Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anyone up for a Role Play?

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Anyone up for a Role Play?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sat May 02, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm interested in starting a role play, and I'm tired of all the 'failing after about two weeks' role plays on the realistic role play board. No matter what idea I decide on using, I expect basic literacy out of all my role players. Literacy falls under the category of at least two well-sized paragraphs a post, creative and descriptive language, and maturity. If this is all too hard for you, I suggest you find a different role play because I will not lower my standards. I'm damn tired of the role plays with high potential dieing off because of all the noobs and all around illiterate people who join it. I'm looking for an active, longterm role play and nice literate people to role play with.

Well, here's a list of role play genres I'm currently in the mood for and would be willing to start/join. Once I've decided on a specific role play, this board will be changed into an OOC for that particular role play. If you are interested and would like to help me decide on a roleplay, you're very welcome to help. =D

Casual: Ah, casual role play. These are role plays with more or less of a plot, based in a usually everyday place where people tend to gather. A storyline is often built during role play using the characters and their pasts and futures. I enjoy this genre very much and take favour towards coffee shop and other workplace based Casual role plays. Romance and drama are usually very popular sub-genres for Casual, and I'm open to the possibilities.

Island: The idea of a secluded island community has been catching my eye lately. It can be tied in with some fantasy as well as romance, or even those 'stranded on a beautiful island' role plays would be alright. I've had an original idea for this genre that I've been dieing to use, but I'll need some help. I'm alright with certain ideas for this genre, but don't want it to become too far-fetched like most island role plays tend to become.

High school: High school role plays are most likely the most famous of all role plays. Romance plays a big part in these types, and I'm a sucker for a good romance. I'd prefer it be a high school where the students stay in dormitories, though I'm very flexible on the subject. As much as I'd love to have tragedy and drama floating about in the halls of the senior school, I'd prefer it'd be kept to a minimum, unless it had a very strong relation to the plot. I don't really have very many demands on the subject, so I'm alright as long as there's a lot of romance. =3

Yeah, that's pretty much it then. Reply if interested or even drop me a PM. Thanks much.

~ Murdoch Rouge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Anyone up for a Role Play?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gemini10 on Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 pm

hey if you need a partner then I'm in.
If you can't be nice to me...... be nice to my little friend

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gemini10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sat May 02, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm not so sure I need a partner per say, but if you have some helpful input or an idea for a storyline, I'd be happy to listen. =)
Also, once I've decided (leaning towards the island plot), you're free to join if you'd like!

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat May 02, 2009 5:13 pm

I would do the high school rp with you
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat May 02, 2009 5:18 pm

*thinks* Well as far as stories go I can craft one in 5 seconds a long epic one.. though my stories are often dark and odd to say the least lol. I was wondering if we did the coffee shop setting or the high school setting what would be the break from reality? I mean in most cases a role play tends to have some break from reality? Are you going to try and keep it parallel to present day? or do you want to place it in the past? or in an alternate reality? The thing that makes me interested is I once did a role play where you did actually have to write in such detail you could see everything the person described even down to the temperature outside and that idea I love. I am more fond of Post Apocalyptic settings lol! though I can play anything. The main thing that might detour me from doing a thread with you is that need to escape reality. So if you could let me know how far I could deviate from reality with my character I would love to be able to help more. Take it easy!! thanks!.
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I'd enjoy crafting some form of a Casual rp. But usually when I do so, I prefer to make it somewhat enigmatic and troublesome in the long run.

Hence:

Innocent romance is born, but as it winds and weaves and grows a bit too close, one can tell the secrets of another. Perhaps these secrets are that one of them is a murderer, a criminal on the run. Or perhaps they are mentally ill or have a physically disability. I just like to make things a little spiced up.
Either that, or add some bit of magic/fantasy to the mix to create some strange stir.

XD

But either way, it's up to you. I'm a literate person who prefers lots of details and intriguing plots.

:) Hope to hear from you.

~Eternity
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!