Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Another twisted yarn of sorts (critique as you'd like)

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Another twisted yarn of sorts (critique as you'd like)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:08 am

I was watching tv one night and I'd seen this story a bizillion times. Finally it just annoyed me and I made a tribute to gossip shows or "trash tv" as I know it. I list it as a poem but it's more a song really that I just never wrote a tune to.

"Here we go Again"

I'm waiting in the bushes.
Or even on your lawn.
Wherever you go I'll be there.
Seven days a week from dusk to dawn.
Standing in a public place.
I'm the camera in your famous face.
Invading even your most private place.

But that's the way the story goes.
Picture snapping psycho.
Nowhere you can hide in this land.
I'm your dirty laundry's biggest fan.
And I am...

Hiding in the public eye.
I'm that same old news guy.
Take the picture don't be slow.
Crap is king this I know.
At home or on stage you're the latest front page.
Face on the news at ten.
Oh here we go again.

Don't get caught drinking.
Or smoking on the sly.
I'll find out about it.
Think of me as your personal spy.
This is not stalking so don't blow a fuse.
This is not harrassment.
Rather it's entertainment news.

But that's the way the story goes.
Picture snapping psycho.
Nowhere you can hide in this land.
I'm your dirty laundry's biggest fan.
And I am...

Taking pictures for the show.
Face on the news at ten.
Oh here we go again.

When you vacation I will find you.
Your first step should be to look behind you.
In the beginning your talent defined you.
But under my wheels I will now grind you.

So here's how the story goes.
From a picture snapping psycho.
You cannot hide in your private station.
I am the voice of a blood-thirsty nation.
And I am...

Taking pictures for the show.
Face on the news at ten.
Oh here we go again.
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'll make your headache
I'll make you fall to the floor
Me and the Devil in your mind want to settle score
I'll make your heart break
You know I do what I please
Like a bullet in a gun I just give it a squeeze

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Another twisted yarn of sorts (critique as you'd like)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

This reminds me of Britney's song in retaliation against the paparazzi and all the trash magazines out there. It's sad too because they post constant lies, and people's images go down in flames because of some supposedly murky shot that shows this horrendous deed. The fascination with their personal lives eludes me, though I will admit that, rarely, I will pick up a magazine to catch up on things. Anyway, to the point. I heard it as a song while reading, and I'd probably buy it if you could make it into a tune and croon it in an awesome manner. =)
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!