Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bury me where I Fall

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Bury me where I Fall

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:50 am

Foreword

Well, sometime between two and six am in the early hours of the morning, inspiration hit me like a 2 x 4 in the face. Thus, as I usually do, I fervently began typing. This is the end result of that 2 x 4. This will be a freeform RP. There are no limits on how many hits per post, ect, I merely ask that you think of your opponent while typing, and keep in mind that when you're finished that post, it's their turn to get you back. The goal of this is not to fight, on the contrary, this RP is designed to force character development upon you. So keep in mind, if you want a fight, go make it in the battle arena. This isn't one big fight, it's one big, collaborative story.

Also keep in mind I am testing a 'class' system to represent the races. Your character must by human initially, but satisfy the conditions to unlock a new class and you gain a number of powers and abilities. Please message me with any ideas for new classes/secret classes.

Rules

The rules will be subject to change within the next few weeks as I discover rules that need to be made. Please check back often to avoid misunderstanding. If you have read and understand all the rules at the point you post your template, please include the name of the RP at the top of your post. These rules are in place to ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for all RPers involved, including yourself.

Serious Offences (One unjustifiable offence will result in removal from the RP and death of your character)
-Making your character overly powerful, eg: saying you can beat up a destroyer with your bare hands as a Note Reaper
-Controlling the actions of another character
-Killing off a character without the permission of it's owner

Moderate Offences (Five unjustifiable offences will result in removal from the RP and death of your character)
-Arguing OOC in this thread
-Disputing the descision of a GM on any offence
-One-line posts.
-Unreasonable posts (Too many hits, too severe damage, ect.)

Minor offences (Numerous repeated offences will result in removal from the RP and death of your character)
-Illegible literacy (If we can't read what you write)
-Plagerism of techniques, characters, ect from an outside source. Mythology is not included.
-Machine-gun posting
-Posts shorter then one paragraph.

Non-Acceptance offences (You get told you cannot join. Too bad.)
-Pictures in the Appearance or Attire fields
-Choosing a class that you are not permitted to choose
-Not reading the rules. They're in BOLD now. No excuse.

Reapers

Reapers exist to maintain the natural order. Without Reapers, there would be no death, Souls would not move from Earth to Heaven or Hell, the energy released by their corpses would not be reinvented as new life, and the world as we know it would cease to exist. To become a Reaper, you must die, and then become an apprentice to a strong Reaper. Additionally, you must have an exceptionally stong personality or force of will to be able to develop Reaper powers. There are two types of Reapers, Heaven and Hell, depending on which world the Reaper moves to after their death. Heaven Reapers are tasked with sending the faithful to Heaven when their time has come, while Hell Reapers are tasked with sending the souls of the wicked and evil to Hell. Each Reaper may only claim a soul who's time has come. If they claim a soul prematurely, they have broken the laws, and become a rogue, hunted by Heaven and Hell alike. Any being may claim the soul of a rogue Reaper without retribution.

When a Reaper 'Claims' a soul, they merely use their own body as a conduit between the living world and their world of origin. Reapers become stronger and faster the more souls they claim, and each soul they take allows them to remain in the living world slightly longer. Each soul is worth a different amount of time, based on how much they are wanted by the Reaper's world (EG, a devout christian would be worth a lot of time for a Heaven Reaper, while a mass murderer is the same for a Hell Reaper.) and how powerful the soul itself is. Most souls can be anywhere between half an hour to three days, thus Reapers must constantly reap souls to stay on Earth. If a Reaper runs out of time, they will lose their powers and return to Heaven or Hell as a spirit, and from there their afterlife progresses as it would have if they had never developed powers. If this happens to you, don't despair: providing you're smart enough to figure out a loophole in the laws of Reapers, you can use this as a step to become one of the super-powerful secret classes.

Reapers have several methods at their disposal to reap souls. These are called the Shroud. The Shroud is chosen by the individual, though if they learn from a master who uses a different Shroud, they will be less skilled with their own.

Edge
A Reaper who decides upon the Edge Shroud will manifest a weapon, known from then on as their Edge. All Edges are named, and initially can be no larger then a knife or shortsword, though it will evolve into more powerful forms as it continues to reap souls. An Edge will also bestow power upon the one that possesses it proportionate to how far it has evolved. Famous Edges include the flaming longsword of the Angel of Death, and the Deathscythe used by the Grim Reaper. If a Reaper who uses an Edge is defeated, they return to their place of origin, stripped of all power and nothing more then another dead soul, though all their power is absorbed by their weapon. In this event, if the weapon is not already at it's final stage of evolution, it will assume an imperfect final stage, and now belongs to the individual who defeated it's owner. It also takes on the name of it's owner in place of it's own name. Edges can be given to another being, or taken by force or trickery. The Edge will still function correctly, even for a mortal, and will still bestow additional power on them, but it will seek out it's original owner, subtly influencing the actions of it's new master to bring it closer to it's true owner. If the original owner is killed, their killer becomes the new true owner.

Gaze
A Reaper who uses the Gaze Shroud can claim a soul simply by meeting the gaze of a mortal. Their view must be completly unobstructed, and both eyes must be able to see the target. Also, the target themselves must meet the Reaper's gaze. For this reason, many Gaze reapers employ blindfolds, eyepatches, or eyewear to prevent themselves from claiming souls before their time. It is possible to take the powers of a Gaze Reaper via an eye transplant, and should a human manage this, they will almost certainly develop into an extra-powerful Reaper upon their death. They will also retain the Gaze Shroud should they choose to use another Shroud when they die.

Note
The Note Shroud is the most versatile of a Reaper's options, but also the weakest in physical combat. Notes are primarily employed by Reapers who prefer outwiting their opponants to defeating them in combat. Upon choosing their Shroud, a Note Reaper will manifest a book, scroll, or the like. They can kill mortals simply by writing the name of the target in their note, and if necessary, can specify the method of death, or the target's actions immediatly before their death, though they cannot give the target powers they do not already possess. The Note also gives them the ability to manipulate matter and energy in their surrounding area, which is their main strength in direct combat. If the Note is stolen by another being, the same rules apply as to the Edge.

Angels

Where Demons exist to consume life, Angels are the opposite: They exist to protect life. For every innocent life an Angel saves, their power increases dramatically. By defeating threats to life, an Angel can save many innocents at once, so Angels that hunt threats become steadily stronger and stronger. To become an Angel, a deceased person must have a pure heart. Upon their arrival in Heaven, they will begin to evolve. The more evolved an Angel is, the more wings they possess, with the exception of half-Angels. Half-Angels are those of pure heart who have commited a terrible sin during their life. Because of this, they fail to evolve properly, and only develop a set of wings on one side of their body. If an Angel is killed, it can be ressurected through the power of God, often unlocking hidden potential during.

Within the Hierachy of Angels, there are three seperate paths to follow.

Archangel
Archangels are the elite of the warrior angels: Clad in blessed armour, and weilding weapons of sizes normal humans could never even lift, they are capable of shrugging off weaker attacks effortlessly, can regenerate damage through the power of God.

Angel of Protection
The Angels of Protection live to protect others. They defeat their foes not through offence, but defence, with the ability to create barriers of varying types and strengths, and the ability to heal the wounds of others. They also possess the power to Banish any foe who they judge a threat to the living world back to their home world, or, if they are living, to Hell. However, they must only do this in life-threatening circumstances, or they risk being banished to the living world themselves.

Angel of Retribution
Angels of Retribution, while not physically strong, are skilled fighters, excelling at deflecting and countering attacks. They are also able to manipulate the environment around them to counter enemy skills and techniques. In this aspect, they can change the shape, mass, and position of an object, but they cannot alter it's composition. They can, however, create complex mechenisims if they possess all the necessary materials.

Devils

Demons, the creatures of hell, exist in all shapes, sizes, and races. Ruled by Lucifer, the Lord of Hell, they exist to consume and destroy life. However, the truly powerful ones are those that retain their human form: The Devils. A Devil is created when a human with an evil heart enters Hell and begins to transform. All Devils can transform their body into a full-demon form, and the transformation is unique to each devil, though they all share one charactaristic: Horns. Each devil has two horns, though the size, shape and location on the head differs like the hair colour and style of humans. There is one exception: Half Devils, who possess only one horn. Demons are able to consume souls to increase their power, and also hold the interesting power to possess humans. While possessing a human, the Devil cannot be in direct control the whole time. They can influence the actions of the human, but can only take direct control when threatened. Destroyers, however, cannot possess humans.

There are three Sins a Devil may choose.

Destroyer
The Destroyer is the brute of the Devil ranks. Physically the most powerful sub-class of the three races, a Destroyer can ignore most damage, and is overwhelming in battle, be it in melee, or using Hellfire to strike their foes. Destroyers lack the finesse and cunning of the other classes, but make up for it with sheer brute force.

Summoner
Rather then engaging in combat themselves, a Summoner calls forth minions from Hell to do their work for them. A summoner's strength is the demons he calls forth. While they are not completly useless at battle, they are no stronger then a Note Reaper or Angel of Retribution in that sense. Summoners can also use their powers to call forth infernal weapons from the depths of Hell

Corrupter
Corrupters are arguably the most dangerous Sinners. Corrupters work in the shadows, convincing or tricking others into doing their bidding. Corrupters also possess the ability to create contracts with the living for their eternal souls. If the Corrupter fulfils the conditions of the contract, then the slou with whom the contract was made becomes the slave of the Corrupter. The Contract lies with whoever holds it, so should a contract be stolen, a slave can be taken by another master. Also, if the Corrupter dies, his killer takes all contracts he holds.

Fallen Angels

Secret Class

Fallen Angels are those once pure whom have sinned. A Fallen Angel is an affront to God, and thus defies existance itself. To exist, a Fallen Angel is constantly breaking down and absorbing all matter in their immediate vicinity, much like a slow-motion black hole. Normally this is so slight it is invisible to the naked eye, but the weaker the Angel gets, the faster and more it absorbs. Because of this ability, a Fallen Angel will absorb some of the powers of enemies it encounters. Because of the pure nature of an Angel, it must be corrupted in some way to become a Fallen Angel. Simply commiting a Sin will not suffice, the Angel's entire being must be corrupted in some way.

Legion

Secret Class

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

Legion is a creature born of more then two souls combined into a single one. Legion possess all the powers and abilites of it's seperate counterparts, plus a huge boost in their magnitude due to their power being compressed into the space of a single soul. On the other side of the same coin, however, Legion suffer chronic multiple-personality disorder and spiritual schitzophrenia.

Angel of Death

Secret Class

A reclusive group, the Angels of Death are shunned by their own kind. Angels who have developed Reaper powers, they can raise the corpses of the dead, and learn Reaper techniques from Reapers, though they cannot develop their own. Stronger then Archangels, they are a threat whenever they choose to fight, though often stay out of such affairs and keep to themselves.

Spirit Arms

When a character or strong NPC is defeated, regardless of what may happen afterwards, their weapon will absorb some of their power and transform into a 'Spirit Arm', taking on the name of the character who used it. Spirit Arms are powerful weapons, and whoever controls more controls the storyline, to an extent. The defeated character will lose their weapon, but should they rise again, or take on a new class, as may be the case if you're smart enough to use the hints I've left to figure out how to access the secret classes, they can reclaim it.

Character Template

First and foremost, some rules on character creation.
All characters must be human intially unless invited by myself to make a character of another class. I may permit 1 (ONE) person to make a secret class character if they make a convincing enough case. Apart from that, all classes will be changed mid RP. Selecting an Angel or Devil class bars you from becoming the opposing class, however, Reapers are capable of becoming almost any class. There will be a limited number of Reapers, however, and first dead, first served, so to speak. However, characters are not permitted to cause their own deaths. This means you can't post that you get run over by a train or jump off a bridge. You must be killed by another RPer's post. By all means, feel free to message someone else and ask them to accidentally run you down in a lawn mower, you just can't do it in your own post. Also, each member of this RP is responsible for updating their own bio as the RP progresses to reflect class changes, newly acquired skills and powers, and the like, as you will acquire new skills mid-RP.

In regards to skills and techniques, I leave that completly up to you. There is only one rule. You must message me with your skill ideas so that I can confirm that they are not to powerful, easily abused, ect. Once you know a skill or technique, you can teach it to anyone else in the RP so long as they have the appropriate powers to use it. Skills and Techniques are where you personalise and customise your character: There is no limit to what you could do, provided you run it past me quickly first.

Name:
Class:

Appearance:
Attire:

Shroud: (Reaper Only)
Sin: (Devil Only)
Hierachy: (Angel Only)
Skills/Techniques:

Personality:
Biography:

Theme Song:
Battle Theme:
Last edited by Zetsumi on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Take your pound of Flesh
For flesh is all that is left to me
Yet all that still eludes me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Bury me where I Fall

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 pm

UPDATE: All backstory on classes, ect, title page are complete. Joiners are now welcome to post a bio. Will edit once I get a few hours sleep with my own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:29 pm

(OOC: Wow. I just have to say that this is awesome!)
Name: Joseph
Class: Human

Appearance: http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/ ... irl727.jpg
Brown hair, grey eyes, and semi-pale skin. He has some scars, notably one going diagonally acrosss his chest.

Attire: A black trench coat, green necklace, dark red shirt, and jeans.

Shroud: (Reaper Only)
Sin: (Devil Only)
Hierachy: (Angel Only)
Skills/Techniques:

Personality: Bitter, but kind when he wants to. Joseph has an ironic sense of humor and thinks what's best for him and his friends and to a lesser extent, people. He has a strong sense of justice and hates to see people hurt for no reason.
Biography: Joseph had lived a normal life up until he was 13 when his mother married his jerky stepfather who had about every stereotypical trait of a bad stepfather. He gambled, smoked, drunk, and was a generally violent person. For four years, Joseph had to watch his mother endure his abuse while he rebelled all he could, causing him to develop a bitter attitude and a scarred body. He doesn't remember too much about his real father since he did when he was 5, but he knew he was way better than his stepfather. He lives in an apartment downtown in a city with his mother and stepfather.

Theme Song: In the End (Linkin Park)
Battle Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6rX6DzkYE (Avatar Agni Kai music)
Last edited by almostinsane on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreyFox on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 pm

((Mind If I join? =X))

name: Satriel
Class: Warrior
Appearance: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4158/2d032hq0.jpg
Attire: *see appearance*

Hierarchy: Arch Angel
Skills/Techniques: Experienced and dangerous in close-combat; prefers raw power over all else. Possess various Holy abilities as well as self-powered flight (Since he only has the remaining limbs of his wings, he can't fly as fast or as high as a normal Angel). In addition, He can both give and receive tons of punishment, but his movement speed is very slow (think tank)

Personality: Arrogant, zealous, cold,
Biography: A veteran Arch Angel whoā€™s fought thousands of battles against the armies of hell. Satriel has slain countless demons in his ā€œlifetimeā€. From all the battles heā€™s experienced the most prominent scar he bears are the remnants of his torn wings which he hides with all his armor. Luckily he is one of the few Angels that continue their existence in Heaven with torn/no wings.

Theme Song: Morituri te salutant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvIfrFLcl8
Battle Theme: Morituri te salutant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvIfrFLcl8
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-If you are reading this, you just wasted some brain cells-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GreyFox
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:20 pm

almostinsane, so long as you don't mind writing out a quick appearance and tacking it onto that bio you're accepted. Glad to have you on board. :P

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:20 am

Name:Seritop Deadul
Class:(I think you gave me permission to be an Angel of Death so yeah I'll do it and if you have any comment or anything I'll change my profile)

Appearance: A large man with dark black eyes as black as his midnight hair and Golden skin he can sprout a pair of skeletal wings from his back that eat away at his flesh until he is a skeleton a large broad and soot black skeleton but a skeleton nonetheless.

Attire:A long black robe when he is hunting but also wears a white robe in spiritual ceremonies that reaches up to the floor but short enough so that it does not rag along the floor his white robe has blue markings on it that spell if read upside down and in Latin say "and let peace come to you."
His black robe on the other hand is nothing but a black robe designed to blend in with the shadows seemingly crudely made.

Shroud:Edge
Skills/Techniques:

Shining light:Allows him to turn part of the innocence around him into raw power.

Reaper's Armada:Can use his shroud to cast a ghostly apparition of the blade which acts of the Angel's will and of it's own.

Personality:A cold individual he would rather spend his time contemplating the infinite then raising his edge for battle though when provoked the combination of his edge and his Retribution powers are a force to be reckoned with

Biography:He was killed during a battle of the Romans versus a Troop of Barbarians .A roman himself he fought until a sneak attack from behind split his troop.After an escape into the jungle his life was brought to an unceremonious end by an arrow through the back which ended up piercing his heart.After that he Felt nothing he was an angel sent to earth to bring souls to earth and he was moderate at that until something happened it was a slip up really he met a reaper a powerful one too and he wanted that power so he asked to be trained and the reaper obliged.Thus so a hundred years passed and he grew stronger and stronger until the unspeakable happened he killed his mentor it was an accident really but it happened nonetheless he was practicing and he couldn't control his power he erupted and killed his mentor and from then on he vowed never to use his Shroud ever again,but fate would not see to it a group of mortals they called themselves the Hated hand attacked him searing his bones and using his own shroud against him but during one of their tortures to try to get him to reveal information about the Devil (they thought all reapers were servants of the devil) they made a mistake and didn't bind him securely enough he freed himself and again he picked up his Shroud and lay waste to them darkening his soul ever more.

Theme Song:I'm a fake
Battle Theme:Shall never surrender
Last edited by knock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:32 pm

My bio. What yours should look like.

Name: Lucas Nihilus
Class: Hell Reaper

Appearance: Lucas still looks not a day over 20, despite the fact he died 10 years ago. He has shoulder-length, sleek black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. He is thinly muscled, with a body more like a swimmer then a weightlighter.
Attire: He wears a black pair of cargo pants, combat boots, and a black denim jacket with a cloth hood. Two belts studded with silver skulls cross his hips.

Shroud: Edge
Lucas weilds an edge known as Pale Cloud. It is currently in it's Child form, which is a straight katana, commonly known as a Ninja Sword. It has no guard, only a metal skull effigy affixed above the grip. As all Edges, it is unbreakable, and allows Lucas to move and react at twice his normal speed.
In it's initial 'Baby' form, Pale Cloud is a short katana, no more then a knife.

Skills\Techniques
-Pale Grave
By stabbing a mortal in the heart with Pale Cloud, Lucas can send them to hell

-Bone Duster
Lucas compresses the oxygen around Pale Cloud against the blade, vibrating it to heat the air and fire it, in a wave of embers and ash.

Theme Song: Happy? - Mudvayne
Battle Theme: Pushing Through - Mudvayne

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:29 am

"Bury me where I fall,"

Name: Julia Alfons
Class: Heaven Death Reaper

Appearance: A raised olive face with brown eyes. Her hair is usually tidy although she sometimes tends to let it lay over her forehead or down around the middle of her back, depending on her mood. she is of average build. Her body is very femine. She prefers physique than muscle build. Her body hasnt changed in twenty years. But that is to be expected when somebody dies.

Attire: Consisting of a black cloak with a hood. With it unbuttoned half way to reveal a white undershirt. The cloak falls to her feet and is done up at the waist with a thin white belt with a medium thickness length of chain. The chain is attached to her note at the spine. A pen rests in the top pocket of hrt cloak which is used for writing in the book.

Shroud:
Note: A thin black book with gold trimmings. A fine gold bookmark marks the last page opened in the book. The pages are purest white. Very few pages are written in.Detailing two souls she has already taken.

Skills/Techniques:

Compassion: As a Heaven Death Reaper she is allowed to take a soul as peaceably as possible, either taking someone as they sleep or removing the pain from thier bodies as they die from a horrible injury.

Heaven's aid: The ability to sense someone of a good nature, enables her to arrive first at the scene of someone's death. Providing that they are destined for heaven. This has no effect if the person is hell bound.

Personality: A Pleasent girl all round. she is a bit of a joker and can always see the lighter side of things. Her mind sometimes wanders though. she can be serious sometimes though it is a rarity. she is a bit lazy sometimes. But when she decides to do something she does it. Her voice soothes others calming them when she comes to collect thier souls. Her voice is somewhat melodical. she is a bit of a collector of sorts, Various things she finds though her soul searching (lol pun ^_^) she stores in a chest.

Biography:

A young girl strode out of school, having just finished the lasr day for the rest of summer, Her mind elsewhere as she walked along the path outside the school. Her hand found the corner of the wall and she smiled at one of her friends that was waiting outside.
"Hey Johnny." She said to him brightly.
"Hey Julia." He replied with the same expression. They walked down the street together to a small store where they usually spent some time after school looking at the books for sale. Once they arrived there, she darted to a bookshelf in the corner that usually had interesting novels to read. The novels detailed stories about numerous mythological people and beings. The most interesting being to her was the Reapers. They had control over the fate of a person's soul. It seemed utterly intriguing to her and quite often provided a excellent read. She poured over the books inside the store every afternoon if she could.

Half an hour later she emerged from the store with a book in her hands. Johnny followed behind her. She was deeply absorbed in the book. She didnt pay much attention to the set of traffic lights that were green the way she went to cross. She remembers hearing a yell, a screech of car tyres as a car slowed down. Not fast enough to stop it from hitting her. Her body hit the car, her body forming to the shape of the car. She was carried forward by the car till it stopped completely. Her body flopped off the front of the bonet like a limp piece of meat. She could taste blood in her mouth and she couldnt feel her arms and legs. Blood was dripping from the back of her head. She felt somebody move her and she was rolled over on her side. Her eyes met Johnny's her eyes streaming with tears as a result of the accident. She could hear him calling to her. but faintly.

"Julia...please.. dont go.. please. I love you. I was going to tell you today as we were walking home, but I guess i'll have to tell you now. If you make it though this I promise to wait at your bedside till you awaken." He bent down and kissed her on the lips. She felt a warm sensation inside her body. And her vision became clear. She wasnt looking at Johnny anymore. But somebody else. He had a book clutched in his hand from what she could see and he was looking at her with a pleasent smile on his face. "Your pain is gone now, You need to feel it no longer." Said the man looking at her.
"Who are you?" she asked curiously
"I am a Death Reaper my child." He replied.
Her eyes widened.
"Really?" she asked hoping this wasnt some silly prank. If it was what had happened to Johnny and the rest.
"Where am I?" Julia asked.
"You are in purgitory my dear." Replied the Reaper.
"So im really dead?" she asked with tears glisening on the rims of her eyes.
"Yes." Answered the Reaper. Writing a note in his book. "Don't worry. You have been judged worthy to enter heaven my child. You have been chosen to become a reaper like myself."
Her eyes widened. "Me? A Reaper?"

Theme Song: Fake it :~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sep27sMmG-0
Battle Theme: Remedy :~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZENfHdnZ8M
Last edited by Rikken_lyna on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:42 am

((So when are we starting))

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:21 am

The Rp will start as soon as everyone completes thier temps. You and myself i have to finish my bio. Zetsumi will start as soon as he decides he has enough members... wait a second...

Class:(I think you gave me permission to be an Angel of Death so yeah I'll do it and if you have any comment or anything I'll change my profile)

Hierachy:Angel of Retribution

Which one are you? An Angel of Retribution or an Angel of Death? Also I think Zetsumi would have required in his terms, a "substantial" template for someone to be accepted as either of those. Im sure Zetsumi said to PM your temp to him if you wished to be one of the secret ranks.

By all means correct me if im wrong but isnt it stated in BOLD in the rules that "Pictures in the Appearance or Attire fields" arent allowed or am I seeing things again? Last time I checked that was in their with all them other rules such as;

- Choosing a class that you are not permitted to choose

-Not reading the rules. They're in BOLD now. No excuse.

If it was up to me as a fellow GM of this Rp (Zetsumi has forgotten already or hasn't had time to mention that) you'd be kicked from the rp before it even started. So I'd be more worried about your actual template rather than when the Rp was going to start.

Oh and one more thing;

Thats just sad. Really really sad. Im not going to even bother commenting on this.

That said and out of the way, Up to you Zetsumi, It's a thumbs down from me.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 am

By I dunno I meant his age was unknown I just said it in my own way and yes he did give me permission to be an Angel of death

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:18 am

If Zetsumi confirmes that with me, I have no problems with it. I'd just like to ask for what reason did he give it to you? I just thought that he would have someone with a higher standard in mind. An example would be your biography. I hate to nit pick but it lacks substance. It's barely a paragraph. Im sure that someone with way more posts than me on this forum. (Myself having only posted once or twice you having posted 1629 times on this forum) would be able to provide more in the way of a Biography. Im sure im not expecting too much of you by asking if you intend to lengthen your Biography? I am currently in the progress of typing my own and i've already done more than you in a few minutes.

By I dunno I meant his age was unknown I just said it in my own way.

Yes... everybody does seem to be doing this in thier own way. Not sticking to the guidelines posted above by Zetsumi. If you notice above. Zetsumi, Almostinsane and myself have all put ages for our characters as to give an idea of thier mortality. If you cant place an age on something, whats the point of putting the age up there for? for laughs? no.. The reason it's up there is for it to be filled out... ??? is not a number its punctuation last time I checked. Fix it this time. Zetsumi didnt though all the trouble of writting this Rp up at four in the afternoon last wednesday though till midday thursday to have people not read the rules or ask him about templates. You being a fellow Rper yourself would have an understanding of what happens when people read rules incorrectly or ignore them all together as a few people here have done already.

Second time I've had to correct you. mind you i've had very few hours sleep so im not in the best of moods at the moment. It's currently 2:06am here where I live and I havent slept for two days. My patience is wearing thin. Also you need a last name. It doesnt say first name it says name. Have you ever met someone without a last name? cause I sure havent. Please tell me if you have cause i'd be delighted to know how he/she gets along with filling out bank details and licences.

Im done for now. Going to finish this bio, then maybe get some sleep.... If I can. I might pwn some noobs on Metal Gear Online if im up for another hour. Which is what I'll probably end up doing.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:41 am

I will fix mine I've just got to find out when the roman empire fell and as for his alliance an morality I'll keep that a secret until the actual roleplay starts but you know I'm working on it I have a life you know

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 am

Ok my Templates done. ready for review.

Also knock thats a better template than the one you had before. I'd probably accept you now. Zetsumi decides as well. But im happy with what you got up there.

Also if anyone has any questions about the RP feel free to PM either me or Zetsumi we'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 am

Sorry for the double post but Zetsumi wont be on till later on tonight. He is currently in the process of moving and he has appointed me as GM till he is able to find a stable internet connection, he said he would be on from time to time as his friend has a hiptop. But for the moment direct all your questions to me as I will be able to respond faster, Myself having an internet connection of my own and knowing Zetsumi personally. I can quickly and effectively answer any questions you may have.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Telesforo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 am

Interesting, although I still have two questions that bug me on a certain character archetype. It's either I've made a huge reading error or I failed to see any other details.

I'm planning to play as one of the 'Legion' characters in the story. So...

1. Is the union limited to something like dark-dark, light-light, neutral-neutral, light-neutral and dark-neutral combinations?
2. Are the components of the fused individual 'born' or a certain third-party influence (a curse, or a mistake or some soul-shifting error) should make the person the way he/she is now?

Hit me up if in case there is something misunderstood on either the way I am wording my questions or any errors on my interpretations of the classes.
This space is reserved for a real signature

Telesforo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:27 pm

I'll get back to you on that.. i'll see Zets this afternoon so i'll ask him then. He may even reply using his friends Hiptop today so keep your eyes on this thread.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:47 am

Answers to your questions. The way you've worded your questions i seemed to have no problems reading it.

1. Everyone of those combinations except that of Light-light will form Legion. It has to be something of dark intentions to form Legion. The exception to this is Neutral-neutral.

2. They way i understood it from what Zetsumi was telling me it seems that the legion is born of the two souls fusing together.

I hope that answers your questions.

Please note that you have to start as a human first. I know you may have read it. but just reinforcing it. You'll have to work hard to achieve the Legion secret class.

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Telesforo on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 am

I also forgot to ask another question: Should a Legion class also come from two separate entities, or the second part of the fusion should come from some other way (i.e., a dimensional lapse, or a loose soul's essence trapped in the same body)? Anyway, I'll just post two character profiles that will eventually meld into one.

Profile A:

Name: Sr. Rachel Du Blanchefleur
Class: Angel of Protection

Appearance: A fair, long-faced and tall woman with golden hair and an amiable disposition. Her distinct faint smile compliments a pair of aquamarine, almond-shaped eyes and a somewhat steep nose.
Attire:
Mortal: A black and white nun's habit of the Augustinian type.
Angelic form: A white dress similar to her habit when she was mortal minus the veil/coif.

Personality: As with most clerics, she was known to possess a very pleasing personality. Her kindness receives the most appeal from children and the elderly. Her love for work and serving others extends to such heights that she often forgets herself.

Biography:

Rachel recently finished her novitiate term at the convent when she was assigned to do missionary work at a war-torn state in Asia (if this profile goes through, I'll bring this up when the RP starts). Everything went well for the past three months until a rebel group raided the church she was serving. The place was immediately converted into a garrison by the retreating paramilitary, taking churchgoers and staff as hostages. The negotiations did not end well, resulting in the governmentā€™s move to destroy the church and crush the residing pocket of resistance fighters.

The nun was able to protect the lives of many children and elders by directing them to a secret chamber beneath the church. She, however, was not spared by the artillery shells when she looked for more people to save. Rachelā€™s act was not left unrecognized by the Most High, and she then became a member of the angelic hierarchy. She was yet to be assigned a mortal to watch over.

Skills: Sr. Blanchefleur uses a shield in her service as an angel. She wields no weapon of any sort during her life as a human.

1. Light of Luck: Target human gains immunity from unfortunate events or lessen the life-threatening effect of a source that might cause death or impairment. Also aids in the speedy recovery of an injured human.
2. Brilliance Barrier: The angel of protection can cast an illuminant barrier to protect herself from damage caused by any influence meant to harm her. If this spell is cast on a human, his or her soul is concealed from detection by demons or reapers. Rachel wonā€™t be able to cast any other spells five minutes after this barrier is dispersed.
3. Astral shield: Rachel can conjure up to six shields of light to serve as both weapon and armor. All shields are telepathically controlled and can deflect damage to its source based on the controllerā€™s will.
4. Siege ray: This skill can only be cast if all astral shields are summoned. Fires a piercing beam of light.
5. Banish: (See Zetsumiā€™s description on page one of this thread)

Profile B:

Name: Bonifacio Almazan
Class: Human (To become a Destroyer in the afterlife)

Appearance: A medium-built man with jade green eyes. His brown complexion was earned by years of spending much time in the jungle and under tropical conditions. He is distinguished by a self-styled, square beard.

Attire: As a member of a defunct rebel faction, he wears a simple shirt and combat pants, covered by a tarnished military vest with two bullet holes on the lower areas. He is known by his comrades to wear a red bandana covering his neck.

Sin: Wrath

Skills/Techniques: Most of his attacks are melee, with the occasional short-ranged strikes. He bears a claw in one hand and an iron fist on another. Bonifacio doesnā€™t believe in special attacks, and he prefers to rip his enemies apart using sheer force alone.

Fury: His strength lies in his rage. The more he destroys the more powers he gets at the risk of lowering his defense.
Firestorm: His only ranged attack: a spinning cone of fire of extreme heat.

Personality: He is known to possess a vile temper and thrashes things around if in a fit. Bonifacioā€™s cooler side depicts a person ready to play games, but hardly tolerates cheaters. He shows a tinge of compassion to people with the same wretched fate as he had.

Biography: He was taught by the idealisms of his parents until he witnessed them summarily executed by the military when he was thirteen years of age. Disillusioned by the difficulties of life under the care of his uncle, he decided to live on his own five years later. Bonifacio joined the ranks of a rebel faction aimed at changing the form of government in his state and became a formidable combatant in a few years. However, the ideologically-inspired war brought no fruit, and only caused several deaths among his comrades. He turned to a life of banditry after convincing himself that an ideal life would never be realized no matter what means one would take.

He eventually became known to lead a cutthroat faction of rebels aimed at enslaving the local populace by forcing them to pay revolutionary taxes. He was enjoying such a lifestyle until the government declared a total crackdown on the rebel faction. Bonifacio became a wanted criminal ever since.

A plus B is AB, so this will be the proposed character if ever these two are fused:

Name: Raziel
Class: Legion

Appearance: She bears certain features of the two celestial beings fused to become her. Her eyes show a certain sheen that makes it appear that they are constantly burning. Razielā€™s eye color has the aquamarine tint on the right, and jade green on the left. Her build is an imposing and firm one to match the eventual mass and strength requirements of her weapon (something like bionic woman, if you may).

Attire: A spectral suit of armor that changes color from black to white and vice-versa. It resembles the armor of battle maidens (A suit of armor of fitted pieces guarded on its bottom portions by a skirt) only that it has blades attached to the knee and elbow portions.

Skills/Techniques:
Her techniques are from both magical and weapons skills. Razielā€™s weapon of choice is the morning star: a massive and dense ball of ethereal metal that has the ability to absorb magical energies imbued to it by its bearer. The chain that holds this ball magically extends to certain lengths, allowing her to attack from the air. The weapon itself is difficult to use, even by supernatural beings themselves.

Stellar death: Raziel brings down an energy laden ball that dematerializes everything within a thirty-meter radius. However, this skill can only be used if the morningstar gathers its maximum amount of energy and can only be used once in two weeks.

Rain of light: A skill that can either heal all those affected by it, or destroy them. This comes in the form of lines of light falling from the heavens. The spell is usually controlled by Razielā€™s better side.

Field of Dread: The Legion can take the souls of many people all at once and send them to damnation. She could only use this talent in places torn by violence and hatred.

Personality: She is an entity of extreme good or one of boundless ruthlessness depending on the dominant personality. Her powers to heal are controlled by her clerical side, while her destructive aspects come from the will of her warrior aspect. There are some cases where the two personae contradict each other, resulting in varying degrees of negligence.

Biography: She could not recall how she came to this world, even if she harbored the essences of the two entities that made her. An angelic entity who was rejected by both heaven and hell for reasons she could not comprehend. She was yet to find out the root of her existence.

Theme Song: Prokofiev: Sonata in F Minor
Battle Theme: Death Ballad (From Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Last edited by Telesforo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Telesforo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:45 am

Oh god...

Alright. For confirmation, yes Rikken is a GM in this RP, as is 'Jett', both being IRL friends of mine.

Knock. I've been forced to make a descision here, and unfortunatly for you, I just don't think your character will work well in this RP. I'll be starting a few RP's soon with much more relaxed rules, so I'll let you know if I've got one I think you'll be interested in.

Telesforo. One, accepted. Two, your questions.

1. Legion can be born of any combination, though due to their torn mental state they are naturally inclined towards evil.

2. That's the part you need to work out to earn using such a character. Any answer is acceptable so long as you can justify your method to me.

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!