Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Brain Idea: Seven Deadly Sins.

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Brain Idea: Seven Deadly Sins.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sugarcake101 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Okay...so i've got this idea that won't seem to go away. I know what you're thinking. A newbie knows how to make orginal ideas for a roleplay? My answer: Yes. Here's the basic story line: It's 2012, you're in New York. You're guilty of a sin, it haunts you wherever you go. Yes...that's all I have thought out so far. So please, if you have any brain ideas ( BM ], please private message me. I only need 7 charries, one for each sin. Here's a list of the 7 Deadly Sins;
Pride
Greed
Envy
Anger
Lust
Gluttony
Sloth
Some say the world will end in Fire,
Some say in Ice,
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor Fire,
But if I had to Perish twice,
I think I know enough of Hate,
To say for Destruction Ice is also Great,
And would Suffice.

- Robert Frost. <3

Gir Loves You :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sugarcake101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Brain Idea: Seven Deadly Sins.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Everyone can have original ideas.
Most good stories by well-known authors aren't the labor of years of sweat. Simply daily thoughts and ideas coming together little by little. Anyone can make something nice to hear.

I'm glad you didn't add the new "sins" the German Pope thought were a fabulous idea to implement...

I guess the easiest thing to point out would be that the characters would need to somehow overcome, or try, their vice.
Only idea I got could be a single NPC meets them and slowly tries to bring out the best in them as all 7 lives intertwine >.>
Or, we could add dragons and magic! hehe...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sugarcake101 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks for the idea! Lol . I'll keep that in mind . I just came up with the idea of people who have a deadly sin, but that's as far as my mind went. I can't come up with anything beyond that =/

Sugarcake101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BambiSempremie on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Hm, this caught my attention because it reminded me of an RP on here that one of my friends made. Unfortunately, she abandoned it for various reasons (even though I tried to get her to continue it). I doubt that she would mind if I showed it to you for a few pointers as I helped her flesh out the plot slightly back then. All I can say is just don't copy it completely :)
roleplay/d-ed-co/#posting
Here is the link to it. If you need any more help, then just PM me :)

BambiSempremie
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!