Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Characters

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey there, the username's Spectrum and I'm new. I have a question that may seem a little ridiculous or possibly ignorant, but I've looked everywhere I've been able to get to (without help, haha), and I still haven't been able to figure this out myself.

How do I create a character or a character profile? Ah, also, now that I think of it, I have a few more questions pertaining to this subject, if that's acceptable.

When I do make a character profile, do I have to upload an image for that character?

Am I allowed to use the same character for more than one roleplay, only tweaking the personality or image to fit the particular roleplay?

I would be MUCH obliged if anyone could answer these questions for me so I can feel better about trying to participate in a roleplay (I'm still trying to figure that one out, too, but I believe that, for the most part, I can get it by myself). Thanks a load!

~Reignbow

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey there, Spectrum! I'll try to answer your questions. If you still need help, click on the 'RPG Chat' button at the top of the screen! Everyone there would be happy to help.

How do I create a character or a character profile? Ah, also, now that I think of it, I have a few more questions pertaining to this subject, if that's acceptable.

If the roleplay you're trying to join uses the nifty tab system, all you have to do is click the tab called 'Characters' and fill out the nifty form there. If it's on the forums, you only have to post the character sheet that the GM has requested.

When I do make a character profile, do I have to upload an image for that character?

No, you do not. You can post the character without one. If you decide to use one, just make sure to save it on your computer, and that the image is 100x100 pixels.

Am I allowed to use the same character for more than one roleplay, only tweaking the personality or image to fit the particular roleplay?

Of course! You can make that very easy on yourself by creating the character in The Multiverse. Characters there can be duplicated into any roleplay you like. Other than that, traditional copy/paste will have to work.

Hope that helped!

~Music.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leif Cauldor on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 am

Spectrum, that is the easiest and best reply to a group of questions I've seen (Music, you out did yourself! ^_^). There's nothing more to be said. I hope this was helpful, and if you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask any time. We're always happy to help.
As babies, mustn't we learn to crawl before we walk? Then, why as adults do we speak before we think?

Leif Cauldor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha, yes, it was very helpful. I was able to figure out everything else I needed on my own, as well. The character information was great. Thank you, x3

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!