Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Checking Things Out

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Checking Things Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby throne on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 am

Hey folks. I've been RPing for more than a decade in a variety of places, but this is my first time finding this site.

Very interested in finding some quality play, either an actual game or something more private. Big fan of character development and human drama in the midst of the supernatural, and I'm a sucker for "academy" style games.

As a note, I'm a gay guy who only tends to play gay guys, but romantic RP is not required. Look forward to playing with some of you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

throne
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Checking Things Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 am

Alo-Alo, throne! Welcome to RolePlayGateway. xD Nice username, I have to say. Even with a community of almost 45,000 members, the fact that simple, sweet names like that aren't taken yet makes me happy.

Anyways, if you're looking for quality roleplay, then this is the place to be! We're a massively active and dedicated community who loves to tell stories! Don't be afraid to dive right in. Character development is something that always draws me into a story. Hopefully we can collaborate on something in the future.

So, yeah. Any questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope to see you around!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby throne on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome, and yeah, I was surprised it was available as well (particularly with Song of Ice and Fire so in the zeitgeist right now). Do you have any suggestions for some good active RPs going on at the moment? I've been hunting and pecking and found a few that interest me, but there are just so many heh.

throne
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, the roleplay that I spend my free time in is called the "Multiverse", and you're auto-subscribed to it when you join the website, as it was created by the website owner. Aside from that, you can browse open roleplays by clicking "Roleplay" at the top of the page, or you can check out or Interest Checks and Roleplayers Wanted forums. That's where users go to post their open calls for roleplay.

To check out those last two forums, you'll find them listed under "Out of Character" if you check out the main forum index, which is under "RPG Forum" if you click it on the top of the page.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Happy hunting!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!