Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

BATTLE FOR SPARTA (anybody can join)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

BATTLE FOR SPARTA (anybody can join)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm

the battle for sparta has begun as the persian army closes in the spartans stand ready to fight. the army's charge and. to be continued .this is a remake of the actual thing but it is somewhat like it. leonidas is the main character if you want to be him you will need to be very good. reply if you want to join make a character bio if you want to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tazz74
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: BATTLE FOR SPARTA (anybody can join)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Could I play Xerxes, pack up my army and land somewhere that doesn't involve funneling my million man army through a corridor, which could be easily defended by 300 Spartans?
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Or just make it so X wasn't a dumbass...
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Hmm... how about we play the Battle of Marathon? Where the Athenians kicked ass while the Spartans were late to the game!

Also, Thermopylae was defended by an additional four-thousand something non-Spartan Greeks and Spartan helots (slaves). That's the conservative estimate. Some Greek historians put it around eleven-thousand total defenders or more.

And finally if you "darken the sky" with arrows, some of them will hit home on the loosely armored Spartans. Just don't try phalanx warfare against the singular martial combat masters of the Peloponnese (through the Athenians were by far the tactical and strategic power of that era.)
Last edited by Kronos on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:20 pm

I totally derailed this topic didn't I? Sorry Tazz. Seriously, IMO, you'd have to make the story a little more than grinding down enemies in a phalanx.

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm

However, I can play a Persian general under Xerxe's command - or the head of his "Immortals".

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 pm

there is more to it and there will be the character you guys want. it's alright lukisod you can still be in this if you want.
kronos you can be a general or whatever you want. what about you saranm are you gonna be part of this?
if anyone has good ideas for this roleplay go ahead and post them.
there will be the beginning when it show leonitas as a kid training to become a spartan so you can be who you want to be.

tazz74
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks. And for those not in the known, the "Immortals" were Xerxe's ten-thousand man strong personal honor guard. They wore hide armors and adorned the tips of their spears with gold and silver replicas of pomegranates. They were called Immortals because their numbers remained at ten-thousand men via constant reinforcement.

Speaking of Spartan training - it was hard and arduous but certainly not something out of hell. At the age of 7 the Spartan male left home to live in a dormitory. First off his head was shaved and then he pulled reeds for his sleeping mat. The rations were meager and baths were cold and far and few between. Throughout that whole time the Spartan boy trained for his future career. At the age of 12 he was issued a cloak to the exception of all other clothing. His training continued. Finally at the age of sixteen, the Spartan was sent out to live in the woods, surviving however he could for several weeks. If he was caught he was whipped to death - if he passed, he was a man.

And well, you can look up "Eros" yourself. I'm not touching the Greek pedantic tradition.

[Source; The Cartoon History of the Universe, Book One, Pages 235 and 288, by Larry Gonick]

Also, if anyone wants a primer on Greek and Persian history, just ask me. I can also direct you to the larger historical resources I get my information from - and no, I don't use Wikipedia.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am

kronos im not asking for a history lesson here im asking for roleplayers who actually want to do some thing so if you want to do this history stuff why not start your own roleplay called I Am Kronos History Man.
and lukisod do you want to be part of this or what.

tazz74
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am

sorry mate, I'm not really up for this

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Actually, I want to do something - and do it right within boundaries. Fictional RP is only so open to interpretation before it becomes the realm of fantasy - mainly, there is only so much deviation you can do. Also, you can alter that however you want - I'm just outlining the basics of the Spartan martial tradition.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!