Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Buso Renkin: A New Life

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 pm

*note* This is the story idea for a roleplay based off of the manga Buso Renkin. I have a few plot twists that I do not want to reveal yet, but the general idea is all here. Tell me what you think, add improvements, or even dedicate yourself to signing up. All I want right now is three or four people say that they want to be involved and I will continue on to the next stage of development XD.

Have fun, and please please please please comment!!!

Background

Alchemy has always been according to the public a thing of legend, a little more than a dream of those that wish for riches and a lifespan that reaches towards infinity. It is common knowledge now that in the middle ages that experiments were conducted to find ways to accomplish these goals and many thought that these experiments bore no fruit at all. However, These experiments did yield two results that have been hidden since their invention for centuries.

The first of these inventions is a means of creating monsters called homnuculi. These monsters are creatures of metal and flesh that can take the form of man but have the ability to transform into terrible beasts. They are neigh unstoppable and have an insatiable craving for human flesh that makes them dangerous to anyone that resides near their hunting grounds.

The only thing that can stop these creatures from secretly feeding off of humankind for eternity is the Kakugane, a paranormal alloy forged from the essence of alchemy. It takes the form of a large hexagonal charm that, when activated by a person's fighting instincts, can change into a weapon that reflects the heart of the person who wields it.

Story

In modern life, no one knows or cares about alchemy. People live their lives without knowing of the dark underground of homnuculi and those who wield the kakugane to defend the people of the world against their onslaught. These battles are performed in secret, away from the public eye, and their devastating scars make headlines in the form of freak accidents. Most of these defenders of life are well trained warriors led by an organization known as the Alchemist Army. However, only a small fraction of the existing kakugane are in the control of the army. The rest, which are scattered around the world, remain either hidden or in the hands of those that do not know how to properly wield them.

The story begins in a Japanese boarding school. On a routine mission, a young alchemist warrior had infiltrated the school in the hopes of finding the source of disappearances in the area. Soon, a homunculus is found, and several students get in the crossfire and are nearly killed by one of the beasts. Knowing what they know, they are given a choice: to go back to the life they once knew knowing that the beasts were out there or to find their own power and fight the creatures that have plagued their town.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!