Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blood and Mail: Hark Our Tale

a part of “Blood and Mail: Hark Our Tale”, a fictional universe by Talisman.

In a land torn by war and ravaged my monsters, will a band of Mercenaries rise to the occasion?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blood and Mail: Hark Our Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Blood and Mail: Hark Our Tale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 pm

This is the OOC to talk about Blood and Mail. To throw around ideas, backstories, quests, suggestions, and all that delicious stuff.

So... Any Q&As?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Blood and Mail: Hark Our Tale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm

No questions really, but I like the possibilities of this one. With luck I'll have a character up for approval by the end of the day.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 pm

I like it. I'm in!

Will post a character asap!

Is it okay if my character is a 18 year old girl by the way? XD
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Of course, though I would suppose that is the cut off age. Can't really have fifteen - sixteen year olds running a muck as a mercenary company. No one would take them seriously!

And I seemed to have run into a problem. I had this idea for the RP for a while, though.. Now I don't who to play as... Really, one would think I would have a character in mind before I made the RP. That's not the case apparently...

But I will get one up once I get inspiration.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Takeshi Shuhan on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:08 pm

You said weave a spell as a weapon in the intro. Which races can do magic, and what kind of limits are there to magic?

Takeshi Shuhan
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk_by_Day on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm

This sounds like it will be really awesome! I noticed how you wrote about chaotic good duel-weilding Drows....Not sure if I was going to go for a duel-weilder....I was thinking more of a Pyromaniac-esc caster Drow with a staff that has a blade at each end... Though I wanted to ask you first. I can go with another Race if you wish. ^.^ I just need to figure out a different race, that will fit similar characteristics of a Fire-Battlemage.
When the sun sets upon thy soul,
I shall wander the world once again.
When the Moonglow shines upon thy skin,
I shall hunt for thine sustenance once again.
When the world ends,
I shall once again be set free....

Dusk_by_Day
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Oh snap, questions!

Alright, first one. Takeshi. Any race can caste magic. Though, I suppose each would have their specialties. Dwarves can be great battle priests, Elves have advantage over nature magic, and Human's dabble in a bit of both.

I'm not a big fan of limiting anything, just make it to where it's not... Over powered. No instant kill or such. As for limits of magic, Say... It's needs a word and it drains your strength according to the power of the spell, also, try to make the age appropriate to the character's expertise. So, no eighteen year old with a nukeball spell. Also, try to be within the group's range, so no 100+ year old wizard with a nukeball spell... Why would he be traveling with the group?

To be quite honest, everything I didn't say, can more or less fall in the lines of Dungeon's and Dragons territory. I'm very lenient, as long as it makes sense and is all... Flowy.

Now, the second one. Dusk. I really wasn't expecting a Drow character to be honest. But, if you can make it creative then I don't mind. I don't know where an "Underdark" would fit in Pelagius... Perhaps inside the southern mountains? I don't know, it's completely up to you. Magic, I already elaborated on in the first question.

Now, I believe I have got an idea for my Character, Felix. A ranger.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk_by_Day on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Ah, I see your point Talisman. I have done some research on different D&D races, and I think I like the idea of being an Air Genasi. If I read correctly they are descended from humans who interbred with Djinn centuries ago, and the characteristic genes stayed in the bloodline. So I was thinking that maybe he could have been born in the plains possibly..nice and breezy :P. Though I'm having trouble finding a picture I like that is of human descent. Most of the genasi I found have the elongated ears of an elf. Though being a different world from that of Faerun/ forgotten realsm ect. Maybe I could switch the human part with elf..or say the ears are of djinn origins...Or does it not matter what the origin of my character's looks matter?

Dusk_by_Day
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 pm

It's completely up to you. Handle it however you want to handle it. If you can explain it well, then you can do it...

'Cept for a nukeball. (I like that word though)

and Takeshi.

MOAR INFO! You straight up skipped gender, age, and race. You didn't explain what were "Trench Knives" and your character sounds overpowered. He wears 40 pounds of weight on all limbs, yet still moves normally AND can caste magic? That's getting close to nukeball territory. You didn't elaborate enough on your History. How did he come by such strength? How did he start using magic? Where did he learn or how to use the trench knives? Where in Taloth was he born? Plains? Forest? Mountain?

I'm sorry to pick apart your character like that, but I want good attention to detail/realism... (You know, as real as throwing fireballs around can get.)

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk_by_Day on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Hmm...not so sure about a Nukeball....Maybe a Nuke-Tornado of swirling death and destruction.... ^.^

Dusk_by_Day
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:12 pm

My character is up for approval... Or not. :p

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Oooh, an Assassin! Plus, she seems to have potential... what with being 18 and all.

Accepted. *Stamps*

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Takeshi Shuhan on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Resubmitted, and I'm happy I reworked it. I think it's a lot better now.

Takeshi Shuhan
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Yay! *does happy dance*

For the record... In my rp world where Ali was originally conceived I play her at 16, and she can be quite deadly. But I wanted to make her slightly wiser (not so stupid) for this. xP

Anyway...

Looking forward to rping with you all! :D

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Wow... I go work on a character for a couple hours and suddenly the OOC is super active... My character has been submitted for approval or not. If you have any notes or things that you would like to me to change, expound upon etc, then please let me know.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Expound upon? Nah, you blew me away with Nassandra. I like her. So, accepted, but that was a given and you probably already knew that.

Dusk? Tobias is accepted as well. He does indeed remind me of a tornado, what with wind magic and the double bladed sword. Neat

And finally, Takeshi. Allazarn is still kinda bare compared to the others, although I'll let it go and accept you.

*Three sets of stamps*

Right, If anything, we'll get this party right here started tomorrow at some point. Give the stragglers a chance to come in and check it out.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk_by_Day on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Wow...I just taught myself that code stuff...I hope me editing and editing and editing..didn't fill up a hole page of acceptings...But that is the best profile I've ever done <0>_<0> Can't wait! And yes...tornado sounds about right...I keep re-imagining this twisting air jump double slice stab move....

Dusk_by_Day
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

I have read through the story yesterday and already considered joining and now read the already accepted character sheets want to be part of it. :D

I will have my sheet up this afternoon, maybe tomorrow. I though about either playing something sociable, such as a swashbuckler-type or bard for that matter, or maybe some healer. I have yet to decide, so if you say that a role in the band of mercenaries is yet to be filled, hit me. I don't want to steal anyone's spotlight...

So, aside from the other matters, that have already been solved upon magic and similar things, I am asking just out of interest: Which deities do exist in this world? Those that could be taken from D&D? How much influence do the churches have upon politics. Maybe also a little structure of the forces from the warring kingdoms? Any other background info you might have for us?
If you want to leave all those facts to us, also fine with me...^^

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 am

Yay we get to start soon. Also, I really wasn't sure if you would accept her or not. She's pretty good for a few hours, but she's by far not my best thought out character ever. Then again there were a few places in the description where I had to fight the urge to actually write out bits of the scenes, so maybe I shouldn't have been so worried. I get a little insecure sometimes about my characters, with her... She's a little different then the sort of character that I would normally do for something like this and that made it feel a little less assured to me I guess.

And Dusk, having acted as GM before, unless you created a new character every time, editing shouldn't have created new acceptance dings.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk_by_Day on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 am

Oh good, thank you Phoenixrisen. I was a tad worried at the thought of filling an in box with about 6 re-edits to get all the words and pictures in the...somewhat right place :)

Dusk_by_Day
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!