Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

My Charming Princess (Future RP Promotion)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

My Charming Princess (Future RP Promotion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Image My Charming Princess Image

The first role-play I will make here :D. This is an RP I know I'm planning to make regardless of how it does in interest checks, but I'm going ahead and making a post on here to promote interests and get opinions ^^.

Though I'm sure the fairytale (modern fairytale too) genre has probably been done on here plenty of times. I want to do a modern fairytale about the classic Disney princess movies but with the gender roles switched. It's going to follow the basic plot of three Disney movies, Cinderella, Snow White, and The Little Mermaid (Might add Beauty and the Beast in there if there is a lot of interest in this idea). It's going to take place in a school (kind-of) setting (yes I know, blegh school. But it is a place that exists and a place that this particular age group has to go to so it is kind of a necessity... though this RP doesn't revolve around it.) Instead of three Prince Charmings, this school has three famous Charming Princesses (maybe four). Then there are the three guys (or four), facing some misfortune or another, that want to woo them. Each Disney plot is given it's kind of own storyline within the RP, though they are all connected from the fact that the Charming Princesses are all friends and that our guys happen to be buddies as well. There's also going to be some changes in there about some other characters in these classic stories.

Just kind of want to say though, this isn't predominantly a female character targeted RP (though it probably will end up that way), the guys are just as much the main characters of this RP as the girls are (probably even more so).

If you're interested, please let me know. Keep a look out for the RP once I make it! I'll make a post on here with the link so you can go there :).

What's Expected

. Literate grammar and decent post length: about at least two decent length (three lines) paragraphs.
. Roleplayers that could post preferably once every two or three days. Hopefully more.
. Roleplayers with ideas that aren't afraid to move the story along on their own.
Last edited by court.nickles on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

court.nickles
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: My Charming Princess (Future RP Promotion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 pm

This is the Cinderella storyline. Not taking reserves for it now or anything, but hopefully it can give you an idea about kind of what I have planned. Sorry if you think the characters are a bit too pre-made, but if you're creative I think you still have plenty of room to elaborate and create your character yourself :D.

~ The Story of Cinderella ~

Meet Our Cinderella: He never liked his stepmother or his stepsisters, so why did cruel fate have to take his father away, leaving him with them? They kicked him into the basement so they could use his room as a yoga studio? Really? And they never even use it! His mother is a lazy slob that refuses to do any housework, so he’s the one that has to clean it and cook food to eat. He works night and day at his part time jobs to try and earn some money, but they end up taking it all to go shopping! His sisters ignore him at school and blame him for their failure to fit in with the popular crowd, the school’s famous princesses in particular. But maybe his luck is about to get better, when he’s assigned to a seat in his Calculus class right beside his school’s very own Miss Charming. They talk for the first time after he drops his pencil on the floor and she picks it up for him. But falling in love with this princess is no easy task to undertake, what with all her suitors, jealous sisters, and
 and her arranged marriage! He enlists the help of the school’s own prankster and fashionista extraordinaire! Will she be able to transform this pauper into a prince fit for this princess? Will he be able to woo her before she is forced to marry someone else? What happens when his fairy godmother starts developing feelings for him as well?! Ugh, one can guess, things might get complicated.

Meet Miss Charming: Ever since her mother passed away her father turned the attention of his doting affection onto his daughter, providing her with everything she ever wished for: the best clothes, the latest electronics, anything. She has it all; a bunch of stuff that she never really wanted to begin with. Perhaps she’s spoiled. Perhaps she’s greedy. That’s what all the jealous girls at school say anyways. But in reality she just knows how much her father enjoys pampering her. So she just lets him and lets him, until he runs himself into the ground with debt. Now the only way for her father to save this sinking ship is for her to marry into a rich family. But what can she do! The one time her father asks something of her and she just can’t bring herself to do it! Is there any solution to stop this imposing wedding? Perhaps if she could prove to her father she is in love with someone else. But with whom? Sure, she has no shortage of guys fawning over her. She is what one would call charming and bright. She's a social butterfly. But seriously dating one of these guys would be no better than getting married to a stranger. No, this time she has to find the real thing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Finished the story of Snow White :).

~ The Story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ~

Meet Our Snow White: His mother was a horrible woman. She was rich, her husband owned a multi-million dollar company, and she loved power and corruption. When she became pregnant with another man’s baby, she wasn’t about to let that ruin her life. After the baby was born she demanded the baby’s biological, faithful, and fool of a father to dump the child into the ocean. But he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Instead, he dropped the boy off at an orphanage near the coast. There, the baby grew up into a fine young man that cares for the seven younger kids that live at the orphanage with him. Their happy days are ruined when a woman (who, unbeknown to him and her, is his mother) wishes to buy the land the orphanage is on and have it destroyed to build a summer house. Her ambition is only fueled by her hatred of the boy’s happiness (something she couldn’t obtain even through riches). He realizes the only way to stop this wicked woman is to dig up some dirt on her that would ruin her forever. Luckily one of his classmates is the daughter of a famous investigator. But she’s also one of the school’s famous princesses! Will he be able to get close enough to her to ask for such a favor? Will she be the one to wake him from this terrible nightmare?

Meet Miss Kiss: She’s famous amongst her peers for being the best kisser in the whole school. Not that she gets around, she’s only ever really had eyes for just one, a boy that lives in the orphanage down the street from her, but he has always been too shy to approach her (and secretly so has she to him). Her ex’s never were able to resist a “kiss and tell” after lip locking just once with her, the biggest offender being her most recent boyfriend that now wants her back. The fact that her kissing skills seem to be so divine still perplexes her. She can’t even really believe it’s true. She never thought herself a girly-girl. Her father is a chief investigator and ever since she was little she always wanted to follow in his footsteps and be the “man” that brought down the bad guy. But he assures her that the job’s too dangerous. Will she ever get her chance to prove him wrong?

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeiraHigurashi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Whoa.... I already like this sooooo much even if it is still a work in progress. :3
You're just jealous because the voices talk to me. XP

KeiraHigurashi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Yay thanks! :D I only have one more duo to write for and then I'll be ready to make the roleplay XD

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeiraHigurashi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:17 pm

...would you mind if I gave one of the characters a shot once it's done? >3< I'm not asking for a reservation, just wanting to know if you would mind if you'd give me a chance.

KeiraHigurashi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Of course you could :D. Especially since I've already seen your writing in your RP and that's pretty much what I'm looking for :)

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeiraHigurashi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Yay~! ^o^ Well, once you're finished, contact me immediately! I'm definitely interested in this. :D

KeiraHigurashi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:13 am

Hey,
I'm pretty interested in this roleplay, let me know when you've made it really want to play a character
Hope thats okay:)

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:12 pm

@sweetgal: Great! Glad to see someone else is interested in this idea! :D

I should have this RP up by tomorrow afternoon for anyone who's wondering :). I'll post a link here when I make it.

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeiraHigurashi on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Yay! I'm excited~! ^^

KeiraHigurashi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey still waiting and wondering if your going ahead with the idea or not :S
Let me know ASAP! Thanks

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby court.nickles on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Yes I'm planning on it still. I got thrown off schedule with some family business and stuff so I haven't really had time to sit down and finish writing the last two parts out :\. I'll try to get them written out and finished tomorrow :).

court.nickles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeiraHigurashi on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 pm

I completely understand. ^^ I'll wait forever for this roleplay~! X3

KeiraHigurashi
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!