Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Children of the Vile: OOC and Welcome Page

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Children of the Vile: OOC and Welcome Page

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Children of the Vile

The year was 2075, when I broke free from that place. I never understood why I left. Looking at it now I wonder, was it worth it? To have freedom? To live my own life? To be alive?
5 years later, I look at what I have made, charred earth, and rotten remains are all I see. I Just want to know ,was my life really all that important? That I should have died, so the many would have lived? My Brothers and sisters are the only ones left, and they too ask. Was life meant to be life in such a way?

Like the place I started out, is the place where I stand now. What will I do, few can say, but what I did was for living, at least my perception of it.

I was just a child.
A child of the Vile.

This is an introverted look on the human life, and what is it’s value. IF you want to join you need to be deep and soulful in your writing. Your character must have higher goal. Meer one sidedness does not swing in this story. There is no good, or evil placed in this story. Only perspectives of what is to be accepted.
The story is about a new breed of humans; Nothing of Myth or Mysticism, Only pure human ambition for self-controlling evolution. There ‘was’ a general rhyme and reason for these ‘people’. Their existence is only known by a few, but the idea of their existence is questions of the greater level of humanity.
Are they alive?
Do they have souls?
When they die, do they go to hell, heaven, or is there anything for them afterwards?
God has not given them a path. Man has not given them a path. Their lives are that of existence, for reasons unknown to them.
Do they posses gifts? Or merely curses, only made to destroy them In the end? Again, few know, not even they have a deeper knowledge of this power.

This story is about brotherhood of homo sapien sapien fabrications. Humans made from test tubes and vats, closed off, and hidden from the social world. Through test and research, the children’s minds have been open, breaking through the walls of human evolution. They have been granted ‘abilities’ by their creators. Each one different from his or her sibling. Each one testing a new branch of the mind, and its control over the world around them. All searching for a purpose in their lives.
==============================================================================================

To put it simply, the children of the Vile is the name given to a new breed of humans that each have a unique power. Together or apart, they will fine their own way to live life in peace. Although this is easier said than done. Who ever made them, still wants them, Dead or Alive.”The Ends justify the Means”

Character Sheet- for the Children of the Vile (If not a CV, then just take out what is needed.)

Name- (Please use a name from this source, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Biblical_names . After you read my first Character’s name, you’ll understand. You’ll only need a first name if you are a child.)

Code # Name-(Every Child has a Barcode in their eyes, and on the neck. Five numbers)

Eye Color- (Each Child has a different eye color. No one is the same, and they can be any color)

Hair Color and style- (Must be a natural hair color if a Child)

Physical features and info-(Please go into detail, Height, Width, and other numbers as well.)

Clothes- (When staring out the Children have no clothes, [I’m not sick, it’s symbolic >:P] Will be put In later in the story.)

Skin tone- (All Children are unusually pale. Not like Albino pale, it just that they can never tan or get sun-burnt)
Age- (All children are around 12-19)

Branding- (each child has a symbol that concedes with their power, and the color or their eyes matches the color branding. The Mark is anywhere on the body, in different places. The marks glow when the power is begin used. Please you an image for this.)

Power-(This is key, because each one must be different, and there can’t be any close similarities. Everyone’s power can branch out. Like Water and Ice, They are too close. Another one, flying is a form of Telekinesis. Use this for ideas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_powers , Can only have one type. All powers are routed in the mind, remember that.)

History or background- (Children have no history or background. This is for people who don’t wish to be a child.)
Setting- IF you want to understand were the children are at, let me just flat line it.
The Children will start out in the Rocky Mountains near the American and Canadian border, on the American side.
The Year will be 2075, so its not that far of, but surely has some advancements, Like cybernetics and an infant level of hologram development .

Just put at the bottom of your sheet that you want to be a child or not. IF not put what is your job, if you have any.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though I’m wondering which one this fits into, Futuristic or Fantasy. :?

Rules- (You knew this was coming)
1. No Godmodding, or Godding , meaning you can’t have super god moves. Like invincibility or saying that you can out last a nuke.
2. No bashing in the OOC forum
3. Keep the Romance at PG-13, though Romance is somewhat encourage, make it sound reasonable, and not too mushy or fake. Oh ya and don’t rush it, keep it nice a slow, that makes it seem more realistic, that the crap I usually see on this site.
4. You cannot kill anyone without the other player’s consent
5. Post must have at least two to three sentences. A mere phrase or comment will not work here.
6. If you have a problem with another player, take it up with me, and please try not to quit.
7. If you want to play you must be up for at least ten posts. Even if you don’t like it anymore, and you must put in a reason for your absence, like death or something along those lines.
8. (This is really a rule, but its more of a requirement) Players must a deeper level of thinking when it comes to this Rp. Players must understand and use symbolism, and being able to read between the lines, and make educated assumptions. There is no simple answer to anything in this story, only more questions. This helps the plot move along.
9. Created NPC, or new Characters must be asked first, I’ll will be giving questions about goals and plot relevance, so don’t be making crap bad guys.
10. You cannot join unless accepted by me, no jumping in at random, or you will be kick.

Child rules
1. If you wish to be a child, but the main group has already left to far to reach, make a reasonable story to explain your arrival.
2. At the start you only have one power based attack; I’ll give you the green light when you can have another power attack. This is to help stop godmodding, and super egos.
3. Understand that their age is irrelevant to their mind set, right now. The idea of being a teenager is the same as being a child for them. Their understanding of the outside world is limited, so they will have to learn a lot, that being said the children are very adaptive, learning new ideas and skill just by merely watching somebody do it. Even though they know little, there brain power is %50 greater than the average human. So keep that in mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok So here is my Character for an example

Name- Cain
Code# name- 8944002
Eye Color- Red
Hair Color and Style- Black-Brownish hair. Mesh hair cut, which curls at different points, like near the ears or on the bangs
Physical features- Constructed as a fighter, made for combat and attack, body is tight, and has a good level of muscle, but still has a normal teenage frame. Height is 5’11 Weight is 175, waist size is 32-34. Has a minuscule level of fat developing under is calves and arms. Hands are slightly longer than average, about 4 cm longer. Has one ear lobe that is a fraction shorter than the other.
Age- 17
Branding- Ж upon his forehead
Power- Fire based

Alright now its your turn, if you have any questions post them here, or Pm me. If you got any ideas let me here them. I will try to give a response as soon as I can.
Last edited by Xersist on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Children of the Vile: OOC and Welcome Page

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Name: Abdiel
Code# Name: 97201
Eye Color: Gold
Hair Color and Style - Golden Blonde, mid length, hangs down to mid neck, and over ears and on forehead.
Physical features - Average body size and height for his age, but his muscles and bone are much denser and compact, giving him greater strength, speed and durability than the average man. Height is 5'5, Weight is 130 pounds, has a regular level of fat for a lean teenager.
Age - 13
Branding - Image Upon his right shoulder.
Power - Light (Creation; he creates light, usually in the form of an orb to help see. Manipulation; He manipulates light, usually through refraction so that he can see around corners or across far distances, also to help disguise himself like camoflouge. Solid light constructs, creating objects out of solid light, think the Green Lantern. Light beams; shooting beams of solid light that are super charged photons, basically lasers like in Star Wars.)
Last edited by Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Great all you need to do is constrate on your power, I don't think Light defines the power correctly. Light would be more of enlumated and beam blast. Please go into detale

Other than that your accepted welcome aboard, we will start once two or players are on board.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bedlam on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Name- Chuza

Code # Name- 24601

Eye Color- Lavender

Hair Color and style- She has platinum blonde hair, slightly wavy and curled, having almost a 'wild' look to it. It falls a few inches past her shoulders. Occasionally she will wear it up in a ponytail of sorts, always a few stray strands framing her face.

Physical features and info- Chuza stands at 5'1'', much shorter then most of the other Children. She weighs approximately 100lbs, her body is athletic and lithe but still feminine. She is quite dexteritous, possibly one of the most agile of the Children. Rather then strength, like some of the other Children, it seems as if she were made for speed and stealth.

Age- 16

Branding- On the underside of her right wrist

Power- Precognition, visions of the future come to her at random times, usually in her dreams.
Last edited by Bedlam on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not always that easy to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. Sinners can surprise you
and the same is true for saints. Why do we try to define people as simply good or simply evil? Because
no one wants to admit that compassion and cruelty can live side by side in one heart.
And that anyone is capable of anything.

Bedlam
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Great Bedlam, only two things,

Lets try to keep one color per person, so some-else can have an option for one of the other colors.

I looked up your power, it sound unique, But I need a more defined direction on where you want to use it, and put it into simpler terms as well, it sounds very complicated.

After that your accepted

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I edited mine. Better now?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:42 pm

Ya your good.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bedlam on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Fixed?

Bedlam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Umm well I think thats a good power if your by yourself and you understand the plot, but for a group this power seems unfair or useless. What Im saying is that what can you see in the future in limtied, unless you wish to control the story all by yourself, and the power that you are using are nothing of attacks, and only reaches only a certian level of depth and growth. Most of these powers need to be destructive or have somekind of phyiscal kick.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bedlam on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:21 pm

I don't see it as being a useless power. -Shrug.- But if you are looking for characters with purely destructive power, I will step out now.

Bedlam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:59 pm

No that's not what I meant, What I'm saying is that the power can only be used in certain times, and really it can't be used for fighting, unless you can elaborate how. And the powers, what I was going at what there needs to be a set backs, and someway it could harm you as well.

Please dont leave, I'm just trying to make this work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bedlam on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:13 am

I don't want to play a combat character, which is why I picked a non-offensive power. I don't know about her powers harming her but I would see that her having no real control over it being a great weakness.

Bedlam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:17 am

OK then, Can you tell me how your power can branch out?

After that your accepted.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bedlam on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:21 am

It could possibly branch out to her having more control over her power, possibly being able to see into the future (and/or past) at will and possibly start getting into psychometry.

Bedlam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:41 pm

If clarification is need Bedlem, you are accepted.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Name- Phurah

Code # Name- 04821

Eye Color- Vibrant Green

Hair Color and style- A soft brown in a messy tangle.

Physical features and info- 5’10 Waist 29 Weighs 137. He’s a thin lanky kid that would looks more fit for a library than a Gym.

Clothes- Whatever he can find. He’s kind of shy so he usually wears normal shorts or blue jeans and a single colour shirt.

Skin tone- Sickly pale

Age- 15
Branding- Image On both thumbs and at the rear of his head just above the neck, usually hidden by his hair.

Power- He can make things grow, and in the way he wants them to. But when he is no longer in contact with them they wither and turn to ash. (As he gets better with his power they will stay longer and eventually stop turning to ash. Also he’ll be able to make them grow faster and he’ll have more control over them.)

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Accepted

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Oh, I need to edit mine. I didn't realize you could have more than one mark.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Well I'll tell him one, there is no need for so many. Its really a bad thing.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Oh, does that mean I can't have one on both my palm and shoulder?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!