Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Before he was the Prophet. {Closed}

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Before he was the Prophet. {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm

“I didn’t say it was all going to happen tomorrow night. You might not get a lover until a long time into the future, but you didn’t look much older in the vision, so who knows? You can always meet someone at random intervals and fall for him. I don’t know who it was. I am sorry. I don’t know why I couldn’t see his face. Usually if I focus I can but when I focused, I got the second scene. Don’t worry about. I’ll just research it. Maybe it was just a symbol for something,” he gave a weak smile and stood up before blowing out the candles.

Dacre didn’t move a muscle. It was still hard to swallow. Leonardo said not to worry about it but how could he not worry? He had seen his death! He looked over at Leonardo and grabbed at his arm. “What exactly did you see about-“

“Don’t worry about it Dacre. You know my visions are wrong usually and it could have been symbolic rather than an actual event. Relax. I will look into it. No need to worry. I probably shouldn’t have said anything.”

“No. I am glad you did. I wish you’d tell me more.”

“It is not good to know one’s fate because then we do nothing but try to conform to things we have been told. Now forget about it and live without the knowledge. Fate changes. Your fate will change to.”

"You can be such an ass!"

"Leave it alone Dacre." Leonardo shook Dacre's hand off and turned the lights back on.
The night is dark, the path is hollow. I stand alone. I walk alone. I walk within the glass refraction of time. Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Sasha was still on the ground as she tried to process the information as best she could. "I haven't met anyone, and my routine is so simple and always the same that I'm not bound to meet anyone." She spoke a little irritated. It was obvious she wasn't irritated with Leonardo, or Dacre, just the thought of what he had seen. Of course she really wasn't even taking into count the fact that she had just met these two vimpyres despite her boring routine.

She began to move the candles onto a hard surface so the wax could cool before she boxed them away again. She watched the two vimpyres and knew that Dacre wouldn't go about life the same any longer. How could he? It was impossible to pretend for anyone that they hadn't just heard about their possible death.

"You said that your visions are usualy wrong. What do you mean? Why have them if they aren't going to take place?" by now she had calmed down a little bit and the curiosity was back in play as she wanted to know more. "Why would you be seeing anything about my love life? Do you see exclusive things like that about other people all the time?" this was a little bit of a critical question directed harshly at Leonardo, but Sasha couldn't really help her abrasiveness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:46 am

“You forget, you met us didn’t you? We aren’t a typical couple of people no matter how hard we try to be. Things change, people change. We don’t always do the same thing over and over again love,” he smiled making his fangs all the more visible. It was true after all. She had met them and not many people would have allowed them entry into their house at all let alone for this long. That wasn’t ordinary and she thought she was going about a normal evening.

“They are usually wrong because fate changes. I see one thing happening. If someone chooses a different path or something happens to change their future, then their fate changes. One time I saw this guy win the lottery but when the day came, he didn’t win because he didn’t even play. Things change all the time. I see things, but they only provide some clues that could happen and I try to prevent it or make it happen. It is annoying really. I spend most of my time trying to figure it all out.” He busied himself with acting on his OCD and started to clean up the room for her and try to get everything in perfect condition. At least she wouldn’t have to clean if he was around. Then her question stopped him.

“… No. I don’t usually see those types of things in my visions but I never forced a vision about a person before. Something happened that was extreme in whatever case about your love life that let me see it. I don’t know why I saw it but I did. If I have offended you in some way with it, I am sorry. I did not intend to see your personal life.” He wiped weariness from his eyes and looked at the time. It was getting late and he needed to get some blood. He was tired even though he hadn’t been up for too long. Dacre looked beat to.

“Maybe we should leave…” Leonardo stated.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:15 am

Sasha instantly blushed as he pointed out a very obvious fact. She looked down at her hands for a moment as she laughed nervously. "Oh, I suppose I was wrong then, this really isn't normal is it?" she smiled slightly. Seeing his fangs was a little strange and put her off a little, but she shook the feeling off as she actually enjoyed their company. She listened carefully as he explained more fully about his psychic ability. Sasha watched him as he started to clean up. It was strange to watch him, and she had a feeling that it was phsycological and was probably OCD.

"No, I'm not offended. I'm just rather taken aback by it. It's very interesting, but the fact that there has been nothing to hint to any sort of relationship for the past year has me skeptical. Men don't approach me, and they haven't for a long time. It's strange, but I don't see how something could happen if I didn't move passed this bizarre road block." She stated and noticed the heavy look the two vimpyres had. She didn't want them to go, which was strange, but she knew that they probably needed to go for reasons of their own.

"Yes, I suppose," Sasha sighed dejectedly and stared at the floor for a moment as she was rather saddened at the idea of parting with the two. "Could I see you again?" she suddenly asked hopeful. She didn't know why, and it must sound strange since she was human, but she really just wanted to spend time with them. It felt as though she could relate with them easier than other humans.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 am

“I am glad you are not offended. I wouldn’t have wanted to end on sour note with you since we seemed to be getting off at a good start. Also, something must have happened if you got a relationship. You got off your road. If you don’t stray, then you’ll never meet whoever was in the vision. If you do, you may have a lover or a heart break. I couldn’t really tell but you seemed happy from w hat I saw.” He finished cleaning the space he had been working on before turning back to the woman and his friend. Things had ended oddly tonight. He shouldn’t have said anything to Dacre. He was too worried now.

“Meet again? Maybe. We are usually at the bar you came by tonight. I however don’t suggest that we meet there all the time. Someone may get suspicious. It would be better to meet at each other’s houses. Nowhere in the public eye. Since I know where you live, I guess you should know where I live in case you need anything. I’ll give you my number to.” He took out a sheet of paper from his pocket and wrote down the directions and a number to reach him. Dacre ended up writing down his number as well. “There you go.” He handed the paper to her and smiled.

Leonardo pushed Dacre to the door and they said their farewell and got into the car. For the most part, they remained quite. “Dacre, I am sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I am sure that if you stay safe and don’t do anything stupid you won’t get killed. Just stay on a straight and narrow path. If anything I have a higher risk of getting myself killed over something not you. I am the risky one, remember?” Leonardo said with a small smile but the reassurance didn’t seem to help. “You’ll see Dacre. Your fate will change somehow. Believe me.”

Dacre waved him off and remained silent. Leo parked in front of Dacre’s house and watched his friend walk into his house. He shook his head and sighed. He shouldn’t have said anything. Dacre wouldn’t be the same anymore. If only he could make him forget those words. Too bad he could only see half true visions and not erase time. That could have come in handy. Leonardo drove back home then and couldn’t wait to fall onto his soft comfortable bed.

Once he reached his home, he locked up car and walked into the house and up the stairs. He sat down on the bed and looked at the IV reluctantly. He needed it too much recently. He pulled up his sleeve and checked the blood inside the bag. He injected the needle into his vein and watched as the blood slowly ebb into his body and warm him. He hadn’t realized how cold he had been until the blood started to circulate. Once he had enough, he pulled the needle out and wiped the blood away and fell onto his pillows and closed his eyes. Sleep would hopefully be welcoming.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:44 am

"I suppose you are right, I guess I'll keep an eye out for this mystery man," Sasha smiled lightly. It was nice to hear that she had the chance of being happy. "Thank you," she spoke softly and watched Dacre for a moment. She hoped that the man would feel better soon. He looked rather miserable. "You're right, someone will get suspicious and you'll be watched even more carefully." Sasha didn't want to bring them trouble by being with them. She just wanted to know more about them, that's all. Perhaps she was getting a little ahead of herself with this, but she was hardly going to turn back now.

Sasha smiled as he handed her the paper with his house directions as well as his and Dacre's numbers. "Thank you." She smiled and followed them to the door where she locked it after watching them pull away. Her night had definitely turned out a lot differently than she had thought. She frowned as her stomach growled and she moved into her kitchen. She pulled some leftovers and groaned as she realized they were spoiled. With a sigh she pulled out the bread and some jelly. She was rather tired, but she hated sleeping on an empty stomach.

As Sasha got ready for bed, she couldn't help but think about what Leonardo had said. It bothered her a little, but she was excited at the thought of not having to be along any longer. She wondered if Leonardo would have anymore visions about her since he seemed so intune with the previous ones. It was strange to think about, but she accepted it easier. She yawned as she crawled into bed and she smiled as she drifted off to sleep. For once life wasn't boring and she didn't feel like she was holding a face for everyone around her.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:21 pm

In the morning Leonardo was still dozing peacefully for the most part. Than the damned intercom came on announcing that all vimpyres should be locked away in their homes. Leonardo grumbled and pulled a pillow over his face. When would all of this end? It was beginning to bother him more than usual. They were treated like some type of monster and to most, that’s what they were. Genetic freaks that should have stayed locked up in the science lab. If only people could just open up a little and venture a question or two to understand like Sasha had that night.

Sasha.

He found himself smiling as he thought about her. She had been the first human he had been able to speak to like that. Oddly enough, he felt comfortable around her as if he had known her for years. He couldn’t deny that he rather looked forward to speaking with her again. Then he remembered what had happened the night before and the news he had given Dacre. He wondered if the kid was alright. He should have thought before he spoke and he began to wonder if he would regret what he said for the rest of his life. He hoped not. Maybe Dacre would be more careful now. He did worry about his temper after all. He needed to keep that in check.

He turned over in his bed and stared at the wall a little lethargically. He was still tired but he couldn’t sleep anymore. He shrugged out of his nice warm bed and shuffled into his study room stacked with bookshelves and filled with books. They were all neat and orderly. Not a single book was out of place. He needed to figure out some clues about the vision. Was it a literal vision or maybe some kind of symbol? He looked through the books but he couldn’t concentrate on anything. He sat down on his chair instead and just stared at his desk. The arrows in the vision kept reminding him of a medieval battle. That had to be a symbol since battles now would be filled with guns. He pushed that out of his mind for a while. It was still early morning and he didn’t want to linger on sorrowful ideas.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:55 pm

"Sasha," a warm voice greeted her as she was sitting next to a window with her face enjoying the warmth from the sun. She smiled instantly as she recognized the smooth voice. She turned to look at the owner and she smiled brightly as she saw him. She couldn't help but feel immense love for him as she stood to her feet and walked over to him.

She couldn't quite see his face, as though it were shadowed by darkness. His voice was so familiar, and yet a little strange. She giggled as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck softly. He bit her lightly, playfully, and it only made her laugh.

Sasha wanted to see his face, but couldn't. She attempted to pull him to the window and let the sun banish the darkness that clowded him, but he wouldn't be moved. Finally the darkness disappeared for a moment as she whispered a name softly. "Leo."

Sasha woke up with a start and looked around her room panicked. She shook her head. The whole dream floated through her head and it bothered her tremendously. Why in the world should she be dreaming about Leonardo like that? She was sure it was him, for one she didn't know any other Leo's, and second, she had felt the gentle prick of his fangs against her throat. It was truly a strange dream and she wanted to be rid of it.

She sighed and rubbed her face. It was a little late in the morning, but she hardly cared. She didn't have work that day, and now that she had had that dream, she felt compelled to talk to Leonardo to at least get some answers for her bizarre dream. She changed into some simple clothes before she grabbed the piece of paper with his address on it. She locked her door before she moved to her rarely used car and climbed in. She drove to a section of the city that was full of mostly vimpyres, some were just convicts on probation. She looked up at his house and wondered if she should bother him, but she decided she needed to.

Sasha climbed from her car and approached the door. She sighed before she knocked on the door and waited patiently. What was she supposed to say? "Hey, I had a dream about you and me together, any idea what it means?" yeah, that sounded brilliant.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Leonardo gave a yawn and covered his mouth out of habit even thought there was no one else in the room. He left his study and entered his kitchen. It was bigger than it needed to be for someone who didn't make elaborate meals for himself and a company of one person. His food usually comprised of frozen meals. He walked on the cold tile floor and covered his face when lite from the window cascaded into his face. He stumbled over to it and managed to close the blinds but it had done enough damage to his eyes to make him see spots of darkness.

He rubbed them out of his eyes and blinked a few times before he walked over to his fridge and opened it up. He brought out some orange juice and poured himself a cup of the nice cool orange liquid. He sat down at the table and started to sip at it and glance at the phone. Should he call Dacre? What if he was asleep? What if he was doing something stupid? He needed to stop babying the boy but Dacre really was like a child to him. Leo would never have his own child so it was nice to fill the empty void with something. He reached for the phone when he heard the door. He cocked his head to the side confused. Who would be coming to his house?

He stood up and took his glass with him. He didn't look to see who it was since most likely he would have to open the door anyway. He stayed out of the sun's rays as much as possible when he opened the door and covered his eyes. Who he saw surprised him to no end. Sasha was standing at his door! This was a vimpyre neighborhood yet she had decided to come visit him anyway. He offered her a warm smile and opened the door wider for her.

"Good morning! Come in, come in." Once she was inside he closed the door and rubbed his eyes again. "What brings you all the way out here and this early in the day?" he asked and sat her down in his family room. "Can I get you something to drink or anything?" he asked. He wasn't used to having anyone besides Dacre over at his house.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Sasha felt so silly standing on his porch. She knew if anyone was looking, she stuck out very conspicously. She didn't seem anything like a vimpyre, it was so obvious that it was almost painful. She nearly got up the courage to just walk away, but he had already come to the door. She smiled sheepishly as he invited her in. "Good morning," she attempted to say warmly, but it barely came across well. She laughed nervously as he asked her what she was doing there. She honestly didn't know, and it drove her nuts. She felt awkward and embarrassed by being there, not because of what he was or anything, but because of the strange dream she had had.

"Something to drink would be nice," she said and took off her shoes before she entered. She didn't want to track in any bad particles attatched to the bottom of her shoes. "This is a lovely home you have," she said as she looked around his living room. It was pretty basic, but it held a certain charm. She waited patiently as he left to get her something. She felt nervous and wanted to get up the courage to tell him why she was there, but she knew she was going to end up beating around the bush anyway, so why be in denial?

"You say that you don't have exclusive visions about others, do you suppose the vision you had last night..." she trailed off. "This sounds so stupid, even in my head, but what if it was you?" she asked quietly. "I'm not wanting to offend you, or scare you off or anything, but-" she stopped still rather nervous. "Is there any chance that the future you saw, was our future?" she couldn't even really look at him she was so embarrassed by her question.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 pm

He gave her a cheery smile and headed back to the kitchen to grab her something to drink. He didn’t really have much besides a little wine and it was still too early for anything like that. He decided to get her water instead. As he fussed around the kitchen he saw that his breakfast was ready and managed to grab a plate and take a bite of one of the waffles. He came back to the room where he left his guessed and muttered a thank you as he tried to speak through the waffle he had in his mouth. He handed her the water and set the plate down and took normal bites from his food.

“Do you want something to eat maybe?” he asked. He thought it would be rude if he didn’t at least inquire. He noted that she looked rather nervous or edgy but didn’t pry. She would tell him on her own terms and pushing the subject might not be in their favor to begin with. He was halfway done with his food when she finally started to ask him questions about the vision he had of her the night before. It was obviously troubling for her. At her question, he understood why. Was she afraid of having a relationship with him? With that thought aside, could it even be possible? A familiar pain wrung his heart and he had to look away. He had been hurt too many times and he had vowed he would never try opening his heart that way again.

“Honestly I don’t know. I have never had a vision about myself- well, well let me rephrase that. I have had visions with myself in them but never about my own future. I had wondered why I couldn’t ‘scry’ my own future and I did a little research when I was younger. It would form a sort of ‘paradoxical’ situation and one is not supposed to know their own fate or wyrd as some say. It is one of the disadvantages of my ability, but is it possible for the vision to be about us? Yes. It depends if we decide to shape our course that way. Things I see can often change even if someone takes a step out of line.”

Leonardo didn’t look back at her for a while. He himself was a little wary about the prospect. She seemed like a good person and a charming lady, but was it worth the heart break? Even if she held true to their relationship, there was always the possibility that he could drop dead in a moment. He couldn’t pretend to be young when he could feel his age in his bones and that wyrd of his coming along. He couldn’t put himself or her through that ache.

“Was there a specific reason why you asked about that?” he asked and managed to look up into her face. His cheer had disappeared into a mask void of emotion. It was his armor against such things but sometimes it had the opposite effect.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Sasha smiled as he handed her the water. She took a sip and sighed. She frowned for a moment as he offered her something to eat. "Uh, no, I'm fine. Even if I were hungry, my stomach isn't cooperating at the moment and I would risk losing my stomach if I put something in it." She rambled slightly and blushed. She watched him carefully as he began to explain to her a bit more of how his psychic ability worked. She nodded her head at his words as a signal to him that she was understanding what he was explaining.

"This sounds crazy, and it really is." She bit her lip lightly. For a moment she shook her head and wrung her hands in her lap before she finally looked at him. "What if we couldn't stray from Fate's path? I mean, sure the future changes, but what if some things are just so solid that nothing can stop them from happening?" she asked before she laughed nervously. "Sorry, that was a little too heavy," Sasha stretched her arms in front of herself for a moment before she looked over at him.

"This is so insane, but it's not that I have anything against you, you should know that by now," she smirked slightly. If Sasha had a problem with his kind, she had done a very good job of disguising it. "Well, I had a dream about-" she stopped, unable to look away from him. "Us." Sasha felt like a little child about to be reprimanded for something she had done. "There's no reason for me to dream that dream, but it was so real. I felt so happy, and so in love, and I could tell you were as well. Before I tried to see your face, but you wouldn't come close to the window, but before I woke up I saw your face, and I said your name." She glanced away finally.

"I don't know what to say, I really don't, just that I'm kind of freaking out since it was so real. I rarely dream, and they never feel real, but it felt as though I was living it." She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, that's about it."

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 pm

“That too is also a possibility my dear. There are a few things that we can’t stop no matter how hard we try. If we were meant to have some disability, fate will find a way to give it to us even if we did something to counteract the normal flow. Going against fate is a very risky business.” He paused and listened to the rest of what she had to say to him. She seemed to be fighting with herself more than the fact that she was telling him all her fears and what she had dreamt of. It was a little troubling to him as well.

“So you came by to ask me about that because you had a dream of us together?” he questioned again. It was odd. He wouldn’t have been able to see his own future so it was highly unlikely that what he saw had been himself with her unless something changed to make it that way. He pondered the question a little more and tilted his head to the side like a dog would.

“You don’t have to be ‘freaked’ by it. It may have been a dream induced by something I had told you about last night. This may be a little personal of a question but it is something I want to ask more for myself than for the purpose of solving the situation. I understand that you aren’t afraid of me or repulsed by vimpyres such as myself, but would you despise yourself if indeed we did have a relationship? I warn you now whatever your answer may be, that any type of a relationship with a vimpyre is forbidden by the laws and risky in itself. We don’t drink blood or anything like a vampire, but it is risky none the less since life spans come into question as well as behavior. A lot of pain would be involved for both parties or just one of them.”

Leonardo rubbed his hands together and didn’t take his eyes off of her. It was a serious question and one he wished he would never have to ask again.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Sasha watched him, glad to hear that things were sometimes set in stone and no matter what, you couldn't change those facts. She blushed lightly again. "Yes, it's sort of a silly reason, but I was curious, and I just think that you're the only one who can really provide me with answers." She bit her lip as she was still unsure if she was really going through with all of this. Getting to know him and allowing her walls down was dangerous, and she understood that, but she was finding that she was really beginning to not care about consequences.

"That may be why I had the dream, but it bothers me simply because I haven't dreamt in so long. Like I said, even the vague dreams I have don't feel like that. I'm scared because of the emotions I felt, they were so strong." She furrowed her brow for a moment as she quieted to listen to him. She thought carefully over what he had said. She accepted him, and what he was, but could she accept a relationship with him? She also knew that it was heavily against the law and there were severe punishments if a relationship was ever discovered.

"The more I think about it, the more I accept the thought. I have nothing against you, something happened to me to shape my opinion of your kind, and I know that you can't be bad people. I don't know why the government is so scared of you when it kind of seems like your at a major disadvantage to the rest of us. The laws they put against you are completely unfair-" she stopped as she had become a little passionate in her speech. "Sorry, that was rambling. My answer is no, I wouldn't be ashamed nor would I despise myself." She looked at him for some sort of prompt at what else she could say.

"Pain would be proof that it is all real, so why not?" she finally smiled lightly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Leonardo listened and couldn’t help but allow a smile to cross his lips. She was getting passionate about the subject. Maybe he was more convincing than he gave himself credit for. Nonetheless, there were dangers involved and she only had the romantic view of it. It was obvious in the way she was ready to take the pain without really understanding what that pain was. He knew it all too well. He had gone through it three times in his life and he didn’t want to go through it again.

“Yes, pain can sometimes mean that something is real, but pain can also rip away who you used to be. I am not talking about idle pain that goes away. I used to be young like you. I was full of life and did whatever I could under the laws condition o r broke those rules and I paid for those mistakes eventually, but that is a different story we don’t need to discuss right now. What we do need to discuss is something we all face.

“Two times I had to watch my lover die. One of them was a car accident, the other of old age. Before she got too old, she left me because she hated seeing us together. She knew she was old and I still looked like I was twenty years old. The third found out what I was quickly enough and tried to kill me. It was for the best that we separated. I wasn’t ready to forget the lover that left me because of her aging. I think I loved her best out of all three.”

He cleared his throat to get back on track before continuing. “ I have been through a lot and I don’t want to put you through anything bad. Watching you die wouldn’t be easy just as I am sure watching me die would hurt you. Sometimes those scars can heal and you can move on, but it never goes away fully. You’ll always remember. Also, if the Reinforcers found out, they would kill us both. I am not prepared to have someone die because of me. It already happened once.”

He stood up then and walked over to the window and barely lifted the curtains to look out of it. He squinted but did his best to keep his eyes open and look out. He didn’t know what he was purposing. Did he want to try having a relationship with her? He had only known her one night after all. It was too early to commit to any promise like that. “For now, I think it would be better if we stayed friends. We can’t conform our lives just because of a vision which could be faulty. I understand your concerns about the dream, but we should just live the time we have and if anything does form, good for us. If it doesn’t, maybe it was best. Don’t change because of a vision is the main point I am trying to say,” he finally explained and turned away from the window and blinked profusely.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Sasha watached him carefully as he spoke. She was starting to feel more comfortable in his presence and with the topic they were speaking as they continued discussing what could happen. She sighed. She knew she couldn't have any way of expecting or preparing herself for the pain that would come with a relationship with him. "That's awful," she said softly as he talked of his past lovers. He was nearly 500 years in age, and he had only had three relationships? That was so lonely in Sasha's mind.

"I agree, we really have just met, and the thought of a relationship is too soon for any couple, I'm fine with being friends for now." She said and watched as he had moved the the window. "I suppose I have nothing to say to you regarding death of either one of us, since I really haven't known the pain that comes with love. I'm sorry to hear that someone had died for you, but I believe that it would be worth it. What's the point in living in a world where you can't love freely?" she smiled slightly.

Sasha sighed. "I suppose the one reason I really feel so strongly about your kind, and accept you so much easier than other's..." She stopped. She wasn't sure why she was telling him this. No one knew this story, at least not the honest version of it. "Around a year ago I was about to lose my life, but someone like you came to my rescue and saved me from a lot of suffering. Up until then I didn't necessarily dislike you and was prejudice against you, but I didn't believe you to be able to feel like I could." She frowned as she stared at the wall. "I guess I'm saying that I feel that I've been living on borrowed time, so if I do end up dead, which everyone does anyway, than I'm fine with that." She assured him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Leonardo listened to what she had to say in silence. It wasn’t his place to respond to her beliefs. He had learned there were many things you couldn’t argue about with someone. Those included religion, beliefs, and politics. What was the point in living in a world where you couldn’t love freely. Huh. That was an interesting thought. He had lived in that world for over 400 years now. A small smirk played on his lips but he didn’t voice his opinion on it.

“You are lucky. Not many vimpyres would go and save someone like you on a dark scary night. Humans tend to blame the vimpyre for the action even thought they saved them. We live in a very odd world indeed. I am glad that whoever saved you did. You are a flower untainted by the government’s lies and power. However, talking about death isn’t a very cheery topic for the morning. Let us put that out of our minds eh?” he asked and came back over to the couch.

“I am glad you are sharing with me though. It makes me fell… needed? No that’s not the word…” he began and looked down at the floor. “Happy maybe. It gets a little lonely when you only talk to two people. You are a welcome addition into my little ‘family’ of friends. I don’t have many of those and I cherish each one as much as I can. If you ever need help or anything, I will always offer my service if I am around.” He gave her a smile but was beginning to feel awkward. What would they talk about now?

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Sasha laughed slightly, but it was hollow and rather empty. "Yes, you're right, many people would easily blame their savior for the problems. That is definitely a very odd thing." She blushed lightly at his compliment and looked away. He was right, death really wasn't a good topic to dwell on. "I agree, death is making me rather depressed right now and depression isn't a very fun emotion to be experiencing." She smiled lightly.

"Well if it means anything, I am feeling better, and lighter in a sense, now that I've been able to open up about this. It's still weirding me out." She gave him half a smile. "Thank you for allowing me into your personal circle of friends," she finally gave him a full smile. "Thank you for the offer, I'm sure that I'll make use of it at one point or another..." She trailed off as she really had no idea what to say to him now.

For a moment she sat quietly, thinking, racking her mind for anything to say now. They had everything in the open, but that almost made things words once silence reined.

"How's Dacre, he did not look very content when you left?" she asked finally. Sasha felt lame for falling back on Dacre, someone she knew even less of than Leonardo, but she was worried for him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:43 pm

“You are very welcome,” he managed and he was glad that she was happy. It was good to know that somewhere his presence would be missed when he finally passed on. It was such an odd thought; passing on. He longed for it and dreaded it at the same time. He didn’t kill anyone and he had tried to live his life in an honorable way, but what would happen after death? He had lost faith in God when he was younger and now he wondered if he was wrong to doubt.

Then her question came to him and he looked up. “I haven’t contacted Dacre since last night. He would be asleep right now. Usually vimpyres are asleep during the day. I just have an insomnia problem so you are lucky,” he laughed. “Dacre will be shaken for a while but eventually he takes my other words to heart and try to forget about it. I wish I didn’t say anything in front of him. I slip up now and then but it pains me to see him like that…” he answered.

He trailed off and looked down a little. “I worry about him. I am not going to be around forever and I don’t know how he will take my death. Oh wonderful, we are back on the topic of death!” he laughed and looked up at the ceiling. “I am sorry about such horrible topics. Hm, let’s see… what to talk about? Interests maybe?”

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Sasha kept her eyes fixed on him. There was something about him that was just...pleasant. The way he spoke held her captivated even though their topics hadn't been very stimulating and great. "Ah, well that is certainly strange. Do you perhaps sleep in coffins?" she attempted to make the whole mood lighter, but she wasn't sure if she had succeeded. "Well I'm sure he'll get over it. He seems like he can bounce back from nasty things rather quickly." She said simply. She really did hope that Dacre wouldn't dwell on what Leonardo had said.

A smile flitted across Sasha's face. "Perhaps we both are in denial that the topic is just too intriguing to set aside." She said. "Interests? Wow, well if this doesn't sound stalkerish at all, then I don't know what does. You, I mean not you specifically, but your kind, I mean not that you aren't interesting or anything, but I just met you, and it would be super stalkerish if I was just so interested in you and I-" she stopped and blushed. She hadn't realized how nervous she had felt. "I'm so sorry, I've been diagnosed with clinical rambling." She smiled.

"Well what about you? You've lived for so long, what could possibly be holding your interests?" she turned the tables.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!