Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Complex Situations[full]-OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Complex Situations[full]-OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Screams, fighting, rain, thunder, lighting, these elements of the priestesses surroundings did not effect her concentration. She took aim again and again with her spirit bow and arrows. The arrows finding their targets easily, she desperately attempted to take aim at the one person to whom she needed to defeat, but he was impossible to fallow, and no matter how hard she tried, he always managed to duck behind someone else. “COWARD.” She stated loudly at him, not knowing if the sound of her voice could reach him over the noise of battle.

The cursed man she needed to slay, this man was a tyrant of the land, and she was the only one who could stop him, the only who could wound him. He had caused so many deaths, and people were dieing all around her, not soldiers giving their lives, but farmers and townspeople. Maybe a trained fighter here and there, but mostly innocents, fighting a last battle to try and end this tyrant’s rule, so much depended on Saya, she was starting to get desperate under the pressure.

The accursed emperor was slaying man and woman alike, slaughtering them, and her friends, her dearest Guardians, they were the only things making any significant number of kills. She wanted their efforts to not be in vain, she couldn’t fail. But the emperor was so difficult to get at. She was almost taken by surprise again and again as the tyrant’s soldiers came after her, trying to kill her.

Habaek clashed and slew a man that came after her, he positioned himself behind her, covering her back and making sure she could concentrate. “Just block everything else out Saya, you can do this, I know you can.” He said, slaying another individual and turning his loving eyes to her. “Lets end this, all of your friends are at your side.” Saya smiled gracefully at his words. Shooting a man behind him so he didn’t have to turn around, Saya kissed him on the lips softly.

“Thank you, my love.” With determination blazing in her eyes she spun around and took aim, but the emperor had disappeared.

“Where….-Habaek!” she screamed, the emperor’s sword protruded from his back, he had a hold of the sword so that it wouldn’t go any farther. Saya’s eye’s widened, he was protecting her from the blow, the tyrant had snuck up on her. His arms shook and Saya cried out Habaek’s name again, making another glowing blue arrow and shooting it at the impossibly fast emperor. He dodged and smirked, taking out his sword and pushing Habaek aside.

A fatal blow struck down Saya; she fell next to the still barely alive Habaek. The emperor roared his laughter. Already shouting victory, the rebellion against him was doomed now.

“Habaek, my love, you are still breathing….good.” Saya could barely breath; she was slipping as quickly as blood poured out of her body. “I’m afraid I’ve failed, I’m so sorry Habaek, sorry to everyone who gave their lives, but even though I will be gone, you must live, you must live. They will need you, and you must keep fighting my love.” She shuddered as she almost passed out, “Here, I can give you what is left of my life, live Habaek, promise me you will live and fight, for me if not for yourself.” Saya kissed him softly on the lips one last time, her energy flowing to him and healing his wounds completely.

‘Goodbye my love….’ Saya thought, finally slipping fully into the peaceful darkness. Her manner of speaking, her smile, everything about her was graceful until the very end, but…

The priestess was no more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the deal:
In an Asian-esque feudal period land where a few individuals are gifted with power, one such prince was gifted with a power no one could interpret. His movements faster than many could fallow, his intelligence that of a genius, his strength impossible, and no one could touch him, his mind or otherwise. He killed his father and became a tyrannical emperor, turning the lands until they could grow no more, taxing the townspeople to the point of poverty, and ruling with not an iron fist, but a spiked iron fist.

A prophecy came of these events happening, but no one listened to the old monk who foretold such a prophecy, when it was finally happening he was turned to. He was gracious and foretold of the events that would fallow after, he told of a priestess that would be born in the spring, she would be able to wound the emperor. Her powers would be of the spiritual kind, something the emperor’s powers would not be able to fight against.

She was born and finally found and taken in by the monk, and raised to take hold of her powers. The emperor got wind of this, he had many spies.

Events changed and soon the monk became to old, he died peacefully and passed his job unto his grandson, who was young, but still as knowledgeable as his grandfather. The grandson foretold that the priestess would need protection, and it would come in the form of seven Guardians, all with gifts that made them unique and powerful.

The priestess risked much to find these seven and adventures brought them together. Along with near death expiriences, these seven all became friends. They attacked the emperor time and time again, starting a reballion, but they needed to end him, they needed to end it once and for all.In the last battle the priestess died, and Habaek, her love and one of the seven almost died. He was saved by the priestess and given a second chance. The rebellion has failed, and many people are dead, the seven wounded and grieving. How will they defeat the emperor when they have already failed?

The boy monk, Ayashi, has a plan, his powers are psychic based, and it's risky, but worth a try. He tries to bring a soul from a distant land into Saya's body, to resurrect her, but ends up bringing one from an entirely different universe or dimension. The girl he brought into Saya’s body is now the only hope they have of renewing the rebellion, with her is hope, but what use can she pose? Ayashi didn’t know what he was doing, but it looks like he’s screwed up. Things are becoming complex.

About era:
Ok so this is set in a feudal Asian setting. They do not have technology above irrigation and such. So, no high schools or ipod etc. Think Fushigi Yugi, that’s were this rp gets its inspiration from

rules:
Alright, I require that you post at least three paragraphs, I will tell you to pick it up if I see anything less than that got it? The profiles are pretty easy to fill out, I just need a bio that's at least four paragraphs, which should be very easy. History for these guys is totally up to you, they could have been a street rat before becoming a guardian, an entertainer, even one of Kozen's (The emperor)soldiers, etc. Get creative and have fun with it, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Characters:
Played by me-
Saya/Rintako[The Priestess]
Ayashi[The Boy Monk][
Kozen[The Tyranical Emperor]

Habaek-Neonwingedphoenix-neonwingedphoenix- Saya's love, he has the gift of speed and Fire/Electricity, this character will have much angst
Guardian#2-The Chinese Fireball-Hikaru- Has the power of manipulating shadows, they are more solid than you'd think, also has Photokinesis, stealthy
Guardian#3-Statistic Exile-Yun Fei- Is a musician, has Sonokinesis
Guardian#4-LookingxGlasses-Haru- Has the control of Water an Ice, also a speedster like Habaek
Guardian#5-Logarithms-Natsuki- An Alchemist, is very intelligent
Guardian#6- Nyghtfang-Kage- Heals instantly, is wolf like and has claws that cut through metal, hightened senses
Guardian#7-Souseiki-reserved- Illusionist, skilled swordsman/woman

Villains-
-
-
-
-
-
etc.

What I need for profile:
Appearance: [be vain in choosing a picture, I like pretty ^_^]
Name: [asian names please]
Role: [example, guardian #3, Habaek, etc
Weapons: [don't over do it please]
Bio: [I like long bios]
Personality: [you don't have to write much in here, just a generalization, it's the bio that needs to be long]
Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Complex Situations[Literate only]-OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:47 pm

I would like to reserve Guardian#6. Will have CS up ASAP.

By the way... Hello Skittle! XD How are you?X3
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:51 pm

hey nyghtfang, and it's all yours, you know the drill I LIKE long bios XD god I'm such a hard ass

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes you are. But at least your not as much of a hard ass as Red Forman from That 70's Show. That wouck suck.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Consider me a mini Forman >D

JKJKJK!Lulz

but the reason for my hardassed-ness is because I take up a lot of time creating my plots and I put a lot of effort into typing out ginormous length intros, so it's like, I want to know that you will be just as commited by having you write long bios. That and I like to read interesting things ^_^

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Can I reserve Guardian #2? Will get CS up ASAP (a few hours at the least).
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:19 pm

YES! You may ^_^

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Name: Haru Fuu
Role: GUARDIAN #4!!! :D
Weapons: Haru uses her speed, and her water elements. She can create ice paths, freeze water, create water balls, and bring water out of certain places [ex: pipes, oceans, lakes, rivers, ect.]
Bio: Haru Fuu was not a normal girl. She did not enjoy the idea of entertaining the Emporer. She did not want to become a geisha and entertain others, like the females in her ancestory did for many generations. What she wanted to do, was to play in the rain. She wanted to play in the snow. She wanted to run.

At the age of five, Haru accidentally realized she could run very fast. She yelled at her father about dressing up and learning to dance. Her father had become enraged and was about to hit her, when she stormed off. She heard her father's booming footsteps behind, and suddenly, they disappeared. She couldn't think of one moment where she wasn't glad to have speed as an ability. Running away from harm. Who wouldn't want that?

At ten, she accidentally froze her mother. Her mother, like father, was furious that Haru would not accept the role as an entertainer for the Emporer. Another strike, Haru held her hand, and then nothing. Haru opened her eyes to see her mother in a casket of ice. Her eyes still enraged. Her hand still up, but she wasn't there. Time had melted her mother, and Haru had recieved her punishment later.

At eighteen she met the priestess and several of the other guardians. Relief flooded her veins and body. She wasn't alone. They spent, oh goodness, how long together. They adventured. They fought. It was horrible. Haru had used so much rain and hail in that battle, that she almost collapsed from the large battle. She'd frozen people. Each time she had used her powers, energy drained from her. And finally, the priestess was laid to rest. Tears had flooded Haru's eyes. For once, her powers went against her. Water flowed from her eyes when she did not want to cry.

She'd spent days in hiding. She hid from evil. She hid from the other guardians. She was scared. Her optimism had faded from her. Her hope had vanished from her heart. The priestess was a great friend of hers, and she was gone and out of her life. And now, after several days of hiding, she finally feels ready to face reality.

Personality: Although many times people believe those of ice have cold hearts, Haru is generally a kind, optomistic girl. She smiles a lot, and tries to keep everyone's happiness at a very high rate. However, when she is in battle-mode, she loses all that, and will do whatever it takes to protect whomever it is she must guard, even if it means losing her life. Although, like the movement of waves, Haru can change her attitude at times, causing her to switch between emotions. At the heart, however, she is a kind, loving girl.
Last edited by LookingxGlasses on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning!" All you need is a little bit of fairy dust, and to believe! :) Come join the adventure as we battle the ruthless Captain James Hook and his crew pirates of the Jolly Roger!

neverland-ooc-t31233.html

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:07 am

Lookingxglasses: no, and I already pmed you as to why, I put up some more info in the first post, maybe that will help? Also, can you by any chance make your sword a bit more asian?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Can I reserve Guardian #7? I'll get my CS up today or tomorrow, today if I can.
Watch the rhythm, feel the moment

Souseiki
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:20 am

You like long bios? You're getting one here. A very long one.

Appearance:

Name: Hikaru

Role: Guardian #2, Ninja

Weapons: He primarily uses a katana, and is very skilled and precise with it. He also uses a large array of shuriken, some star-shaped, some that were spikes and darts, and some knives. He has a yumi (a bow), which he uses for sharpshooting, and a [i]kusarigama
(look it up on Google). He is a trained ninja, and so is excellent in the arts of espionage, stealth and infiltration, and these talents are further enhanced by his control over shadows and light.[/i]

Bio: Hikaru was born in the Emperor Kozen's palace, into a high-ranking samurai family. He was the youngest of five children, all boys, and was expected to become a samurai, just like his older brothers, father and ancestors.

Once, when Hikaru was 7, he went shopping outside of the palace and went to the outside city. He was shocked by what he saw there. The Emperor had always said he loved the commoners and the people, but Hikaru's young mind was quite sure that this was a strange kind of love. Toothless beggars slumped against walls, holding out their hands. They couldn't even afford something to carry their money in! The streets were filled with mud and the walls were peeling and spattered with filth. Hikaru searched all around for somewhere to shop, but couldn't find anywhere amongst the crush of dirty and rough-clothed commoners. Knowing that his father was very unforgiving of failure, Hikaru didn't return to the palace. Instead, he ran off, hiding. Even though he was still only a kid, he could already work out that he didn't want to come back if the Emperor treated his subjects like this. Hikaru must've been incredibly naturally good-hearted to run away from home when he was 7.

He wondered through the streets, hearing rumours of a young boy his age who the Emperor himself was searching for. Knowing it was him, but wondering why the Emperor himself was looking for him, he hid in alleys and deserted buildings. One day, the guards entered the house he was hiding in and starting searching. They would find him. He knew. He saw some rice wine. He had an idea. When the guards came up to his level, he ran out, threw the rice wine (which he had mixed with some sand) in their faces and jumped out the window. He fell two storeys landed hard on his front, but got up kept on running. It was not until he had gotten into the muddle of the crowd that he felt what had happened to him. He clutched his chest. He had broken a rib.

A man had seen all of this. He took Hikaru to his home, in the farms outside of the city, and nursed him back to health. He had seen the boy's potential, and so (with the boy's express permission) started training him to become a ninja. Hikaru learned with this man, who never gave his name, for thirteen years, and became extremely skilled in the arts of a shinobi. Then the soldiers came.

The Emperor had known what the boy was ever since he was born. In fact,since before he was born. He had gotten a mage to pass over the mother's womb as a routine health check. The mage had been enveloped in solid shadow. The Emperor, after disposing of the mage, who would be an inconvenience now that he knew the boy's power, got another mage to wipe the mother's memory of the event. Kozen knew that this boy could become a very powerful tool of his when he grew up. This was why he had spent every effort to find the boy. And now, when he had given up, someone had finally found the boy, living on a farm with an old man.

The soldiers attacked. Hikaru and his trainer, who he had now come to love as a father, hid up in a hollow in the roof. They hoped the soldiers wouldn't look. They didn't, but instead they set fire to the house. Hikaru and the man dropped out, and started fighting. They were highly skilled with weapons, but then, so were the soldiers. These were the Emperor's own personal guard. Hikaru and his trainer were forced back into a burning corner by sheer weight of numbers. They had killed four, but there were still seven left. A soldier came in with a crushing blow. The man blocked it, but staggered back and fell. Hikaru tried to block it, but the man was killed with a fatal stab in the stomach.

Hikaru knew he would lose now. There wasn't even pain or sorrow at his trainer's death. Just a resignedness to the fact that he was about to die. He allowed himself to get hit. He dropped his sword. But then, as the fatal slash came in, the shadows came. They were solid, jumping in front of the blow and blocking it. Hikaru willed them to drive the soldiers out. They did. The soldiers, unused to the flowing and rejoining shapes of the shadows attacking from every direction, soon lay dead on the floor. They also smothered the burning house, leaving it smoking and black.

After burying his trainer, Hikaru set to work on discovering the extent of his powers. He found that he could control light as well as shadows. He also found that he had an exact amount of control over his shadows and light. They functioned like extra sets of limbs. These powers were incredibly useful to him in his line of work.

Then, when he was 24, a young priestess found him. She told him he was one of seven 'guardians' who would protect her, and help her in her rebellion against the Emperor. He gladly accepted it. Kozen had killed the only man who had ever given him a kind hand or friendship. Hikaru soon became friends with the other six guardians. But then the battle came.

Saya was killed. Habaek had almost died. Hikaru had only been saved by an instinct that had sent shadows into the mouth of the soldier that had been bringing his katana up to cleave him in two, making the soldier suffocate. Hikaru was filled with despair. Saya had died. The rebellion was over. The Emperor had won.

Hikaru has been grieving for two days, ever since the battle. He hasn't come out of his room, and hasn't eaten, drunk or slept. He will only come out for Saya's funeral, then he plans to go into hiding from the Emperor, who still wants him alive. (But the Ayashi boy's plan will scupper his own! GAH!!)

Personality: Hikaru is a dark and moody type, not one for needless talk or jokes. He spends most of his time thinking, filled with guilt at the deaths of Saya and his trainer. He hardly ever smiles or laughs. However, while Saya was alive, something seemed to be unlocked in him. Filled with hope and having an objective to work towards, he laughed at jokes, smiled at good fortune and sometimes even made a joke of his own. Hikaru has a keen and creative mind, and while he's not wallowing in a cesspool of unearned self-reproach, he writes stories and poems. He's not regretful of running away from his family: he now knows what fate he would have met at the hands of the Emperor. He would've become a servile minion, trained to kill and having no conscience or regret. Hikaru is an incredibly kind-hearted person, and very protective of those he loves. He does not have a strong temper: insults he takes as a sign of the attacker's mindset and not some fault of his own, and so he ignores them, never letting them touch him inside. He is a pragmatic type, not caring for sentimentality or the ideals of honour in battle.
Last edited by The Chinese Fireball on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:05 am

0_0 gaaahhhhh!

Ok, chinese fireball and lookingxglasses, this rp starts just two days after Saya's death, the day the funeral is supposed to be held. That way it enfasizes how complicated things will get, Ayashi kind just pops this out on everyone, "Hey...um, Saya's alive, kinda..." Soooooo, other than that you both are accepted!

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Enjoy Skittle!X3

Appearance: Image
Has silver eyes and his teeth have become like wolf fangs.
Name: Kage
Role: Guardian #6, Tracker, Hunter
Weapons: Throwing knives, Battle knife, Hand and a half broad sword, His claws and natural abilities.
Bio: Kage was not born normal. He had heightened senses and claws. This scared his parents and worried them a lot. They took him to many doctors but none could figure out why he had been born this way. Finally they abandoned him at the age of six leaving Kage to fend for himself. So he lived off the streets for a few years.

Kage stole, conned, or bargained for his food and drink. A gang of rag-tag misfit kids that had either run away or were abandoned, found him and made him part of their family. He helped them survive and they help protect him from ridicule and beatings. They only helped themselves and each other. Due to Kage being like a wolf and adept at sneaking around in the dark they gave him the nickname Nyghtwolf, but sometimes just called him Nyght or Wolf. He liked the names but it kind of annoyed him that the giiiiils in the rag-tag gang called him wolffy. Altough he did think it was kinda cute.

At the age of fithteen he was caught stealing part on the nights meal by a monk. Kage was surprised that this happened, he never got caught. It turned out this monk could see the future and wanted to help Kage and his “family” by giving them a place to live. Kage took the monk back to the rag-tag gang’s hideout/head quarters. There the monk gave his proposition and the gang agreed. It felt good to everyone to finally be working for there food, as they had chores to do. Kage always finished his chores first due to his abilities and helped everyone else with their chores.

The monk soon died of old age and Kage and his friends grieved greatly. He hoped the church wouldn’t close down and was overjoyed to hear that the monks grandson would take over. Ayashi, the grandson, worked hard to keep things in order. One day Kage was walking through the shadows of the courtyard unnoticed and overheard Ayashi foretell that a priestess would need seven guardians to protect her in a great battle to bring down the Tyrant Emperor as she was the only one with a chance to bring him down. Kage immediately stepped forward and volunteered. He had a great time becoming friends with the priestess and the other guardians, but when the final battle ended Kage took a heavy emotional wound when he saw many of his friends, including the priestess, dead on the ground. That event changed him forever.
Personality: Kage was kind and caring but sometimes cold and fierce due to his wolf side. Since the last battle though, Kage has grown even more cold an fierce and very distant, causing his friends to become worried about him. He is still kind but a lot less. He puts on a good face but if you look into his silver eyes you can see how badly he has been wounded by the loss of his friends.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

accepted nyghtfang ^_^

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statistic Exile on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 pm

Appearance:

Name: Yun Fei

Role: The Third Guardian

Weapons: Shamisen/Bachi A deep charcoal instrument, crafted from the secluded mountain tops that bordered the several regions of the Vast Empire. Carved from Kirin wood, this instrument has taken 270 days to shape into the hand held object now in the possession of Yun Fei. If played correctly, it may cause deftness, blindness or even death.

Side Note: Made of Fire Demon Threads, the silk like strings are not only strengthened from intense heat but is also augmented by it. Should the instrument be set ablaze, the centuries old seal may break and call forth the bound monster that lies inside. If ever this happens, the user of the Shamisen must be killed off to prevent the monster from taking over her body.

Bio: Born into a tribe of Nomad’s and gypsies, the young Yun and her family were always moving along the countryside to avoid the following wake of despair. Forever known as the foretellers of tragedy, her people had become the exiles of conquered villages and towns alike. Cowards they were branded, even among the lips of those who would soon meet their end in pointless revolts.

As they wandered, she soon saw the land slowly die at the hands of the emperor; once fertile steppes dried and crows feasted on the fallen bodies of men fortunate enough to leave this cruel world.

For years she had seen the same sad sight, empty houses and broken faces.

How could the world suffer, while one man drowned in his own desire for power?

“Because that is the way of the world.” Her mother explained, “Too foolish are the minds of youth’s to seek questions in the lives of man.”

Unsatisfied with this answer, she stood troubled amidst the silent homes they salvaged for goods. How much longer would we do this? Why do we run from the troubles that pain us? So many thoughts raced down the mind of this young child.

Unfortunately for the tribe, they too would run out of steps to take. Caught by a bordering patrol of soldiers, many were inducted into the nearby villages or sold among the human peddlers as slaves. Those that even dared to stand against them were made an example off.

Done what they were told, Yun was separated from her family and carted off as goods. With her father and mother doing nothing, they simply watched as their only daughter was dragged along the mud to some fate unknown.

Defeated, she cursed the world. In the darkness, Yun abandoned her hopes and tears and in that moment of her life, a new resolve had formed and sharpened itself along the calm sea of shadows.

On her way to town, the caravan came to a sudden halt. With distant screams being heard over the horizon, a broken container was all that was left in the midst of this young woman’s escape.

Found days later in the heavily forested mountain tops of Heaven’s Archway, A devout Sect of Monks brought her to their Prophet; who in turn foretold her future with the priestess.

“Our roles are predestined as we are enter this cycle of life.” He spoke. “You are here because you are meant to be here.”

“With time and guidance, you too shall perform your part in this grand play.”

And with that, she was raised in the caring embrace of the Shenzu Order; Destined to follow the ways of the Priestess and serve the chosen till her dying days.

Personality: Yun Fei is a difficult person to understand. Being physically weak, she has often found herself reliant on others for help; in and out of combat. Alone, Yun is a hopeless wreck. Yet, at the same time she has managed to find a way to emotionally distance herself from people –keeping a strong wall between friends and passing off her adamant poker face as strength. She regrets a lot of what she’s done but hates herself for repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Though she may be silent from time to time, a lot of thinking is happening between the words Yun fails to share with others. And in spite of her false mellow mood, she hates nice guys and girls the most while avoiding any intimate contact with anyone. Asking too many questions about her past might get you the answer you were looking for, but at the same time lose the weak bond she shares. Betrayal is something that will not affect her mood –too much of her faith in humanity was loss in her younger years. By some complete miracle and her gratitude to the order that raised her, she so willingly serves the priestess and hopes that one day, her efforts will not be in vain.

Last edited by Statistic Exile on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop! Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Being ignorant does not mean intentions are malevolent. See an encounter with an ignorant person as an opportunity to educate and open a meaningful dialogue; bringing with it mutual respect and understanding.

Statistic Exile
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 am

I'll like to reserve the spot for the Alchemist.

And, I would do the bio now, but I'm running out of time, so I'll have to do it later. Just telling you so you know there is someone interested in this role.

And, just a question, but what abilities does the Alchemist have? What I imagine is someone who is able to mix potions to create really dangerous concoctions or something along those lines. Any other abilities like magic or something? Potions may be a rather restrictive on his potential later on.
Judge users by their posts, not by their stars... (Admittedly, those stars seems somewhat bugged.)

Logarithms
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 am

Ok, so the Alchemist is basically the super intelligence of the group, he can do everything from potions, to things like you see on fullmetal alchemist. He can manipulate matter basically. But this is a bit difficult to do, so he isn't all powerful or god like, just very powerful. The spot is all yours!

Statistic Exile: accepted! ^_^

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Is Habaek still open?..could I take a stab at him ?

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Sure thing! He's open, I'll reserve him for you. He's our angstiest character I think

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Re: Complex Situations[full]-OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:15 am

Just a question: with Guardian no.2, can he see in the dark? Or is his power limited to control over light and shadows? I just thought it would seem strange if someone had complete control over darkness, but couldn't see in it.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!