Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Comedy! Romance! Supernatural... stuff! 1x1 Idea

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Comedy! Romance! Supernatural... stuff! 1x1 Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 pm

It's the same ages-old love story-- you know, he's just your average twenty something guy, struggling to make it through life, keep the bills paid, and have a good time along the way, and she's an ancient demon warlord who once dominated half the Earth with an iron fist before the age of man until a coalition of her enemies destroyed her form and trapped her soul, her essence, her very being, to suffer in solitude and powerlessness for all eternity.

At least, until an average twenty something guy struggling to make it through life, keep the bills paid, and have a good time along the way stumbles upon her 'resting place', which has long since been forgotten in the age of man, built over, now buried beneath a burgeoning modern city.

Perhaps it was curiosity. Perhaps it was awe at this strange place or thing he'd stumbled upon. Perhaps he simply 'pressed the wrong button', metaphorically speaking, and did something he shouldn't have. Whatever it was that prompted our glorious(ly clueless) hero here to unwittingly release upon the Earth the most feared demon warlord to have walked the mortal planes-- who is absolutely horrified to find her kingdom has now been overrun by primates, and resolves to ameliorate this unacceptable state of being immediately. Namely, by gathering together her legions, retaking her kingdom, and maybe enslaving the human race, just as the little cherry on the sundae.

Er, just one wrench in the plan. Her armies are long gone, her kingdom dissolved and forgotten, her own powers of bending reality to her will diminished strongly by the immeasurable years of spiritual confinement, and her connection to the demon planes severed. In other words, the demon who once conquered an entire world, single-handedly crushed armies beneath her foot, and enslaved the reality of the mortal planes itself to her will... now has to find a way to fit into a world dominated by beings she looks upon much the way you or I look upon a particularly ambitious cockroach. At least until her powers return to their full strength.

How does our hero figure into all this? Well, she needs a place to stay while she plots the downfall of the human race and her own return to power, and she needs someone to fill her in on the, oh, millions of years she's missed since the demon race was driven from the mortal planes. The buffoon who unsealed her from her prison is not ideal, no, but... what human is? He'll have to do. Who knows, maybe he'll even turn out to be useful. Probably not, but if there's one thing you learn as a demon warlord, it's that you don't waste potential resources.

So basically, our hero, a completely run of the mill lowly human, a guy who has gone his whole life believing the supernatural to be the stuff of fantasy books and TV shows, is faced with a demon lord who could crush his skull into powder with her thumbs and plans to overthrow and then enslave the human race, asking to be his roommate.

His answer? Why the hell not. He could use the company.

So yes. That's my little idea. Yes, it's a 'romance' RP (assorted groans and moans), though I'm hoping the romance bit will be done well-- and it's not love at first sight, seeing as to him she's an arrogant, emotionally blunted, violent psycho with absolutely zero understanding of human society, emotions, and convention, and to her, he's a cockroach. I do want to play the demon (sorry :/) but don't be put off by that: I certainly don't mean to make like the human is boring and uninteresting; he could very well turn out to be a much more interesting specimen than the demon, after all. That would be entirely up to you-- pretty much everything is in your hands as long as he remains human and completely unaware that his world was once ruled by demons.

And it won't be all about love. The demon has to get used to living with humans until her power returns, learn about their customs and learn to blend in with their society, and the human has to deal with the fact that there's a whole universe he never knew about, and the fact that he's now living with someone who has professed her earnest intention to enslave his species. Along the way, vive le romance? Who knows. Maybe they'll end up mortal enemies. I think the idea could go places, so.. any takers?
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Comedy! Romance! Supernatural... stuff! 1x1 Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Gonna go ahead and give this a little bump. Anybody? :|

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Comedy! Romance! Supernatural... stuff! 1x1 Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Sounds like this could be a real laugh, I'm up for giving it a go if you're still looking for someone? I'll send a PM shortly.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!