Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Coniuncti fortes - A Halo chronicle (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Coniuncti fortes - A Halo chronicle (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon May 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Deacon dropped the salute and chuckled at Mike's response as his eyes drifted over the area,nothing particularly spectacular so he shrugged and started following Mike,his boots not making a sound despite his size and weight.

"I've got one for ya Mike...well two. Ok first is,Do you ever think about what life would be like if we hadn't been chosen? Would be weak,liable ODSTs? Perhaps pilots,or even scientist like the Doc?",Deacon said,genuine curiosity in his voice.

"I have once,and then realized,I'm damn happy with who I am,so there is no other thoughts of another life."

After walking for a few more feet Deacon chuckled,"You remember Lyla-007 from our early training days? She once asked me...if you were driving through enemy territory and you stopped at one point and you C.O. was there,badly wounded and needed evac or he'd die,your most trusted squad mate who saved your life more times than you can remember,or the person that would make your life complete,but you could only grab one,which would you grab?"

Smiling too himself Deacon looked Mike over for a second and said,"I told her,my life was complete,and the C.O. doesn't have enough time if he's that badly wounded,I'm going with my squad mate.

After walking for a few moments he came around the corner and spotted the rendezvous site some three hundred meters off,and no sign of anyone around.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

The Chiefs leg had actually healed a bit from all that walking or he had just gotten used to the pain but he didn't feel so much anymore from his leg and could walk faster. After walking several hundred meters in silence and climbing a broken hill they spotted the rendezvous site and from his comm he could hear a crackling sound. The comm was once more alive!

"... Badly wounded, I'm going with my squad mate." He heard through his comm and he knew that it wasn't from Loz. He started to walk quicker even to the pain increased and spoke up in the comm link with his commanding voice.

"If it isn't our other two Spartans within Comm range. I trust you didn't have too much trouble getting here?"

Suddenly he spotted two figures at a corner a couple of metres away from the Rendezvous site where he and Loz where now standing. The site lied a bit outside the now very quiet B-site. Either the Covenant had won the assault or the UNSC had defended it once more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

A wise choice Mike thought glumly as once again he was reminded by the harshness of battle, and the impossibly tough choices of war. the subject even taxed the most great of men no matter how strong they were.

Mike whipped to his right in a crouched position as he saw a flicker of movement just as Deacon had finished talking. He calculated the amount of movement from the corner of his vision, and deducted that they could be potential hostiles.

"If it isn't our other two Spartans within Comm range. I trust you didn't have too much trouble getting here?" Johnson said as Mike rested his DMR on his shoulder, and let his guard down.

"Nothing we couldn't handle, sir." Mike said calmly as two life signs flickered to life on the side of his HUD: Johnson, and Loz. Mike was taken aback by the relief he was feeling as he realized they must've been the only survivors of their landing.

He and Deacon broke into a slow jog covering the distance between them in a matter of seconds.

"Was it clear on your trip up, sir?" Mike said as he began adopting the military formality he was so accustomed to. Seeing as how it wasn't just Mike, and Deacon alone anymore he didn't want to disrespect a fellow solider if they were offended by informality.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Loz noticed the flicker of movement up near the corner of the ruins, along with the glint from a scope. Loz shouldered the launcher, ready to fire. He almost screamed at the ODST when he spoke openly into the comms. Was he trying to make himself a target!? It was with a sense of great relief that he heard Mike's voice. He lowered the launcher again and holstered his Magnum as the pair jogged over to join them.

"Was it clear on your trip up, sir?" Loz winced slightly as he heard the words, remembering his and John's earlier conversation. He quickly battle signed not to call him sir, though now there was a practical reason- he was convinced that the Covenant were out there, watching them. He didn't want the ODST marked as a target.

"It was dead quiet. Just like this place." he stated, even though the question had not been directed at him. "Our position is exposed here. We should take cover in the ruins if we're going to sit and chat.", then remembering his problem, "088, 159, you got any radar trouble? I'm suffering heavy interference. I think it was damaged in the crash." he concluded.
Last edited by elloit on Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Deacon smiled as they jogged up and rejoined their brother and the ODST chief.
He clapped Loz on the shoulder,winking a green light on their HUD.

"Thought we'd lost ya Laury. Glad things were clear on your end,we ran into a patrol,nothing two beasts like us couldn't handle. Any sign of anyone else.",He said as he began leading the others into a half crumbled structure.

He stopped and turned to Loz as he crossed the threshold.

"You actually look at that thing..? Well now that you mention it,no,mine is fine,but then again I didn't hit anything too hard. I landed in some trees. Thank Mother nature eh?",Deacon couldn't help chuckling as he sat himself in a decent vantage point and began scanning while testing the usual UNSC channels.

"Any UNSC forces in the vicinity of B-site drop point? This is SPARTAN 159 reporting from B-site...over."

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed May 19, 2010 7:56 am

As Deacon kept trying to contact anyone within the B-site there were some small sounds in the comm. It would easily be mistaken as a small buzz in the channel but after Deacon had tried to contact any UNSC troopers in the area for the third time a quiet voice began to whisper slowly through the channel.

"Spartans..? It's good that you're here. We--" He stopped talking for a second as he coughed up a good amount of blood and kept speaking. "We were ambushed from behind. Our defense crippled quickly and all three of our spartans died in the assault along with most of our reinforcements. It.. It was a slaughter. They know you're here. Grab the data and flee while you ca--" He started to scream and then you could only hear him gurgle before the channel went quiet once more.

Then before anyone had the chance to do anything or talk a group of four Elites in blue coloured armors and one in a red coloured armor came walking around the corner of a long corridor, heading for the Group of Spartans and the ODST chief. One of the blue ones had said something and everyone but the red one grunted in agreement. Suddenly the Red one noticed the group of Spartans in front of him and his squad. He stopped his group and pointed towards the Spartans.

"Heretics!" He shouted and activated his energy sword. "Remove this filth!" He then shouted as the rest of his squad activated their own energy swords.

Then something happened that perhaps no one would have thought off. A high pitched beep came from the wall next to the Elite squad and in the blink of an eye the wall were blown open. Rocks from the broken wall flew towards the squad. Three of them dodged them while two were hit. One of the Elites who were hit by the rocks died while the other one just passed out. Out from the hole in the wall a grey figure jumped out and in a swift move the figure left his knife in the throat of red elite. Then he swung around and gave the blue elite behind him a stone hard upper cut. The upper cut broke the Elites jaw and nose. The Elite would die within minutes. At this point the figure had pulled out a Shotgun that had been hanging on his back and with it he blew a hole in to the stomach of the last Elite.

Then the grey figure turned to the group pf Spartans as he unleashed one last shot in to the unconsciousness elite. He smiled slightly and put his shotgun back to the place where it had hanged before; on his back.

"Welcome to Vertigo Alpah, Boys." He said and started to walk towards. "The names Derek, SPARTAN 045. I'll be your commander 'till either you die or if you're lucky and I'll die."

After that he made the sign for them to follow him through the hole he had just blown in the wall. It didn't take long until they found themselves in a room filled with computers a cables leading in to one big screen that were placed in the back of the room. On the screen the UNSC sign slowly turned around and around. In the middle of the screen there was a spot where you could write on using any of the many keyboards in the room.

"I've been trying for some time now to hack me in to the system and get the data we were supposed to get here but I've never been good at computers." He said as he closed the dusty door after Loz who were the last person to get in. "Does any of you have any clue on how to hack this thing?"

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 am

Loz whipped around when he heard the Elites. In an instant the rocket launcher was raised onto his shoulder, and he was just about to fire when the wall blew through. He instantly recognised the tactic- they had used it numerous times themselves whilst training on Reach when they were young. Funny how, even after all of these years, the enemy still never expected it. He drew his Magnum, aiming for the Elites, and moved to stand in front of the ODST, shielding him. Once again he was unable to fire though, as the Spartan behind the explosion leapt through the hole in the wall and despatched the Elites with expert martial prowess.

"Welcome to Vertigo Alpah, Boys. The names Derek, SPARTAN 045. I'll be your commander 'till either you die or, if you're lucky, I'll die." said the figure as he walked towards them. So, this was their new commander. Loz merely winked on his green response light onto the commander's HUD in acknowledgement. He was still too wary of more Covenant to speak openly over the mics.

Once they were inside the control room, however, it was clear that they were relatively safe. He was the last one inside, the commander closing the heavy door behind him.
"Do any of you have any clue on how to hack this thing?" asked the commander, gesturing to the computer mainframe with its myriad of keyboards. Loz groaned inwardly- he had thought that the commander was already in possession of the data.
"Please tell me one of you guys can do it? If you can't, then I can, but it would take me a while." He stated hoping to be out of this place as quickly as possible. This mission had already gone badly enough, and every minute they spent here was a chance for it to get worse.

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Wed May 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Deacon looked up at the sound of the Elites,his DMR seeming to simply appear in his hands as he took aim,but his surprise was complete as the wall exploded and he could only smirk as he watched what he assumed was his commander eliminate the four with ease.
"No ODST nor marine could do that.",he thought as he brushed some of the dust from his armor.

"And a helluva welcome it was Sir.",Deacon said as he came up and through the hole in the wall,relieving one of the dead Elites of their swords beforehand.

He took a look around the small room and shrugged,hoping they wouldn't have to fight in such close quarters. He them studied the terminal for a few moments and nodded.

"I can get through it,take me a few minutes,and I'll have to know exactly what I'm looking for,but I could do it,just keep my back safe.",Deacon said,not bothering with introductions since he was confident the C.O. knew who each was.

He grabbed a nearby chair and hoped it was sturdy enough to hold his frame as he sat down in it and leaned DMR against the table. He then took his magnum from it's holster and laid it down on the table next to the terminal and looked back at Derek.

"So Sir,what am I looking for?",he said as he stretched his fingers and loosened their tension.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Welcome to Vertigo Alpah, Boys." He said and started to walk towards. "The names Derek, SPARTAN 045. I'll be your commander 'till either you die or if you're lucky and I'll die." Derek finished.

Mike's vital signs, and service tag flickered to life in Derek's HUD as soon as his appeared in Mike's. Mike lit the green light next to his vitals up, and simply stated.

"SPARTAN 88 Ready, and able sir." Mike said quietly as he saluted Derek.

Vertigo Alpha, its been a long time since I ever heard that name... Mike thought while he was idly standing off to the side while aiming his gun at the door.

"Sir, seeing as how it won't make any sense to waste anytime the Covenant forces are pushing through the undefended parts of the forest.... very quickly too. They may know the direction Deacon, and I were going when they find the bodies of the Covenant patrol that's taking a dirt nap at around a thousand meters in the eastern forest." Mike quickly informed. He hoped the Commander could gather that the Covies were closing in...... fast. "Deacon, and I also spotted multiple banshees so we should expect air support."

Mike was taken aback when he realized the commander might be aware of this to an extent. Never hurts to be sure Mike thought

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed May 26, 2010 7:50 am

Another loud scream echoed through the ruins as Mike ended his report to the commander. The loud scream didn't last long and soon everything was quiet and still once more. Derek took a few steps towards the hole he had blown open in the wall and looked around for a moment before he swiftly turned around and approached Deacons back.

"Don't mind these screams. They are just from soon-to-be dead marines. They did a good job defending this place but eventually it went to hell. They will of course be honored." He said as he let his hand rest on Deacons left shoulder. "Now, We are looking for a small cryptic file lying around in the network. The file looks like it's just holds some minor codes that are of no importance so i advise you to keep an eye out for any small files while you scan the network."

After that Derek shifted his attention towards Mike. He didn't move a inch and just stared at the Spartan for a couple of seconds before he started to talk once more.

"I know they're coming spartan. They're probably pissed off because they just lost a big wave of soldiers and vehicles to some humans. They've been attacking this site for several hours, wave after wave, and now it's time to pull out before we got Covenant troopers up our asses." Derek said with a rusty voice as he sat down on a small rock from the broken wall. He was turned towards the hole in the wall but he didn't expect any covenants to come... yet.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Screams echoed through the halls, as Mike was eerily aware that many marines with families weren't coming home to them. When the silence had set in Mike took up a position crouched by the hold in the door with his sniper rifle ready. If they come through, those bastards are only going to meet a muzzle flash before I send them on their 'Journey'. Mike thought grimly as he watched the hallway very intently.

After Derek responded to Mike, Mike's Tag flickered green, then continued to go back to its normal color. Mike understood. He knew they would be moving soon anyway, for staying in a ruin wasn't the best place for SPARTANS. They should be in the fight, and by the 'fight' he meant holding key points on Reach. Not retrieving some random information on a terminal. Orders are orders, it cant be helped. Mike reasoned with himself.

Mike was so focused on the entrance he nearly missed the flicker of movement on his motion tracker. "You see that too?" Mike asked not really aiming the question at anyone in particular. He began to feel the hints of of adrenaline creeping into his system, as he anticipated the fight would be brought to them in mere minutes now.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 pm

"Sir, permission to go and search for those survivors." Loz said as soon as he heard the Commander's harsh comments. How could he sit back and sacrifice people like that? The same people they were supposed to protect? It just didn't seem right to him.
"What is it Mike?" he asked. He couldn't make anything out of the garbled mess that was supposed to be his motion tracker, but he could guess what was probably out there, and he gripped his Magnum tighter. The sooner they were out of these ruins the better. Then he could shoot down those damned Banshees, or at least have a crack at them. Just to fire the launcher at something, even if it was only a grunt, would make him feel better. Still, orders were orders, just because he didn't like them didn't mean it was fine to disobey. They had been ordered to get those files, and he was damned well going to do it. But just because they were getting files, didn't mean that they couldn't save those Marines still alive. He was sure the ODST would feel the same way.
But instead of leaping into action he just stood by the bulkhead door they had entered through, and waited. If anything came through it, it was going to get a good punch to the face, before he filled it with lead...

elloit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 am

Deacon nodded as he listened almost absently,his hands dancing across the keyboard as he began tearing through the computer's security network in search of whatever he was meant to find. He knew it would draw him in,so he kept his eyes and attention glued to the monitor before him.
He took a brief glance away from the monitor once to look at the Commander's hand before looking back and going back to work.

"I care very little for them,and couldn't care less if we honor them,they are fodder,soaking up the damage so we have time to do what is important,if they could fight,plan,act,and win as well as we could or better then it would be them in this room and us out there dying for the good of the team. Just keep them at bay and I'll get everything we need quickly enough.",he replied in a deadpan voice that was neither cold,nor angry,simply stating what he believed to be solid fact.

And so,obviously not sharing his team's concerns for the fodder's well being,he focused all the more on the task at hand,hoping to get this done as fast as possible,for while he didn't care about the men dying outside,he did appreciate the fact that they only had a limited amount of them.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Derek had been focusing on the entrance and soon enough he had also noticed the small movement on his motion tracker. The grip around his DMR got harder and he was afraid that the horde had found them. But nothing attacked. There was only silence. Though the silence disappeared swiftly as Loz started to talk.

"Sir, permission to go and search for those survivors." Loz asked and Derek gave him a quiet yet serious look.

"I don't need another Spartan running around these ruins looking for survivors and endangering our mission. We ca--" Derek started bu was cut off by Jonathan who had finally found a reason to start talking.

"Derek we both know that if there's any soldiers out there we have to save them. No matter the cost."

Derek went quiet for a couple of seconds as he swifted his attention from one spartan to the other until he finally spoke up. "We have a mission to complete and so I can't afford to waste any time nor resources looking for survivors. For all we know they might all be dead now and the Elites might have set out an ambush for anyone who tries to come and look for them. There's not enough time."

"What has gotten into you, boy? for just a couple of years ago you were so full of energy and took every chance you got to save any surviving human forces." Jonathan asked in a angry tone.

"I grew up, John. That's what i did. We got a mission and I'm not about to toss it away just for some marines. They've done their part now let us do ours."

Jonathan went quiet. He knew that it would not be wise to try and start an argument, at least of all here. All he knew was that once they were out of here and somewhere safe he was going to teach Derek a lesson he wouldn't forget for a looooong time.
Suddenly a beeping sound came from the computer and a new window pooped up on the screen. Deacon had found the file! The screen of the computer then faded into darkness slowly and a small chip flew out from the computer. Derek swiftly grabbed it and placed it in one of his three small waist bags.

"Alright we got what we came for. Move out." Derek stated and with quick steps he marched out from the computer room, into the corridor once more. If they were lucky they wouldn't meet any Covenant forces but chances were that many of them still lived and roamed this ruins, looking for survivors or Intel.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Mike winked his green light on, as he followed Derek out into the hallway. In truth Mike felt guilty about leaving the marines behind, even though years of war had hardened Mike into a perfect killing machine, he still couldn't ignore the emotions he felt over preservation of life. He never had trouble sniping his enemies when the time came, but when his allies were put in harms way for their sake it sickened him.

He wouldn't pretend to understand the conversation the commander, and John were going through, as Mike didn't have a huge history with the two. Mike was usually deployed on a solo mission, he would be assigned to an ODST squad, or he would be providing sniper support for a marine blitzkrieg of some sort. He rarely was associated with another solider on mission reports, so this added to his inability to effectively communicate with his squad outside of combat reports, and orders.

He silently followed the commander flanking him on the right. He scanned the hallway multiple times before waiting for Derek to take point. It was true Mike had realized that using a sniper rifle in close quarters wasn't a convention method when faced with that situation. But then again Mike wasn't a conventional soldier.

He walked in some form of a crouch never wavering from the stance in which he preformed his perfect aim when sniping.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 am

Loz followed the Commander, but his stomping movements and body language were a clear indicator that he was pissed off. All of those men and women, left to die so inconsiderately. It wasn't right damn it! But, as he already knew, it was not his place to argue. Now he wanted some Covenant to find them though, just so that he would have a target for his anger. Missile launcher cradled in his right hand, Magnum at the ready in his left, he stalked into the corridor. He was no sniper, subtlety was not part of his battlefield routine. Whereas Mike half-crouched, he strode boldly forward.
"You want me to make us an exit, sir?" he asked, gesturing with the launcher to the wall at the end of the corridor. From this distance it would be safe to fire into it without fear of friendly casualties. Of course, he didn't actually know what was beyond that wall, but from what he could make out on his muddled radar it should lead back outside the complex. It would also take out any Covenant standing on the other side, and allow them to avoid planned ambushes. Then again, a wall suddenly blowing out would be a signal to any nearby Covenant that they were there. It was a two sided coin, but the question was- which side was the right one?
Then again, the Commander clearly wasn't bothered about human casualties, so any Spartan ones probably wouldn't bother him too much either. Whichever option he chose, Loz realised, they were likely to encounter at least some Covenant. He made sure that the ODST was nearby. There had already been enough marine casualties today.

elloit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Deacon stood as their commander took whatever it was they had come for and shrugged too himself before looking around the area.
He placed his magnum back in it's holster and shouldered his DMR,and as the others moved out of the room he dragged the chair into the doorway,took the pin out of one of his grenades and placed it gently under the chair's back so that anyone moving it would trigger the clasp and detonate the grenade.
Smiling and chuckling as thoughts of explosions danced through his head he unslung the DMR back into his hands and did a light jog,quickly catching up to the others.

"What's on your mind Laury...? You're looking a little down,and that's never good,get your mind on the mission,don't need you losing anything else",he said,trying to sound upbeat.

The he turned back to Derek and caught up too him and said,"Where to now Sir? Are we heading to the pick up point,or do we have more killing and retrieval to take care of?"

Though he seemed to be all business,truth was Deacon's blood was on fire and he loved every minute of it,he would sacrifice nearly anyone not a SPARTAN in the hopes of completing his mission and getting home in one piece.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 am

Screams of agony, Flames of destruction and the scent of death filled the grey coloured Spartans mind, nose and eyes as he ran through a corpse filled battlefield towards a certain area. His eyes were filled with tears as he kept sprinting and before jumping down the shuttle that had landed him and his brothers and sisters he had tossed his helmet aside. Suddenly he stopped with his left foot standing on a blood covered elite and his right foot on the ash covered ground. His eyes was fixed on the cold and lifeless female body lying in a pool of red and blue blood before him. She was wearing a green marine armor, but her helmet was gone and her once dark brown hair was now almost entirely red after all that blood.

Tears started to slowly make their way from his closed eyes, down his chin and then they fell one by one from his tired and sad face. The woman before him had been meaning so much to him, more than what a SPARTAN should care for another. And now... Now she was gone forever.
Then a figure approached him from behind. Judging by the shadow that grew bigger behind him he knew that it was something smaller than him and the voice that followed it indicated that it wasn't a grunt nor a jackal.

"I am so sorry Derek. I told her to retreat but she refused to listen. I.. I'm so sorry for your loss." The ODST soldier named Jonathan almost whispered as he put his hand on Derek's right shoulder before leaving him to mourn his loss. And as Jonathan walked away and Derek wiped the tears from his face the world before him started to fade in to darkness once more.

Derek opened his eyes and stopped a couple of centimeters away from walking in to a stone wall. He was back in the ruins with V.A and Jonathan. He backed away from the wall and stood still for a couple of seconds as he started to scan the area around him. It had all been yet another flashback from his past.

"No, Loz. For now we have to be a bit stealthy. Don't worry though, I can assure you that at the end of this you'll have more than enough to shot at." Derek said and kept walking through the corridor leading towards the courtyard which they had to cross to get to the real exit.

"And as for our next course of action Deacon." He started, turning his head towards Deacon while walking. "We have to deliver this data chip to the HQ before receiving new orders."

After that the group walked quietly on.

-------
10 minutes later
-------

A small push was all that it took to make the small iron door open wide and suddenly the group of Spartans and Jonathan were standing in the outskirts of a grass filled circle. There was a small path leading towards the middle of it and there it was divided in to three other paths. One lead to the left, one to the right and one kept heading forward. In the middle where all the paths meet and were divided there was also dried out fountain standing. Derek stretched a bit before he started to stroll down the path leading towards the fountain. So far they had not meet any Covenant forces and he was starting to think that they had abandoned this place, but he was sure that this was not the truth. They were still here, they had just not found them yet.

When Derek finally reached the fountain he stopped and looked peacefully at it for a couple of seconds. It was a beautiful artwork that shouldn't be kept at a place like this. He then realized that they were in a hurry and started to walk again, this time a bit faster than before.
Suddenly there was a sound of a something being fired and then the fountain exploded behind them. The group of spartans and Jonathan flew forward and landed behind some large rocks from a broken pillar. Then a Banshee by the looks of it flew over them and disappeared before a group of four elites and about fifth teen grunts came rushing in to the courtyard from the door that Derek had been leading them towards.
The Covenant forces started to take cover behind some other large rocks from yet another broken pillar and then began to fire upon Derek and his group. Jonathan was quick to get up on his feet and return fire against the covenants.

"Get up and fight Spartans." He almost ordered the Spartans with a joking voice. Derek got up on his feet right after Mike and started to return fire he too with his DMR.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Something's not right. Mike thought quickly as the air itself seemed to explode. The fountain behind them went up in a fiery explosion. The flames, and the sheer concussion of the blast made Mike's shields flare into a brilliance rarely seen in combat. Mike landed with an audible grunt. Instantly Mike was up. He slammed his body against the fallen pillar making it crack in several places. He continued to heft his sniper rifle, and inserted a clip of shredder rounds. He hefted the sniper rifle, and fired our quick shots into the horde of covinant with quick, and deadly perfect precision.

The bullets like a wildfire spread fear into the grunts as Mike mowed six grunts down with his weapon of choice. Some of the methane tanks exploded in the spectacular fashion, and continued to make the nearby elite's shields flare in protest. Mike quickly through the expended clip out of his sniper rifle, and watched as it clattered to the ground. Earlier he had heard Derek ordering them to get in the fight. He flipped the sniper rifle onto his back, and pulled out his DMR attempting to conserve sniper rifle ammo, he quickly ducked behind the pillar as a volley of plasma impacted the side of the pillar. Sighing with relief he popped out of cover, and began using suppressing fire against the elites. plasma scorched the grass as stray plasma bolts consumed the air around them with their deadly heat. Mike gripped his DMR while avoiding all types of plasma.

(sorry for the short post >.> )

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 pm

"What's on your mind Laury...? You're looking a little down,and that's never good,get your mind on the mission,don't need you losing anything else" commented Deacon.
"Nothing that matters to you, Deacon, and don't talk about the arm like that. I miss it, you know?" Loz was being entirely serious, it had been a great arm for sports, sparring, and grenade lobbing. Some people would say that his replacement was just as good, if not easily better, but those people didn't understand that no matter how efficient it was, it was never anything like his real arm. Anything he did with it just felt disconnected, which technically it was.
"No, Loz. For now we have to be a bit stealthy. Don't worry though, I can assure you that at the end of this you'll have more than enough to shoot at." responded the Commander to his earlier question. Loz simply winked on his green HUD light. if the Commander wanted stealth he would have it.

Around ten minutes later they ended up in a small courtyard. There was a disused fountain in the middle, some pillars around the outside, and a door on the far side, presumably their destination. Loz was half-way there when the fountain exploded-he had been standing practically next to it, and was thrown across the courtyard into a pillar, which collapsed beneath his weight. It had happened so fast that it took a moment for his brain to catch up. His shields were down, and on the verge of recharging, but it was more the faint sound of a Banshee which grabbed his attention. Picking up the rocket launcher he trained the sights on the flying craft, just in time to see it move out of range. "Bastard." was all he had to say about that.

"Get up and fight Spartans." the Commander ordered, and turning he realised that a number of Grunts and Elites were attempting to ambush them. Mike had already dropped a number of Grunts, and Derek and John were keeping them supressed.
"Sir, yes sir!" was his reply, as he stomped over to pick up his Magnum, his shields now fully recharged. Whilst the others had the group distracted, he vaulted over the fallen pillar, firing shots to keep the Covenant heads down. He continued to run towards them, firing as he went. The mag went empty just as he got there, and he threw the Magnum into a Grunt's face, breaking its breathing apparatus. It collapsed to the floor, suddenly choking, but Loz had already moved on. Two more Grunts blocked his path, turning to face him. He jumped and landed on one of them, crushing its upper body beneath his MJOLNIR armour, before breaking the neck of the second with a swing of his rocket launcher.

Now he was faced with one of the Elites. It roared a challenge at him, and he bellowed back, beating on his chest with his free hand. "This green bastard is mine." he growled, not wanting the others to take his kill. Think of all those Marines, killed by these Covenant pricks. Good men and women, their lives wasted. He used the thoughts to pump himself up, and then suddenly hurled himself at the Elite, dropping the rocket launcher as he did so. The Elite was taken by surprise by the bold move, and dropped its plasma rifle. The two struggled for about a minute, trading blows and rolling about on the floor, before Loz finally got the upper hand. If there was one advantage of his bionic, it was that it was strong and durable. He now had the Elite pinned beneath him, and as it shrieked at him he struck, smashing it in the face with his fist over and over again. The alien cried out in agony as he slowly beat it to death, first cracking open its helmet, until finally, with a wet 'squish' he put a crater in its skull that pierced its brain. It writhed in agony as it slowly died, unable to think of anything but the pain.

Loz picked himself up slowly, breathing hard, and took a moments pause to take stock of the situation. With any luck the ambushers would all be dead by now.

elloit
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!