IC chats for each roleplay. So, as you can see there are many things to do, see and read! I hope this post wasn't too long! I tried to give you the short-long of it ;]

Great to have you on board, and hope to learn more about you!
Cordially,
Lilaiy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey thar! Welcome to the site it is nice to meet you! :D I am aveline one of your friendly green people as lilaly has posted above. :) Be sure to check out all those helpful links she has given to you as well, they will surely help you starting off here. Well I hope to see you around soon! Don't be a strangeer!!! :D

Aveline

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Maiden on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 am

hi sorry for my sudden absences my family went on vaca and I was without my internet so I apologize and thank you both for your greeting I feel so welcomed! :)

Also Lilaiy thank you for all the help that is very nice and it was not to long lol but it will help me get set up once again since I am back on yay

Dragon_Maiden
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Ah, I'm glad I didn't melt your face off ;] I'm glad you're back online! Let us know if you have any other questions or need any other help!

-Lil

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maya Bailey on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome to the forum! :) I do hope you enjoy it here.

Maya Bailey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Maiden on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 am

Dragon_Maiden
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!