Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Coffee shop! Everyone welcome! (character warm-up thread)

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.
((This thread is NOT meant to have a plot or to have any rules, and there won't be an ooc thread, you can say whatever in double parenthesis This is just so that you can practice with your characters and interact with other ones in a coffee shop. You do not need to post character sheets or anything like that, but you do need to stay in the coffee shop, because if you exit the doors and continue roleplaying in other areas it will get to confusing. The furthest you can go is right outside of the coffee shop, where you can vandalise or watch the cars go by or whatever. You're free to make up you're own sitting areas and drinks, by the way :)))

Jasmine Karenson stood boredly at her post behind the counter, twiddling her fingers. The coffee shop had just opened up and as of 7:00, when she walked in the door to work, there hadn't been anyone coming. She yawned, now tapping imaginary piano keys. She checked her watch. It read 7:20. She doubted that anyone was going to come in for the "grand opening", which really had the same atmosphere and prices as it was expected to every day, making each second a default "grand opening". Her eyes were on the door for all the twenty minutes that had passed, and she waited impatiently for a customer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheVeryScaryTeaparty
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Coffee shop! Everyone welcome! (character warm-up thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:28 pm

James wheeled himself down the street, looking for a place to meet with people. He found a place that was new to him -- it said "Coffee shop". Interested, he looked in, and saw one other, very bored looking person. The only problem was that he coulnd't get in on his own, his wheelchair requiring both his arms to use. He settled for staying where he was, waiting to be noticed.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Kaedai walked in the door of the coffee shop. It was barren, save for one girl standing at the counter. He walked over to her and smiled. "Excuse me, can I have a vanilla frappuccino?"

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm

James had tried talking to the man who had approached the door of the coffee shop, but he hadn't noticed him and walked right through. Slightly put out, James settled back in his chair and waited again.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:38 pm

((Sorry, didn't see your post Akishra.))

Kaedai looked back out the window to see a slightly down-looking man waiting on the street in a wheelchair. He backed back out of the store and opened the door for him.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:44 pm

((Don't worry too much about it))

James smiled politely at the man as he opened the door and came inside. 'Thank you,' he said. He suddenly realised how out of place he was -- his black hair, neatly parted, didn't look right here, and his white collared shirt, trimmed with gold and with elaborate gold designes, looked nothing like what the other two here were wearing. His white pants were also out of place. He bit his lip, hoping the small gold string going over one shoulder and across his chest wasn't too obvious. He figured, though, that he would stand out anyway. Not everybody his age looked as outlandish as he.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Jasmine watched the strange scene, feeling bored even though there was some minor action. She checked her watch again. 7:22. "Um, vanilla frappacino right?" she shouted out, cradling the side of her forehead with her right hand.

TheVeryScaryTeaparty
Member for 16 years

Emily opened the door to the Coffee Shop, impatient to get some coffee.She loved coffee, but was lactose intolerant.It was only mild though, so she still drank coffee even if it gave her stomach aches.She wore her regular clothes, jeans and a dark shirt.Her dark brown eyes scanned the scene and went to go in line.While she waited she tapped her fingers on her jeans making a beat.With her other hand she curled her brown hair which was already wavy.Her eyes wandered around looking at a seating place by the window.

RaindropsOnRoses
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:36 pm

James felt he should say something to the new girl, but found himself not knowing how to start a conversation. All he knew were those which took place in books, but those always went in patterns essential to the plot -- how was one supposed to converse when there was no plot? He folded his hands in his lap, looking at her, thinking of something he could say.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Emily's gaze vanished from the table and she looked back at the line.She noticed a man looking at her, his hands folded in his lap."Um, do I know you?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow.Emily didn't really like strangers, she usually only confided in her friends.It was understandable if you heard the life she had lived, and she was young, only eighteen.

RaindropsOnRoses
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm

((Oh, and for everyone here, James is sixteen))

James shook his head. 'No, sorry,' he said. He was aware he seemed to be the only one in the room who spoke with an English accent, albiet a soft one. 'I have trouble interacting with people. Please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

"Oh, no nothing's wrong.I'm just...Not that great with people too.Well, I'm usually...Unkind...To people that aren't my friends, but you're okay with me."Emily answered and shrugged."Oh, and my name is Emily."She started looking around again.What she said was true, and she felt like she was being to easy on people today.That's nonsense.I would have more friends if I didn't have such a bad attitude.She thought to herself, but she knew that she would always have that other part of her, the part that was always yelling angrily at people she hardly knew.And somehow she knew it was a lie.She sighed, letting her thoughts take over.

RaindropsOnRoses
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm

James supplied his name, though the girl seemed lost in thought. He settled back in his chair, tenting his fingers and looking around. He hoped he would be able to come to friendly terms with atleast one person here.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Roscoe swung the door of the coffee shop open, and strode inside. His messy black hair went in his eyes, and he pushed it back carelessly. Hardly anyone was in the shop, yet he preffered it that way. He saw a couple of people. A man in a wheel chair, who looked relaxed, and a girl his age lost in thought caught his attention.
"Not a great way to start out the evening," he mumbled, dusting off his jeans. He had fallen off his bike the way to the shop, as he was in a hurry to get his coffee.
Shoving his hands into his pockets, he went over to the counter. "Black coffee. Thats it," he mumbled, ordering. He handed the money over, and waited for his drink. It came quickly, and he slurped it gratefully and quickly.
Roscoe looked at the girl who sat at the table, alone, obvisouly consumed by her thoughts. "Hey- you. Yeah. Girl by window. Can I sit with you?" His low, Native American accent came through, as he called out to her. He hated his voice.
He took the chair opposite from her, not waiting for her permission.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Jasmine watched the new customers-the only customers-suddenly realizing how strange they looked and acted. She watched the man in the wheel chair, James, was it? Who did he think he was, a pirate? And the man who just walked in, did he even know the girl he was sitting with?

Jasmine began to look out the windows. Normal people walked by, riding on normal buses, talking to their normal friends. This is was confusing. She knew that in the city, there were some crazies, but did they all really need to go in her coffee shop? They might...scare away other customers. "Are you going to buy anything?" She asked James, looking at him, but from her tone it sounded like, "Buy something or leave Will Turner."

TheVeryScaryTeaparty
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 pm

James was somewhat startled by the woman's tone of voice. 'Oh...A glass of water, if you have it,' he said. He wheeled up to the counter, and, as he looked around, asked idly, 'How old does everybody here think I am?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Jasmine fast-walked to the cup station and began pouring some water. When it was full, she put a lid on it and handed it to James, then squinted again. "I don't know...eighteen or something? Oh, and water's only like ten cents here, because we never use it at an uh," she turned her head. "Coffee shop."

TheVeryScaryTeaparty
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Roscoe ignored the girl at the table. She was still lost in her thoughts, and he was unnerved by her silence. He had heard that oddly dressed man talking about his age.
Getting up from his seat, drink in hand, he went to the counter again. He looked at the man in the wheelchair. "You look older than you should," he muttered, raising an eyebrow. Roscoe said to the girl, "Your coffee is good...too much water." He took a sip, testing it again.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Emily snapped out of her thoughts looking at the man across the table at her."Hey, who do you think you are?" She said a little bit too forcefully.She hesitated and said, "What were you saying anyways?" She looked at him with curiosity.He didn't even ask to sit there, what was he doing!?

RaindropsOnRoses
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Rolling his eyes, he snapped his attention back to the girl. By the window. The one almost on the verge at yelling at him. "I think, that...I'm Roscoe Thomas. And I was saying," he laughed carelessly, "well, asking, if I could sit with you." He walked back to the table, resting one hand on the back of his chair.
His mismatched eyes, one blue, one green, surveyed her face, reading her expression. He smirked.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!