Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

*Closed*

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

*Closed*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 am

Phantasy Star: Hunted

The Starship Grave, A small ship built primarily as a cargo ship and outfitted with minimal weapons. For years it has sailed between the three planets and delivered questionable cargo to militaries and bandit outpost. But this was all a cover up for the more important reasons. Inside the place was torn asunder, the living quarters now a graveyard, the medic bay destroyed beyond repair, and the cockpit overtaken by CASTs armed with handguns and sabers. They saluted as another entered, decorated with a carved symbol of an eight-headed snake “Have we found the disk?” the voice, slightly metallic, filled the room. One of the CASTs shook it’s head “their captain managed to wipe all the hard drives clean before we came aboard.” It responded “The crew also managed to eliminate nearly half our forces before we took control, we lost the target after that.” A sudden movement brought the CASTs head rolling as the leader struck with his blade “We’ll replace them after the mission is over, find me the disk or you will find me with you heads.” He snapped. “Yes, Commander.” They responded then jogged off to search the ship further.

“My name is Mike Samuels, and I hold a secret that can ruin the alliance if revealed...” Moments later the captain sat back breathing heavily clutching his side in pain. Blood seeped through his clothing adding volume to the already large puddle of blood below his seat. He reached up wearily and slipped a small disk into the machine. Immediately data began to run, and in mere moments the job was finished. Mike smiled wearily as he seized the ejected disk and crushed it. “I can only hope you can finish what I started.” He said, a sudden crash made him twist in fear. “Sir, I found a hidden room!” Mike heard and instantly he turned and pressed the eject button launching the capsule into space. “Good luck.” With those words, the Captain of the ship Grave drew his twin swords and took a stance as the CASTs flooded in, the Commander in the rear “You have nowhere left to go captain” He called “Surrender and give the disk, we will leave you alone, resist, and we will pry the disk from your cold fingers.”

Mike grinned wickedly “Did you mean the crushed thing there?” They noticed the scrapped disk before Mike swept his blade through it. The commander gave a howl of rage as he watch the disk fry and pointed a finger at Mike “Execute him,” He ordered. And so ended Mike’s life, many ships having reported hearing laughter for the slightest second before losing it amongst the empty space.

Now that you’ve done reading the Prologue lets move on to the technical stuff. The setting will take place years after the seed invasion, so none of the original characters will be appearing in this RP. I'm looking for a small group, maybe four to six members including a co-writer to help me along(I'm not the best story writer around). If your familier to the game, great, makes it easier on me when explaining things. But i'm only going to stick with the three basic classes and four races.

Races

Humans: Humans are the oldest, most numerous race in the Gurhal System, generally inhabiting the planet Parum they're considered to be weak compared to the other races being a jack of all trades in Close, Ranged, and Technic combat.

Newman: Newmans were first created by humans as an attempt to create superhumans. Since then they've won their individualism and given the planet Neudaiz as a symbol of peace. They look similer to humans but appear smaller with elf-like ears. Newman are more adept in Technic's and have poor physical abilities.

Beasts: Stronger then the others Beasts were first created as laborers before winning individualism and inhabiting the planet Moatoob. They generally have similar bodies to Humans but they're most defining feature is their faces which takes on a slighly animalistic characteristic with short noses and beast-like ears. Beast with their high strength are more suited for close combat then anything else.

CASTs: Androids that govern the planet Parum and are generally cold to others. Being created of parts they have high accuracy and are generally well suited for ranged combat. They can either have a robot or human-like face and are generally built depending on their jobs.

Classes

Hunter: Your general close combat class specializing in striking weapons and basic handguns and tecnics.
(Can use all Close range weapons except the whip, Handgun, Wands and TCSMs)

Ranger: The Basic ranged class, having limited choices in tecnics and striking weapons
(Can use all Long range weapons, Sabers, Daggers, Knuckles, and TCSMs)

Forces: Masters of Technics, they can be the power hitters of parties to the medics who support from behind the lines. they have a poor selection in range and striking weapons.
(can use all Technic weapons, Daggers, Whips, Longbows, and Sabers)

*Close-ranged weapons* Swords(two handed), Daggers, Sabers(one handed), Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Axe, Spear, Claw, Twin Claws, Knuckles, Whip, Slicer, Double Sabers(Two bladed).

*Long-Ranged weapons* Rifles, Shotguns, Longbows, Grenades, Laser cannons, Twin handguns, Handgun, Crossbow, Cards, Machine guns, RCSMs(Small machines that automatically fire bullets)

*Technic weapons* Rods(Can hold 4 Technics), Wands(Can hold 2 Technics), TCSMs(Small machines that can cast spells, can only hold 2 Techs)
List of Spells

Rules!

-No Mary sues and Gary Stus! Nobody should have such a tragic past that everyone focuses on you.
-Godmod and autohitting are no go.
-Try not to do oneliners, i understand writers block but no one should go on pages.
-Speedposting is okay, just don't go to far.
-Post often
-Have fun!
-My forum is not a debate area, you got problems tell me and i'll deal with it.
-Like all other GM's my word is law, if i find you breaking the rules you get a second chance, another and i'll kick you.
-Orith Nar is My Co-Gm, but that doesn't mean he has rights to ban people, i'm not going to just kick people because they pissed you off by winning a fight or tricking you into something.
-Newbies don't go slandering RPer's if they criticize you, they're just trying to help
-Tell me or Orith if your leaving, or just post it on the OOC.
-OOC sticks to OOC!

Please PM me the sheets, i'll post them up if approved.
Character Sheets
Code: Select all
Name:
Faction:
Class:
Weapons: (Up to Three sets, so you can have a Saber/handgun, Knuckles and Dagger/Wand)
Apperance:(Picture or Description)
Personality: (If you want to)
Background: (Only if you wish)
Last edited by Orrin55 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Phantasy Star: Hunted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Removed because I'm a complete moron.
Last edited by Chari on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

PM it to him, please. Thanks and God bless. (Really, I'm only posting here so I can find this thread later, but, yes, please do PM Orrin the Sheet.)
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Accepted Members! (More to come i hope)

Name: Rege Solitas
Race: CAST
Faction: Rogue
Class: Ranger
Weapons: Twin Handguns, Saber/Handgun, Laser Cannon
Apperance: From a distance Rege appears to be human, dressed in a slim black tanktop and baggy black pants with boots. But upon closer inspection reveals the parts that construct him. With a humanoid face sporting short, wild hair dyed black with red highlights and slim gauntlet arms. His suit is built with the idea of maximum mobility reuslting in light armor that can't stand tough beatings. his feet are slightly thicker then the rest revealing the added power they added as a way to make him move faster while the small horn hidden in his hair assist in locating and targeting enemies.
Personality: Rege is an unusual CAST often surprising others by reacting appropriatly to diffrent situations. Indeed Many swear he's just a human dressed as a robot although there are few rumors of how he was based of someones mind. Normally a happy go lucky guy, Rege tends to fight with a grin often seen dancing around opponents guns blazing.
Background: Rege was constructed in Parum and undertook basic CAST education before joining the Parum police force for the majority of his life. Unusually popular amongst the Humans and travellers Rege was soon discovered to have stolen several important evidence in a case he had been previously against. Confronted, the CAST had destroyed the evidence in the face of the Parum police and escaped becoming an infamous Rogue in the exchange. He eventually opened a small repair shop in Moatoob where he peacefully repairs weapons and secretly operates a small smuggling business shuttling Immigrants between planets for a small price.

Name: Zack Fair
Race: Human
Faction: Basically, a sort of mercenary. Although, he ocassionally helps the GUARDIANS on missions.
Class: Hunter
Weapons: He uses twin sabers, a set of knuckles, and a greatsword.
Appearance:
Personality: Will come out in Roleplay.
Background: Same as Personality, I hope.

Name: Azrael
Race: Cast
Faction: Parum
Weapons: Twin Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-TYPESS_SWORDS-ACTION-1.jpg
Apperance: Black and red color scheme, the samurai helmet hair style(If I can locate a pic, I'll send it)
Personality: Unnervingly quiet at times, he has no problem with silence and actually finds solace in it. He doesn't care to lead, seeing it as just a way for idiots to stroke their egos. He'll follow through with whatever he is ordered to do, as long as the pay equates. He's been called cruel, thoughtles, and any number of other insults by those he's "wronged", and however many times he reminds them, they never seem to accept that he is merely neutral in regard to actions and thoughts.
Background: Created to protect his creator, he found the job adequate to his tastes. He gained experience in battle from it, and there was always enough time to simply sit and think. He rarely spoke with other casts, finding their need for some extreme emotion far too dull, the same with their speeches and opinions. Anywhere he'd go with his creator, he'd almost always hear the same, drab comments on lifeforms; the same conviction lacking reasons to fight; the same excuses for killing or helping others. Nothing original, from anyone. Even after his creator died of old age, and he took to traveling, he found that other races had the same methodical view on things. Barring the rare case of sudden genius, of unexpected thoughts, of course, the worlds he visited quickly bored him just as his home had. During his 27th year A/C(After Creation), he found himself wandering back at home, making money as necessary, waiting for something to happen to change the boorish existence he had been born in.

Name: Sakura Realdin
Race: Newman
Faction: GUARDIANS (if there are any in this)
Class: Force
Weapons: Dagger/Wand, Rod, Longbow
Spells: Shifta/Resta (Wand) Foie/Zonde/Barta/Regrant (Rod)
Appearance: She has long, blood red hair and the stereotypical newman pointed ears. She also has light cream colored skin and deep blue eyes. The most notable thing about her, however, is her height. Or lack thereof. She is just barely 5', much shorter than even other newmans of the same age.
Personality: At first glance, she seems very normal. That's because she is. She doesn't have anything to hide, and she certainly doesn't hide anything. She usually has a pretty loose mouth about personal information, but she is also a loyal GUARDIAN. When on the job, she takes her work seriously, and isn't too shabby at it.
Background: She was born on Neudiaz and lived there all of her life, until she joined the GUARDIANS. Once she joined, she moved to the Colony, and has lived there ever since. She was trained mostly on Moatoob, and that's all she will say about her entrance into the GUARDIANS. Know one knows why except the GUARDIAN who trained her, but the records of who did it got lost for some reason.

Name: John D Hawkings
Faction: Villains
Weapons: Shotguns, Pistols, Laser Cannon
Apperance:Image
Personality: Acts cool and laid back and pretends nothing ever bothers him.

Background: A crackshot marksmen he had been a troublemaker since his youth robbing and beating people up, raising hell and starting fires. This soon turned to a life of serious crime and he was hired by the enemy organazation to do things? Robbing killing you know whatever is needed to liven things up and help give you guyls a human nemesis.
Last edited by Orrin55 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 pm

I will have the IC up tomorrow! Sorry about the lateness but i needed to focus on exams

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Orrin55 wrote:Accepted Members! (More to come i hope)

Name: Rege Solitas
Race: CAST
Faction: Rogue
Weapons: Twin Handguns, Saber/Handgun, Laser Cannon
Apperance: From a distance Rege appears to be human, dressed in a slim black tanktop and baggy black pants with boots. But upon closer inspection reveals the parts that construct him. With a humanoid face sporting short, wild hair dyed black with red highlights and slim gauntlet arms. His suit is built with the idea of maximum mobility reuslting in light armor that can't stand tough beatings. his feet are slightly thicker then the rest revealing the added power they added as a way to make him move faster while the small horn hidden in his hair assist in locating and targeting enemies.
Personality: Rege is an unusual CAST often surprising others by reacting appropriatly to diffrent situations. Indeed Many swear he's just a human dressed as a robot although there are few rumors of how he was based of someones mind. Normally a happy go lucky guy, Rege tends to fight with a grin often seen dancing around opponents guns blazing.
Background: Rege was constructed in Parum and undertook basic CAST education before joining the Parum police force for the majority of his life. Unusually popular amongst the Humans and travellers Rege was soon discovered to have stolen several important evidence in a case he had been previously against. Confronted, the CAST had destroyed the evidence in the face of the Parum police and escaped becoming an infamous Rogue in the exchange. He eventually opened a small repair shop in Moatoob where he peacefully repairs weapons and secretly operates a small smuggling business shuttling Immigrants between planets for a small price.

Name: Zack Fair
Faction: Basically, a sort of mercenary. Although, he ocassionally helps the GUARDIANS on missions.
Weapons: He uses twin sabers, a set of knuckles, and a greatsword.
Appearance:
Personality: Will come out in Roleplay.
Background: Same as Personality, I hope.

Name: Azrael
Race: Cast
Faction: Parum
Weapons: Twin Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-TYPESS_SWORDS-ACTION-1.jpg
Apperance: Black and red color scheme, the samurai helmet hair style(If I can locate a pic, I'll send it)
Personality: Unnervingly quiet at times, he has no problem with silence and actually finds solace in it. He doesn't care to lead, seeing it as just a way for idiots to stroke their egos. He'll follow through with whatever he is ordered to do, as long as the pay equates. He's been called cruel, thoughtles, and any number of other insults by those he's "wronged", and however many times he reminds them, they never seem to accept that he is merely neutral in regard to actions and thoughts.
Background: Created to protect his creator, he found the job adequate to his tastes. He gained experience in battle from it, and there was always enough time to simply sit and think. He rarely spoke with other casts, finding their need for some extreme emotion far too dull, the same with their speeches and opinions. Anywhere he'd go with his creator, he'd almost always hear the same, drab comments on lifeforms; the same conviction lacking reasons to fight; the same excuses for killing or helping others. Nothing original, from anyone. Even after his creator died of old age, and he took to traveling, he found that other races had the same methodical view on things. Barring the rare case of sudden genius, of unexpected thoughts, of course, the worlds he visited quickly bored him just as his home had. During his 27th year A/C(After Creation), he found himself wandering back at home, making money as necessary, waiting for something to happen to change the boorish existence he had been born in.

Name: Sakura Realdin
Race: Newman
Faction: GUARDIANS (if there are any in this)
Class: Force
Weapons: Dagger/Wand, Rod, Longbow
Spells: Shifta/Resta (Wand) Foie/Zonde/Barta/Regrant (Rod)
Appearance: She has long, blood red hair and the stereotypical newman pointed ears. She also has light cream colored skin and deep blue eyes. The most notable thing about her, however, is her height. Or lack thereof. She is just barely 5', much shorter than even other newmans of the same age.
Personality: At first glance, she seems very normal. That's because she is. She doesn't have anything to hide, and she certainly doesn't hide anything. She usually has a pretty loose mouth about personal information, but she is also a loyal GUARDIAN. When on the job, she takes her work seriously, and isn't too shabby at it.
Background: She was born on Neudiaz and lived there all of her life, until she joined the GUARDIANS. Once she joined, she moved to the Colony, and has lived there ever since. She was trained mostly on Moatoob, and that's all she will say about her entrance into the GUARDIANS. Know one knows why except the GUARDIAN who trained her, but the records of who did it got lost for some reason.

Since Orrin has been inactive, until he returns me and Chari are taking over. I will have the IC up either today or tomorrow, depending on the amount of people wanting to join. Thanks for the wait, and please, join us here.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Orith, if you had read the post above you would have discovered i planned to do it anyway, But given my circumstances (Bowling and party) i will allow you to create it. Make it good Co-writer.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 am

Well since you just blew me off I will assume that you did not approve me. If you don't mind me asking why you were supposed to message back wether or not 'I could be a villain so I could write my background thread in detail but you ignored my pm so phooey on you. Well have fun and see you again never.
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Kyo, send me the Sheet, I'll accept you if it is good. Sorry, Orrin hasn't been on a lot.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Re: *Closed*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes it's closed, My apologizes to the people who posted on this Thread, but due to me being an ass to my Co-writer and my lack of apperances i am disgracefully stepping down from this RP and handing it over to whoever wants to make use of it. I will, in hopes of starting anew, head back to the drawing board and create a new RP(Or redesign one of my old ones.) and appear once again, this time the less of an ass and control freak that i was this RP and more of the fun open type who could trust his fellow players.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Re: *Closed*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes it's closed, My apologizes to the people who posted on this Thread, but due to me being an ass to my Co-writer and my lack of apperances i am disgracefully stepping down from this RP and handing it over to whoever wants to make use of it. I will, in hopes of starting anew, head back to the drawing board and create a new RP(Or redesign one of my old ones.) and appear once again, this time the less of an ass and control freak that i was this RP and more of the fun open type who could trust his fellow players.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!