Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Another One Enters In

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Another One Enters In

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eruthan on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey there everyone. Roleplayer here. I was looking around for some good roleplaying sites and I came across this one. So I figured I'd sign up and give it a shot.
Since Rigelhttp://www.roleplaygateway.com/member/Rigel/ was nice enough to set up an intro help thread, I think I'll use it and answer the questions that he so nicely posted.

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
My username is Eruthan. Why did I pick it? Well, Eruthan Huun was one of my earlier 'detailed' characters back when I was learning how to roleplay, and the name just kinda stuck.

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
Good old Google. Yeah, I found it on Google when I was looking up roleplaying sites. This one certainly caught my eye.

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
I've only been roleplaying on forums and chats for about three years now, as I truly started to use the internet around the age of 15. I started roleplaying by simply talking them out with my friends at first, actually. "You see this", "I do this" type roleplay. Eventually I tried my hand at a bunch of RPGs on gaming consoles and then moved to tabletop games such as DnD. Once I found chat and forum roleplay, that has been pretty much the only type that I use. And I use it quite a bit. When I first started roleplaying online, I was using a site called "eliteskillsroleplay" but I haven't been on it in a while, as I found the users to not keep fluency in their posts, and more and more illiterate people were beginning to post there because it was a simple posting system.

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
I've been looking for a new home for roleplay, most certainly. Other sites are alright and work decently but I need one that is more structured around roleplay, rather than just having one section for it.

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
Fantasy is certainly my favorite. Not to say that I don't enjoy a good Sci-Fi or Horror from time to time, but my main focus is on Fantasy. I do like the main focus of Fantasy such as the kind that is found in Lord of the Rings and World of Warcraft. Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, and the like. Usually though, I prefer stories that put their own twists on such realms, or add new elements, such as was done in "Eragon" with the focus on Dragon Riders and the Magic Language. Post Apocalyptics are always fun, and other stories of the like as well. I'm very flexible when it comes to what roleplays I can enjoy being a part of, but I generally try to sway from realistic fiction.

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
I do not mount insects, no. That sounds rather sick. I also do not collect rocks. I can usually be caught writing one of my books or roleplaying online at most times of the day, but I occasionally play a few video games and do some other things. Though most of my time revolves around writing, of many sorts.

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast?
I'm a very quick learner, yes, so I'm actually rather good at most video games. I've tried my hand at almost all of the famous games along with many of the not so famous. Black Ops, Halo, WoW, Tales of Symphonia, Star Fox, Final Fantasy(almost all of them), and many more. I certainly love playing them, but nowhere near as much as I enjoy writing. I'm also quite talented at voice acting and acting in general, though it's just something I do for fun to mess with people or get a good laugh.

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
I do not believe that I have any friends at RPG just yet, but I do hope to change that very soon. Any good roleplayer is a friend of mine.

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
No, sadly no cookies, but you get a smile from me. I hope that's enough to suffice until I can get to posting in roleplays. :o
"If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eruthan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Another One Enters In

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Well Eruthan, I'm happy to welcome you to our little slice of the internet here, and quite the place it is. I've been here since the Summer of '08(ran across it using Google as well) and through some intermittent gaps in attendance, I've always wound up somehow finding my way back here, and I can't really place why. One thing I can say though, is that the place rarely gets old.

Since you're probably quite familiar with working on forums, I'm sure you'll slide right into the rhythm here, however if you ever need any help on the site, please don't hesitate to contact any of us Mentors as we're always more than happy to assist in any manner.

All in all, hope you have a long an enjoyable stay here at the Gateway!

-Otto

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!