Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bonjour! (Chocolate Tartlets Inside)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Bonjour! (Chocolate Tartlets Inside)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lpwrites on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 am

Hello, everyone! So nice of you to stop by and hallooo me. Rigel's given me a rather lovely starting point, so away we go...

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
lpwrites is my nom de plume, because it's been my online ID for quite some time. My initials are L.P. and I guess I chose it when I was 15 or so, just because I love writing.
2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
Actually, the almighty Google did lead me here. I haven't roleplayed on a public site in ages and was more than a little weary of my usual companions, so I searched and found y'all.
3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
I've been roleplaying online since 2003. I first got involved when a friend of mine set up a small private roleplay based on our favorite television show at the time The OC (I know, groan) and it was distinctly terrible. From there, though, we grew and built many more rps, both private and on large forum sites like Gaia (before it was quite so horrifying) and Mystical Realms.
4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
As I said before, I having been roleplaying with a small, private group of people. That was starting to get a little dull. While the company of one's friends is completely delightful, it can wear a bit thin after a long period of time. I wanted to start fresh, roleplaying with people I'd never met and with whom I wasn't so terribly familiar.
5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
I'm very flexible when it comes to both plots and settings. I genuinely believe that the best roleplays are character-based and, so long as the characters are strong and dynamic, then I'll be glad to play Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Historical, Modern or even the overworked High School.
6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
The whole mounting insects thing brings up a world of double entredres, so I'm going to leave that alone. I do knit and crochet, I'm basically an old lady before my time, but I find extremely soothing and wouldn't give it up for the world.
7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
Though my chair folding skills are sadly lacking, I am quite the pastry chef. I just recently won a pie-cook-off in my county and have destroyed the competition at many a baking event. I'm far too proud of this, but I love to bake.
8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
I know nary a soul, I'm afraid. Though I am quite excited to meet y'all. I hope to form some relationships and get to know some people.

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?

Cookies really aren't special enough for the lot of y'all. I'll give you chocolate tartlets instead...

"All the best stories are but one story in reality - the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
-- A. C. Benson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lpwrites
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Bonjour! (Chocolate Tartlets Inside)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 am

Just so you know, I only came for the chocolate...
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lpwrites on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Just so you know, I spit in it... hehe

lpwrites
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

That's horrible!

Which... makes you awesome. Welcome aboard RolePlayGateway! Heh. So I totally read that you used to play on Mystical Realms, yeah? I tried it out once and was totally confused. That place seems so awesome but way way scary. How long did you end up sticking around?

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Welcome L.P!

You sound utterly delightful! I've recently tried teaching myself how to crochet via hard-to-understand Youtube videos. I bought a pattern for a Red-Riding type of hood and am scared wit-less to attempt such a project! I may come groveling before you, pleading for your expertise.

Anywho... *munches on a delicious chocolate tartlet*
'Dese are 'eally goooood! Spit and all!

I hope to see you around and get a chance to role play with you!
If you have any other questions, ask away!
-Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lpwrites on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm

@Eos: Thanks for the welcome and also the awesome. Mystical Realms was pretty intimidating, but I had a very small group of close friends which made it less scary. It wasn't my favorite place, but I had friends that refused to go anywhere else, so...

@Lilaiy: Crocheting is muy divertido! It's not very hard, but those youtube videos confuse the crap out of me and I've been crocheting for years. I might start with a smaller project like a hat or a scarf, though; a full hood-a-majigger sounds really ambitious!

lpwrites
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:48 pm

*Explodes in to the room in his usual, blue flamed fashion, strolling out of the massive pyre calmly.*

Hmm...

*Looks you over once... twice...*

HHHHmmmmmmmmm...

*Nods*

Yes, you'll do just fine here.

My goodness! Where are my manners.

Allo, ma cherie. I am Tsuki, but you may call me whatever you feel appropriate. I am the resident avatar of explosive fires and cynical quips. I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

Before you decide to full-on immerse yourself in the Gateway, you may want to take a glance at The Rules. Though most people don't agree, they are quite important. You may also want to check out The Newbie Guide To RPG, just to familiarize yourself with the Gateway. The site, once you get used to it, is quite easy to navigate, but at first it may seem quite imposing. I'm usually here if you need help with anything, so feel free to drop me a line.

It's nice to see another lover of the Steampunk genre. 'T really is a dying breed... I hope I will see more of you on the RP Tab. I also hope you will bake me many delicious pastry items with your highly acclaimed baking skills.

Anywho, that's all I have to say... For now...

I'm always listening, even though I may occasionally--

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:59 am

Woo! Howdy-hey! :D I'm your friendly neighborhood Satomato, just duu-uucking in for a second. Maybe not exploding, but hey! I'm still here!

Welcome to RolePlayGateway! Lots of folks get dragged in by that monster, Google, but most of 'em stay. Heh. As for where you got your roleplaying origins, I know what you mean. My first was the Runescape members' forums. Don't hate. We were the golden age back then. Now it's complete crap.

Aa-aanyways, I think you'll like sticking around here! We've got a massive community of writers, so there's your start! Delve in, make some friends, tell some stories.

Hope to hear from you again!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:10 am

Bonjour mon amie.

Comment faites-vous aujourd'hui?

... And that's about the limit of my french, so I will have to continue in english. And I would have preferred the flames and smoke approach, but ... *Glares at Tsuki* Someone stole my thunder. Simply put, I was somewhat late.

Anyway, before I get too wrapped up in my infrequent post checking... I love writing too!!XD I'm currently working on a book, 23000 words is where it has reached. Nearing 24000. I've tried many other projects but that one is by far my best actual performance, I usually end up doing something else and leaving it... But that's just me and my short attention span.

I think that's about enough to earn a chocolate tartlet, don't you think? Extra ingredients or not.

Well, I'll see you around. *Vanishes in puff of smoke.*
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:27 pm

*Poofs back into the room with less intensity.*

Well, technically, I only explode in fire. There, for some reason, is no smoke produced by my appearances. So, you can most definitely explode into a room from the bowels of a cloud of smoke and still be different from I! That is all.

*Poofs again.*

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!