Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An Assortment of Blues Poems

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

An Assortment of Blues Poems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feralfairy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:11 pm

I was digging through my old notebooks and discovered some unused poetry, then figuring - hey, why not post them here? And so here is the collection of my, ah, darker ones. I'll post the lighter ones soon, too. Re-reading them, I feel like I must have been in a really dark, lonesome mood when I wrote them.

Alone:
(This one was a discarded school one, so it is following a certain format. It's rather dark, sorry.)

Alone, an empty house
Whispers in your mind.
Alone, and empty house
Whispers in your mind.
No one to talk to, you'll find.

Your heart longs for like you've been stabbed,
Loneliness creeps up like a shadow.
Your heart aches like you've been wounded,
Loneliness creeps up like a shadow,
To take you under, swallowed, no room to grow.

A quiet echo, a distant dream,
The footsteps you hear are only yours.
A quiet echo, a distant dream,
The footsteps you hear are only yours.
Abandoned, mean to shake you to your core.

You are alone.

Unnamed:
(Another discarded one. Not one of my favorites. I have no idea why all the words are capitalized, but somehow it just looks better. xD Oh, and recurring 'You Are Alone' themes in my darker poems? I also don't know about that.)

Loneliness
Grey, Silver, Twilight
Bands Constricting Across Your Chest
You Cannot Breathe, Your Pulse Speeds Up
No One There To Hear You Scream.
You Are Alone.
Left To What Fate Throws At You.
Not Here, Not There, Nor In-Between,
Nothing And Everything And Nowhere And Everywhere.
Alone.

Mourn:
(A short one, a tanka I believe. I'm not sure, though.)

My tears fall slowly.
Why hasn't the rain come yet?
The world should mourn, too.
A hollow heart I have now.
Here comes the rain, too late for me.

I am gone.

Caring Dark Mother:
(A personification poem - and don't mind the titles. None of these really have titles, so I'm just coming up with these on the spot.)

Night brings darkness to the world,
Ever so gently, she falls.
Smothering the light in a gentle embrace,
Holding on as tightly as she can.
As the day struggles to break free,
Like a child, protesting a mother's hug.
Night relinquishes her prize, to come again soon.

Like a Movie:
(OKay, last one. And the longest.Originally, being on paper, the ending turns out a lot different.)

Loneliness is an echo, right?
So I shouldn't be afraid
Of that creaking stair
Or the scuttling of rats
Or the small wind blowing through the house,
Making sounds like whispers and ghostly hollers.
That's just the stuff of movies, right?
Just the stuff of books.
Just the stuff of nightmares
Where the main character is stalked by something in the house
Just before they die.
That's just the stuff of R-rated films.
Right?

Now I hear something, I swear.
A clanking like a long chain.
Steady, heavy thumping, like footsteps.
That's just the breeze making sounds like evil laughter, right?
A door slams. Just from the storm outside.
Lightning flashes.
Was that a shadow I saw,
Deformed and ugly and only half there?
More flashes. Rain pelts the roof.
Not one shadow, but many.
Snickt. Like claws, or long nails.
Slurp. A long tongue on sharp teeth.
I see them. Oh. My. G~~~

Yup! So, thanks for reading. I'll post the cheerier ones later, like I said. If you want, drop a line and tell me what you think!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

feralfairy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: An Assortment of Blues Poems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Infinity on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Night brings darkness to the world,
Ever so gently, she falls.
Smothering the light in a gentle embrace,
Holding on as tightly as she can.
As the day struggles to break free,
Like a child, protesting a mother's hug.
Night relinquishes her prize, to come again soon.

All of them spoke to me, and I could feel your personality, and feelings coming from each of them. I enjoyed this one the most though, I like how its worded and what it alludes to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Infinity
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: An Assortment of Blues Poems

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 pm

"Unnamed" is my personal favorite. The capitalization of all the letters really does add something to it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I actually really love dark poetry! There's something about it that goes nicely with the soul, probably since we all can relate underneath it all. What is the difference in the ending on "Like A Movie", if I might ask? Either way, I really enjoyed reading these. You did a very nice job, and I intend to bookmark so I may come back to read again. =)
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!