Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:42 pm

I was thinking of making an RP based on Avatar: The Last of the Airbenders. Would anyone be interested in such an RP?

A couple of plots I was thinking of:

Its 100 years after Aang's death. There is peace between the four nations, and an academy for the especially promising benders and warriors of the world has been set up, and people of all four nations go there to become the greatest warriors and benders in the world. These people protect the peace between the four nations, enforcing the international laws that the four nations agreed upon. We would be RPing students at this school, and I have a plot for what could happen, but I don't know if I want to give that away just yet.

OR

The Avatar after Aang, a water bender, died in the Avatar State. This did not end the cycle of Avatars as was expected. It instead dispersed the power of the Avatar throughout the entire population. While no one is capable of using all four elements it did revive airbenders, creating numerous new ones in babys, and also created a new generation of Avatars, capable of utilizing 2 elements instead of just one, and even discovering new sub paths of bending, like plant bending or metal bending. The plot comes from us RPing these new Avatars, and their companions, trying to learn how to utilize their powers and help the world. The villain in this would be a group of extremely powerful master benders from all four elements, and extremely powerful master warriors of all different weapons and skills, who assassinated the Avatar, so that they could take control of the world. By the time the new generation of Avatars are old enough to begin to learn of their capabilities and utilize them, the group has been ruling for about 15 years, acting as a king in a seperate nation, presiding over the four lords of the their own provinces. I.e., the four nations still exist, but a fifth, smaller, extremely powerful nation rules over all of them, and the four nations live in poor conditions and poverty, all of their resources going towards the ruling nation, and anyone who tries to stand up to the military police instilled throughout each of the 4 nations is enslaved in work internment camps, or as gladiators for the amusement of the ruling nation.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Avatar?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:19 pm

This sounds interesting. I'd join any of the two.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Sasuke on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Oh wow, I'll join up.

Uchiha Sasuke
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Sounds cool, can I be a more experienced Bender?
Like a metal bender with the ability to make armor from ores in the ground?

Rooster
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Thats a possibility. More likely a late game thing, something that you have to work up towards, but definitely something that you could learn to do eventually. Especially in the second of the two plots.

But you guys need to let me know which one you would rather do.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:58 pm

I was thinking I could be a teacher of the art of Armsment bending.

O.O

Could I be a gunpouder bender?! PLZ XD

Rooster
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:03 pm

You're still not answering me... You can work on characters when I know what I'm doing. Which RP do you guys prefer.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:13 pm

I like #2
Oh and btw Gunpowder bender would be a variation of earth bender.

"explosive mixture of sulfur, charcoal and potassium nitrate, KNO3 (also known as saltpetre/saltpeter)"

^.^

All neatly packed into THIS monster

http://www.warofthering.net/quintessent ... rthanc.jpg

Rooster
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Sasuke on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:47 pm

The second choice is the better one. I'd prefer to use it as our plot.

Uchiha Sasuke
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!