Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It Awakens...

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

It Awakens...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

(( You don't need to sign up or anything since I don't know how to work it out yet. Just rp))
As darkness fell upon his town, Nathillius kept his eyes closed in on the exit to the cave he was resting in. His body ached from all the walking but had to reach the shrine before all others. His tail swayed back and forth as his half-dragon instincts got the better of him.

It had been qutie a long time since he had something to eat so he was naturally starving half to death, however he kept a flask of liquid nearby on his body. He heard something outside the cave, a low pitch growl then a huge shriek and a noise of teeth tearing at flesh.

Leaping up, he drew his sword and slowly stepped out to investigate. His eyes met with nothing but a pile of blood, bones and fur outside his cave. He could hear the noises of the creature's slight movements but not enough to find it immediately.

"Damn it." He snarled, as he dashed from the cave and began to run as fast as his clawed feet could carry him, the shadow ever close behind.
"Reach out and stab someone." ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: It Awakens...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm

OOC: Hey Nathillius, it's a good idea to let people know what kind of races are in the world you've created, some idea of what the world's like and a basic storyline, even if it's something as cheesey as there a bad guy coming to destroy the world and only these 4/5/8 people can save it. It gives roleplayers something to roleplay with. If you want some help I can offer assistance for future roleplays. But for now, I'll just roleplay with you, as I've been looking for something a bit simpler!

Plus, as a side note, it's kinda awkward for someone to try and jump in a post like that, because you're in a cave and you're about to fight a monster, so unless someone happens to be walking past that cave, well it's unlikely that another player can jump in.

IC: It was late, Katharina Cless knew, but against her better judgement, she was out anyway. She had been charged with finding that blasted creature and dealing with it, despite her being a less than spectacular fighter and a mediocre mage. But what she lacked in strength and magical ability, she more than made up for in knowledge, yet she somehow doubted that was going to be much use against this particular menace.

As she was pondering her inability to be able to deal with the creature, she heard a low growl and stopped immediately behind the nearest wall, fearing what would happen to her if she revealed herself this unprotected. The sound of the tearing of flesh did nothing to calm her nerves as she waited for the sounds of its presence to fade. Damn her master's sense of humour, sending her out alone. She knew he'd be around somewhere, watching her so she didn't die, but still, it wasn't a good situation to be in.

"Damn it." Katharina jerked her head around the corner in surprise at the sudden speech and watched in horror as a man dashed out from a cave with the creature following him relentlessly. Feeling like she was going to regret this, she moved out from her hiding place and closed her eyes, chanting softly under her breath as she ran towards the sounds, opening her eyes at the last moment - precisely when the incantation ended - rewarding her with a howl from the creature as it's back flashed with fire, allowing her the precious few seconds to gain a lead on it and turned to face it, stopping.

"Keep running. I'll deal with this menace," she shouted back to the man, sounding a lot more confident than she felt, but she held her mace now and that gave her the strength to stand there as the monster recovered as she finished a second incantation, surrounding the creature in a fog.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:17 pm

OOC: Thanks for the tip, I'm used to much simpler rules regulations towards roleplaying and don't usually have to give anyone a heads up but I will remember next time.

IC: Nathillius growled at the woman, he didn't want to stop running but he didn't want to get in the way either. His eyes flashed with energy as he suddenly stopped and turned about. He felt his body fill with power as if the moon and sun were aiding him.

"I'm not about to leave anyone to face this creature alone." He said, his eyes closed and his claws clasped together.

He focused for a few moments. A purple energy forming around his claws then suddenly he opened his claws as he shot a powerful cone at the creature surrounded by fog. He prayed he would make contact.

A shriek of pain came forth from the mist as the creature fell to its side, blood soaking the earth.

"The first of many." Nathillius commented as he drove his sword into the creature's skull to make sure it was dead.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Raos was flying through the night skies during which he saw a flash of purple light.
He went to investigate the flash and found a woman and a half-dragon such as himself.
Delited by another one of his kin he landed just behind them ever so gracefully retracting his wings watching the sword of the dragonkin and said
"Hail, brother were you the source of the flash of energy."

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 am

Instead of hearing running like she would have hoped, Katharina heard a shuffling of feet and what she thought was a growl of annoyance, but she disregarded it quickly, focusing on the fog she had conjured.

"I'm not about to leave anyone to face this creature alone," she heard him say behind her and a sigh of relief that she didn't know she'd been holding in escaped. Well, I appreciate it, thanks she thought to herself as a purple cone of energy shot past her, surprising her momentarily as it pierced the fog, a scream of pain announcing contact with the creature.

As he walked past her, sword drawn, she finally caught her first proper glimpse of the man and it took her aback. She hadn't realised he was one of those. She knew others would have left him to die or at least fend for himself, but her teachings and her personality would not have allowed her otherwise to leave him. Focusing closer in the darkness, she thought she recognised his face, but there weren't any of his kind in the town, were there?

"The first of many," he commented before driving his sword through the creature, her surprise allowing the fog to dissipate completely.

"What do you mean the first of many? I haven't seen anything like this around ever before, and you're telling me there's more of them?" she questioned anxiously to the half-dragon as something landed beside them, but her attention was drawn away from them by a familiar voice in her head.

You did well Katharina. The voice was impressed, but Katharina did not feel like she had done well.

It wasn't me who killed the creature, it was this man, she snapped back in frustration, hating this intrusion into her mind.

Then stay with him.

What?!

You heard me, you are charged with being his companion, helping him with his goals until you repay the debt you owe him in becoming a Meister.

Before Katharina could reply, she felt the presence in her mind fade away and her sorcery skills be damned, she couldn't reforge the link. She looked across at the new dragonkin, who was looking expectantly at the man whom she had just unwittingly been bound to. Damn you Sethan, why do you delight in making my life difficult? In her anger, she had quite forgotten that she had become a Meister this night and the responsibilities that came with that title, nor the mark that she would have to bestow upon herself.
Last edited by Imehal on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 am

Nathillius simply jerked his head back to the dragonkin that had landed near then and a smile crossed his lips.

"Yes, it was I, brother." He said, sheathing his sword and returning to the woman to respond to her question.

"These creatures are brought upon this world by the Shadow Guardian, a powerful God-like monster of the moon and shadows which plague this earth since the beginning of time. So yes there are more and much stronger than this simple grunt." He finished, sliding his cat claw onto his left hand for defensive purposes.

His eyes kept constant watch, although one was a completely different color then the other he could still manage to see all around him. Finally, after a long-seeming silence he spoke again.

"I think it would be best we pay a visit to the shrine that houses these creatures and stop this before more innocents get caught in their rage and bloodlust."

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Katharina had heard of the Shadow Guardian - who hadn't? But most villages and towns had enough protection to keep the creatures that served him away from their peaceful lives, employing those with suitable skills to dispatch the creatures. Had she known that was what she was facing when she had started casting, she would have been more afraid.

She noted the comfort that the half-dragon - if that was what he in fact was - felt when the other had come into his presence and felt a little out of place being the only human there, although Meister Sathen's voice was niggling at the back of her head and she shooed him away.

The word of a Meister is to be taken seriously, even when in jest. I am bound by the command he gave to me, as little as I might like it, she thought as she looked upon both dragonkin once more, lingering on the first's eyes as they were indeed unusual, but had seen unusual things before in the school, least of all strange eyes. Still, these were intriguing and she found it hard not to stare with interest.

"I think your idea is a wise one, as these creatures need to be dealt with swiftly," she replied to his statement about the shrine, eager to try and take her own attention away from the striking differences between her and these strangers. "As long as you do not think me too much of a burden, I would happily come with you to deal with them." She paused then, feeling Meister Sathen's eyes on her and felt uneasy, looking away to hide her momentary discomfort.

They are dragonkin Katharina, not some monstrosity, he chided, although not harshly.

I do not view them as monstrosities, Meister, merely as different to myself, which is no lie.

Be sure that is the truth; you are bound to him until the debt is repaid and you cannot break your word. There was a pause, And you're not plain. Stop belittling yourself Kathy.

She blinked, surprised. He had someone found her private thoughts again and although disturbed inwardly, she looked across at the two dragonkin, particularly the first, waiting for them to be on their way.
Last edited by Imehal on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 pm

"The Shadow Guardian eh?" Raos said he moved closer to them. "Well it's not like i can stand idly by as innocents are slaughtered." Raos said as he looked at the woman seeing a surprised look on her face. "Is something the matter?" Raos said with a puzzled look on his face.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 pm

"Is something the matter?"

Katharina turned to face the new dragonkin, her surprise still plain on her features, even more so now that he had noticed it.

"Ah, thank you for your concern, but it's nothing to worry about. I was just remembering something a dear friend of mine said to me a few days ago," she reassured him as she finally managed to compose herself. Somehow the lie helped her calm her own nerves. She'd always known of Sethan's affections towards her, but he'd never made it so obvious before now. It had been part of the reason he had taken on a female apprentice to become a Meister. She never realised that he noticed her like that, but people had always brought it to her attention and she had always dismissed it as fantasy on their part. She was not a woman of attractive qualities, standing at 5'62 with a rather curvy figure, a plain face and hazel hair that was nearly always plaited neatly. Her eyes she believed to be her only attractive feature, as they were a misty grey.

But none of this mattered at the moment. She had let her mind wander once more out of the reality she tried so desperately to cling to. After all, if a Meister went mad... well it wasn't a pleasant thought.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Raos didn't respond on account he didn't believe her. He had learned from his travels not to take things at face value, but decided not to poke at it for now. Turning to have both of them in view. β€œSo if we are going to be traveling together what are your names?” Raos asked inquisitively.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:10 pm

"So if we are going to be traveling together, what are your names?" the second dragonkin asked and Katharina almost slapped herself on the forehead for her rudeness and stupidity.

"How rude of me! I am Meister Katharina Cless, how do you do?" Katharina replied, holding out her hand politely, hoping that he was polite enough not to ask what a Meister was because she probably shouldn't have mentioned it, no matter how proud she was of her new title.

The truth was she knew what Meisters were, just not what they did. Meisters could have any form of strengths - Meister Sethan was an exceptional telepathic artist - and she herself knew a lot of random knowledge and was reasonably adept at manipulating the magics around her. When a Meister completes their final task, they are informed of a Meister's role in the world, so she has not been told as of yet because of the technicality of her completion, i.e. her not doing it all herself, though she did know there weren't many of them in the world, less than fifty. She just wished she knew what they did, although part of her was still inherently proud to be one, even if it meant she was part of a evil cult.

"And what may we call you?" she asked the stranger in return.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:58 pm

(Meister...) An interesting title indeed Raos thought to himself lost in thought for a second. He snapped back and replied β€œMy name is Raos Kiezer a pleasure to meet you” Turning to the dragon kin β€œAnd what is yours brother?”

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Nathillius was in a world of his own, being reminded of the dreaded power the Guardian possesed until he finally came back heard the question being asked of him.

"I am Nathillius Aruskhor, High Dracovian Enchanter." He said, his eyes going to meet Raos's.

He growled for a moment as he sniffed the air, he did not pick up anything yet but he did not know when these creatures would strike again. His tail swayed with anger and sympathy for the dozens of inncoents already slaughtered by these beasts. He did not know the exact reason behind these attacks but they had to figure it out... And soon.

"It is nice to see others willing to help me. We must be quick before the sun rises into the sky or we will not make it to the shrine." He said, keeping his claw on the hilt of his sword.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you Nathillius, and yes, I agree, if this situation is as bad as you say, we should move with all haste," Katharina agreed and turned in the direction that Nathillius had been running in prior to her interference. She noted his status as an Enchanter, but she didn't know what one of those was exactly, but she would ask later, when they had more time.

As she started to walk in the direction, she wondered what precisely she had found herself involved in. This certainly wasn't a standard Meister test - at least as she knew them. But then again, Sathen's sense of humour always seemed to stretch to new levels and didn't dare to think how high and wide it could go, so she merely walked the path, knowing that she was on it for a while now.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Nathillius kept walking, his eyes glaring up at the highest peak of the mountains. There stood a magnficently dark and malevolent shrine. Creautes crawled all about it as if this place was there home. Millions of red, piercing eyes watched them from the cliffs, as if seeing through the group's very souls.

As they reached closer to the shrine, Nathillius felt a great evil come closer and closer to his very being. His spine tiggled with a great fear. Drawing his katana, the blade itself began to glow blue and yellow as if it was telling its suer something important.

"Stop..." nathillius commanded as ten to twelve of these strange creatures appeared from all sides of the group.

Black like ink and dark as night. The creatures decended upon them, their red eyes twisted in the sky. Long, jet black claws sharp like knives threatened them. With no mouth but a simple muzzle made these 7 feet creatures very intimidating.

"These aren't what we killed last time...Stronger and much quicker."

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 pm

They had been walking for a while now and Katharina briefly wondered whether they were going to get to their destination, following Nathillius' gaze and shuddered at the creatures that surrounded the shrine he was obviously here to destroy.

As they finally approached the shrine in all its hideous glory, Nathillius drew his sword and the brilliant blue and yellow caught Katharina's eye as the sword's owner ordered them to stop. Then they descended, the creatures of the Shadow Guardian. Katharina instinctively knew that these aberrations were stronger than they one she had aided in the fall of earlier on without Nathillius needing to tell her.

"They're hideous," she whispered, her hand inching back to grasp her mace, her magical conduit. "So, battle plan? I can use magic to distract injure, but it's not strong enough to kill." She deferred to Nathillius and Raos on this matter, she was many things, but a strategist was not one of them. The incantation that summoned light was on her lips, ready to cast it into the middle of the creatures if they moved and the counter spell was already in her mind, to protect her own and her companions' eyes from the blinding light.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 pm

As Nathillius drew his sword and it shined Raos drew his own though it was only a plain.
So battle plan.
"I can provide support from the air." Raos said stretching his wings preparing to take flight. "Anything I need to know about these vile beasts to avoid any surprises."

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Nathillius smirked, this was the first time of many that he had to use his enchantments to aid others. His eyes began to glow as if magic was flowing freely throughout his entire body.

A blue and yellow aura suddenly appeared over him as he began to chant, his eyes still glowing angrily. Two immediately dashed at him, a shriek loud enough to defen anyone that wasn't careful.

"Finished." He commented, extended both his arms straight outward as a ripple burst off his body.

It was as if the ripple was a giant shockwave as the creatures were sent flying through the air. Their shrieks echoed through the night as they plummeted to their death off the cliffs surrounding the area.

The shadows seemed quite amazed at the show of a simple power, the dracovian just prepared himself for the next wave.

"Just don't let them circle in on us...If they do they could easily rip us to shreads...I have faith in you." Nathillius said, watching his enemies every movements.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Katharina watched Nathillius deal with the creatures quite easily using his magic and found herself oddly reminded of Sathen's own magical displays, which were often just as impressive and flashy.

"Just don't let them circle in on us...If they do they could easily rip us to shreads...I have faith in you," Nathillius said as he readied himself for another wave of creatures and Katharina had no doubt that they would come soon and she starting chanting a pressure spell, one that added weight to the air around her which she hoped would prevent the creatures from flying so easily. She finished her chant, the only indication that she had completed it was a pale purple aura around her for only a moment. She couldn't fly and she certainly couldn't perform magical feats, but she would do what she could and wondered not for the first time what she was doing here.

Paying attention to everything that was flying even remotely close to her, she gestured to Nathillius and Raos, "Shouldn't we be moving forward and how are we going to go about destroying this shrine?"

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:14 am

Nathillius frowned at Katharina's choice of words as these creatures were quite quick and could easily outrun the group. And as for destroying the shrine itself that was nearly impossible. He straightened and finally figured it out.

"We have no choice, I'll distract them...You two run in and I'll catch up. Just trust me." Nathillius growled, dashing at them like a barbarian protecting his tribe.

His swings were accurate and strong, his blade flashed quickly in unison with his cat claw. It was as if all he cared about was helping his new found companions. The creautres focused all their attention on him. Their shrieks were heard as a few fell, dead.

"Just go!" He yelled, over the sounds of battle.

A few attacks broke through his own as he felt the claws slash and thrust at him. But his adrenaline was pumping so fast all the injuries seeemed like mere stings to him.
Last edited by Nathillius on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!