Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Submitted for the Approval of The Midnight Society, I call this story, The Tale of a Hopeful RP

Okay those of you who remember this show know the basic setup. Every week the group would meet and would share a creepy story. They took turns, and yadda yadda yadda.

I want to start an RP based on that. One of us will have discovered the site through the tales of our father or mother. Then they pull their friends in on it.

But, I want this to be a Roleplay, so, if you're interested, any ideas on what we could do to make it more interactive?
Last edited by Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Card Captor Sakura ~ KAWAIIIII!
And for those wondering, yes I am a guy, yes I do read romance, and yes, I am Straight.

Mistress Faye, my laser tits accidentally fired and melted the cash register. ~ Questionable Content

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm

I seriously was just thinking about a roleplay based off of this tv show. It was very ironic for me when I saw this. I am definitely interested.
"If I can't annoy anyone there is little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis
ImageImageImageImageImage
My personality in a nutshell.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Let me guess, it was that Would you Dare? thread that made you think of it, wasn't it?

So, any idea how to make it more of an RP and less of a we all write stories?

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:05 pm

It was the Would You Dare thread. Was that what did it for you as well or are you just that good?

I had a loose idea of how it could be more than us all just writing stories. We could cycle through some of the Are You Afraid of the Dark stories and pick a couple to go off of (or create our own) and then have the people talk about it like in the story and then everything goes wrong when their story become reality? That's the best I could come up with on a minute of thought lol.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

yep, Would you Dare kicked my mind back to Are you afraid of the dark as well, you know, that's a lot of history and intense emotion in that kind of place, hmm, I like the idea of reality blurring, and now that i've read up on Ayaotd, I am tempted to edit my opening post to include the words, Submitted for the Approval of the Midnight society....

fuck it, i'm totally doing that.

Heheh

So tell me, Are you Afraid of the Dark?

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Okay, provided we can get a few more people I think I got the basic framework figured out.

We start off with the rediscovery of the site. The first meeting of The new Midnight Society.

We start off with a story, then during the week, we start seeing, and experiencing things that seem to come out of the story. For the first few weeks we just kinda get more nervous until one of us finally breaks the ice, of course, real stories will be necessary, how else could we really make it true to the show?

After that, things quickly degenerate, but, I don't have any ideas for that yet.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Alright this is way to awesome of an idea to pass up im in.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

So do you have any ideas to help flesh out the plot?

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Alright so there are interested people, so, let's figure out where this will go before I go make an OOC

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Well, I thought that the idea we kind of came up with or fleshed out was a pretty good one.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

true, it is a good outline, but for this one to be successful, I think we need more meat for it. To have some kind of idea where it's heading.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!