Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Boarding School for the "Gifted" Restart ((OOC))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Boarding School for the "Gifted" Restart ((OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pyschogirl on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:54 am

This is a restart for a roleplay that has been abandoned by it's GM. A lot of the people in the group felt that it should've gone on and so....I have created the restart! Xiphoniii will co-GM with me and we'll try out a few of our ideas that we have to keep the plot going. Basically, we're planning to go with what sikundead was going with, but with a few changes. Here's what his description was:

[quote=sikundead]On an uncharted island is a large boarding school where parents send their "gifted" or as some believed cursed children. They train the children to maintain and use their powers effectively. The children that come there have a variety of powers from flying to super strength. Those who fly can't get out and no one can get in due to a force field generated by some the strongest phsyic members of society.
[/quote]

It's not exactly explanatory, but you get the plot. We're accepting newcomers as well as the people who applied in the old roleplay. If you already had your character from the last game, I'm willing to let you copy and paste it in here. I'm thinking of just keeping the same skeleton, because they're really isn't much more besides that, you know? For all of the new people, or old people who decided to add more or have a different character or whatever, here's the skeleton:

Name:
Powers (Max is two):
Personality:
Appearance:

Here be my skeleton. It sucks, but I don’t really have time to make a new one at the moment.

Name: Anna Harrison
Powers: Electricity
Personality: Anna has always been an out-loud sort of person. She speaks her mind when she disagrees with something. Her attention span can't be said to be the same. She is often daydreaming of other things, like music and what other way she can prank teachers and students. She's a loose cannon and a juvenile deilquent, according to her parents. When in reality, she was only trying to get some attention.
Appearance: Image

A Few Rules

1. No God-Modding: Yes, you are superpowerful, but you aren't Superman. You have to lose sometimes.
2. No one-liners if I can help it.
3. If you want multiple characters, keep track of all of them. I’ll let you have three max.
4. Please try to spell things correctly and use all those weird grammar rules.
5. Don’t Do One Of These Numbers or try txt spk. k?
6. Do what Xiphoniii and I say, or we will come down on you.
7. PG-16, maybe? Anything higher than that, then get an inbox and a room.
8. DO NOT ABANDON!

Oh, by the way, there’s this other idea/plot thing that there is this Rebellion type thing against the school. Maybe I should add that to the skeleton…But anyway, just think about that when writing up your characters. I will be head of the Rebellion and Xiphoniii will be the head of the good guys, since sikundead isn’t here.

There really isn’t anything else for me to say, so….get posting!
Image Image Image

My people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pyschogirl
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Boarding School for the "Gifted" Restart ((OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkpriest on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 am

(is it alright if Remeus is dropped off on the island by the police?)

Name: Remeus
Powers (Max is two): Generation and manipulation of water in all its forms, if wounded ice will replace the damaged area if it can’t be healed naturally.

Personality: To say Remeus can from a troubled home is to assume there was a home to come from, to say Remeus is a loner assumes people try to be his friend and he avoid them, to say he’s cynical, aggressive and irrational its probably accurate. He grew up in a orphanage, his farther died in a car crash trying to get to the hospital, his mother died giving birth waiting for her husband to arrive. Remeus power shoed themselves when he became a teenager, an older boy had picked a fight with Remeus, Remeus caused a plastic bottle of water in his hand to explode as the water became ice, the older boys hand was relatively shredded. After that Remeus ran away.

Appearance: Remeus had black hair, its thick, long and untended. He has blue eyes. Hes relatively tall 6ft, but not muscular, he’s skinny, under nourished. He wears black jeans a black t shirt and a grey double breasted great coat, his right arm is made of ice it functions as a normal arm and a normal hand, the ice fits perfectly into the remains of his arm just bellow his shoulder, the arm was lost during a confrontation with the police. The area around him is kept at bellow freezing by his power, it’s a non conscious that Remeus has little control over.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkpriest
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am

Name
Kaywinnit L. Frye

Nickname
Kaylee

Sex
Female

Affinity
She has an affinity with technology, meaning that she can assemble or disassemble most electronics easily and converse with it in the process. Unfortunately, she sometimes confuses the chatter of electronics with the chatter of people.

Personality
Generally cheerful, Kaylee is easily scared and when in the midst of a fight she usually hides behind someone else. If she were given a gun she'd be unable to look when she shoots it, and either way wouldn't hit anyone. She is intelligent though, and is a hard worker. She loves technology, and if you gave her even the most broken thing she would instantly fall in love with it and put all of her love, devotion, and caring into every piece of it.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaNekoMagik on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 am

Name: Crysanthemum "Crisy" Anderson
Powers (Max is two): Music
Personality: Crysanthemum is hard on everyone and has virtually no friends, minus the girl she's known her whole life. She is cold to people, but can be depended on when needed. She doesn't take crap from anyone and is ready to fight whenever she is attacked. She is still a huge otaku and really hates people in general. She can often seem like a b****, but she is really just misunderstood.
Appearance:Image

Name: Lilac "Lili" Montgomery
Powers (Max is two): Air
Personality: She is kind to everyone and is essentially the exact opposite of her best friend, Crisy. She hates fighting, but loves gossiping with her friends. She likes almost everything. She has many friends and is really popular, which makes people wonder why Crisy is her friend.
Appearance:Image
Last edited by LunaNekoMagik on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Luna, the night is my dream.
I am Neko, nothing but me

And I am Magik, in nature and trees.
LunaNekoMagik
easy to see

LunaNekoMagik
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Herr Untoten on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Name: Johannes Faust

Powers: Johannes has the power to manipulate his bones, thus creating weapons or shields, or pretty much any tool he might need. He also has the power of body part replacement, so if he loses an arm, he can simply stop the bleeding by clotting it with his bones and put it back on or replace it with another and it will function normally. He has a special stitching that allows this so he can do the same for others. (If he can't find an arm to use, he has no problem forming a working one with his bones.)

Personality: Insane; the single best word to describe Johannes. Genius would be another excellent word, his IQ nearing 200. Johannes is very eccentric, curious, and charismatic. He always seems to be in a good mood, a wide grin on his face. He has trouble understanding other's pain, finding it quite pleasurable himself. For having no problem dissecting a live child, he is actually rather friendly and polite. His curiosity knows no bounds, he wants to learn everything, especially about medicine, aspiring to be the greatest surgeon the world has ever known. The only clues to his past can be seen in quick flashes of a dark sorrow in his face, which are rarely seen. He is also known to sneak off on his own to think, becoming very serious when he does so. When it comes to fighting, he really isn't much of a fighter. Being a doctor at heart, he prefers to hang back and take care of the injured. However, if he feels as if his, or anyone's close to him, life's in danger, he will attack furiously and mercilessly, the feelings of the night he lost his love overwhelming him.

Background: Since a very young age he had always been very curious, wanting to learn everything he could about math, languages, life, but mostly, the human anatomy. The body had always fascinated him, especially since the discovery of his powers of bone manipulation. As he grew older, he fell in love with a girl whose arms had both been amputated due to a car crash she had been in. Desperate to do everything he could for her, he researched day and night with little to no rest until he had created a thread that could bind the tissue, bones, and muscles back together (this being created through a very difficult process that required the use of corpses). He replaced her arms, functioning perfectly and she instantly fell in love with this boy who had done so much for her. One night, as they were walking home from a movie, a man had stepped out from the shadows and demanded their money, trying to be a hero and finally finding a good use for his special power, he attacked the man. The man was so shocked he immediately fell to Johannes, thinking he was out cold, he turned and walked back to his girlfriend. The man sat back up and shot right through Johannes, killing his love right in front of him. When Johannes awoke at the hospital he didn't speak for several days. They released him after a week and he wandered the streets, lost. Walking down the same route he had taken that fateful night a week ago, he spotted the man, sitting in an alleyway alone. That was the moment Johannes snapped. He didn't become enraged, in fact it was almost quite the opposite, a huge grin spread across his face. He walked up to the man and knocked him out before he knew what happened. That was the last day anyone ever saw that man. More and more people went missing after this. Later, it was discovered by his mother that Johannes had stored several dead bodies in their crawlspace, all of them identified by the police to be the missing people. He was tried and found legally insane and sentenced to a mental hospital. When he turned 17 an offer was made to him. He would be granted some freedom on an island specifically created for training of children with powers like him. They would be able to handle him if he proved to not be ready for social life. If he passed with no problems he would be released. Johannes gladly accepted.

Appearance:Fairly short for his age, Johannes is only about 5'7" and weighing in at only 147 lbs. Needless to say, he's pretty thin, too. His body has stitching all over from his days of "experimenting". He has shaggy, messy, naturally pure white hair. He has stitching over his right eye from chin to his hairline. He is constantly grinning, showing off magnificently white teeth. He has a slight stubble goatee and actually has no eyebrows. His most striking feature, however, is his eyes. His eyes, always wide open, watching, learning, are an intensely bright green, accentuated by the dark rings under his eyes from countless sleepless nights. He usually wears a pair of baggy shorts, combat boots, a t-shirt sporting something different everyday, and a jacket that comes to his knees. To top off his unique style, he wears a black and white striped scarf and a pair of magnifying goggles set in a leather strap that he usually wears more like a head band until needed.
Jesus: The Original Zombie

OMG! Mass Effect RP!!! http://www.roleplaygateway.com/mass-effect-roleplay-t38911.html

Herr Untoten
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puppylovelolly12 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Name: Faye merigold
Powers (Max is two): Mind-reading
Personality: Faye is one of the quiet ones that if you pass in the corrider you don't give a passing thought to, faye knows this as she can their thought. She is generally quite sweet and polite to everyone unless they are rude to anyone she cares where she can get quite larey.
Appearance:

puppylovelolly12
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Squeee! It's here! Anyways...*cough, cough* ahem. Cars. Girls. Macho stuff. Like I was saying. Yeah, here's my old character, just slightly tweaked. Glad to see so many people are on board!

Name: Liam D. Angelou

Powers(only two): Technopath. Due to his inexperience, this currently manifests itself in merely being really good with machines and computers, and a pretty decent tinkerer, more than any human has a right to be. Some strange stuff has been going on with him lately though...

Personality: Extremely Genre Saavy. Is usually a Magnificent Bastard, minus the evil, and is known to play Xanatos Speed Chess on a regular basis, usually resulting in a Thirty Xanatos Pileup.

Appearence: Image

Other: Also has a pair of black combat boots he made himself. Contain steam Jets in the bottom, allowing limited flight, and various other effects. One pocket on each side of each boot with a knife, slightly smaller than a dagger, for both melee combat and throwing. He calls them the Negrons

And yes, I am evil for linking you to TVtropes. Four times.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Um...just because it bugs me, and I like scientific explanations. I assume water generation would be the act of fusing Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms from the air into H2O? Also. Music. Is that basically sound? The compression and expansion of molecules for sound waves? Or something different. Sorry, I like knowing what's going on with everybody's abilities before I interact. Two more questions. What are the extents of the airbending and apparent technomancy of Faye and Lili? Oops. Forgot one. When you make shields and stuff out of bone, is it still linked to your nervous system? Like, if I hit/break one, will it hurt? Alright, I'm done...for now. I have an annoying tendency to want to know the how and why of everything, but I'll try to hold back, for the sake of my Willing Suspension of Disbelief. Try.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Liam and Kaylee would be quite a combination, ha ha ha.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Herr Untoten on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 pm

yes, the bones are just like regular bone. they can break and will hurt when they do, however, johannes is sort of a masochist, so he doesn't mind, lol. same goes for when the bones breaks the skin, any replaced limbs' (including those that may not have initially been his own limbs) nerves also attach so he would also feel pain in those.

Herr Untoten
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pyschogirl on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Wow, shit. I didn't think it'd be as popular as I thought it would. And only like a few hours, you know? But I shall go down the list...

Darkpriest: Eh...I'd rather not, but you could be like sent there unconditionally by the police. It's supposed to be sort of like Dr Xavier's school, you know? Not many people know about it and not a lot of people are supposed to know about it. But you are accepted.

Forensic_Anthro: Good. Awesome. Accepted.

LunaNekoMagik: Erm...could you sort of explain yourself (or yourselves) a little better? Like the personality was only two or so sentences. I would like to know more about them.

Herr Untoten: Ooooh. Thick skeleton. You're totally accepted. So, your character is like an evolved cell regenerator, I guess would be the best way of putting it? Quite something. Can't wait to see what'll happen with Johannes :D

Xiphoniii: Hrm....I don't know, Xiphoniii....Lolz, joking. Yesh, you are accepted. Anna needs Hon- oh wait, he's Liam now? Oh. Okay then, Anna needs Liam then :D

I'll wait a little bit and then I'll put the IC up soon. 'Kay?

pyschogirl
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Heh...sorry. I'd used that name so much I was almost a little sick of it. Decided to get a bit creative lately. But yeah, fine. And thanks for the explain Herr!

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Xiphoniii wrote:What are the extents of the airbending and apparent technomancy of Faye and Lili?

Neither of the above stated characters have technomancy. I'm guessing you meant Kaylee and not Faye?

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Herr Untoten on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 pm

no prob, xiph! i understand what you mean about wanting some sort of explanation. and thanks psycho! johannes is actually one of my favorite characters, so i'm quite proud of him, lol. but yeah, i never really thought of it that way, but evolved cell regeneration is the perfect way of describing his powers.

Herr Untoten
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkpriest on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 am

Thanks for accepting me, I wont make must of the police thing, although in a world with gifted the governments of the world must have some knowledge of it, but mostly it will be for back story in my first post as wont matter that much.

With my power, using oxygen and hydrogen in the air to produce water, but since there is so must water in the air normally but also in clouds, a lot within plants and the dirty, often my character uses water that is already around rather then generating it.

I didn’t but this in on the powers i wanted to see what everyone was putting. I was wondering if it would be ok if my character can disassemble his physical form into water and then reassemble it from water. The effect would be that I could walk into a pond somewhere then walk out of a pond somewhere else.

The physics are slightly questionable, since all atoms are made of the same things subatomic manipulation is possible, but might be considered a power in itself, although I can only manipulate my powers into water and back from water. Also transporting myself from water to water which is unconnected can be explained through thriving through water in the ground and plants and such, since all water kind of connected. So the transportation would have a time lag, it would be relatively quick, but the time lag would be longer the further between the to bodies of water.

I can understand if this power is a bit too far.

Darkpriest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puppylovelolly12 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Well Faye is a mind-reader which is a bit self-explaintary, but if you mean how far she can read, It's not much, she can see one or two sentence thoughts,such as, 'Wow that girl is fiinne' or ' i fancy a bag of chips' ( just for randoms) but thats it, she can't dig any deeper into anyones mind.

puppylovelolly12
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Fine by me! What do you think, Pyscho? Oh, and sorry forensic, I meant Kaylee....

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Hey folks. I started the IC. Welcome to the island from your student council president...

boarding-school-for-the-gifted-restart-t36488.html

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mayflower on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Umm any space left? :'D

Name: Ocean
Powers (Max is two): Natural Witchcraft. Forcefeild.
Personality: Ocean likes to keep herself to herself. She had a bad childhood, She lived with her Dad since the age of 3. When her powers kicked in at 5 her father tried everything to get rid of it, terrible awful things. She has always been frightened of him since even though he says sorry, and regrets it deeply. She makes friends easily but can be wary around new people. She can also be shy but it takes the right person to get her to open up. Ocean loves animal as she can control some of them too, but will never take away their full will, She cannot control stronger minded animals. She can also make anything of natural form move, butnot humans they are too strong. She dosent use her power much because it weakens her and a Forcefeild she can only hold it for a few minutes before getting exausted, so she dosent have good stamina. She feels insecure a lot and gets paranoid easily.
Appearance: Ocean has bright greem emerald coloured eyes and pretty red Auburn hair. She has a few freckles around her face and is extremely pretty. She stands at 5ft5, Average and is curvy. Ocean also has very good balance and can run pretty fast, but not much faster than an average human as that is what she is when it dosent involve her powers.
boom shaka laka. -.-

Mayflower
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Herr Untoten on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:56 pm

lol, ok, just so you know, i will spell phonetically. So since Johannes speaks with a German accent, when he speaks i spell the words how he says them, w's as v's and th's as z's, are the typical pronunciation. alrighty, that should clear up any confusion!

Herr Untoten
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!